Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What's your ancestral homeland?

I always thought i was Irish but now Gemma and justin have pointed out i'm an anglo - saxon and therefore cannot say "I or we" in relation to the famine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭tigger123

I always thought i was Irish but now Gemma and justin have pointed out i'm an anglo - saxon and therefore cannot say "I or we" in relation to the famine.

Who gets to say "we" in relation to the famine then?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I see Gemmas supporters are harassing Fiona O'Leary again

https://www.thesun.ie/news/4458820/fiona-o-leary-cork-hate-campaign-right-wing-gardai/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,659 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

tigger123 wrote: »

Anyone born here before 1845. Anyone born here after isn't Irish and will have their citizenship revoked by Justin Barrett.

Barrett however, is an English surname so his ancestry needs looking at to see if he even qualifies as Irish himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

But it's ok that Fiona O'Leary was harrassing Ben Gilroy and Vincent Byrne?

• Advertisement

Stephen15 wrote: »
    But it's ok that Fiona O'Leary was harrassing Ben Gilroy and Vincent Byrne?

You didn't answer Party Jungles earlier question; where's your ancestral homeland?

Was your family here before 1845?

You didn't answer Party Jungles earlier question; where's your ancestral homeland?

Was your family here before 1845?

We can go back further. The Irish started leaving after the 1740 famine and basically hasn't stopped since. A higer percentage left during that famine that the next one.

People in Dublin can't say "we" about Dublin if your ancestors weren't born here before 988.

Stephen can you please allay our fears on this one regarding your own ethnicity as your words would be highly hypocritical failing a full ancestral disclosure from yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ah but what if you’re still part British? Some plantation owner dipped his company ink? What’s your ancestry then?

Overheal wrote: »
    Ah but what if you’re still part British? Some plantation owner dipped his company ink? What’s your ancestry then?

Your ancestry is Rangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Your ancestry is Rangers.

And you must be referred to as a 'Tan'

• Advertisement

Approx 4 families?

Approx 4 families?

Not liking the look of our international football team after Justin Barret gets into power.

We're gonna be woeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,397 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Approx 4 families?

Stephen15 is English anyway. Where is Stiofán15 he's the Irish lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

one of the few things she said thats right (stopped clock and all that) , the hijab is oppression and should be burned.

You're presumably delighted to see this kind of assault happening on the streets.

https://twitter.com/BreadShaped/status/1163611445696847876?s=19

Should nuns habits be burned too?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Stephen15 is English anyway. Where is Stiofán15 he's the Irish lad.

It's not my real name

It's not my real name

Your username shows your hatred for any Irish ancestry you have. You traitor.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Your username shoes your hatred for any Irish ancestry you have. You traitor.

Can't say much Johnson is an English surname

Not liking the look of our international football team after Justin Barret gets into power.

We're gonna be woeful!

limited to Oneill's , O carolls, murphy's Otooles and o'byrnes etc!

oh and they must be from the west of ireland,,,,that rules out the possibility of contamination from vikings/protestants etc

You never answered the earlier question about your own ancestry.

I don't mean to be harping on at you, but surely you know your own, and would be willing to share.

My family is approx 65 percent Irish, 10 percent Scotch and about 25 percent English. There's some Mediterranean in there too. My parents had one of those genetic tests done for the craic.

What's yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You're presumably delighted to see this kind of assault happening on the streets.

https://twitter.com/BreadShaped/status/1163611445696847876?s=19

Should nuns habits be burned too?

How me calling the hijab oppressive jumps to me advocating assaulting women is a level of mental gymnastics I don't want to comprehend.

the habit is a uniform for a job/vocation that nuns choose, if ordinary catholic women were forced to wear habits then I would agree.

The hijab is oppression, hijabs should be burned, does that mean they should be ripped off women by force - no, nobody is advocating for that.

• Advertisement

How me calling the hijab oppressive jumps to me advocating assaulting women is a level of mental gymnastics I don't want to comprehend.

the habit is a uniform for a job/vocation that nuns choose, if ordinary catholic women were forced to wear habits then I would agree.

The hijab is oppression, hijabs should be burned, does that mean they should be ripped off women by force - no, nobody is advocating for that.

Forget me too. The women that burn their hijabs in predominantly Islamic countries are the true feminists. These are women who are truly being oppressed.

limited to Oneill's , O carolls, murphy's Otooles and o'byrnes etc!

oh and they must be from the west of ireland,,,,that rules out the possibility of contamination from vikings/protestants etc

But rules in the possibility of the filthy Spaniards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You didn't "call it oppressive", you said it should be burned. So the lads on the street are putting your suggestion into action. Congrats on achieving your sick objective of bullying women and teenage girls about their clothing.

BTW, Muslim women choose the hijab, just like the nuns choose the habit. Your prejudice is shining through clearly for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

You never answered the earlier question about your own ancestry.

I don't mean to be harping on at you, but surely you know your own, and would be willing to share.

My family is approx 65 percent Irish, 10 percent Scotch and about 25 percent English. There's some Mediterranean in there too. My parents had one of those genetic tests done for the craic.

What's yours?

My SCOTTISH ancestral bones just winced reading this

I'm capable of recognising being Irish is more than just being white or the ancient ancestry of a family. You must hate yourself and Ireland. #traitor #epstein

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

You didn't "call it oppressive", you said it should be burned. So the lads on the street are putting your suggestion into action. Congrats on achieving your sick objective of bullying women and teenage girls about their clothing.

BTW, Muslim women choose the hijab, just like the nuns choose the habit. Your prejudice is shining through clearly for all.

talk to a muslim woman in a western country about the hijab, you'd be surprised how many ditch the thing while away at college etc.. and only put it on when their mother is around, its a generational oppression thing by women against women.

talk to a muslim woman in a western country about the hijab, you'd be surprised how many ditch the thing while away at college etc.. and only put it on when their mother is around, its a generational oppression thing by women against women.
    Where were the mothers in that clip?

Do you think those teens were liberating them with the power of eggs? Or is it another plant like NaziBoy?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

10% scotch sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

They do?

800px-Map3.10RequiredDressCodesforWomen_compressed.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It’s not his real name, Herr Istanbul;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement