Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF: Werewolf Wrestling Federation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

1. heel turn: a goodie has turned bad
    2. WWF bought WCW: big bad wolf just bought the guys who performed the first wolf munch. does this mean 1 super wolf team?
    3. brian pillman (good) got a gun
    4. mick foley (good) is Dude Love! There may now be lovers among our village and the Dude abides.
    5. scott hall (good) has become razor ramone and now knows his role in life.

6. undertaker (priest) has lost his powers for 1 day
    7. SCSA (vig) has lost his powers for 1 day
    8. ultimate warrior (BG) has lost his powers for 1 day
    9. paul heyman (seer (good/evil - not sure) has lost his powers for 1 day

think thats sums everything up

does #6 tie in with what angus said?

would the charlatan also fit in with #1?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Necro wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=8569644

The Social Distancer has been used - A Player has been knocked prone and will lose their lynch vote!

tenor.gif?itemid=11895457

Ewan is currently doing his Kofi Kingston Royal Rumble spot...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I've never played in a game with a charlatan before. They have to say a player is a wolf - do they get to choose or do mods instruct them on who to name as a wolf? Also, what is the point of the role? They declare someone is a wolf for what benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,342 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I need to start reading the glossary more

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Finished by Finishers

It's a new game mechanic and not many players have had it used on them but Oisin WW has had not 1

eb7e4ce8fdb4ef94dbcbdd6e843ebfac.gif

but two finishers used on him!!!

qRmiItE.gif

The devastating effects of which mean that Oisin WW is no longer able to compete and has been released from their Werewolf Wrestling Federation Contract. Good luck in your future endeavors

Oisin was finished by the Figure-Eight LegLock

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I've never played in a game with a charlatan before. They have to say a player is a wolf - do they get to choose or do mods instruct them on who to name as a wolf? Also, what is the point of the role? They declare someone is a wolf for what benefit?

they just pick someone and say it

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭mitsuko045

cee_jay wrote: »
    It did - but with a player being recruited to wolves then, we don't know if that was Angus or not!

True but seeing as we know that our new priest, seer etc only have their powers for a day would it not be more likely that the powers will revert back to them? Didn't Angus say he'd been told he'd lose his powers for a day? (I can't go back and check properly right now).

Like I can understand the caution about declaring folks safe but with at least two wolf factions wouldn't a wolf seer be an overpowered addition to the wolf side? Especially considering we played a full day with town having almost zero info about anything re roles, number of wolves etc. Also considering the sheer number of folks playing, maybe a third of them wolves, that's still a low chance of Angus being specifically the one to turn heel.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Oisin WW wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=11895457

Ewan is currently doing his Kofi Kingston Royal Rumble spot...

Oisin now.....

wkItg8k.gif

Woooah. Wasn't expecting Óisín to be finished!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ok, that caught me off guard.

Ewan, are you saying you took out Oisin?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Senan WW

Based on the list of players posted earlier by Angus, here's where I am on everyone:

Strong Village
    ShaneU - unmasked
    Angus - I believe his priest claim from yesterday

Village lean
    Katie WW
    Stu Redman
    mitsuko045
    cee_jay
    Lord TSC
    Oisin WW
    Rikand

Unknown
    Eva WW - sub I think
    Ewan WW - sub
    Jake WW
    JP Liz V1
    kitten_k
    Desmond WW - vote for Stu with no declaration, pretty weak defence of this

Wolf lean
    Emily WW - 28 posts but doesn't seem to be adding much
    Also Starring LeVar Burton - genied for the comp after lynch last night and unmasked ShaneU without consultation (although I understand that there are also positives to this approach)
    y0ssar1an22 - low posting (25) and genieing for the comp last night after lynch
    Conor WW - as per my FFA yesterday, one vote for kitten_k was his only input to the first comp. Also, no on thread reasoning for last night's vote - later clarified that it was based off Angus's interaction with Shane
    Patrick WW - interactions with MrK in the half hour (0925-0940) before he got munched (I'm skeptical on the idea that the wolves latched onto this so close to munch time)
    Vernon WW - genieing for the comp last night after lynch. Also, no on thread reasoning for last night's vote - later clarified that it was based off Angus's interaction with Shane

FFA # 2:
    Patrick WW
    Yossar
    Vernon WW
    Emily WW

Vernon WW wrote: »

Its a bit of a dud role, a negative on the village.

He has to accuse someone or face consequences. its a mechanic designed to caused confusion, not aid the village.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Ok, that caught me off guard.

Ewan, are you saying you took out Oisin?

I'm not. I just find it funny that Oisin was implying I was hanging on then he got future endeavoured.

mitsuko045 wrote: »
    Woooah. Wasn't expecting Óisín to be finished!

I wasnt either, I assumed he was implying he attacked me.... which he didnt.

Oisin gone - only two finishers used rather than 2? Maybe one from yesterday also. Presumably a coordinated attacked from the wolves?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Senan WW wrote: »
    Oisin gone - only two finishers used rather than 2? Maybe one from yesterday also. Presumably a coordinated attacked from the wolves?
    Has to be. Chances of him being hit by three at random are zilch.

Both LeVar and Emily voted me last night

LeVar went hard on me for a FFA and providing lengthy legit reasons (he was not the only one as so did Holly who also voted me but is gone)

Emily voted me too without a reason and did no FFA but LeVar never questioned her, could both be working as wolf heel play mates?

My read would be that Oisin used a finisher, which meant it only needed two to actually finish him off.

But given both happened simulationously, there HAS to be some co-ordination, right?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

True but seeing as we know that our new priest, seer etc only have their powers for a day would it not be more likely that the powers will revert back to them? Didn't Angus say he'd been told he'd lose his powers for a day? (I can't go back and check properly right now).

Like I can understand the caution about declaring folks safe but with at least two wolf factions wouldn't a wolf seer be an overpowered addition to the wolf side? Especially considering we played a full day with town having almost zero info about anything re roles, number of wolves etc. Also considering the sheer number of folks playing, maybe a third of them wolves, that's still a low chance of Angus being specifically the one to turn heel.

I don't know about your first paragraph.
    Second paragraph, Angus just said he had them yesterday - nothing about getting them back. I don't know how the priest role works (it is priest not seer).
    But yes it is a low chance of Angus who has been turned. I am happy Angus is village, for now. But as we get closer to end game, it can't be taken for granted that he was turned. Right now, the only 100% confirmed villager we have is ShaneU, as it was just announced on thread, and there has been no conversions since.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

My read would be that Oisin used a finisher, which meant it only needed two to actually finish him off.

But given both happened simulationously, there HAS to be some co-ordination, right?

Four minutes between the announcement and oisin's post indicating they'd used a finisher, maybe the wolves said lets get him.

• Advertisement

He had to have been hit with at least one yesterday and then 2 today. Had to be either wolves or lovers (only villagers who can coordinate) and I would be shocked if the lovers as village decided to target someone this early in the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

tenor.gif?itemid=8569644

The GTS has been used - A Player has been knocked prone and will lose their lynch vote!

My read of that too.

And at risk of appearing to do a volte face, despite having him in my FFA and saying I still had my suspicions about him this morning, I do actually think he was villager and rolled villager at that. My hunch is we lost our seer. I say this purely because of what he said about Trigger, (which could be him dropping hints), his subsequent evaiseness around that comment. He did clarify in the end but it was very close to lynch time when he did, which in my eyes would be a safer time to get into that more. People have already voted, there was no heavy sus on him so any sudden jump to vote Óisín would look odd.

Then again, there's a possibility this was done by the lovers but I'm not inclined to think that as they'd have to be sure he'd already lost his own finisher if they wanted to get him out.

Our priest Bray is not telling us if Oisin heel or face?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Necro wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=8569644

The GTS has been used - A Player has been knocked prone and will lose their lynch vote!
    I used my finisher on LeVar. Can another villager use their finisher to take them out for good please.

That will leave Conor as the main target tonight.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    I wasnt either, I assumed he was implying he attacked me.... which he didnt.

I'm just a little worried that Oisin implies he's used his finisher to put Ewan on the ropes, and then gets double tapped. And then Ewan is saying he hasn't been hit. Why did Oisin imply he'd hit Ewan, and then get promptly killed?

(Oisin, for the non-wrestling fans, said "Ewan is currently doing his Kofi Kingston Royal Rumble spot..."

The Kofi Rumble spot is when Kofi is in a Royal Rumble match, where if his feet touch the ground, he's elimiated, pulls out an amazing survival move, and barely surives by the skin of his teeth....)

ShaneU wrote: »
    I used my finisher on LeVar. Can another villager use their finisher to take them out for good please.

Ha! That nearly confirms my biggest suspicions about LeVar then....

[quote="Vernon WW;116878861"Had to be either wolves or lovers (only villagers who can coordinate)[/quote]

We sure about that? We had a very early spot on vig shot yesterday. Unless the vig won a prize or is playing a silly game, it doesn't seem likely a vig would shoot on next to no info, no?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Our priest Bray is not telling us if Oisin heel or face?

The priest should stay quiet until later this evening imo

• Advertisement

We sure about that? We had a very early spot on vig shot yesterday. Unless the vig won a prize or is playing a silly game, it doesn't seem likely a vig would shoot on next to no info, no?

He was taken out by cumulative finisher moves, not by vig.

Advertisement