Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

stephen_k wrote: »
    My eldest (4yo) was watching me struggling to light a fire the other day, managed to get it lit, and he looks up at me sighs and totally dead pan says "That was some crazy shít"!!!

I had to fight back the laughter as I disciplined him for using the s-word but his delivery couldn't have been more spot on!

Four year old nephew told my sister yesterday "Mam, your toes are crap" without looking up from what he was doing

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Our six year old was talking about how he would be the best big brother if we gave him a little brother or sister. " I would be the best brother ever! I'd kiss it very gently and make it laugh when it is sad" We told him we would think about it.

Im 15 weeks pregnant and we are dying to tell him that he actually will be a big brother soon :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

We were out in the stormy weather this evening. I told the small fella "We'll get home, turn on the heating and be happy out"

My 4yo. "You mean happy in mammy. We're out now, and it's not happy."

He wasn't wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Little man is four months old today and laughed for the first time this evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

L (nearly 2) told me a big long story (which I could only understand a bit of) about what happened in crèche yesterday. I know he had some interaction with his favourite girl Lily, and someone got a bobo (hurt themselves) and got a kiss, not sure if it was him or her.
    It made me smile because it's the first time he's really been able to tell me anything about crèche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

As I was getting ready to go to work, 3 year old comes over:

Her: Daddy I want to give you some money.
    Me: YOU want to give ME some money???
    Her: Yes, you are going out. So I want to give you some money. :D But I don't have any. Mammy, can I get some money?
    Wife gives her some coins.
    Her: Here Daddy, you can have this money (and hands me one coin, and keeps the rest for herself, well pleased with her new tactic for getting money).

Such a schemer.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The baby woke at half six and I was tiptoeing in to him, trying not to wake the 4 year old. Then I hear him from his bed. "Hark! Who goes there?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

"Dad, Eimear's iPod is the same as mine, except she has more gigglebits in hers".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

ladypip wrote: »
    Our six year old was talking about how he would be the best big brother if we gave him a little brother or sister. " I would be the best brother ever! I'd kiss it very gently and make it laugh when it is sad" We told him we would think about it.

Im 15 weeks pregnant and we are dying to tell him that he actually will be a big brother soon :).

Ah thats lovely:D
    Bet he be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thanks Dubstarr

He will be thrilled its hard to keep a lid on it but we are going to wait for another little while yet..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My 3 y/o boy asked me for a biscuit earlier and I said "what's the magic word?"

His reply was.. Meeeska Moooska Mickey Bickey

I was in knots!! He got the biscuit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The baby woke at half six and I was tiptoeing in to him, trying not to wake the 4 year old. Then I hear him from his bed. "Hark! Who goes there?"

I love him!!! :D

• Administrators Posts: 13,860 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Das Kitty wrote: »

I read so many of these posts, and they always make me smile.... This one actually made me "laugh out loud"!!

My 4 year old got up this morning and he was cold.So i was giving him my dressing gown and he looks at me.Im not wearing that its PINK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

dubstarr wrote: »
    My 4 year old got up this morning and he was cold.So i was giving him my dressing gown and he looks at me.Im not wearing that its PINK.

We have a line - colours are for everyone - but my 7 yr old balks at pink anything. Funny it was his fav colour as a toddler.
    Working hard on it though as little miss is a lover of tmnt/x-men/ marvel etc as well as loving mlp.
    A conversation here the other day went 'ok hon give your brother back your princess figure he was happy playing with, and you go back to Donatello and batman, please'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Day 8 post grommets insertion and she has new words every day. The latest today was " I sssssstink" while I was changing her dirty nappy.

lynski wrote: »
    We have a line - colours are for everyone - but my 7 yr old balks at pink anything. Funny it was his fav colour as a toddler.
    Working hard on it though as little miss is a lover of tmnt/x-men/ marvel etc as well as loving mlp.
    A conversation here the other day went 'ok hon give your brother back your princess figure he was happy playing with, and you go back to Donatello and batman, please'.
    We dont say pink is for girls in this house.Hes 4 and knows his own mind.He doesnt have any sisters ,he has 4 brothers so unfortunetly he cant play with princess figure.He does play with the kitchen and saucepans in playschool.

And i thought the thread was what your child did to make you smile.And that made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My boyfriend is "flying" the baby around the house, humming the Superman music. :D

for some reason reminds me of the littlest one who was not speaking very many words around two but when i picked up an r2d2 figure one day said 'dat dun dun de dun'

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Heard a great one today. Had to grab a toilet break while working earlier, in my parents garage. My young lad heard the door open, but he knew I left without calling in to see him. He ran into the sitting room, and picked up his little plastic chair. Brought it into the kitchen and set it down, hopped up on it and reached out to the basket that held all the keys. He somehow figured out the key for the front door. Alas, this is where his plan fails. He got down off the chair, opened the door to the hall and went to the front door. He's only 2, so couldn't reach the key hole or the door handle. If he grabbed the chair again, he was out.

I'm wearing a v-necked dress, and I was putting on L's shoes this morning before dropping him to the creche. He looked up, pointed at my chest, laughed and said "BOOBIES"!
    He must have heard it from his dad, because it's not a word used over here for breasts! Made me laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

That reminds me. James was playing his Tangled reading game on his leap pad yesterday, sounding out the words and spelling them. In the midst of all the learning sounds I hear, "Ha! Rapunzel has boobs. Awesome."

His father's son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hah, speaking of fathers...

They have one of those soft play areas with little cars that the kids can drive with their feet near us. I brought my smallie there, she will be 3 in a couple of months. She was 'driving' along and another girl was in front of her in another car. She shouts "BEEEEP, out of the way!" out the window at her. Gives it a minute, other girl is not moving. Gets out of her car, walks over, leans in the window and shouts "Get off the road!!"

Morto but laughing on the inside. I had to go tell her that was rude etc, but that is EXACTLY the stuff my husband says when he is driving.

pwurple wrote: »

They have one of those soft play areas with little cars that the kids can drive with their feet near us. I brought my smallie there, she will be 3 in a couple of months. She was 'driving' along and another girl was in front of her in another car. She shouts "BEEEEP, out of the way!" out the window at her. Gives it a minute, other girl is not moving. Gets out of her car, walks over, leans in the window and shouts "Get off the road!!"

Morto but laughing on the inside. I had to go tell her that was rude etc, but that is EXACTLY the stuff my husband says when he is driving.

Ha ha this will be something my daughter will probably do. Im just home from town . Between people not indicating, blocking roundabouts and 1 reversing out in front on me to the extent i had to slam on the breaks and shout f**k sake. Im not 1 to curse normally but this all happened in a few mins and LO sitting in the back starts trying it "sssake" thankfully it wasnt the F word she tried.

pwurple wrote: »

This reminds me of when my little brother was about two, he spoke very little (granny wanted him to go to the speech therapist). My dad is a bit aggressive when he drives. Anyway, mum was learning to drive, she's a very relaxed driver, and brother was in the car when we ended up behind a tractor. All of a sudden out of nowhere "Move your ****ing tractor!". We knew EXACTLY who he got it from!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,073 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Every man who looks in here has nodded and smiled at the Boobies references.

LO is cracking us up with all the new words since the grommets. OH was home for lunch and i said to LO "ask daddy to change your bum. LO looked at me and said "you should do it" . Myself and OH couldnt stop laughing. We are always saying that to each othet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I get the boobie thing too, only he informs everyone I feed his sister with them, "like a cow, Mommy is a cow" charming.

I told him we had to book his sister's immunisations in the doctors, and what does he say "That's insane!" Who teaches him these things!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Oh God, had the whole child locking himself into the bathroom incidernt a few days ago!! Youngest lad - 2 1/5 yrs old decides to play in the main bathroom and proceeds to turn the, locking himself in. Of course he found it hilarious. My wife did too and while I went into overdrive looking for a screwdriver to take the handle etc off - overaction, much?, herself tells me to talk him into unlocking the door. I'm there explaining he's only 2 1/2 but she persists! Anyway after the promise of sweets he caklmly opens the door, walks out and smiles!

Learnt a lesson in child psychology there............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

The wee girl is 21 months and not saying much. The day after I told the PHN at her developmental check that she isn't putting two words together, she responds to a reasonable request to come down off the couch with "no, Mammy" - clear as day :rolleyes:

The little minx has picked up a load of new words this week, after confirming to the PHN that she doesn't have twenty words. She's booked in for a hearing test. By the time she gets to it, she'll probably be telling them what to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Oh wow, nicely handled there. My own 2.5 year old girl locked herself in the bathroom (half naked, bath running) and as soon as she realised she can't unlock it, she started to panic, screaming to be let out etc. I asked her to move back as I plan to force the door open, and I asked to confirm where she was and as expected she was sitting in the corner where the door would open into. I asked her to move to the other corner, she did, three kicks, bits go flying and the door gives away. Everyone relieved, and she goes around telling everyone how daddy rescued her! Lesson learned to move all keys out of reach.

Advertisement