Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,244 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I don’t think it hurts them that much, with the way the voting system works if someone was inclined to vote for one chances are the other two are probably their 2 and 3 preference anyhow so theoretically they get to run three candidates and allow the strongest of those to try and get elected without all of them tripping each other up. Although when talking about voting with some friends I notice a lot of people don’t fill out even half as much of the ballot as they ought too.
    Ah yeah you could be right, who knows.
    I always preference all the way down and leave the one or two I really dislike as no numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

The problem with the likes of Gemma O'Doherty, Peter Casey and all the other media types turned wannabe politician is they can put themselves about and gain a following with views based on racism and/or conspiracy theories. Gemma is definitely not alone in all this. Donald Trump seems to co with any old conspiracy theory that suits. The only one he didn't use was the moon landings were fake one because it does not suit him.

While we think we are more 'mature' here than over there, think again! I was visited by some anti-renewable energy candidates in the run up to the local elections and their views were insane. And Gemma is even more extreme still in her CT inspired views. But as long as people of the mentality of we will vote for her because she is a wellknown media personality, then these types will not be going away unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

The problem with the likes of Gemma O'Doherty, Peter Casey and all the other media types turned wannabe politician is they can put themselves about and gain a following with views based on racism and/or conspiracy theories. Gemma is definitely not alone in all this. Donald Trump seems to co with any old conspiracy theory that suits. The only one he didn't use was the moon landings were fake one because it does not suit him.

While we think we are more 'mature' here than over there, think again! I was visited by some anti-renewable energy candidates in the run up to the local elections and their views were insane. And Gemma is even more extreme still in her CT inspired views. But as long as people of the mentality of we will vote for her because she is a wellknown media personality, then these types will not be going away unfortunately.

Nah I think Gemma’s name is basically dirt to those who recognize her now, I don’t think you’ll have anyone voting for her who remembers her as Irish times journalist Gemma o Doherty. she couldn’t even get on the presidency ballot on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

they had the entire thing set up, they told the guy to go there early, show up early themselves to photograph him, then hold on to the material so when people call it a setup that they go 'well here he is earlier' . Theres more photos of that guy before the event than any other participant, bit weird if they didn't even know he was going to do 'the salute'

Nope it wasn't the guy wasn't the only one who was making nazi salutes, one of the others photographed is a charming individual who was identified as a former drug dealer who did time for lobbing someones hand off with a sword back in 2009. Charming bunch the whole lot of them.

Now if someone tells me that "naziboy" was a plant then he had balls of steel to stand around with that bunch before and after the protest ended. The eejits let the veil slip and showed their true colours and the whole "plant" drama is mental gymnastics cause they looked bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I see the Nazis were out in full force at the hurling yesterday

• Advertisement

And that was a great speech by Justin Barrett lots of truth bombs in there

• Registered Users Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Stephen15 wrote: »

Would you care to summarize them truth bombs for people who dont want\have the time to watch the video?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well that explains where she’s getting the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I dont even think renua is a right fit, theyre economic conservatives who happen to be pro life, not quite the same as these lot.

It might seem like that at first but when you look at their social media output in the last year or so they have taken a turn far right including being pro Gemma, anti EU, anti immigratiin

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,986 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Overheal wrote: »
    Well that explains where she’s getting the money.

Selling plants?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

they had the entire thing set up, they told the guy to go there early, show up early themselves to photograph him, then hold on to the material so when people call it a setup that they go 'well here he is earlier' . Theres more photos of that guy before the event than any other participant, bit weird if they didn't even know he was going to do 'the salute'

https://twitter.com/73Eschaef/status/1163179824225169410?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I actually couldn't bear to watch it - hated the sound of his voice; irritating, puffed-up little bantam-cock of a man. So the above reassures me I didn't miss anything worth knowing.

davedanon wrote: »
    I actually couldn't bear to watch it - hated the sound of his voice; irritating, puffed-up little bantam-cock of a man. So the above reassures me I didn't miss anything worth knowing.
    Any wonder his wife wanted a divorce....
    Oh thats something Justin did a U-turn in his opinions on, vile little bigot that he is.

gmisk wrote: »
    Any wonder his wife wanted a divorce....
    Oh thats something Justin did a U-turn in his opinions on, vile little bigot that he is.

That's frequently the thing about reactionary, repressive types. The rules only apply to 'other people'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Just more free publicity for her. She's playing them like a fiddle.

Just more free publicity for her. She's playing them like a fiddle.
    You could be right.
    Or it could all end with Gemma screaming into the void on her very popular myspace/geocities/bebo pages as she has been banned off everything else because of her vile oul sh#te.

batgoat wrote: »

What the ****. Is he aware that Hazel Chu is Irish born? In other words, she's Irish. She looks different so he has an issue. Absolutely mind blowing ignorance.

What the ****. Is he aware that Hazel Chu is Irish born? In other words, she's Irish. She looks different so he has an issue. Absolutely mind blowing ignorance.
    White = Irish
    Non-white = foreigner
    That seems to be the level of intelligence your dealing with zzz.
    He comes across totally pished!
    He hasnt so much as won a raffle never mind a seat, so maybe thats why he is annoyed?

That voice...jesus.....are him and Gemma in a comp for the most irritating voice in ireland
    (Theres a tv show for you...)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He is aware of it yes but he saying that when they get into power (lol) they'll change that.

"When we have the law in our own hands and we can change that".

Meaning stripping "non ancestral" citizens of their citizenship.

I wonder how far back through ancestry he wants to go. Hes a mad little fella. Like a Father Ted character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

don't know why you're throwing Peter Casey in there, what that man said had nothing to do with conspiracy theories and was just accurate and in no way racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

davedanon wrote: »

one of the few things she said thats right (stopped clock and all that) , the hijab is oppression and should be burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

The Nal wrote: »
    He is aware of it yes but he saying that when they get into power (lol) they'll change that.

I wonder how far back through ancestry he wants to go. Hes a mad little fella. Like a Father Ted character.

That last bit made me laugh. He's like a bizarre caricature of an Irish neo nazi.

The Nal wrote: »

Only people who originated from the African planes may take office

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I remember looking at one of her videos a few weeks ago and going how could this get any crazier. Then Justin Barrett appeared. Case Closed.

one of the few things she said thats right (stopped clock and all that) , the hijab is oppression and should be burned.

Not really. It's an expression of her Islamophobia, not feminism.

He said Ireland is not her annestoral homeland which is a fact never said she wasn't Irish

He said Ireland is not her annestoral homeland which is a fact never saud she wasn't Irish

What's your ancestral homeland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

He said Ireland is not her annestoral homeland which is a fact never saud she wasn't Irish

You really should review what you write.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

You know things have really sunk to new lows when you agree to be 'interviewed' by a notorious far right wing ultra-Loyalist extremist nut like David Vance! :D

https://www.altnewsmedia.net/video/censored-the-gemma-odoherty-interview/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement