Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update tipped for August 29th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

My data connection has settled since I updated yesterday. Data now automatically connects when I move from 2G to 3G

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

What size is the update? I dont have access to wifi an awful lot so rely on the H+ signal on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Melion wrote: »
    What size is the update?.

around 700MBs

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

Media999 wrote: »
    Dosnt sound right at all. Id say flash again.

nah theres an easier solution. involves wiping data of media player or something. a quick google would confirm it
    i did a wipe when i had it myself (1-2 months back now as i was testing the pre releases), but i found out after that thats the solution.
    there is a second similar error happens too sometimes from ics to jellybean and i think its maps causes it.. do similar. into the apps settings and wipe data of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

This problem of mine is really getting the better of me :mad: when I go into the settings for sound/volume the phone just freezes and while sliding through the apps it also freezes.
    The last time this happened to me was when using a nokia going try and back the phone up on kies and try to download jelly bean again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Media999

Any ideas how to connect to ODIN when it just keeps on coming up with the recovery menu instead of connecting.

All i get is a load of recovery options and

Manual mode

successfully applied csc.

phone still has jellybean on it if i restart

when turning on the phone press home, power + DOWN to put it in download mode.
    sounds like you are pressing up to go to recovery

kenyard wrote: »
    when turning on the phone press home, power + DOWN to put it in download mode.
    sounds like you are pressing up to go to recovery

Simple as that :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

any news on O2?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

Does the "my own words" list still clear if the phone is off or restarted?

• Advertisement

any news on O2?

it was telling me nothing was available last i checked. might be worth checking kies now though to see whats going on. i dont think there is an unbranded european one as of yet is all.
    my splashscreen is now "three.co.uk" after flashing the latest one :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

it was telling me nothing was available last i checked. might be worth checking kies now though to see whats going on. i dont think there is an unbranded european one as of yet is all.
    my splashscreen is now "three.co.uk" after flashing the latest one :P

I installed the Swedish release ( build I9300XXDLIH ) the CSC (Consumer Software Customization) is I9300VDSDLI1 which apparently means its for unbranded phones

it working perfectly for me with no crappy carrier preinstalled apps or splash screen

yeah I had that also before this,l and DLJ1 is only the next version up from that, so probably only changes are branding it to three.. either way its grand and smooth now for sure, i did have to uninstall a few of their apps that got installed with it also. bbc player etc
    theres a samsung help thing though that looks like it may be useful to some. kinda a troubleshooting app if you have issues. i didnt look into it too much but im guessing it will help a world of s3 users
    used to have moments before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

any news on O2?
    says they're testing it on their website, in the forum under new handsets coming. hopefully soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Help!

Using a rooted (unlocked via the app) S3 on three but I think it was originally meteor. When I go to software update it says none available but I want JB
    Also if I update will I lose the unlock? If so can it done again on JB..

Thanks in advance
    Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

Finding the whole jellybean thing a bit buggy ..the data connection thing a few apps suddenlt not working phone contact very slow to open not finding it particularly buttery either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

It automatically downloaded the update when I was on wifi (overnight) without my say so :mad::mad: and now every 3 hours it pops up asking me to update.

How do I get rid of this update popping up?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

To all the people having problems with Jelly bean. I would recommend doing a full wipe and re-flashing. For a better user experience.

Strange people having problems. Jellybean made my S3 a lot better on speed and battery.

I was on Polish version then went to Three version which is exactly the same apart from the Three splashscreen as far as i can tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Bump

You could flash the polish version ? Im on meteor and have been using it since it was released without any problems

• Advertisement

also as has been posted in the main s3 thread, you will more than likely lose unlock + root access alright since you did it via an app which just changes the setting on it.

i would update to the swedish version if updating as its the latest and will be update-able in future

also as has been posted in the main s3 thread, you will more than likely lose unlock + root access alright since you did it via an app which just changes the setting on it.

i would update to the swedish version if updating as its the latest and will be update-able in future

Whats the difference between polish and swedish?

newer version so less buggy probably. i hafnt noticed any bugs on them anyway, though im up to a more recent one again since.
    swedish one also has btu csc so thats applicable to us, whereas the polish one isnt. because of that you can install future updates OTA/via kies i believe from the swedish one but not from the polish unless you do a factory reset.
    besides that, very little else.

Where do i actually get the swedish files?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

scroll down to the second post which has DLIH
    swedish

the three one at the top is 2 days more recent, but is branded by them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Got fed up waiting for an update so I flashed omegas jb with the aroma installer..nice clean OS with no bloat ware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646610

scroll down to the second post which has DLIH
    swedish

the three one at the top is 2 days more recent, but is branded by them

Cheers. Much quicker download from here after a google for the filename.

http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4151583

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

Since the JB update on Three (official) I keep getting my data connection dropping off and not coming back unless I go to flight mode for about 10 seconds, and then back to normal.

Really annoying. Anyone contacted three or heard of any fixes / workarounds for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Got fed up waiting for an update so I flashed omegas jb with the aroma installer..nice clean OS with no bloat ware.

Couldn't wait any longer either! Did the same myself along with the motomoto theme....so far ....... amazeballs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am getting an update on S3 o2 phone. The size is around 300mb. I am not sure if its JB. Downloading... will update in a while.

Advertisement