Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

19 month old is a riot at the moment, picking up language so fast, and driving her older sister completely bonkers by wanting to do everything she does at the same time. I really feel for eldest siblings sometimes, they get an awful hard time! Younger ones get all the advantages.

When I asked the small one to give back the favourite butterfly Pj's she just stole off her big sister's bed, she says very politely and sincerely "No thank you mammy, I won't right now" and saunters off like that's that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

A while ago i was putting bleach down the toilet and my 3 year old daughter asked me what it was. We always have it kept out of reach but anyway i told her it was to clean the toilet and that she is never to touch it that "only mammys can".

She has a new little sister and another day i was explaining to her that her sister is a baby, she is a girl and i am a woman.

Now whenever she asks me to do anything like go out on the road and play and i say "no you can go when you are older", she says "so i can play on the road when im older like a woman and when i can clean the toilets?".

I dont know whether to laugh or cry.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Mrs beer went into half pints room this morning, wearing pj bottoms and a red bra. Himself pops up, where did you get the red boobies mammy. Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Spread the love

I always say to anyone who leaves the house in their car to drive safe.

Grandad came to visit and when he was leaving, my 26 month old daughter stood at the front door shouting out at him to 'Drive Safe'. It was cute :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 19 month old is expanding her language base so so much, today she has been running around shouting "ice cold!"

Not sure she's getting it when I respond "what's cooler than cool?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My 3 week old daughter slept for seven hours in a row last night. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

My 13 year old couldn't swim and wouldn't even get into the water until a month ago and after 3 private lessons is diving into the deep end. To say I'm proud is an understatement.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I got a text from my son's playschool teacher saying "I hear congrats are in order, when are u due?" Turned out my son had gone in to school today and announced that there is a baby in my tummy (there's not, to the best of my knowledge!) and it's a girl and she's going to be called Jinx! We had a right old laugh about it when I explained he'd probably come up with the name Jinx cos I let him watch an episode of RuPaul's drag race with me last night, and Jinx Monsoon is one of the queens!!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

My son said he loved me back after I said it to him a gave me a big cuddly hug :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

our 4 year old climbs up onto the sofa & says "I want to give you a hug, cos hugs make you happy" I dont know if it makes me or him happy but he does it about 2-3 times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

my 4 year old.
    Getting ready to Montessori.
    Daddy is busy to drop her of so i suggest that i will drive the car.
    She turns around so shocked " NO mammy! You cant drive the car, only boys can drive the car..."

Made my day up.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭XplaygirlX

its my sons birthday and me and his daddy brought him out and got him Jurassic world dinosaurs :) the smile on his face all the way home was priceless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My little fella's new thing when he's annoyed with me is to say "I love you mammy, but stop *whatever it is that is annoying him*"

Was gently bouncing my 3 month old girl on my knee this morning and she laughed for the first time. Its contagious :)

my other 3 year old made me laugh the other day when her grandad asked her where she is from. She said "Ireland". He looked at her proudly and said "oh really" and she said "yea its near tescos"!

She has a cold at the moment too and she said she has a tummyache in her nose ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Bad day in work, not happy in the job, stuck in traffic, but the minute I see her face it will all be forgotten <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Saysay19

My 2 year old rubbed my face in bed this morning. Then sat up with a serious look in his face and says your beautiful mammy. I wanted to cry 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

my little boy (just 2) asks to see dino****s. (Dinotrux is netflix series). Hard not to smile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Watching the rugby yesterday with my 3 1/2 year old daughter on my lap. Went to check something on my phone and turned back to the telly to see Australia with a penalty, said out loud "how did they get that" daughter replies "the 'Genteena' guy knocked it on". Replay confirmed she was right. The last few weeks of rugby have sunk in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭deisemum

My DS2 and his teammates won their county minor hurling final today, he's absolutely thrilled with himself and they're gone out celebrating the year's hard work. :D

My little girl is 7 weeks old today and she's currently smiling away to herself in her sleep. I love watching her and wondering what she's thinking about. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I had a mega busy day yesterday and didn't get to see much of my 6 month old then her daddy was up with her this morning. When I walked into the sitting room and said good morning to her the huge bounces and laughs she did in her jumperoo were the cutest things ever <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 21 month old just said "mama best ever" :)

I just told my 3 year old that she is so cute. She was not happy with this. She said "no I'm not cute" so I said "well what are you then?" and she said "bootiful".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

So this morning I have my head down the toilet courtesy of my 21 mth olds future little sibling. My little boy comes in and puts his hand on my shoulder and then starts rubbing my hair. Awh

Then he sticks his head down the loo and starts coughing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

So this morning I have my head down the toilet courtesy of my 21 mth olds future little sibling. My little boy comes in and puts his hand on my shoulder and then starts rubbing my hair. Awh

Then he sticks his head down the loo and starts coughing!:D
    theres nothing like some sympathy from a child, they are so sincere when giving it to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Yesterday we were asking our son who he played with in school. I asked him if he plays with D any more and he said that D went to Africa then he said no, in fact he went to China. My 2.5 year old daughter says I've got a China (she's obsessed since she learned she's got a vagina!). She then says I've got 2 Chinas and so do you mammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Spread the love

My 2 year old has started making Chicken Hurry in her kitchen for dinner. I just can't seem to tell her that it's Chicken Curry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My almost one-year-old had his first full day at the childminder's yesterday. I wasn't sure how he'd be as we've only left him with family before, but he had the absolute time of his life! It's a big relief :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm working all weekend to a deadline so my husband went with my 3 year old to the in-laws. Before they left, L gave me a hug, patted my head and said "Don't worry mammy, I'll never forget you! Don't cry when you're by yourself in the house, I'll call you on the phone!"
    I melted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 4 1/2 year old was singing Queen We will we will rock you in the car the other day.
    Gets in the car last night and there was a fella asking for Queen WWWWRY as his kids have been singing it lately.Well teh little fella started singing in the back it was gas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

dubstarr wrote: »
    My 4 1/2 year old was singing Queen We will we will rock you in the car the other day.

Haha. Yesterday in the car our 20 month old was head banging to Radio Gaga. He also joins in on the clapping parts.

Queen resurrected haha

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Haha. Yesterday in the car our 20 month old was head banging to Radio Gaga. He also joins in on the clapping parts.

Funny, you know I was watching a queen documentary before and apparently Rodger Meadows Taylor was inspired to write the song because he heard his son saying "radio ca-ca" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

My 5 year old informed us he was going to be an elf when he grows up & work in the toy shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Funny, you know I was watching a queen documentary before and apparently Rodger Meadows Taylor was inspired to write the song because he heard his son saying "radio ca-ca" :)

You left out the important bit - that his wife was a furriner, so ca-ca means;

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/caca

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

My 6 yr old came to me recently and said "mammy I don't want to get married when I grow up. I just want to stay in this family forever". Really adorable moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My almost three year old gave me a hug the other day while saying:

"I cuggle [cuddle] mamma cause I love her"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

My two year old saw that I had writing on the back of my hand and thought I'd hurt myself, he got very concerned, then kissed it and said 'now, all better'.

xalot wrote: »
    My two year old saw that I had writing on the back of my hand and thought I'd hurt myself, he got very concerned, then kissed it and said 'now, all better'.

Awh children are so sympathetic.

When I was having my first scan for my now 4 month old, my then two and a half year old came with me.

So I got up on the table and the doctor started doing the scan and my child looked shocked and seemed to have a realisation and said "your a broken toy"

She'd been watching a bit too much Doc McStuffin at the time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

My head might just explode with the cuteness of this!

It's a side-by-side comparison of my son with my dad's dad (he died long before I was born) at the same age.

They are identical! And adorable. Lookit the little dress!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Awh children are so sympathetic.

When I was having my first scan for my now 4 month old, my then two and a half year old came with me.

So I got up on the table and the doctor started doing the scan and my child looked shocked and seemed to have a realisation and said "your a broken toy"

She'd been watching a bit too much Doc McStuffin at the time :)

My two year old loves singing the "I feel better" song.. So adorable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 5 year old daughter was chatting with my 8year old son. They were discussing computer games that they use in iPads in school. He was talking About spelling games and she said to him
    'There's an app for that you know'

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭pinc

["QUOTE=Diamond Doll";97916891]My head might just explode with the cuteness of this!

It's a side-by-side comparison of my son with my dad's dad (he died long before I was born) at the same age.

They are identical! And adorable. Lookit the little dress!!![/QUOTE]

That is uncanny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Repeating 'cah' after us while we were pointing at the cat <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Laughing and squealing when we were playing peekaboo - it used to be really difficult to get her to laugh but it anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

Dolbert wrote: »
    Repeating 'cah' after us while we were pointing at the cat <3

ah lovely my nephew does this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Was getting the three year old to help me tidy up Lego earlier. She wasn't being very helpful, so I asked her to come on. Her reply was "I can't, Mammy, I'm doing my list." When I looked up, I realised she was holding this pretend clip board she has and with an imaginary pen was ticking it, saying 'Lego' every time I threw a piece in the box!

Work shy wee madam that one! Probably heading for a career in management though...

My 4 1/2 year old son everytime he sees a motorbike he roars "pull a wheelie".

I have a blanket on the couch that I usually wrap myself up in at night if I'm watching tv. After my daughter was born ten weeks ago, I'd feed her on the couch and she'd sleep on me for hours with this blanket around us. For the last few days I've been trying to get her into more of a routine so we're not just glued to the couch constantly. She would not fall asleep at all, even though she was absolutely exhausted, until I finally covered her with my blanket.

She clung on to it with both of her tiny fists, pulled it up to her face and smiled before falling asleep right away. It was one of those moments where my heart felt like it was going to burst with love for her. She's right beside me now, snoring. I guess it's not my blanket anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Novella wrote: »
    I have a blanket on the couch that I usually wrap myself up in at night if I'm watching tv. After my daughter was born ten weeks ago, I'd feed her on the couch and she'd sleep on me for hours with this blanket around us. For the last few days I've been trying to get her into more of a routine so we're not just glued to the couch constantly. She would not fall asleep at all, even though she was absolutely exhausted, until I finally covered her with my blanket.

She clung on to it with both of her tiny fists, pulled it up to her face and smiled before falling asleep right away. It was one of those moments where my heart felt like it was going to burst with love for her. She's right beside me now, snoring. I guess it's not my blanket anymore!

I have a blanket like this but it's on my bed. She I still manage to retain ownership, if either of the boys get sick it automatically becomes theirs. It's a real comfort thing. So lovely to see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement