Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options
  • 22-09-2019 9:39am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Expendawolves - A Game of Werewolf

The%20Expendawolves.jpg

The year is 2019 and once again The Expendables have been called into action. The group now have to deal with their biggest challenge ever -  finding the evil within their own group.

After so many years apart, there is dissent in the ranks and indeed factions have begun to form, each intent on seizing control of the group and using it for their own evil methods. The threat is entirely from within - nobody can trust each other anymore.

On one side a group are quietly plotting to murder every other member and use the respected name of the group to start a New World Order. 

The Expendawolves are violent, deranged and dangerous and will stop at nothing to achieve their goals. Some have skills with which they can use to further their own evil cause. Others are just monsters, determined to brutalise and bludgeon their way to victory. They will have a kill each morning at 10am, along with some other tricks up their sleeves....

Wolf Roles:

Roleblocker - Can target a player and block any powers they may have that night phase.

Another threat, possibly even more disturbing is the existence of the individual known only as 'The Explosives Expert'. This maniac takes great pleasure in causing as much death and destruction as possible, through the use of C4 explosives which they plant each night. The charges can go off at any time during the day....

SK - Explosives Expert: The serial killer who can plant explosives on a player and subsequently detonate them to kill the player. Plants the explosives during the night phase. Can subsequently detonate the charge at any stage during the next day phase, or store the detonate action for future (and explosive) use.

Though of course, those on the side of good are not without some strengths and powers of their own. 

Village Roles:

Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

One Punch Oracle: The One Punch Oracle can at any time in the game choose to attack a player. If they are evil, they will die. If they are good however.... the Oracle will die and the player's role will be revealed on thread by the mods.

Alignment Seer: Peeks a player during the night phase and learns their alignment. 

Troublemaker: Can choose during a night phase of their choice to enact a double lynch the next day phase. 

Bomb Squad: Checks a player each night for C4 explosives and disarms them if present.

Vigilante: Can gain access to a bullet per day for use at a time of their own choosing.

Executioner: Has a one time ability to over-ride the lynch choice and kill a person of their own choosing.

There may or may not be other roles present in the game. Always remember - the mods have secrets.

Game Rules:

1. Respect the mods: The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM Necro, Molly or Uriel. and we will respond as soon as possible. 

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads, including on the discord server. No posting of any PMs from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots, quoting from backroom threads or naming of rooms anyone may or may not have are permitted. 

3. Get Involved: We encourage you all to get as involved as you can and contribute to the game - a vote in the lynch, and Mods would also like to advise players of the 5 post minimum post count in place as the minimum contribution each day. Repeated breaches of this without prior notice given will result in a modkill or substitution, where possible. The game is more fun with more people posting and shouting at each other, don't be afraid to get involved - if you're new ask as many questions as you like!

4. PMs: All players may receive PMs throughout the game, please no copying and pasting of PMs that we send you, nor will you be allowed copy and paste anything from any backroom you may or may not have. If you want to discuss the content of a PM with the village, please discuss it with the Mods first before discussing them on the game thread.

5. Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy behaviour, point out if they are being silly or behaving strangely, be aggressive in your approach; but DO NOT abuse another player. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

6. Anon Game: This is an Anonymous game. Every player will have a WW alias to play under and this will be PM'ed to you along with any in game role you have been given. No posting in your regular Boardsie account. You won’t be able to edit in an anon account, but if you slip and post in your regular boards account, don’t delete or edit either. Log back into your anon account, quote the slipped post(s) and announce to the thread that you slipped and the posts should be attributed to your given anon account. If you don't do it yourself within an hour of making the mistake, game mods will quote the slip and attribute it to the correct anon account for you.

7. Game schedule and voting rules: The game begins as soon as the mods say go. The first game action will be a munch on Monday morning at 10am. There will be a lynch on Monday evening at 9pm and each subsequent night. SK kills may happen at any time during the day phase. The lynch form will be opened following the Wolf Kill and players can vote until 08:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Failure to vote in two lynches (do not have to be consecutive) will result in a modkill.

8. General Note: Have fun guys, we encourage fun poking, memes, gifs, videos and such and such. Character claiming is actively encouraged, who wouldn't want to be Arnie or Sly or one of the many many heroes in the game. Character names are NOT tied to roles- anyone can be evil, anyone can be good.

Win conditions: 
    Explosives Expert wins on gaining parity with both the village and the wolf team – in a 1 v 1 v 1 scenario, or any variation where village and/or wolf numbers have been reduced to 1 and the Explosive Expert still lives.

Wolves need to kill off the Explosives Expert and gain parity with the village in order to be victorious.

For a village win both evil teams must be killed off.

Full character name and role will be revealed on each player’s death. 

List of Anon Accounts in the Game:

Angus WW
    Barbara WW
    Brendan WW
    Clodagh WW
    Conor WW
    Derry WW
    Desmond WW
    Doris WW
    Eva WW
    Gertrude WW
    Holly WW
    Isla WW
    Jake WW
    Katie WW
    Liam WW
    Orla WW
    Phil WW
    Riona WW
    Steve WW
    Vernon WW
    Wendy WW
    Winifred WW

NRV PM:

Dear Player,

Welcome to The Expendawolves.

You have drawn the role of: Expendables member (NRV)

Your character name is:

Your role means that you must band together with your fellow villagers and attempt to find the turncoats among you.

You have been assigned an anon account for the duration of the game for the game thread on Boards. Please make all votes for the lynch using this, and not your normal Boards account.

Username:
    Password:

Lynch form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeBN_kfzFmwrF8jmxejEne_vB2i9gSv2fEnB2UNIMwOUBzPKw/viewform
    Lynch form code:

Enjoy the game,

Necro, Molly and Uriel
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Alwight you botox filled, plastic faced bitches, Modulators 1, 2 and 2.1 have flicked the switch and the curtains are up.

A reminder about the anoness of this game. The first person to post without their costume will be sinbinned for 77.7 hours.

And remember we are the shadow, the smoke in your eyes, the ghosts that hide in the night.

I now pronounce GAME ON.

Godspeed

giphy.gif

PS. please don't come crying to the mods when weird sh1t happens.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Morning everyone. Let the fun begin!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Morning Isla. Looking forward to this!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Time for coffee and a cigar....

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Dump the coffee just a cigar

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

New spreadsheet opened.
    I've already got notes on 4 of you.

The op has 3 occurrences of the word member. I thought it odd that they kept saying member. I wonder how many expendable members there are in total.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Rugby check, WW check in - check
    [img][/img]

Might be busy during the next few evenings but should be about today.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Rugby check, WW check in - check
    [img][/img]

Might be busy during the next few evenings but should be about today.

Start as I mean to go on :cool::o

tenor.gif?itemid=4481039

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

*When you find out there's a new game of Werewolf starting today*

source.gif

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Uriel. wrote: »

A reminder about the anoness of this game. The first person to post without their costume will be sinbinned for 77.7 hours.
    I am 100% gonna fall foul of this rule.

Dunno if it is wrong to admit this or not but I never saw any of the Expendables movies. Might have been on in the background once or twice where I was but I never decided to sit down and watch them.

Any of them actually good? Even if in say a "turn your brain off at the outset" kind of way?
    giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Everyone must have been up early for the match and gone back to bed.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Hey guys. From the OP it sounds like we're in for some shenanigans. When the mod says it's gonna be 'weird sh1t', that's gotta be a red flag :pac:

Eva WW wrote: »
    Hey guys. From the OP it sounds like we're in for some shenanigans. When the mod says it's gonna be 'weird sh1t', that's gotta be a red flag :pac:

I always expect surprises in WW these days. So many legends in these movies a lot of mad stuff could probably happen. That said I think Day 0 has been eaten up by the sport. Now the Premierships turn

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

morning all!

well, it still feels like morning to me.

I'm off for a coffee and a proper read of the OP - comments about "weird sh1t" have me paranoid already and it's only day zero. Thanks a mill mods!

Btw, am I thick or are there an undisclosed number of wolves? I wasn't even drinking last night. I feel like I've left my brain switched off or something. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Sport and booze Sundays, followed by WW, Carlsberg don't do Sundays.......

Anyway, I expected a fair few more posts by this point but to be expected with the day that's in it

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Dunno if it is wrong to admit this or not but I never saw any of the Expendables movies. Might have been on in the background once or twice where I was but I never decided to sit down and watch them.

Any of them actually good? Even if in say a "turn your brain off at the outset" kind of way?
    giphy.gif

I've not watched any either. I'll have a look if they're on netflix and might watch one later when I am back at the computer.

I've just re-read that OP and I've no idea how many wolves there are, we've an SK who can attach explosives at night and randomly kill people after that, and an executioner who can overturn a lynch. I need to start putting a spreadsheet together.

There are 22 players, and 3 teams.
    Team Explosives Expert. This line "Another threat, possibly even more disturbing is the existence of the individual known only as 'The Explosives Expert'." makes me think they are playing solo.
    Team SK :1

Leaves 21 players over two teams.
    Team The Expendawolves. Wording suggests DEFINITELY more than 1, " Some have skills with" suggests more than 2, so likely at least 3, possibly 4.

Team Expendawolves : 3 or 4

Leaves 17 Expendables.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Ello ello ello all.

Shenanigans afoot is right

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Will need to reread that OP but woohoo! I have seen movies one and two and they are indeed turn your brain off and shovel the popcorn movies. Depth, no...fun yes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

I’ve never seen the movies either but when does that ever matter.

Slow D0 but I reckon that is to be expected given all the games on today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Good evening all. Winifred has arrived.

Lash me down as another one who hasn't seen the film(s). The old nrvs truly are cannon fodder in this one - expendables member :).

I'm intrigued that the OP says "wolf roles" but only provides one role - roleblocker. Maybe there is only one wolf role but I'd imagine that is not the case. The some gave skills could be the roleblocker and the sk with the explosives. However, I reckon it's more likely that we just haven't been told everything.

I'm intrigued that the OP says "wolf roles" but only provides one role - roleblocker. Maybe there is only one wolf role but I'd imagine that is not the case. The some gave skills could be the roleblocker and the sk with the explosives. However, I reckon it's more likely that we just haven't been told everything.

Some have skills does not cover the sk with the explosives. The some includes members of the expendawolves, and the explosives expert is not a member of the expendawolves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Haven't seen the movies either. May throw one on tonight. In terms of other wolf roles, I hadn't even thought of that, so kudos to whoever caught that one. Can't imagine there would be less than 3 wolves to be honest.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I'm not entirely sure if I've seen the movies but I do know I'm expendable.

Didn't watch any games today.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Expendables 1 & 2 on Netflix. I dont think i've seen them so no time like the present.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Reading over the OP, is it me or has the canary in the mineshaft died....

Advertisement