Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Which is why I didn’t want to use it on him. I still don’t get where that wagon came from but it looks like it could be wolves looking for a haven
    I’ve replied

Have you explained your vote yet? You keep telling us you’re suspicious of Phil’s but you’ve yet to give a reason

I’m finding your “lets get Phil voters” bandwagon a little tiring at this stage.

You don’t make sense suggesting you didn’t want to use Truth serum on Phil to find out if his wagon was good or bad. It’s easier to confirm a target is good or bad (Phil) then working through 4 differnt people.

And then there is the fact that the point I made has come true. Up until yestdays vote Phil had something like 5 posts. He’s now up to 25 since he’s been forced to come on thread, how is that not relevant? Was he a rattled wolf who nearly died who was forced to get involved? Are you a team mate looking to turn this around on villagers who forced your mate out? Maybe.. I Don’t know.

Incidentally why Phil? Why would a bunch of wolves jump all together onto Phil? For what purpose? To protect Brendan? Then why not jump on isla who was in danger? Jumping on Phil makes no strategic sense that I can see.

So your “voters of Phil” vendetta doesn’t appear to have much behind it other then “why Phil”. Well , what exactly is it about the Phil voters that you don’t like? What was the strategy in picking Phil?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Have to agree with you there(btw I’m just catching up over the last hour or so so haven’t read anything beyond what I’ve quoted)

That and Steve being very open to having the truth serum used upon him knowing that he had already planted the explosives?

I’m working now and going to be mad busy. If I get a chance I will have a read and put up an ffa. If not I will be voting for Steve

Katie was pushing hard for me too, so by that logic they would be just as likely setting me up as they new they could blow wendy, so to speak, before I got a chance to be cleared.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Katie was pushing hard for me too, so by that logic they would be just as likely setting me up as they new they could blow wendy, so to speak, before I got a chance to be cleared.

That’s fair enough.

I was also referring to the exceptionally unlucky bit. It just didn’t seem genuine and read to me that you were surprised at all

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Just catching up, so the SK has blown up Wendy who won a truth serum, that blast also injured Isla but not life threatening, is that where we’re at?

I know there’s been lots of posts and I’m probably skipping loads but Derry’s post there about wolves not jumping on Phil makes sense, they would have jumped on Isla if their wolf buddy Brendan was in bother. You could conclude that neither Brendan nor Isla is a wolf based on this, wolves would have loaded onto Isla to save him, they didn’t, instead we had the weird Phil wagon.

By the same token the people on Phil seemed to randomly find their way there, as opposed to a wagon. IMO there’s a higher chance of wolves on Brendan or Isla

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Steve WW wrote: »

Steve why did you offer to have the serum used on you?

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Steve why did you offer to have the serum used on you?

Rabbit hole theory number 10023: Wolves have some sort of power that nullify's the serum or they have an alternative character name that can be used in seer peak or truth serum .

Not sure Im sold on that to be honest, but again we havent a clue what, if any, powers the baddies have. I remember one village where baddies used alternative character names as a way of disguising themselves.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

He could just be good and it’s a way to clear himself!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Have you looked, your solely playing this game on today's information, you've completely missed 700 odd posts by what I'm seeing from you. I explained my reason for him yesterday, I did an ISO on Jake and Phil. In 5 posts he went from wolf to ah your sound on Doris, nothing else of note.

His behaviour since the lynch is even more interesting. His posting levels have increased dramatically, why? And I mean straight away, your looking at people who voted Phil, but not bothering to search all the while not looking at Phil himself

Not sure why you’re quoting my last two posts. I did review 5 post Phil on the back of the lynch pools last night. Tbh I was less sold on why anyone jumped on him after that since it felt a bit like he was feeling his way around. I haven’t gone back to review his posts today yet: his posting did increase, I think he was at the princely sum of 12 when I checked so a humongous 140% increase (he’s on 25 now which is a bit more interesting)

As to why I’m looking at people who voted Phil, do you think it’s a normal outcome that a player who has gotten practically no heat end up top of the lynch pile? Unfortunately our executioner acting makes it a little more difficult to read the tea leaves on this one but I’m thinking there’s something there

Clodagh WW wrote: »

Don’t be silly Clodagh. That makes far too much sense

Necro wrote: »

Today's training camp has now ended.

Some may or may not have been awarded student of the day.

Should a student of the day have been awarded, they will be notified via PM by 3pm.

I read this as one person won a prize but is there any chance more prizes were awarded ?

"Some" may or may not have been awarded student of the day" . Should that not read "Somebody may or may not have been awarded student of the day "?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    I read this as one person won a prize but is there any chance more prizes were awarded ?

"Some" may or may not have been awarded student of the day" . Should that not read "Somebody may or may not have been awarded student of the day "?

My read is that means there was the possibility of multiple prizes being awarded.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    I was under no obligation to post and asked first if I could. No point keeping info to myself.

True but that could be an attempt to make yourself lock clear in some people's eyes, but all it would prove is that you're not the SK. You could be the SK playing us or a wolf trying to play the hey I'm one of the good guys card.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Uriel. wrote: »

Players will have 30 mins to PM their answers to Necro, and prizes are up for grabs for some of you who get all the answers right. How we decide that is highly classified.

And I'd say this post yesterday adds to that.

I’m finding your “lets get Phil voters” bandwagon a little tiring at this stage.

You don’t make sense suggesting you didn’t want to use Truth serum on Phil to find out if his wagon was good or bad. It’s easier to confirm a target is good or bad (Phil) then working through 4 differnt people.

And then there is the fact that the point I made has come true. Up until yestdays vote Phil had something like 5 posts. He’s now up to 25 since he’s been forced to come on thread, how is that not relevant? Was he a rattled wolf who nearly died who was forced to get involved? Are you a team mate looking to turn this around on villagers who forced your mate out? Maybe.. I Don’t know.

Incidentally why Phil? Why would a bunch of wolves jump all together onto Phil? For what purpose? To protect Brendan? Then why not jump on isla who was in danger? Jumping on Phil makes no strategic sense that I can see.

So your “voters of Phil” vendetta doesn’t appear to have much behind it other then “why Phil”. Well , what exactly is it about the Phil voters that you don’t like? What was the strategy in picking Phil?

This bolded bit is interesting. Brendan and isla were both getting heat, so why are you picking out Brendan as the wolf here Derry?

Your excuse of voting for Phil because you
    “didn’t want anybody killed as I didn’t have a target”

Is weak as dishwater.

I think you’ve slipped a bit

I think you’re a wolf matey

Clodagh WW wrote: »

You see it depends on how you look at it...

Was Steve at the time under scrutiny ? (genuine question, i wasnt around during these events and havent caught up yet). . If not, what benefit was it to the village to use the power on him ? If he is an NRV how does that help us ? If he is an RV then I dont see the benefit of him being forced out. Wolves (assuming he is good) have probably guessed that he might not be an RV (unless he was double bluffing) which means if he is an NRV he has narrowed the pool of players for our villians to hunt for Rvs. .

So Steve, what was your thinking in asking for the serum ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Not sure why you’re quoting my last two posts. I did review 5 post Phil on the back of the lynch pools last night. Tbh I was less sold on why anyone jumped on him after that since it felt a bit like he was feeling his way around. I haven’t gone back to review his posts today yet: his posting did increase, I think he was at the princely sum of 12 when I checked so a humongous 140% increase (he’s on 25 now which is a bit more interesting)

As to why I’m looking at people who voted Phil, do you think it’s a normal outcome that a player who has gotten practically no heat end up top of the lynch pile? Unfortunately our executioner acting makes it a little more difficult to read the tea leaves on this one but I’m thinking there’s something there

Wait a minute, if your theory is that people were jumping off Brendan or Isla to save them (I'd need to check back to see whether this is true), then surely by your reasoning we'd be better looking there for a wolf first, rather than going through the 4 voters on Phil.

I realise that I'm one of the 4, but your reasoning just makes no sense to me.

And I'd say this post yesterday adds to that.

"Prizes are up for grabs" .

So there is a good chance baddies have won a prize or two.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Rabbit hole theory number 10023: Wolves have some sort of power that nullify's the serum or they have an alternative character name that can be used in seer peak or truth serum .

Not sure Im sold on that to be honest, but again we havent a clue what, if any, powers the baddies have. I remember one village where baddies used alternative character names as a way of disguising themselves.

Your not sold on it cause it's madness, it's also completely irrelevant now so spending time on it less than pointless

As I have to log off soon for a while I'm doing my FFA now.

#FFA2

1) Steve - Wasn't buying his comments earlier and his eager to volunteer himself to Wendy moments before she blew to pieces is dodgy.

2) Isla - The whole injured but not really thing isn't sitting well, it doesn't seem to match in with the Bomb disposal narrative, very suss.

3) Desmond - Pushing hard defending the Phil votes even though he lumped on Isla with not much reasoning makes him look uber-dodge.

SK - Explosives Expert: The serial killer who can plant explosives on a player and subsequently detonate them to kill the player. Plants the explosives during the night phase. Can subsequently detonate the charge at any stage during the next day phase, or store the detonate action for future (and explosive) use.

Something to note from the OP. The sk May have planted the C4 during the night but they decide when it detonates. I’d be suggesting that they might have blown up Wendy because maybe we were hovering around a target that they didn’t like at some stage..

• Advertisement

My read is that means there was the possibility of multiple prizes being awarded.

Yeah that’s how I read it. There is definitely the possibility that others have won prizes but not disclosed that they have

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Sure but there's no heat on him. It kinda came out of no where

Katie WW wrote: »

#FFA2

1) Steve - Wasn't buying his comments earlier and his eager to volunteer himself to Wendy moments before she blew to pieces is dodgy.

2) Isla - The whole injured but not really thing isn't sitting well, it doesn't seem to match in with the Bomb disposal narrative, very suss.

3) Desmond - Pushing hard defending the Phil votes even though he lumped on Isla with not much reasoning makes him look uber-dodge.

Wait, where exactly did I defend the Phil voters? I was one of the first saying they were suspicious!

This bolded bit is interesting. Brendan and isla were both getting heat, so why are you picking out Brendan as the wolf here Derry?

Your excuse of voting for Phil because you
    “didn’t want anybody killed as I didn’t have a target”

Is weak as dishwater.

I think you’ve slipped a bit

I think you’re a wolf matey

Is this what I look like in one of my rabbit holes ? Damn . . .:pac:

I'm not saying there is not something there with people who voted Phil, my point is we need to look at Phil aswell. Here's the thing, Phil could flip wolf tonight if lynched and I'd still not clear anyone who voted Phil, a wolf could have chucked a vote on thinking no danger and boom. I quoted your last two posts as you basically said you weren't up to speed, I still don't think you are. I also posted my suspicions on Phil earlier which i have requoted since for you.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Your not sold on it cause it's madness, it's also completely irrelevant now so spending time on it less than pointless

What about if the wolves won an antidote and the goodies won a "truth serum" ? . . There is strong evidence that another prize was won, what do you think it was ?

Expect the unexpected. .

FFA 2
    Orla - said he'd munch me
    Phil - detail further back
    Liam - I've explained the first two already today, Liam is also one Id say is coasting along tbh, shaded me a bit earlier which i think is because I mentioned him yesterday, he's yet to respond with the specific post so I'll wait.

Orla or Phil for the chop, still not sold on Derry either but rabbits and there holes

Wait, where exactly did I defend the Phil voters? I was one of the first saying they were suspicious!

Apologies I didn't mean defend I meant attack, long day in work!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Katie WW wrote: »

#FFA2

I'm worried I might start tunneling as the people i'd be mentioning would be from my day 1 FFA. Not a lot got resolved after the executioner get involved.

Brendan lied about something yesterday (musing about past games while not knowing what a munch is) and was an FFA leader but today he has taken a backseat avoiding similar heat. Dead Riona also voted this way.

Orla was a distant third on my FFA but her play has been confusing and not helpful for the village. Maybe they are tasks she has to do though so I probably wouldn't be voting here but her today didn't knock her off my top three.

Gertie was the other name and would probably still make the three but is in the not likely to vote on 3rd spot Orla had last time. Same reasons as day one but her play today hasn't added any suspicions for example answering and sharing the comp question.

screw it

#FFA 2

1.Brendan
    2.Orla
    3.Gertie

• Advertisement

What about if the wolves won an antidote and the goodies won a "truth serum" ? . . There is strong evidence that another prize was won, what do you think it was ?

Expect the unexpected. .

What if, what if we focused our energy on finding wolves than inventing a million and 1 different things that may or may not be possible. If th wolves won an antidote then both prizes were wolf friendly prizes, if they did win an antidote then great, it's useless now

Advertisement