Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

She has the most perfect laugh <3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »
    My nearly one year old has taken to wandering around the house, stopping, throwing her hands in the air and roaring 'all gone' dramatically! I'd love to know who or what she's after losing :)

My lad isn't saying actual words yet, but he's taken to doing a really fake ha ha ha laugh, as well as a very dramatic aaaaaaahhhhhhh! Gas little man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

L's granny gave him a book called "My little book of Mozart", on each page you press a button and it plays a segment of a Mozart piece. He now hums Ronda del Turca and the alphabet song, and runs around shouting Mozart! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

L's granny gave him a book called "My little book of Mozart", on each page you press a button and it plays a segment of a Mozart piece. He now hums Ronda del Turca and the alphabet song, and runs around shouting Mozart! :)
    Mozart, very high brow, it beats some of the mickey mouse stuff I have to endure from my wee man after his mickeymouse club house dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

He did the biggest burp whilst hiccuping, and gave himself a fright. He's 9 days old, it's the little things still amusing me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

Fagashlil wrote: »
    He did the biggest burp whilst hiccuping, and gave himself a fright. He's 9 days old, it's the little things still amusing me

The little things will keep amusing you forever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was shopping this morning with my 8 year old daughter, when we got to the checkout there was a lengthy queue so Ruby started singing quietly to herself.

She was singing "I don't know what to do with myself" and a woman in her 60s said "I remember when that song was a hit and I'm surprised to hear a little one like you singing it.

Ruby:
    Aw, I love Dusty *Sprinkler she had some great songs. The lady was beaming from ear to ear and told Ruby she made her day :)

*Should be Dusty Springfield

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Baby Merkin LAUGHED for the first time this morning. We've been getting plenty of gurgles and coos and noises of amusement but I was playing with him on his baby gym this morning, singing a ridiculously silly song and he obviously thinks Mummy is funny because he gave a big hearty laugh. I repeated it and he did the same again :D What a glorious sound! Phoned Mr. Merkin at work to tell him, he said he's coming home at lunch as he wants to hear it. :) Nothing quite as adorable as a baby laugh, especially when it's your own, am thrilled!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Merkin wrote: »
    Baby Merkin LAUGHED for the first time this morning. We've been getting plenty of gurgles and coos and noises of amusement but I was playing with him on his baby gym this morning, singing a ridiculously silly song and he obviously thinks Mummy is funny because he gave a big hearty laugh. I repeated it and he did the same again :D What a glorious sound! Phoned Mr. Merkin at work to tell him, he said he's coming home at lunch as he wants to hear it. :) Nothing quite as adorable as a baby laugh, especially when it's your own, am thrilled!

Oh I remember that first belly laugh. I think I looked into seeing if I could make up a ringtone from it. Probably thinking it was cute at the time but I imagine that a disembodied baby laugh might sound creepy to people when out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Overheard my 2 and 4 year old performing "The Wheels on the Bus," both singing in unison and in tune that "the doors on the bus go open and shíte, open and shíte, open and shíte, the doors on the bus go open and shíte, all day long...."

I'm still laughing... 2 hours later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Im in tears laughing at that implausible!! Brilliant!!!

My 2 year old got hold of a wet wipe and tried to wipe me arse :o

My wife was in stiches

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I was sitting in a local cafe this morning. A father and son sat at the table next to me. The little boy was about four. He turned around and told me that his mother had a baby boy this morning and that he was now a big brother. We were chatting for a few minutes and then he said at the top of his voice "Mammy farted and the baby came out." If only child birth was so easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My daughter started school in September (they start here the year they turn 3 and my daughter will be 3 soon). The other day she told me all about the autumn; leaves falling from the trees, all the colours etc all in Spanish. I was so proud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

My 3 year old, 'I can see your hahboos'

Hahboos = boobs...anyone who watches in the night Garden might get the reference. ..made me burst out laughing but also :o:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

He slept! Is almost 3 and has asd so sleep is a luxury for him and us. It's amazing how much better you feel after a nights sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

My 5 year old informed me that he is"not setting the bloody table anymore"

My 3 year old, 'I can see your hahboos'

Hahboos = boobs...anyone who watches in the night Garden might get the reference. ..made me burst out laughing but also :o:o

My little man gets all excited when he sees the Hahoos! Guess he's going to be a boob man! :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Just looked at me, they melt my heart

nikpmup wrote: »
    My little man gets all excited when he sees the Hahoos! Guess he's going to be a boob man! :eek: :p

Haahaaa...that's my guy too. Im not exactly discreet around the house so I don't know why the fascination all of a sudden lol

• Advertisement

*just to clarify, I meant he gets excited when he sees the actual hahoos on the telly, not my knockers!!!

nikpmup wrote: »
    *just to clarify, I meant he gets excited when he sees the actual hahoos on the telly, not my knockers!!!

Haahaa! Yeah thats what I meant too :o
    *runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭chellyry

My boy told daddy that mammy is a better driver than him. Made my day to see the look on daddy's face :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I asked my four year old to go upstairs and get ready for bed.

He stomped out and shouted, "You're treating me like an ANIMAL!"

He is going to be a fun teenager in ten years' time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 3 year old was running up the road wityh his brothers when his trousers fell.All the way to his ankles.I couldnt do anything but laugh and the poor postman was laughing as well.It was so funny.I knew they were a bit big but not that big on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

My little man nearly 20 months is hilarious, he has very little words but understands everything, He is such a little oul fella at times, he was up about 7.30 this morning brought my mam into the kitchen told her he wanted tea (points at kettle and says tea tea phleeease) then back out and up on to the couch with the legs crossed waiting on his tea :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tiny face at my bedside in the middle of the night:

"I had a nightmare about a living duck."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

She has only recently started dressing herself in the mornings... realised last night, as I was helping with the jammies, that she had put on 6 pairs of clean undies on top of eachother yesterday morning. Her reason? "I love my ballet dancer knickers, I want to wear them all the time."

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Slept :) after a few horrific days he's finally settled!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

We went to the Zoo last weekend, and now everything is ROAAAR!! :D She LOVED the tigers and lions. She also sleep-ROAARs sometimes, which is hilarious.

Advertisement