Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 edison

Was at baby massage with my 12 week old, was stroking his armpit and he started to giggle :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I don't know whether to laugh or cry - my 2.5 boy and 1.5 girl just smeared bum cream all over themselves and the playroom, and the leather couch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry - my 2.5 boy and 1.5 girl just smeared bum cream all over themselves and the playroom, and the leather couch

Baby wipes are your friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Little one wasn't eating her dinner and my dad said "c'mon there's starving kids in Africa that would love to eat that" and she said "i knoooowww, that's WHY I'm not eating it, I'm being nice to them"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Baby wipes are your friend.

Not on their wooly jumpers they're not

• Advertisement

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Not on their wooly jumpers they're not

I meant on the couch, but oh dear on the wooly jumpers front. You don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Having breakfast yesterday morning with Mr Pwurple and our 2 1/2 year old. She was finished before us, so she went off colouring in the next room while we finished our cups of tea and had a chat.

2 mins later she is back out with hands on hips. "Mammy, Daddy, will you PLEASE be more quiet, I am very busy drawing".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My nearly 4 year old is 4 in December.And he found the Christmas cake the other day,he took it out of the cupboard and brought it to.He wasnt too happy and i asked him what was wrong.He said it was the wrong cake ,he asked for Spiderman birthday cake.I just laughed and told it wasnt his cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

Nearly three year old daughter last night insisted that she wanted a sip from my glass of wine. I gave her a tiny sip, and she cringed with taste in her mouth but then says "NICE". And then she shouts in a very accusatory tone "Daddy, you gave me alcohol!! tut tut tut".

Cheeky little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was grocery shopping this evening with my seven year old daughter.

She placed a travel mug packed with gourmet jelly beans in my basket.......

Her: This would be a lovely present for Ryan.
    Me: Ryan, at school?
    Her: No silly, Ryan on the Late Late Toy Show, he loves jelly beans so I'm sending him some for Christmas.

• Advertisement

On Friday were going down the country for my daughter's Christening. My 4yo.

Him It's Christmas tomorrow.

Me No, S's Christening tomorrow. Christmas is 12 sleeps away.

Him Ah, you're killing me.

Everyone in the Luas near us was in stitches. I always say "it won't kill you" if I want him to do something he doesn't want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My 10 month old drank from a real cup - no lid, no teet and barely any spillage! I was very proud, but bottles are way easier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Was out having coffee with a friend, had A standing on my lap, she grabbed my face to give me a kiss. I nearly melted!

Then this evening, my dad was throwing a teddy in the air to entertain her, he let it drop and she started giggling <3

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

He was trying to pronounce snow while looking out the window totally mesmerised as it fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

My nearly 2 years old son managed to open the tin of chocolate biscuits, n he took a bite of each one n put them all back and put the tin back in the drawer. So when I opened it last night me n my husband burst to laugh for like 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Xidu wrote: »
    My nearly 2 years old son managed to open the tin of chocolate biscuits, n he took a bite of each one n put them all back and put the tin back in the drawer. So when I opened it last night me n my husband burst to laugh for like 10 minutes.

Hilarious. Could see mine do it.
    My nearly 3yr old is loving Christmas so he is running around saying 'I like Santa Santa do happy'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

asked my 3 yr old if he xwanted to go see Santa's reindeerin the park. never seen him so excited. went up to the Phoenix park and found them. the herd was only a few feet from us.
    of course one was injured so while I called Santa helpers a.k.a park rangers, he wanted to call fireman Sam:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

asked my 3 yr old if he xwanted to go see Santa's reindeerin the park. never seen him so excited. went up to the Phoenix park and found them. the herd was only a few feet from us.
    of course one was injured so while I called Santa helpers a.k.a park rangers, he wanted to call fireman Sam:)

That's a great idea - if my OH isn't too hungover tomorrow, and the weather's okay I might see if my niece and nephew want to go up and see santas reindeer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

nikpmup wrote: »
    That's a great idea - if my OH isn't too hungover tomorrow, and the weather's okay I might see if my niece and nephew want to go up and see santas reindeer :)
    we made it an adventure were he had to watch out for them in case they were hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My 4 year old just came up and hugged myself and my husband and said he was feeling happy because its the best Christmas ever....my heart melted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

My 23 month old daughter and i were making a game out of changing her nappy. she what breaking her heart laughing at what she was doing and she said Emmie funny. Every one in the room started to laugh at this. Later I realised she was trying to say Emmie is having fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

He opened the upstairs window to shout 'Mammy I love you' this morning when I was leaving for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

At Ross castle admiring the scenery with the family and my wife wandered on with eldest and youngest son, leaving myself and Son 2 - 4 years old to wander. Then absolutely oblivious to the many tourists around the place my son exclaimed, rather loudly! "Feck off Ducks!!" Hilarious, except for the glare herself gave me! The tourists thought it was gas! How can you reprimand while splitting yourseides laughling!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Not my child but my best friends child (she's almost 3yo) was in the pharmacy with us today and her mother told her to put some make up brushes back on the shelf where she found them or the shop lady will give out to her. So my friend picked up some make up brushes to buy for herself and straight away the daughter pipes up with, "Mammy, put them back or the lady will give out to you!"

They don't miss much do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Was in dunnes with my 20 mnth old today. She was out of stroller walking with me. Firstly she went over to a mannequin and started touching each toe on its foot mumbling (has very few words) but i knew it was "this little piggy" she was trying to do.

Then as we went further on she stopped at the stiletoes went "ooh" pulled a pair down sat on the ground and went to take her own shoes off. All i could do was laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭positron

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Not my child but my best friends child (she's almost 3yo) was in the pharmacy with us today and her mother told her to put some make up brushes back on the shelf where she found them or the shop lady will give out to her. So my friend picked up some make up brushes to buy for herself and straight away the daughter pipes up with, "Mammy, put them back or the lady will give out to you!"

They don't miss much do they?

Children are fascinating at that age I think. My own nearly three year old is constantly on the go.

Yesterday evening as I get home from work she goes "Daddy, you broke my heart!", and then pauses, and then goes, "Daddy, where is my heart?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

I was holding my little one, telling my Mam about something funny she'd just done. She clearly didn't appreciate me telling tales about her because I got " No, Mama!" and a finger on my lips to shut me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

This wasn't said today, when my kids were young, my brotherinlaw would entertain them by going around the floor on all fours with them riding on his back, they called it horsey horsey, one day when we had family and friends in the house my 4 y.o. said, I saw daddy playing horsey horsey with mammy and he had no underpants on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I have an abscess on my tooth and am awaiting a root canal at the moment..

My little guy (3) has been so helpful.. he sat with an ice pack to my face last night for an hour while rubbing my hand.. and this morning I found him whizzing around with his little toy Henry the Hoover to help me tidy up.. He never fails to make me smile even when I'm a bit down :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Christmas morning 4:45am our little man, almost 3, arrived holding his selection box from his stocking, 'mommy i got chocielat' then he proceeded to tell me which bars he was giving to which sibling. He was delighted he did not have to share it.

Advertisement