Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm pretty tired these days and have been getting migraines more frequently. This makes me very sensitive to sounds. My 3.5 year old was whining on at dinner time yesterday and I mimed hammering my fork into my head to his Dad to indicate the pain he was causing.

The small guy stopped talking for a second, thought about what he had just seen me do, then turned to his daddy. "Mama tried to kill herself, daddy."

I was torn as to whether I should warn him not to say that to his teacher in pre-school or not. I hope he doesn't. :eek:

That's the thing, if you say "say nothing" they are more likely to say it, but they are at risk of saying it if you say nothing too.

My hair is fairly short, but last November it got a little raggedy and like every other mom I put it on the long finger. Well one day I went into the newsagents and my then 3 year old pointed to a picture of One Direction and stated "mammy it's you" (the Harry fella) so that copped me on and I got the haircut. Yesterday, we were waiting outside his school and needless to say every second girl had One Direction bags/lunch boxes. My hair is nowhere near as raggedy as it was but needs a cut. Again I have been subjected to "Mammy it's you" only this time in front of 40 odd kids and adults. I was told by a little girl it was Louis he was pointing too. It appears I am going to end up looking like the whole band at this stage!!! :/

Aidan and I were talking away on the way to school this morning. We passed a housing estate where a girl he went to preschool with lives. "Sophie lives there mommy, we're old friends"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

While sitting colouring with my 16 month old this evening she took the crayon i was using out of my hand and said share.
    We hardly every need to say that as shes an only child but her aunt was minding her a few days during the week when i was working and apparently had to use it a bit as herself and her cousin werent great at sharing.
    I was shocked she said it and looked at my OH to make sure i wasnt imagining things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Brought my 2.5 year old to the playground. She stood near the bottom of the slide shouting 'ready, steady, go!' at the other children when they were at the top and then gave them a round of applause and a 'yay!' when they slid down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My seven week old baby slept seven hours last night. And was having a grand old conversation of oohs and aahs with herself this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

Whilst in the throws of a rousing rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" and building up to the crescendo, DS looks up at his father, gives him a withering look, takes his Mom by the hand, and in a dead pan manner that Jack Dee would be proud of, said "Come on, lets go..."

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sidcon

2 year old over in Grandmas house yesterday, and when he dropped his fork on the floor shouts " a feck sake ". Don't know where he got that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pikku

On bus on way into flightfest...

Son, sittting on my lap: I'm farting on the bus Mammy!(slightly muffled)
    Me: what? (to sniggers from surrounding passengers)
    Son: I'm FARTING on the bus Mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Speaking of Flightfest, I was there with a friend and her 10 year old son. Near the FM104 truck he dashed off in the crowd and completely disappeared in seconds. Cue 15 mins of frantic searching. Then we heard his name being called out over the PA system with instructions to pick him up at the PWC building.

It seems he wanted a better view of the airplanes and tried to sneak into the Convention Centre building & go up a few floors. He got turfed out by security, couldn't find his way back to us and ended up asking some random woman to help. Thankfully she brought him to a nearby Garda.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My 10 year old took it on the chin that i wont be allowing him get grand theft auto V despite all bar 3 of his classmates getting in and giving him stick about it.
    Thats about 90% of his class getting this game.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=251

He took it well and understands im doing this for his good, long may this continue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Dcully wrote: »
    My 10 year old took it on the chin that i wont be allowing him get grand theft auto V despite all bar 3 of his classmates getting in and giving him stick about it.
    Thats about 90% of his class getting this game.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=251

He took it well and understands im doing this for his good, long may this continue.

Cannot believe parents are giving that to ten year olds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I was rubbing my two year old's back and she says "Oh that's lovely Daddy". She's a ticket.

• Administrators Posts: 13,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

My sister has 2 kids, but is not married to their dad. My 7 year old told me the other day that his cousins are "unique". You see "2 people have to be married before they can breed" (!)

He told me "I don't really understand that, though... Because you don't get given some special powers at your wedding"!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

Just in the door from a club meeting with my son who is almost 12. During the meeting he was sitting beside a girl who I had not meet before. On the way home I commented on how mannerly and attractive the girl was. To which my son replied, 'Are you serious, she is the most annoying girl I have ever met, she is a mixture of vomit, fish guts and cows eyeballs.

I have to laugh, betcha he wont be thinking that about her this time next year.

• Administrators Posts: 13,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Betcha he doesn't think that now ;)

He "dost protest too much"!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

When my kids are whinging for something I sometimes say 'well I want a pony ' an effort to teach them 'want' does not equal 'get'

Just now my 3.5 yr old daughter was putting all her colors on the floor along with all her toys .

I said 'please don't I want to tidy up and wash floor '

She looked up and said 'and I want a pony'

Not sure if I should laugh or cry !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My 5 year old has just started primary school and was very excited that his new best friend was coming to his house, they were chatting away in the back of the car when my little fella said
    "I had to do a time out on the toilet, ah but sure twas ok cause I had to do a poo anyway"

For the record he has never gotton a time out on the toilet.

Cofy that post about toilet time out made me lol.
    A lot of men often use 'toilet time' for self imposed time outs so he's well ahead of himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

3.5 year old daughter said bye to grandad, and we were heading home. She said "I hope grandad is fine and not crying." she thinks if anybody has been left alone, he/she will cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

The other day, my 3.5yo daughter wanted to try on my ring, so I put it on her thumb, and she asked" am I married now?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

2.5 year old was looking at one of my brother's old batman comics this morning while my husband was shaving. She looks up at him and says, "Daddy, you look like Batman." He was totally chuffed! Aww.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

My nine year old cousin hadnt seen me for a few months, and she is an expert troll. This happened:

Her: Suaimhneach, come here.
    Me: No, if you want me you come to me.
    Her: It'll only take a minute...
    Me: No, you come to me.
    Her: Oh Please Suaimhneach, come over here!
    Me: (Knowing she was trying to troll me) I'm busy <cousin>, if you want to talk with someone you should go to them.

*five minutes later I happen to be sitting near her*

Me: What did you want earlier?
    Her: To give you my rubbish *falls around laughing*

Dont know if it's as funny written down but she thought she was a proper clown.

Waiting with Aidan at the school gates, the girl in front of him has a One Direction bag on.

A: "Mommy, look at those girls."

Me : "Those aren't girls, they are boys."

Aidan looks at the bag, then at me skeptically. "Are you sure?"

Me: "Honestly, no."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 17 year old son,put his 2 year old brothers trousers on his legs.He promptly fell over and mt 18 year old son had to pull them off him
    When i went up to see what the noise was he had them on his arms.It was really funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Waiting with Aidan at the school gates, the girl in front of him has a One Direction bag on.

A: "Mommy, look at those girls."

Me : "Those aren't girls, they are boys."

Aidan looks at the bag, then at me skeptically. "Are you sure?"

Me: "Honestly, no."
    my 6 yr old had the same reaction to Steve Tyler ' is that a man or a woman?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My LO is just starting to properly giggle. It's lovely! I was whooshing him up and down in the air yesterday and he was giggling away, then he suddenly vomited copiously and went back to laughing, probably at the look of horror on my face. Little terror but also my fault for moving him about that much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My two and a half year old came over to me earlier and said "You're not a very good Mommy", so I told her that wasn't a nice thing to say because I'm always nice to her, and she replies "No you're not a good mommy....you're a faaaabulous mommy" :)

Have an going battle with my 2 about treats. Drives me cracked the more they get they more they want. Whinging is an art form at this stage .

Any way my 3.5 yr old girl was fed up the other day and she said 'I'm going to live somewhere else!'
    Me : ' ok where are you going?'
    Her 'somewhere where they feed me what I want aaaallll the time '
    Me 'best of luck with that'

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

I hear ya, Lisha.

My two boys are always saying stuff like, 'you are so mean, Mum, you never let us to anything, whinge, whinge, etc etc'.

I always reply back, 'good, then I'm doing my job properly'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Oh Lisha, it's so gut wrenching to hear your little child saying that they are going to live some where else.

A month ago my little newly turned 5 year old was having his first ever birthday party, we live in a very remote area and he had just started primary school, so we invited all his new friends. Anyway his 9 year old sister decided to get a rise out of him by telling him a few nights before the party that he had slept through his party and he missed it, and that everyone had such a great time, and it was a pity he missed it.

The poor little fellow, with massive tears running down his face, said
    "I'm leaving this house, and I'm never coming back, I'll take the car, I can drive and you can open the gate for me".

I tried to tell him that he did not miss his party and how much we would all be devestated if he left.

A few days later he had a great party, he was just bursting with happiness when he was blowing out the candles on his cake in front of all his friends.

Advertisement