Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Blueshoe wrote: »
    For being racist? Why not?

Your point right now, makes zero sense. I am not okay with throwing a person out because they're a traveller. If they engage in hate speech or cause a general nuisance in a pub, it's perfectly fine to throw them out. What is so challenging to you about that?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

batgoat wrote: »
    Your point right now, makes zero sense. I am not okay with throwing a person out because they're a traveller. If they engage in hate speech or cause a general nuisance in a pub, it's perfectly fine to throw them out. What is so challenging to you about that?

That's what I mean. If you threw a traveller out for being racist you would be the one in trouble for picking on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

would you agree with throwing a bunch of travellers out if they all kicked off or if one of them kicked off ?

That's what I mean. If you threw a traveller out for being racist you would be the one in trouble for picking on them.

You really wouldn't be... You really seem to be trying to move this into other groups of people that you hold bigoted views about.
    would you agree with throwing a bunch of travellers out if they all kicked off or if one of them kicked off ?

Yes... Do you think these are groundbreaking questions? You're point was stupid, a pub would be perfectly free to throw Gemma out if she used the pub to spout the ****e that she does.

You really wouldn't be... You really seem to be trying to move this into other groups of people that you hold bigoted views about.

What? Come on now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

No

Well it's no wonder a lot of people on the right accuse people on the left of not being willing to enter a debate it must be people like you they are talking about who say something then refuse point blank to say something to back it up. Well done now you've just made your point completely invalid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,676 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

https://twitter.com/DrUmarAlQadri/status/1163364479863861248

tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_400.gif

Also, this could go to court. Telling people to cover their faces up with Irish flags, shades and baseball hats (which some of them did :rolleyes:) but in the same sentence telling them not to use hijabs but instead to burn hijabs. Both methods cover your face, do the exact same thing. :)

Cut and dry. She could be in a lot of trouble. Careless from Gem Gems.

https://twitter.com/noelsutton/status/1162428373869707265

Oooh ooh, and

Gems has managed to bring the Catholic and Muslim populations closer together. She is creating her idea of hell - unity! lol.

https://twitter.com/DrUmarAlQadri/status/1163473640287035392

The Nal wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DrUmarAlQadri/status/1163364479863861248

tumblr_mc3hg5VpQP1qcy0p7o1_400.gif

Also, this could go to court. Telling people to cover their faces up with Irish flags, shades and baseball hats (which some of them did :rolleyes:) but in the same sentence telling them not to use hijabs but instead to burn hijabs. Both methods cover your face, do the exact same thing. :)

Cut and dry. She could be in a lot of trouble. Careless from Gem Gems.

https://twitter.com/noelsutton/status/1162428373869707265

I think her supporters covering their faces is a good idea.

I think her supporters covering their faces is a good idea.

Yeah that worked out well for them

ECHDo2f-Ws-AIEh-PG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82,268 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does this go back to your shyte analogy?

YouTube banned a dickhead for breaching their TOC - twice. They didn’t then kick off every likeminded moron on YouTube. Hence: s h y t e analogy

• Advertisement

Yeah that worked out well for them

ECHDo2f-Ws-AIEh-PG.jpg

She got 10 k votes or so in Dublin that time. She also has support around the country. A handful have been exposed.

Your picture above tells why they should cover their faces from the start

She got 10 k votes or so in Dublin that time. She also has support around the country. A handful have been exposed.

She campaigned heavily, paid for ads on the side of buses and still only got 1.8% of the vote.

She's a total loser and so is that berk in the photo.

So like you support Niqabs?

She campaigned heavily, paid for ads on the side of buses and still only got 1.8% of the vote.

She's a total loser and so is that berk in the photo.

Total loser. A fruitcake too.

Overheal wrote: »
    So like you support Niqabs?

Of course. Wear what you want. Nobody should say different.
    None of us own the planet. We are just passing through.

Of course. Wear what you want. Nobody should say different.
    None of us own the planet. We are just passing through.

So you would never burn a hijab or endorse that enterprise in any form?

Overheal wrote: »
    So you would never burn a hijab or endorse that enterprise in any form?

Why would I burn a hijab? The hijab did nothing to me.
    I wouldn't endorse it either.

Because I said it's a good idea for o Doherty supporters to cover their faces I automatically agree with her. That's how it works. People are either in group a or B. There are only 2 opinions. One is right the other wrong.
    Yeah ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Gemma got 6659 first preferences followed by distribution of transfers on subsequent counts:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_(European_Parliament_constituency)#2019_election

Thats not the same as 10K votes.

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Gemma got 6659 first preferences followed by distribution of transfers on subsequent counts:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_(European_Parliament_constituency)#2019_election

Thats not the same as 10K votes.

Oh ok. She still has support in Dublin and around the country though.
    She has 31k twitter followers.

Masking up is a good idea.

Like Trump who has over 60 million followers, sometimes people follow for a laugh or just to see the lunacy. A follow does not make them a follower...

• Advertisement

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Like Trump who has over 60 million followers, sometimes people follow for a laugh or just to see the lunacy. A follow does not make them a follower...

62 million voted for him in the election. With only a 59% turnout. Many people around the world support trump im sure.
    Cant see why he wouldn't have that many followers. He gets hundreds of thousands of likes for some posts.

What do you want me to say? Gemma o Doherty has only 8 real followers. The rest are people who don't actually like her. They just love the craic.
    Happy now.

Maybe it's the Russian bots.

Stop the lights

Do you follow her?

Anyway masking up is a good idea.

62 million voted for him in the election. With only a 59% turnout. Many people around the world support trump im sure.
    Cant see why he wouldn't have that many followers. He gets hundreds of thousands of likes for some posts.

What do you want me to say? Gemma o Doherty has only 8 real followers. The rest are people who don't actually like her. They just love the craic.
    Happy now.

Stop the lights

Do you follow her?
    You're dramatically overestimating the level of supporters she has. I'd take a look at her protests for a rough guide.

Happy now.

Stop the lights

Do you follow her?

Anyway masking up is a good idea.

She had about 8 out today for her at google, 12 at peak maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

She probably does but she has stated herself most are American. And I know a lot of Irish ones follow her social media but they might be following for comedy value or they are opposed to her but monitor.

Whats your point anyway?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 28,924 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Stephen15 wrote: »
    That image was a set up guy wasn't even part of the protest

Even when he was chatting to GemGem's other supporters for 45 minutes beforehand, on video?

You don't seem to understand how anti-discrimination legislation works here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Yeah I don’t think Gemma has much support even from those on the further right of the spectrum her protests have shown this. The woman is just too unhinged for reasonable people to stick their own neck out in supporting her even if they agree with some of the stuff she says, even at that she’s gone so far to the right so fast and from being in a place of irrelevance that it’s hard to see those opinions being genuine and not just a ploy to get into the spotlight after seeing some of the election results on the continent.

She probably does but she has stated herself most are American. And I know a lot of Irish ones follow her social media but they might be following for comedy value or they are opposed to her but monitor.

Whats your point anyway?

You will have to read back a couple of pages if you want to see my point. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41,055 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You will have to read back a couple of pages if you want to see my point. Thanks

Fair enough. Not willing to engage.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Fair enough. Not willing to engage.

I'm not going to rewrite comments and replies for your benefit Joey. Let's be realistic here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,281 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Even when he was chatting to GemGem's other supporters for 45 minutes beforehand, on video?

You don't seem to understand how anti-discrimination legislation works here.

that the 'counter protestors' were there to record that 45 minutes and took way more photos of the 'nazi' than anyone else , says it all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement