Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Wow, come back to a cluster**** of a thread and a result! Isla, ****ing Isla, it was entirely obvious she was the executioner, I mean the executioner picked Doris, who had been mauling Isla all day, too many "villagers" not paying attention

Isla literally said "she deserved it" straight after she used the executioner power to get rid of Doris. :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Was there anyone tht was likely to be peeked by Wendy and under pressure at voting?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    It was a bad shour.

She was the easy target. She wasnt worth a vote

Actually Orla was the easy vote and would of been an easier CFD.

Easy in hindsight to say that Phil in fairness. Have to say Isla played that really bad , why do RVs leave so little room for people to change their votes?!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Actually Orla was the easy vote and would of been an easier CFD.

Easy in hindsight to say that Phil in fairness. Have to say Isla played that really bad , why do RVs leave so little room for people to change their votes?!

Did you or anyone else seriously doubt Isla was the executioner, I mean she practically nailed it to the mast last night.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Did you or anyone else seriously doubt Isla was the executioner, I mean she practically nailed it to the mast last night.

Maybe I’m blind, but I didn’t get it at all.in hindsight, sure, now we have it confirmed who she was. But during the day, and especially the evening when she said she was feeling likely to die, there was zero hints or anything.

• Advertisement

Angus WW wrote: »
    Isla literally said "she deserved it" straight after she used the executioner power to get rid of Doris. :(

My guess is that only eagle eye villagers and/or the Wolfpack spotted that and yet they Felt she was a better chess piece to leave on the board. People looking out for RVs. Do any other villages want to come forward and confirm that they knew “obviously” who she turned out to be?

But let’s look at it another way. If it was obvious to you that Isla was who she ended up being, then you think the wolves definitely knew it aswell. And chose her as their token sacrifice? To go after a RV that they knew was an RV who was effectively an NRV but they had “broadcasted” who they were on thread?! You don’t think one wolf would say “maybe we should stay clear of Isla as they aren’t really an RV anynore and if we saw this obvious clue that they are the executioner on thread then you can bet some other villagers saw it”.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Ill be honest I didn’t see Isla being the executioner.

Jake WW wrote: »

Well Conor and Angus think it was obvious and if they think it was obvious then surely at least one wolf made that connection? And if one wolf made that connection then all wolves made that connection. I’d love it if something this trivial has tripped up Angus and Conor. I could die tomorrow happy if this ends up being the case.

My guess is that only eagle eye villagers and/or the Wolfpack spotted that and yet they Felt she was a better chess piece to leave on the board. People looking out for RVs. Do any other villages want to come forward and confirm that they knew “obviously” who she turned out to be?

But let’s look at it another way. If it was obvious to you that Isla was who she ended up being, then you think the wolves definitely knew it aswell. And chose her as their token sacrifice? To go after a RV that they knew was an RV who was effectively an NRV but they had “broadcasted” who they were on thread?! You don’t think one wolf would say “maybe we should stay clear of Isla as they aren’t really an RV anynore and if we saw this obvious clue that they are the executioner on thread then you can bet some other villagers saw it”.

Derry, I know I'm not getting enough sleep right now, but I just can't make head nor tail of your second paragraph. :(

I don't think wolves killed Isla, I think village killed Isla. I'm just trying to read back to find out why.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I get that way of thinking but even though she was essentially an NRV she was putting a lot of time into the game and was very helpful with the post counts, FFAs and voting results. A couple of people accused her of “helping like a wolf would” when she did this. I’m going to go back tomorrow and find out who it was. I’ll start my list there

• Advertisement

Well Conor and Angus think it was obvious and if they think it was obvious then surely at least one wolf made that connection? And if one wolf made that connection then all wolves made that connection. I’d love it if something this trivial has tripped up Angus and Conor. I could die tomorrow happy if this ends up being the case.

So first we lynch someone who soft-claimed on thread, and now we're lynching people for reading the thread.

Go Team Village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

it is a peculiar game alright nothing makes sense

Jake WW wrote: »

I seen it last night as did a few others tbh
    Fairly clear who that is no? Or am I being an ass making assumptions

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Who do y think?

It's not Isla

Interesting Babs, how did you know it wasn't Isla, when it was!
    Really? Well only two people voted for Doris, I'd presume a good role would have voted for the person they intended to switch to aswell

Wolves took Riona cause they were role hunting, simple as that, Isla was essentially an NRV so why kill her, especially when the village will do it ****ing for ya

What struck me today was how she announced she was injured and her special powers weren't working but I never thought she was the executioner. She was asked as far as I remember what they were but didn't answer at time. Could she have revealed then her role?

I’d love it if something this trivial has tripped up Angus and Conor. I could die tomorrow happy if this ends up being the case.

FFS

Brendan WW wrote: »
    What struck me today was how she announced she was injured and her special powers weren't working but I never thought she was the executioner. She was asked as far as I remember what they were but didn't answer at time. Could she have revealed then her role?

I think she was fishing for tomorrow's munch tbh with those posts

Maybe but it seemed to catch peoples attention maybe irk them. then her late reveal and her belief she was going despite me tbh having highest ffa i think or joint highest

My head is gone, I literally trust fecking no one, I need sleep :(

Thing is Barbara tried to swing people from Orla and Liam asked her who she thought was more wolfy but never answered but was also happy to go along with a policy lynch on Orla

Im sitting here with 4 windows open on this game trying to follow present look t past and search at sme time while finally making a list of events.I get why ye need spreadsheet as you say mind melting

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I seen it last night as did a few others tbh

Interesting Babs, how did you know it wasn't Isla, when it was!

Wolves took Riona cause they were role hunting, simple as that, Isla was essentially an NRV so why kill her, especially when the village will do it ****ing for ya

I clarified that last night. I said I didn't think it was.

Holly WW wrote: »
    I get that way of thinking but even though she was essentially an NRV she was putting a lot of time into the game and was very helpful with the post counts, FFAs and voting results. A couple of people accused her of “helping like a wolf would” when she did this. I’m going to go back tomorrow and find out who it was. I’ll start my list there

This is the problem. I’ve seen wolves win games by being very helpful “villagers” and because the village misinterpreted a game rule that allowed a wolf to use that rule to defend themselves for the entire game
    Angus WW wrote: »
    So first we lynch someone who soft-claimed on thread, and now we're lynching people for reading the thread.

Go Team Village.

Nobody is lynching anybody yet. My point was that I didn’t find it obvious but if it was to some then it most likely was obvious to wolves so voting for Isla was a More dangerous choice.

2 people voted for Isla after me and I didn’t vote until around 8:53 as I confirmed on thread. I gave people a chance to jump on Isla by announcing it on thread at that time. I think Katie and Brendan (last to vote) were after me.

What’s funny thinking back is that Brendan said to me

Derry i will let you into a little secret

I dont know if you know but SSSHHHHH this is a game so Im not going to get my knickers in a twist over possibly being for the chop SSSSHHHHH

Which suggested he wasn’t worried at all. But yet he voted last for Isla , with only a few mins on the clock. So Brendan, what power of Christ compelled you to vote Isla so late ? Kinda panicky for a person who doesn’t like to get their knickers in a twist.

Im sitting here with 4 windows open on this game trying to follow present look t past and search at sme time while finally making a list of events.I get why ye need spreadsheet as you say mind melting

I've never used spreadsheets really, vast majority is phone posting which limits you somewhat.

Just realised I'm gonna miss the competition tomorrow too :( Busy day for me tomorrow so limited posting till the evening I reckon. I'm out for a while, definitely this time

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Thing is Barbara tried to swing people from Orla and Liam asked her who she thought was more wolfy but never answered but was also happy to go along with a policy lynch on Orla

I did answer that previously. Twice in fact. Anyone would have been better than Orla.
    I was happy to go along til it was pointed out what it meant.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I clarified that last night. I said I didn't think it was.

Well it's was quite a definitive statement tbh

Its not Isla does not equal l don't think it's Isla

Also Riona post 41 quoted Isla and huge writing wrote warning lie detected and got bumped off. Did she figure early in game who Isla was

I think she was fishing for tomorrow's munch tbh with those posts

So you think Isla didn’t think it was obvious she had said stuff that made her obviously look like the executioners? There’s no sarcasm in that post, honest question. Although it does read as sarcastic, not intended, just trying to understand your viewpoint on this.

Also Riona post 41 quoted Isla and huge writing wrote warning lie detected and got bumped off. Did she figure early in game who Isla was

Don't think so, I think it was a joke that she replied too

ahh ok

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote: »
    Munch first at 10am tomorrow.

Watching expendables 1. Its very realistic.

Riona WW wrote: »
    WARNING *** Lie detected. ***

Yeah I think it was in reference to the realistic bit

Advertisement