Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

My 2.5 year old son was walking around yesterday with a stuffed toy up his top telling us he has a baby in his tummy just like mammy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

She's holding on to the cot car because she thinks it's my finger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

He played his first note on the piano! My Dad wants to teach him to play when he is older. Today he sat on my Dad's knee and realised he needed to press down on a key to make noise. I got a lovely picture of it too.

He's only 5 months old but I see star musical talent in his future! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I don't have children yet (only 20) but my mum has been minding children since I was around 10 so I'm quite used to having small people running around ! :D We minded one family for over 9 years and one thing one of the boys used to was he had a list of people he was going to marry when he got older lol and my mum and I were one of the lucky ones at the top of that list!! However, when he was annoyed I sometimes got 'Rubbered off his list'' :P not to mention maybe going from no.1 to no.5 on his list on a daily basis!
    I've so many little moments I can think of that made me smile with them! My mum is minding three little girls at the moment 2 and a halfyr, 1yr, and 9 month old and it's just gas to watch them! I love when they learn how to say my name too! Whenever I'm heading out somewhere I always say ''Bye, love you!!'' and the older girl (2) always says ''Bye love you too [Precious Flower] which always makes my heart melt! :) So cute!
    I've no idea what kind of a mum I'll be when I'm older but I think being around children so much, especially as I'm the youngest in my family, has been an eye opening experience. I certainly do children aren't easy (especially babies) but they can be so funny and heart warming at times!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Went with my sister to pick her 4 yr old son up from Montessori. She asked him what did he do in school today. His reply was, I don't know mam, I'm not a remembering thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Brought the 3 and 1/2 year old to the local panto and his reactions were far funnier than what was on stage. It was the most entertaining 2 hours I've passed in a long long time, still grinning here thinking about it.

The safety announcements finished with "thank you" and the place going dark and hushed except for my wee man shouting out "you're welcome."

He later spotted a girl from his playschool and shouted (mid-panto): "there's my friend, there's MY FRIEND, there's AMY!!" Poor Amy (if that was even her name) had to turn around and smile sheepishly at him.

His timing for the responses was way off, so he was on "oh yes he is" when everyone else was doing "oh no he isn't." He loved "he's behind you" so much that he continued on saying it, long after anyone was behind anyone else.

He did a full-volume running commentary on the baddie: "he's a very bold boy, mammy" and informed the actor at one stage that he was too big for his chair.

Need cheering up? Bring a toddler to a panto!

I told her I loved her the other day and she smiled :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

i was bringing some children home for a birthday party last week and discussing the movie we were going to watch. after asking the two guests if they had television (ET school, very mixed) we got a yes and a no, my 7 yr old asks the little 5 yr old whose family choose to not have a tv if they had enough to money to buy one. mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

lynski wrote: »
    i was bringing some children home for a birthday party last week and discussing the movie we were going to watch. after asking the two guests if they had television (ET school, very mixed) we got a yes and a no, my 7 yr old asks the little 5 yr old whose family choose to not have a tv if they had enough to money to buy one. mortified.
    You do have to laugh at tehm,they do only ask what you do be thinking.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Our two 1/2 year old recently came out with "Look at her in the sput light, I love her purple hair, she can do anything . . . , I wish I had her life" :D

The last bit and the "sput light" had me belly laughing, and the we couldn't work out where she got it from, "I wish I had her life" it transpires is a line from a Barbie DVD 'the Princess and the Popstar' and sput light is just soo cute :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My seven year old daughter sang 'Walking in the Air' for me this evening, it was beautiful...... tears were shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

3yr old enthusiastically helping me unpack the grocery shopping asking 'where does this go' etc and we would tell him what press to put the stuff in.....

Next thing he takes out an air freshener and says ' Where does the poo spray go'!
    We nearly died laughing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

L can (sort of) sing his first song, Frere Jacque, it's so cute, he can get the tune but not the words, except "vous" and "ding dang dong" which he shouts out to show he knows those words! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I was sitting down with my 5 year old son, my engagement ring was sparkling, blues, reds greens etc. He picked up my hand and examining the ring asked but how do you switch it on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

He doesn't have many words yet but was 2 yesterday and we sang happy birthday so much he piped up 'happy'. V cute

Earlier on she put her face near mine, put her hand on my face and turned it so I could kiss her

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My 4 yr old son thinks the lyrics to Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" are "up all night to kill zombies" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

eviltwin wrote: »
    My 4 yr old son thinks the lyrics to Daft Punk's "Get Lucky" are "up all night to kill zombies" :)

I prefer his lyrics I have to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Put my almost 3 year old to bed, laid her down, patted her back, all the usual. My reward was giggles and fake snoring noises. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 3.5yr old daughter was cuddled up on couch beside me lately.
    'Itch my back' she said.
    I duly obliged.
    'Left a bit, now a little to the right' she said
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My just turned 2 year old was standing on her chair, I told her I was going to count to 3 and if she didn't sit down I would take her chair away. She smiled and said '1, 2, 3'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My friend's nephew was being bold so he was told he would have to stand in the corner until he said sorry. He turned around and said "I'm going to be standing here a long time" :D Imagine what a smart arse he'll be at 16!

She likes to fall asleep cuddled up to me in bed and tonight as we lay down she start moaning and whining so I took the soother out of her mouth and she gabbled for a minute or two and I gave her the soother back n she fell asleep! Just wanted to tell me that one last thing!

Then as she's falling asleep she keeps opening her eyes to make sure I'm still there ha

But mostly, after starting on medication for postnatal depression, I can notice how much my child loves me and that will make me smile forever

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

loubian wrote: »
    She likes to fall asleep cuddled up to me in bed and tonight as we lay down she start moaning and whining so I took the soother out of her mouth and she gabbled for a minute or two and I gave her the soother back n she fell asleep! Just wanted to tell me that one last thing!

Then as she's falling asleep she keeps opening her eyes to make sure I'm still there ha

But mostly, after starting on medication for postnatal depression, I can notice how much my child loves me and that will make me smile forever

Delighted you're feeling better loubian!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

On the school run this morning my 2 year old told the 4 year old "When I grow up I want to be you" <3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

fish are lucky, they get to have a bath everyday

Dad why do we not own a cuckoo clock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

My 7-year old started piano lessons last month.

Tonight, halfway up the stairs to bed, he says wait a minute, turns and goes back down. A minute later I hear the piano. Another minute later he is back on the stairs. "I had a tune in my head, now I know what it sounds like".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Was looking around the shops with my 19 month old daughter today.
    At the checkout of 1 shop the cashier was talking to my daughter. She has very very few words and quite clearly looked up at the cashier and said "i poo" .
    All i could do was laugh as did the cashier and then my daughter.
    Was delighted she said a new word. But the divil was telling fibs which i soon learned when i brought her to the changing area.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Lots of funny moments all week, mainly due to his Xmas show.
    But anyway, tomorrow I'm doing the walk for Peggy and Casper and after eating dinner in front of the tv tonight, my 4 year old munchkin put a blanket over me, said "mummy you have a race tomorrow so have a rest" and then brought our dishes to the sink!!
    I just smiled and felt proud that he is a lovely little person. :-D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Had my 3 year old with his head on my knee today watching tv and my week old in my arms. It was a great day :D

Advertisement