Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I said no to something one day, I can't remember what, I got "I don't love you mommy" If he shot me with a gun it would have hurt less. I stuck to my guns and kept saying no but said "Doesn't matter if you love me or not, I love you". Later at home he drew a "picture" (scribbled lines) and apologised and said the picture said "I love you". Still have it a year later.

I was talking to Aidan about something (can't remember the first half of the conversation)

I said "And when you're older, you'll have lots of friends."

Aidan "You mean minions Mommy."

My son is planning some serious stuff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I said no to something one day, I can't remember what, I got "I don't love you mommy" If he shot me with a gun it would have hurt less. I stuck to my guns and kept saying no but said "Doesn't matter if you love me or not, I love you". Later at home he drew a "picture" (scribbled lines) and apologised and said the picture said "I love you". Still have it a year later.

oh i got that the other day :( all because she wanted a chocolate bar for breakfast, i said no and this conversation followed:

her in mid tantrum: "i'm not your friend anymore" *pouty*
    me: "thats ok i am still your mom"
    her (slightly confused but still angry and protesting): "i don't love you anymore"
    me:"thats ok i still love you"

20 minutes after the tantrum subsided she came up to me and said all matter of fact "mom lets be friends again, and if i give you 10 kisses it means i love you again"

half the time i don't know if she's playing me or if i am parenting her but she makes me smile and i love her so much.

I sometimes think it is the most hurtful thing he can think of and he says it. When I was pregnant with no2 his nana (not always my bff) said I wouldn't love him anymore and it gutted him, he was really upset (she is a glorified bítch half of the time) so I think he thinks it will hurt me as much as it hurted him. He knows I love him, even as I give out to him for being bold I always say "I love you, but I am fit to kill you!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I sometimes think it is the most hurtful thing he can think of and he says it. When I was pregnant with no2 his nana (not always my bff) said I wouldn't love him anymore and it gutted him, he was really upset (she is a glorified bítch half of the time) so I think he thinks it will hurt me as much as it hurted him. He knows I love him, even as I give out to him for being bold I always say "I love you, but I am fit to kill you!"
    WTF? :eek:

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    WTF? :eek:

Boards.ie is riddled in posts about her. She didn't want us having another child, she was pretty much deemed useless by her parents, refusing to help on the farm and everything, so growing up her siblings got more praise as they helped more. She thinks it is because she was oldest, it was because she just would be useless on the farm. She thinks we would do the same to our child so she wanted to pit him against his unborn sibling. Didn't work though, he was told to ignore her and that we did love him, and so did his sister, that's why she got him pressies, so he was happy, and apart from the crying, he loves her to bits. But I think her telling him we didn't love him if we were having another hurt him so he thought it would hurt me.

And as is usual to the MIL, as soon as the little miss arrived she adores her! :rolleyes: She'd try and start a fight with her reflection if she could!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Boards.ie is riddled in posts about her. She didn't want us having another child, she was pretty much deemed useless by her parents, refusing to help on the farm and everything, so growing up her siblings got more praise as they helped more. She thinks it is because she was oldest, it was because she just would be useless on the farm. She thinks we would do the same to our child so she wanted to pit him against his unborn sibling. Didn't work though, he was told to ignore her and that we did love him, and so did his sister, that's why she got him pressies, so he was happy, and apart from the crying, he loves her to bits. But I think her telling him we didn't love him if we were having another hurt him so he thought it would hurt me.

And as is usual to the MIL, as soon as the little miss arrived she adores her! :rolleyes: She'd try and start a fight with her reflection if she could!!!!
    There is no way in hell she would be near my kids.That poor child hearing that.That was the perfect time to cut her off

dubstarr wrote: »
    There is no way in hell she would be near my kids.That poor child hearing that.That was the perfect time to cut her off

Would have if I was allowed, trust me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Was in a shop recently with my 17.5 month old and while heading to walk out the door something caught her eye and she grabbed a guys bum. He must of been early 20s and he turned around and looked me straight in the face . I then said "A come on, im so sorry" he looked down and realised she grabbed his bum not me while a shop assistant nearly fell over laughing.
    I walked out of the shop and laughed ny head off along with my friend when i told her.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Suucee - every time I see your nick it reminds me of my 2 year old when she was younger and out of nowhere started calling her soother suu see which we started calling susie:) now the baby has his suuuseee;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My two were in the back of the car just about to set of to training tonight, when my 5 year old said "Mammy there was no 7up in the fridge" then pointing the finger at me said "Mammy, you are fired".:eek::eek:

"I only did that when I was two. I am three now daddy. That was so yesterday".

Where do they GET this stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

Max wanted to come to work with me today. The only person in the world who would willingly come to work with me for 8.5 hrs. I love him so much x

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

junior came home with his English test and the one question he got wrong was

A ______ of cows

His answer "family" :)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Found her standing on her tricycle earlier, licking the wall and shouting 'yuck!'

Sometimes I wonder about her... :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Took his first steps. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Not really my child but made me giggle. My 4 month old has a fine head of hair and about 2/3 weeks ago I had to trim his hair. We put the hair in a freezer bag to save with everything else (like his hospital bracelets and cord)

Today I was using a lemon for salad dressing so zested the lemon and saved the zest in a freezer bag to make lemon curd in the future. Yep, hubby had "tidied"the bag away and put it back in the kitchen drawer. I ended up with a bag with mixed hair and lemon zest. I had to throw it in the bin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My toddler is on a 'what is that made from' kick. Bread is made from flour, sausages are made from meat etc.

This morning she told me the moon is made from nighttime, and the sun is made from morning. Cute.

I told her the moon was made from rock, and she laughed at me. "Rocks can't stay up in the sky mammy!" Haw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Was waiting in the car outside the music school for my seven year old to finish his second piano lesson. The teacher came out and said to me "Can you come in a minute, you have to hear this".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Not my kid but I was driving my friend's daughter, 4 home at the weekend - was giving the parents' a break. I know I am lovely - when a bird hit the car. She asked what happened and I told her. She then shouted "Angry Birds" and grunted like one of those pigs. Nearly passed out laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

He informed me that they were talking in school today about "The Statue of Celebrity". Led on to good discussion about irony!

My 13 wweek old giggled for the first time yesterday, too damn cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I picked up my 4 year old fella at lunch time yesterday from creche. He is normally there full time, 5 days a week so he was delighted with himself - especially because he's at home today and Monday too.
    Him - "Ha ha, all the others have to listen a lot and I only have to listen a tiny bit now"
    Me - "what do you mean?"
    Him - "the all have to do what the teacher tells them in creche"
    Me - "and do you not have to do what mummy and daddy tell you at home?"
    Him - "Nope"!

Seriously, what hope do I have in 10 years time?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gingganggooley

I taught my 22 month old grand-daughter how to play hide and seek for the first time yesterday.

I called out ' come out, come out wherever you are'.

She responded in a helpful tone ' me hiiidinn'. Delighted with herself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My little fella (20 months) is obsessed with the telephone, he things all the remote controls are phones (we give him old remotes that don't work so he doesn't take the real phone and phone 999 or something!). He asks for the "elaphone" and when you give him it he puts it up to his ear and says "HELLLLLO" and often will babble something about "maman" and give me the phone and I HAVE to talk too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭emmabrighton

My little one (13months) was being minded by a neighbour who has 5 kids of her own while his daddy did a few odd jobs. I arrived back from work before they got home. When they finally came home at 7.15 the eyes were dropping out of my sons head he was so tired. But the moment he saw me, he became really animated and started babbling and shouting away for about an hour. No doubt he was telling me about all the fun he had for every second of the previous 3 hours.

It was so cute, he was so excited. I was fit to burst with happiness...

My little fella (20 months) is obsessed with the telephone, he things all the remote controls are phones (we give him old remotes that don't work so he doesn't take the real phone and phone 999 or something!). He asks for the "elaphone" and when you give him it he puts it up to his ear and says "HELLLLLO" and often will babble something about "maman" and give me the phone and I HAVE to talk too! :)

Saw this a few times.

if-a-toddler-hands-you-their-toy-phone-you-answer-it.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

:DMy son yesterday said to oh that i was drinking cans all day.Hes 5.Wouldnt mind yesterday was one of them days where i really could have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

12 week old laughed in her sleep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My father in law appeared in a TV programme over a year ago and the programme was stored in our Sky+ planner until today.

My 7 year old: "Mam, I hope you don't mind I had to delete Grandad as I needed to record Scooby Doo's halloween movie".

Her Grandad wouldn't be too impressed if he found out that he had been deleted in favour of a Scooby Doo movie but I thought it was funny how ruthless she could be :D:D:D

Advertisement