Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

In terms of lynching Orla - Conor, Liam and Jake were the ones who actually voted for her. Conor and Liam both had her on their FFA. I can't find Jake's reasoning. Barbara had said she'd support a policy lynch but then didn't vote that way.

Conor WW wrote: »
    FFA 2
    Orla - said he'd munch me
    Phil - detail further back
    Liam - I've explained the first two already today, Liam is also one Id say is coasting along tbh, shaded me a bit earlier which i think is because I mentioned him yesterday, he's yet to respond with the specific post so I'll wait.

Orla or Phil for the chop, still not sold on Derry either but rabbits and there holes
    Liam WW wrote: »
    As I know it will help down the line

#ffa2

Orla - I actually think wolf gone off the deep end now. The noise was wolf noise. High posting wolf.

Conor - token defence and claim of omgus when I accused him. I'll eventually find that suss post from yesterday too. Mid level wolf.

Eva - there is usually a low lying wolf and since I know I'm good....

Eva WW wrote: »
    source.gif

tenor.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Good morning all.

A very happy birthday to you Babs.

I’ve been a low poster because a) I’ve been very busy and b) I hate posting for the sake of posting.

I also usually find that whilst there is generally a wolf in the low posters there is also usually an RV amongst them too

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

source.gif
    Why are you getting rid of you?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

In terms of lynching Orla - Conor, Liam and Jake were the ones who actually voted for her. Conor and Liam both had her on their FFA. I can't find Jake's reasoning. Barbara had said she'd support a policy lynch but then didn't vote that way.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Evening guys, sorry for the quiet day but RL got in the way, just home now.

I voted for Orla about 6pm as I didn’t like the way all she was doing was trying to add confusion to the thread

Wini I posted my reasons on thread last night

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

You're not far off yourself there katie, so maybe try to dial up the interaction a bit if you're good

I’ve missed the whole first two days. I think I’m doing fine thanks. I’ve had plenty of interactions even throughout the working day. Unlike you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I know my strengths and my weaknesses but I’m generally looking to have a bit of a laugh which isn’t always village friendly to be fair.

I’ve a theory about wolves but I’m gonna sleep on and throw it out tomorrow if we aren’t making any headway in the afternoon.

Derry, if you have a theory that might be helpful to the village, would you not throw it out at 9.59?

Why on earth wait until the afternoon unless you know that you're safe...?

Also - Happy B'day Babs!

giphy.gif

Right, I've had a think overnight and no one seems to be seeing what I'm seeing in Phil so I'm parking him for today and looking elsewhere. Maybe I'm tunneling. :(

Jake WW wrote: »
    Wini I posted my reasons on thread last night

Cheers, yeah I couldn't find it. Guessing you voted around 6ish then.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Don't think I'll be on as much today, hopefully catch up this evening

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Winifred, I find it odd that you've focused on something that I have explained now at least 4 times. Feels like you're trying to make a scapegoat out of me.
    Also the genie appearance.

I didn't policy vote because I don't v think Orla is a wolf and also I didn't realise the implementation of a policy vote until it was pointed out. I assumed the distraction removal from the village would be good. That's the 5th time now. Do you have anything further or can we pick this to bed?

Just on the whole Orla thing, can we either decide that she's a wolf/SK or ignore her?

Engaging is just giving her attention and pulling the thread into pointless directions. If you don't engage with her then she'll have nothing to go at people with and will hopefully be quieter.

I feel like a teacher. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I don't care. Only one person can get rid of me.

Are you trying to tell us something here or are you just shooting the breeze?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Are you trying to tell us something here or are you just shooting the breeze?

I was trying to figure out what role that could be. Unless there is a secret?

Barbara WW wrote: »

I mean there's no OP role, unless there is a secret. Seems like a big secret

That’s what I was wondering. Orla seems to be implying they have a role but I’ve no idea what it is, doesn’t seem to be on OP

Winifred, I find it odd that you've focused on something that I have explained now at least 4 times. Feels like you're trying to make a scapegoat out of me.

I didn't policy vote because I don't v think Orla is a wolf and also I didn't realise the implementation of a policy vote until it was pointed out. I assumed the distraction removal from the village would be good. That's the 5th time now. Do you have anything further or can we pick this to bed?

Alright Barbara, Eva mentioned looking at people who supported the policy lynch. I showed the people who voted for her who all gave reasons whether or not you agreed with them. I then said you had supported it but didn't vote for her. Perhaps I should have added that this meant that you clearly didn't support the policy lynch at the end but I thought that was implied. I wasn't trying to make an insidious point about you. I was trying to give a full picture around those who may at some stage have supported a policy lynch. Would it have been a full picture if I had left you out?

Liam calling eve a low lying wolf in that ffa is a bit odd- she’s the 5th or 6th highest poster

Alright Barbara, Eva mentioned looking at people who supported the policy lynch. I showed the people who voted for her who all gave reasons whether or not you agreed with them. I then said you had supported it but didn't vote for her. Perhaps I should have added that this meant that you clearly didn't support the policy lynch at the end but I thought that was implied. I wasn't trying to make an insidious point about you. I was trying to give a full picture around those who may at some stage have supported a policy lynch. Would it have been a full picture if I had left you out?

I don't think it's a full picture at all since I'm the only person mentioned by name.

I do appreciate your response and it has village vibes for me

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Morning all. Happy birthday Babs.

• Advertisement

Sorry, explain why Orla was a policy lynch if you didn't think she was a wolf, maybe I dont know what a policy lynch is but that's wolfy as **** when I read that. Someone might explain what constitutes a policy lynch, might clear it up for me

Sorry, explain why Orla was a policy lynch if you didn't think she was a wolf, maybe I dont know what a policy lynch is but that's wolfy as **** when I read that. Someone might explain what constitutes a policy lynch, might clear it up for me

Ah Google answered my question, fair enough, you learn something new everyday

OK, so I decided to try to do a bit of ISO to make sure I’m up to speed on things (I’m mindful of the accusation that I hadn’t seen about 700 odd posts yesterday). First one to look at is Eva!

Hey guys. From the OP it sounds like we're in for some shenanigans. When the mod says it's gonna be 'weird sh1t', that's gotta be a red flag :pac:

Haven't seen the movies either. May throw one on tonight. In terms of other wolf roles, I hadn't even thought of that, so kudos to whoever caught that one. Can't imagine there would be less than 3 wolves to be honest.

Bland enough opening, nothing to say alignment either way

Hey guys. So sorry I've been absent. I forgot I had my American colleagues over for a week of solid training. I basically have no time during the day. Just home now, so ill try to catch up in the next hour or so and chime in as much as I can.

This is a recurring theme. Now I know everyone has real life stuff but equally players have used stuff like this to hide behind when they’re wolfing

I'm voting doris. She seems super pushy on multiple people. I've not much else to go on. And wont get a chance to fully catch up before the lynch.

This is interesting. At this point Doris is in no jeopardy, she’s putting all the pressure on. Its literally the safest vote anyone could place as a wolf

What the hell is going on!?

Phil got the most votes but Doris died? What am I missing?

Ah no. I won't be around for the competition :(

This real life thing again
    The OP literally says there's secrets. Nobody should be trying to find RVs Regardless. It's up to them to come out when they deem it most beneficial to the village.

Helpful – but was helpful about 3 times in that sequence of posts. It actually looks too helpful
    I'm in training all day again today so won't be on much. Until I'm home. I'll try to check in at lunch time at least.

Again- we get it so why keep mentioning it. Its like Eva needs to reassure is that theres a reason for her absence. Which isn’t a good thing

This is a very good point actually!

It was very clear that Brendan was getting a lot of heat, then magically a Phil wagon appears unbeknownst to everyone..... Something fishy there.

Theyre agreeing with me and yet I actually hate this post. Its like the door of opportunity opened and viola theres Eva

I'm with you on this, however I would be willing to die on said hill for it haha. I'd be pushing for the RVs to stay hidden as much as possible unless they feel like their openness can help the village! The village should not be in any way pointing to people they think are RVs or trying to find them on-thread.

This is similar, with lots of options embedded – bleugh basically

I have zero understanding of what you're trying to say here. Not sure if I'm just not getting it, or if you're being deliberately obtuse...

This is Eva disagreeing with someone – nice isn’t it….
    I feel like that line is satirical and just for fun to be honest haha

…..But we’ll still be friends
    That was me. I'd appreciate if you could dig into that alright. It seems to be flying under the radar a bit too much.

Gonna have to head now. I wont be able to enter the comp, but we should try as hard as possible to have as many village available so the wolfs don't get it!

Catch ye later

Thanks for reassuring us again Eva
    Hey Folks, just home.

I'll try catch up over the next couple of hours. That training today kicked the **** out of me so super wrecked.

Here's my photographic proof for whoever was moaning at me calling me a liar :P

491541.png

And again….hey btw, who took the photo for you?

Jesus christ, you're still on this?!

This is the most ridiculous reason for having people on your ffa. You're full of ****!

Day 1 everyone could be a wolf. Doris was acting weird everyone thought so. Even the bloody executioner who could have killed literally anyone. And they thought Doris was wolfy enough to kill over letting the village decide!

You need to get some actual reasons into your FFA.

Everyone else should be taking note of this piss poor attempt and looking at phil more closely.

Wow that was sudden – mild helpful Eva has a bite if she appears in an FFA

No. I voted for her because of her oddness. That's literally the point of the game. Find people who seem to be acting weird and lynch them because they could be a wolf.

If everyone was acting normally you'd never find a bloody wolf. You're actually off your nut.

This is so not the point of the game that it stinks as a post. It stinks of wolf fur tbh

You're fairly new, but calling people out as being bad at the game? Pull the other one mate.

Why would a wolf kill someone who stands out, those are the people who generally get mislynched if they're good? RVs generally want to stay hidden.

Is nobody else seriously getting the hibbie jibbies from this garbage ffs?

And then pretty much contradicts herself

You're contradicting yourself left right and center.

New, but experienced.

Weird but normal.

Suspect, but not suspect.

Things out of the ordinary get called wolfy, but people voting for people who do things out of the ordinary are called wolfy.

Somebody with sense please chime in here. This lad is off his meds :pac:

But still has bite when accused

Honest to god the absolute garbage coming out of you and Phil with your reasons, it's actually comical. I don't get wolfy vibes off you, but that is so utterly useless that I'm not going to bother trying to get into it with you.

As you were

But doesn’t actually answer anything. This is pretty horrible right now

Why Isla over me, when I was top of your list? What's changed?

This is cleaner – it’s basically likely to be village or wolf theatre. If Eva was a wolf I’d be looking to this post for my next suspect in Phil

I have you as one of my stronger village leans, but this is dodgy AF.

CFDs almost always end in a bad way

A bit meh – A wolf would know this is a mislynch but equally the CFD was a bit daft

I've already outlined how you keep contradicting yourself. Now you do a FFA with me on top, then vote for your number 2.

I think your village, but you're not helping your own case.

I'm not gonna bother with your conversation any more because it's just distracting me from paying attention to people who actually seem to be adding value to the group

I gotta be honest, this Phil interaction really bothers me. A lot of what I’m seeing resolves around it and Phils obviously been a focal point of mine. I’d love to say its just a tunnel but I didn’t put Eva in that tunnel they put themselves and it’s a bad look

now that is interesting. This is information that's actually useful.

Conor. Care to elaborate on why you moved off an almost definite brendan lynch onto an almost phil lynch?

This again comes back to that linkage. Basically if Eva is a wolf I’d be looking at Phil next in the line

jaysus phil. come on. we literally just had this conversation...

Why conor over me if i was 'joint top' of your ffa.

You are breaking my heart here

And again, there’s such a thing as too much protest. Like why on the one hand jump in to defend a player when on the other hand you’re agitating against them. It makes no sense
    I'm interested to see who switched and what their reasoning was.

There were two clear front runners in Brendo and Orla, and magically they get away scott free. They will be my top picks for tomorrows lynch.

Twice now the expected people have not been lynched... Twice it's been brendan...

This is consistent with Evas vote. I’d be fairly confident there’s not two wolves here

I really don't get the late Isla votes at all...

'Oh look somebody said she's lying, i have to vote her now!'

Absolutely convinced there are two wolves in Katie, Derry, Brendan.

Right folks, I'm up at stupid oclock again tomorrow, so gonna hit the hay. Will try again to check in in the morning and if possible at some point throughout the day. If I can't, I'll be online once I'm home to try catch up.

If we could get as many people in for the comp as possible that would be super awesome! I'll do my best to enter if I can.

Peace out village

And thanks (once again) for the reassurance

So! Conclusions! Well basically Eva appears to be a wolf looking at that Iso.

I think I’d be looking at Eva confidently as a wolf then if I’m right I’d look to Phil next. Brendan would seem village in that scenario. After that maybe Liam based on ffa but not certain

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Modulator Announcement

Holly WW was a Hero Today

But now she is Dead Forever.

She was Conrad Stonebanks, Expendables member (NRV)

latest?cb=20140714223416

Semper Fight.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Ah Google answered my question, fair enough, you learn something new everyday

Would appreciate confirmation but my take is its a vote for someone not because they are a wolf, but to help out the mods avoiding a mod kill or something?

I don't think it's a full picture at all since I'm the only person mentioned by name.

I do appreciate your response and it has village vibes for me

Only one mentioned by name? What? Have a look at my original post again. I even quote Liam and Conor in it and used their names twice. Jake I didn't quote from because I couldn't find a quote.

You are the only other person mentioned by name because I couldn't find anyone else supporting a policy lynch. Although to be fair I didn't mention Steve who asked the question originally so you are right that it wasn't a full picture.
    Steve WW wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for a policy lynch of Orla?

Fine work Holly. Really well played :)

Well I assumed, having never heard the term before , that it was , everyone agrees to vote someone off regardless of alignment because of policy, be that
    - behaviour
    - distraction
    - etc

So I took it to mean that it would be best for the village if Orla was gone since the village couldn't actually wolf hunt while so distracted.

Remember I thought and still do that Orla a
    is not a wolf. I understood that lynching someone to help focus the village was a good bet.
    After it was explained I realised I was wrong.

It may have been wrong assumptions but I'm being honest in my thought process.

Would appreciate confirmation but my take is its a vote for someone not because they are a wolf, but to help out the mods avoiding a mod kill or something?

Someone not particularly wolfy but causing havoc really seems to be it

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    Modulator Announcement

Holly WW was a Hero Today

But now she is Dead Forever.

She was Conrad Stonebanks, Expendables member (NRV)

latest?cb=20140714223416

Semper Fight.

Any ideas why holly? I don’t remember anything sticking out with her

Advertisement