Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

My guy, almost three, hasn't seen that many movies but now that he's in Montessori they watch one on a Friday afternoon. We were at my parents over Christmas and I went to put on Tangled and was met with a big sigh and 'not another Princess movie mom'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

My guy, almost three, hasn't seen that many movies but now that he's in Montessori they watch one on a Friday afternoon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Montessori is spinning in her grave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

RainyDay wrote: »

I'm happy enough with the very comprehensive Montessori report he got at Christmas (needs more practice at octagons). They do a movie from 4.30 onwards on Friday as they combine the rooms because a lot of kids go home early and they are all pretty tired by then anyway. There isn't a TV in his classroom.

The most infamous one he has come out with so far was last Easter when he would have been 25 months. I was sitting at the kitchen table with my sister and he said 'mom, you have boobs, auntie A has no boobs'!. Thank got it was my sister and not a stranger :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I was walking up the stairs in the dark with my 9week old baby. When we got to the top I sswitched on the lights and she looked at me and gave me a huge smile and let out a really loud squeal. .made me feel so loved :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Heard a few screams there from junior. Went in and gave him a little cuddle, asked him was he ok and put iggle piggle beside him. Was walking out the door when he said no, in a sleepy voice, sat up and starts waving at me, saying night night. They can be so funny at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 2 1/2 year old never lets his da eat in peace.When he comes in from work he sits down,next thig the 2 1/2 is beside him.He gets himself a fork and eats his das dinner.
    If he doesnt do that he sits there with his tongue hanging out panting like a dog.I dont know where i got him from.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

My husband was on holidays for 2 weeks over Christmas and we had a lovely break, he went back to work this morning. I decided to give the house a good clean and my 4 year old said "The kitchen smells lovely mum, is that because Dad isn't here"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Went in to get our 2 1/2 year old up for the day. Opened the curtains and told her it was wet, raining and horrible outside today. She says... "That's ok mammy, our house has a roof. We won't get wet".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I love the noises she makes when she's half mewing after being disturbed from sleep. You just want to pick her up and cuddle her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

My 19 months old said "whit woo mama"" to me today when I was brushing my hair always makes me smile :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

The awkward moment when your 3 1/2 year old son comes out of a public toilet with his trousers around his ankles (underpants pulled up thankfully!) and yells "It's your turn now" to the woman waiting outside. Very difficult not to roar laughing at him before we left.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Always promised myself I'd give an answer to any question my kids would ask! angerous. My eldest, about 7 years old art the time asked me one day, in the car: "Why did they kill Jesus?" I was genuinely stumped! My religion teacher would not have been happy with me! After a lot of humming and hawing i answered: "Because he turned to the DARK SIDE!!" Thankfully he's a huge Star Wars fan and he seemed happy with that! lol! This year hes doing his communion! God help us!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭shelly22

Me: I think I'll do uncle bens rice with dinner tonight. My daughter, oh i didn't know I had an uncle Ben. It was very funny the way she said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AidanadiA

my daughter is about 5 inches taller than me (I'm 5 foot)...

Me: stretching, reaching, jumping, for the coffee that is on the top shelf (not meant to be on that shelf).
    Daughter: "Aw, need a stool? or a ladder? Dont hurt yourself I'll get it." She just plucks it from the shelf, laughs to herself mutters something to do with "hobbits" and then proceeds to make me my morning coffee!

Yes im 5 foot 4 and my .son is 6ft 4,he takes great delight in holding things up in the air so i cant reach.Or stands beside and rubs my hair.Fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Today my 3 year old says "mummy, how did you and daddy make me"! I thought if have at least 5 or 6 years before I heard her ask that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

sillysocks wrote: »
    Today my 3 year old says "mummy, how did you and daddy make me"! I thought if have at least 5 or 6 years before I heard her ask that!

The urge to make up some ridiculous story would be so strong with me on that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

When my sister was having her son, all her daughter (then 5 yrs old) wanted to know was how was the baby going to come out - not how it got in!! "The doctors know how to do it!" was the bog standard response!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

nikpmup wrote: »
    When my sister was having her son, all her daughter (then 5 yrs old) wanted to know was how was the baby going to come out - not how it got in!! "The doctors know how to do it!" was the bog standard response!

I am lucky, my son asked that last summer, but as I had a c-scar from him, it was easy to explain. Thankfully how mommys have babies hasn't come up yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'd find that the easier question to answer, it's just biology! :) It's the other question that I'd find more delicate! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I'm convinced my two week old is attempting to do proper smiles in the last day or two. It's when he's not windy and we're just hanging out and having the chats together. He'll be looking at my face, loads of eye contact ... and then he'll break out this heartwarming grin. Completely different to his windy smiles. And then he really reacts when I praise him for it.

I don't care if it's too young for it to be a real smile, I know it is one. My gorgeous little heartbreaker. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Must b a girl thing, my daughter was the same. My son was just happy to know it would happen.
    Last Sunday dinner My nearly three yr old was slow with his dinner so I said go on look at daddy's plate he ate all his. My little man in all seriousness looked at me and said mommy daddy need more food. Cheeky monkey,

My son who is 4 asked me when im getting a girl dog so the boy dog can have a girlfriend.I said what about another boy dog and he said no he needs a girl dog.We cant have 2 boy dogs according to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My 21 mnth old had grommets inserted wens. She has very few words.
    Yesterday in aldi i was picking up some baby stuff (currently 33 weeks pregnant) when i was telling her they were for her baby brother. She looked up at me and said baby brother. It wasnt perfect but it was clearly baby brother. I got so excited i turned around to a complete stranger beside me said "did you hear that?" Poor woman just nodded and smiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 25 month old counted to 10 in Spanish while climbing the stairs. It was too cute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

I was delighted with myself making my 'Operation Transformation' sundried tomato dinner for ds2, he was a little dubious at first but tucked in. All was well until daddy came home & asked what he had for dinner, ds doesn't have many words, but clear as a bell says.....'DIRT'.....expensive dirt those sundried tomatoes.....chicken & pasta for him 2mw!!!,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Suucee wrote: »
    My 21 mnth old had grommets inserted wens. She has very few words.
    Yesterday in aldi i was picking up some baby stuff (currently 33 weeks pregnant) when i was telling her they were for her baby brother. She looked up at me and said baby brother. It wasnt perfect but it was clearly baby brother. I got so excited i turned around to a complete stranger beside me said "did you hear that?" Poor woman just nodded and smiled.

Awww that's SO lovely! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

My eldest (4yo) was watching me struggling to light a fire the other day, managed to get it lit, and he looks up at me sighs and totally dead pan says "That was some crazy shít"!!!

I had to fight back the laughter as I disciplined him for using the s-word but his delivery couldn't have been more spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

stephen_k wrote: »
    My eldest (4yo) was watching me struggling to light a fire the other day, managed to get it lit, and he looks up at me sighs and totally dead pan says "That was some crazy shít"!!!

I had to fight back the laughter as I disciplined him for using the s-word but his delivery couldn't have been more spot on!

Haha brilliant. They really are hillarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

"The teacher didn't know the projector was on in the class, and she was Googling for 'posh hen parties', Dad"

Advertisement