Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Three on the ball :) i like, Downloading now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Hopefully will be released for Vodafone soon won't hold my breath however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Cococcini wrote: »
    It looks like there's an official Jelly Bean update for 3 today...

Yup just got mine. Google Now looks nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Any chance of meteor following?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 liamo1979

Got the three update this morning, its hard to compete with them really.... unlimited data, free three to three, 300 free minutes and 600 free texts all for €43 per month....
    Only problem with jelly bean so far is skygo doesn't work with it, sky need to get the finger out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

What's the best way to check if you have the update? Kies on PC or Settings and Updates

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

kies whould have it if settings update doesnt..
    if you are network locked +have bloatware you mitent be able to get it until your network rolls it out.. so you get it via settings then only.
    fair play to three anyway. i mite roll back to an old o2 version to update mine when its confirmed out for them

Sonics2k wrote: »
    What's the best way to check if you have the update? Kies on PC or Settings and Updates

Go into settings then at the bottom, about device, there it will tell you if you are running Android version 4.0 or jelly bean 4.1.1...... go to the top and select software update and check for update if you haven't yet received it...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Cococcini wrote: »
    It looks like there's an official Jelly Bean update for 3 today...

Yep just got JB on three a few mins ago.

Everything ok so far. ..
    Wait, cant get google voice to speak to me. All volumes are up and voice is downloaded.
    Anyone know whats up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Pikasso

mhge wrote: »
    Yup just got mine. Google Now looks nice!
    Just updated on 3. Where's Google now?

• Advertisement

Pikasso wrote: »
    Just updated on 3. Where's Google now?
    Just did a search. It found me!

Google now is cool, fast voice searches too....

Folders look cool too. Gets away from the iPhone look.
    Tip: if you want a particular icon to show at the front then open the folder and move that icon into first position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep just got JB on three a few mins ago.

Everything ok so far. ..
    Wait, cant get google voice to speak to me. All volumes are up and voice is downloaded.
    Anyone know whats up there?

Set your language to English (US) and it should work. You can also use English (UK), but I prefer the US laydee voice.

Pikasso wrote: »
    Folders look cool too. Gets away from the iPhone look.
    Tip: if you want a particular icon to show at the front then open the folder and move that icon into first position.

When your moving widgets around the other icons now move and make room for it before you drop it in position... Settings and blocking mode is cool, if you dont want to recieve call or text notifications of certain people...

ArthurG wrote: »
    Set your language to English (US) and it should work. You can also use English (UK), but I prefer the US laydee voice.

how do you set the language??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Yup. Looks like Three in Austria, Ireland, Italy and UK getting the 4.1.1 update today.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jessconr

Got my update from three this morning. Whoop whoop! Fair play to three. They are on the ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I think I found a bug though, Touchwiz freezes if I try to delete a page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

liamo1979 wrote: »
    how do you set the language??

Under language settings in Settings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

No update yet for me on three

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Can't get Google Now to talk back to me! Google now looks fantastic i must say! Fair play to Three

Can't get Google Now to talk back to me! Google now looks fantastic i must say! Fair play to Three

Yea same here, it wont talk for me like it does on the N7

Anyone know whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

god's toy wrote: »
    Yea same here, it wont talk for me like it does on the N7

Anyone know whats up?

Changed my Google now Language to English(UK) and did the same for general setting's, and now its working fine!

Changed my Google now Language to English(UK) and did the same for general setting's, and now its working fine!

Edit; got google now working. Had to change the phones Language to United States and google now Language to English (uk) and its now speaking!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

has anyone else had data connection problems since updating to jelly bean? i have to restart my s3 to wake up my 3g connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

has anyone else had data connection problems since updating to jelly bean? i have to restart my s3 to wake up my 3g connection.

I have the same issue. And...as I'm typing this, it just turned itself on there, without a restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

lukester wrote: »

I have the same issue. And...as I'm typing this, it just turned itself on there, without a restart.
    its very annoying. google isnt giving any solutions or fixes
    im going to have a look through the settings now and see if i can spot anything

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Wonder if it'll be out soon for meteor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

On three, updated this morning and yes, am having that issue also.
    A quicker work around in the meantime however is to switch mobile data off, then on again, via the notification bar, but that doesnt resolve the issue (ie it gets mobile data up and running again but it appears to drop off later on.
    Gonna have a snoop around and see what could be doing this.

Overall nice update, few nice new features etc and fair play three, was expecting a longer wait.

Advertisement