Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

talk to a muslim woman in a western country about the hijab, you'd be surprised how many ditch the thing while away at college etc.. and only put it on when their mother is around, its a generational oppression thing by women against women.

talk to them or wrestle it off their head ? My supreme ruler gemma suggested the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

How me calling the hijab oppressive jumps to me advocating assaulting women is a level of mental gymnastics I don't want to comprehend.

the habit is a uniform for a job/vocation that nuns choose, if ordinary catholic women were forced to wear habits then I would agree.

The hijab is oppression, hijabs should be burned, does that mean they should be ripped off women by force - no, nobody is advocating for that.
    Then what the **** do you call that?

You can’t be that ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

talk to a muslim woman in a western country about the hijab, you'd be surprised how many ditch the thing while away at college etc.. and only put it on when their mother is around, its a generational oppression thing by women against women.

If someone chooses to put on their hijab in the morning, so be it. If they choose to not wear their hijab, so be it. If they choose to burn their own hijab, so be it.

But you and Gemma riling people up to burn other people's hijabs are on the hook for assaults like this. This is down to you. Own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If someone chooses to put on their hijab in the morning, so be it. If they choose to not wear their hijab, so be it. If they choose to burn their own hijab, so be it.

But you and Gemma riling people up to burn other people's hijabs are on the hook for assaults like this. This is down to you. Own it.

that sums it all up really!

markodaly wrote: »
    They do?

800px-Map3.10RequiredDressCodesforWomen_compressed.jpg

What colour is Ireland on your map Mark?

• Advertisement

Eric Cartman is endorsing violence. No two ways about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

What colour is Ireland on your map Mark?

Is the scope of this discussion purely focused on Ireland?

I thought there were Muslim women in these other countries also?

So then you’re calling for a crusade to burn hijabs the world over? What?

Overheal wrote: »
    So then you’re calling for a crusade to burn hijabs the world over? What?

Are you taking the piss? I said no such thing.

Are you taking the piss? I said no such thing.

Then why were Gems is concerned are we discussing hijabs in the Middle East

• Advertisement

I wonder do other cultures think its bizarre when we wear uncomfortable ties around our necks everyday

What does the I in ACI stand for again Mark?

Gemma's rants are targeted at Ireland. The video above was shot in Dublin.

Thanks for confirming that Muslim women here choose to wear their hijabs, while Eric and Gemma exhort people to attack them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Eric Cartman is endorsing violence. No two ways about it.

I have condemned this completely, nobody is advocating for what that video showed, thats a fact. The mental gymnastics youre playing with here are shameful

Then why were Gems is concerned are we discussing hijabs in the Middle East

Is your account hacked as you are not making sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Just more free publicity for her. She's playing them like a fiddle.

Yeah her dismal election results and her status as a figure of pity and ridicule for all but a handful of followers is a real masterclass.

Is your account hacked as you are not making sense.

Which part did your education fail you at?

I have condemned this completely, nobody is advocating for what that video showed, thats a fact. The mental gymnastics youre playing with here are shameful

You said hijabs should be burned. Are you going to tell us now that you meant people to politely ask Muslim women and girls to hand over their hijabs for burning? Who do you think you're kidding?

What does the I in ACI stand for again Mark?

Gemma's rants are targeted at Ireland. The video above was shot in Dublin.

Thanks for confirming that Muslim women here choose to wear their hijabs, while Eric and Gemma exhort people to attack them.

Perhaps you should qualify your remarks then, as they can come across as pretty ignorant.

Regards Muslim women free to or not to wear the hijab in Ireland or Europe, well it really depends on the situation as there have been many document cases in the UK, where women were assaulted because their family took it upon themselves to enforce a type of Sharia Law.

In other words, it's complicated. But seeing as this forum is more about shouting at each other than having a reasonable discussion ill leave you at it.

Perhaps you should qualify your remarks then, as they can come across as pretty ignorant.

Regards Muslim women free to or not to wear the hijab in Ireland or Europe, well it really depends on the situation as there have been many document cases in the UK, where women were assaulted because their family took it upon themselves to enforce a type of Sharia Law.

In other words, it's complicated. But seeing as this forum is more about shouting at each other than having a reasonable discussion ill leave you at it.

You posted the map Mark. Are you now arguing with the map you posted?

Which part did your education fail you at?

I have no idea what you are on.

Is this the same Overheal that is normally reasonable and polite over in the Politics forum?

Either you are taking the piss, or your little cousin is posting for you.

• Advertisement

Im not on the hook for anything. Islam os a cancer, judaism is a cancer, catholacism is a cancer, all of these belief systems and the structures imposed to oppress women are a cancer , be it eastern orthodox women wearing a veil or muslim women wearing a hijab, most in western society choose not to wear these things because of the freedoms afforded to them, many who do wear them is from pressure or even threats of violence in their own homes and communities, nobody is adovcating for ribbing a hijab off a woman but I sure as hell advocate for ripping apart the structures and beliefs that instruct women to do so.

You posted the map Mark. Are you now arguing with the map you posted?

Yes, I posted the map to disprove that Muslim women 'choose' to wear the hijab.

Now, if you said, Irish Muslim women it would have been a different story as you qualified your remarks.

I have no idea what you are on.

Is this the same Overheal that is normally reasonable and polite over in the Politics forum?

Either you are taking the piss, or your little cousin is posting for you.
    I’m just wondering why you are having such difficulty trying to explain why hijabs in countries beside Ireland is relevant to this topic.

I’m just wondering why you are having such difficulty trying to explain why hijabs in countries beside Ireland is relevant to this topic.

See post above.

Talk to Andrew about his poor choice of words.

Now, if you said, Irish Muslim women it would have been a different story as you qualified your remarks.

It’s in a thread about an Irish topic :rolleyes:

Im not on the hook for anything. Islam os a cancer, judaism is a cancer, catholacism is a cancer, all of these belief systems and the structures imposed to oppress women are a cancer , be it eastern orthodox women wearing a veil or muslim women wearing a hijab, most in western society choose not to wear these things because of the freedoms afforded to them, many who do wear them is from pressure or even threats of violence in their own homes and communities, nobody is adovcating for ribbing a hijab off a woman but I sure as hell advocate for ripping apart the structures and beliefs that instruct women to do so.

So... violence.

So... violence.

If you think in Ireland that a considerable amount of muslim women are wearing hijabs or burkahs by absolute freedom of choice then youre mad mate, condemnation in the muslim community and their own family pressures are what keeps them doing so. We as a nation worked so hard to destory the same societal pressures and opressive values instilled by the catholic church and now people like you are giving the muslim community a free pass to continue the same (if not worse) on their community here.

So... violence.
    Just because you advocate violence to solve problems ala antifa / paul murphy does not mean I do, you can rip apart toxic structures and beliefs through education and condemnation, thats what I believe in

• Advertisement

And Google is an American Corporation and Islam is not a traditional Irish religion.

Are you really trying to be obnoxious and obtuse?

You know the score, debate ebbs and flows. If someone makes an unqualified statement about Muslim women having the choice to wear the hijab, then it's not unreasonable for someone to butt in and remind them about the 100's of millions of women in the world who have no choice.

If you get butt hurt about that, then so be it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement