Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

that the 'counter protestors' were there to record that 45 minutes and took way more photos of the 'nazi' than anyone else , says it all.

Says what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I'm not going to rewrite comments and replies for your benefit Joey. Let's be realistic here.

Yeah thanks. I have read all of the thread. Your actual point is not clear.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Overheal wrote: »
    Says what exactly?

they had the entire thing set up, they told the guy to go there early, show up early themselves to photograph him, then hold on to the material so when people call it a setup that they go 'well here he is earlier' . Theres more photos of that guy before the event than any other participant, bit weird if they didn't even know he was going to do 'the salute'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Is anyone aware if the person doing the salute was there any other day then the one he was photographed on? Would help wrap this debate up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Yeah thanks. I have read all of the thread. Your actual point is not clear.

2,343 posts. Ok yeah you did.

For your benefit Joey.

* O Doherty is mad
    * Burning Hijabs isn't good
    * Gemma has lots of supporters
    *Hiding their faces is a good idea for them

• Advertisement

Is anyone aware if the person doing the salute was there any other day then the one he was photographed on? Would help wrap this debate up.

The high horse doxxing squad hasn’t been able to name him , even people involved int the ‘right’ side of the protest have been asking who he was on twitter, ive never seen any evidence of the guy before , they have more clear photos of him than anyone else, theres the video with the photographer sognalling him .

This unknown guy surrounded by ‘friends’ whos never been seen before just decides that going front and centre doing a salute that nobody else had done prior is a class idea , let everyone photograph it and that side who milkshake people for the craic don’t do anything to him or follow him either. Doesnt line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

The high horse doxxing squad hasn’t been able to name him , even people involved int the ‘right’ side of the protest have been asking who he was on twitter, ive never seen any evidence of the guy before , they have more clear photos of him than anyone else, theres the video with the photographer sognalling him .

This unknown guy surrounded by ‘friends’ whos never been seen before just decides that going front and centre doing a salute that nobody else had done prior is a class idea , let everyone photograph it and that side who milkshake people for the craic don’t do anything to him or follow him either. Doesnt line up.

Leaving aside whether he is or isn't part of her group it does not take away an ounce of the vitriol she has dolled out over the past few years. How about explaining away that?

It's fascinating how you try to paint Speakers Unicorner as all violent antifa style doxxers. Thats complete propaganda. They (speakers unicorner) are even actively asking people not to doxx Gemmas home or protest outside it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Leaving aside whether he is or isn't part of her group it does not take away an ounce of the vitriol she has dolled out over the past few years. How about explaining away that?

because we started with one mentally ill woman who's mad for conspiracy theories, some racist, some just obscure. then we added in some fans of hers. Then it snowballed to unconfirmed sightings of 'super racist' justin barrett and a plant throwing around salutes.

This entire event has been one nutter woman and her agenda, rolled up into 'the rise of nazi'ism in Ireland' which is blown completely out of proportion.

because we started with one mentally ill woman who's mad for conspiracy theories, some racist, some just obscure. then we added in some fans of hers. Then it snowballed to unconfirmed sightings of 'super racist' justin barrett and a plant throwing around salutes.

This entire event has been one nutter woman and her agenda, rolled up into 'the rise of nazi'ism in Ireland' which is blown completely out of proportion.

You seem to have missed the parts where she did numerous youtube videos with Justin Barrett and James Reynolds. And also the very much confirmed videos of Justin Barrett at Barrow Street.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

You seem to have missed the parts where she did numerous youtube videos with Justin Barrett and James Reynolds. And also the very much confirmed videos of Justin Barrett at Barrow Street.

Yes I'm confused on that claim about Barrett, he's been in her YouTube channel in past as well. They're good buddies by looks of things. Cartman seems to be going the conspiracy route for the sake of pretending some non bat**** far right exists in Ireland.

where are the videos of barrett at barrow st ? not being obtuse, I just havent seen any evidence he was actually there.

Justin’s has been around quite a while now though I mean his presence is hardly that alarming is it?

where are the videos of barrett at barrow st ? not being obtuse, I just havent seen any evidence he was actually there.

He was there a few of the days I think.

Regardless of what side the chap was on, I find it unbelievable that he hasn't been identified yet.

Here you go

https://twitter.com/tvcritics/status/1161019483886096384?s=19

batgoat wrote: »
    Yes I'm confused on that claim about Barrett, he's been in her YouTube channel in past as well. They're good buddies by looks of things. Cartman seems to be going the conspiracy route for the sake of pretending some non bat**** far right exists in Ireland.

I know. I dont why Eric Caryman is now attempting to airbrush Justin Barrett out of the picture. Justin Barrett and Gemma O'Doherty have built a clear public alliance.

Terry Pratchet

batgoat wrote: »
    Here you go

Thats that one settled so cheers. People just like randomly claiming he's at events but I cant argue this one.

Thats that one settled so cheers. People just like randomly claiming he's at events but I cant argue this one.

Not only that, it also supports that the crowd were cheering on some pretty vile remarks...

I honestly don’t get the point of the alliance considering they both have their own parties, seems a bit odd.

• Advertisement

Terry Pratchet

Gemma must be one of the few people that Barrett feels tall standing next to... :P

I honestly don’t get the point of the alliance considering they both have their own parties, seems a bit odd.
    Ah its really trying to bring all the far right together. Grand Torino suggested sometime back bringing ACI, NP, Irexit, DDI (snd Renua I think) all together.

Terry Pratchet

Ah its really trying to bring all the far right together. Grand Torino suggested sometime back bringing ACI, NP, Irexit, DDI (snd Renua I think) all together.

Makes sense in a way but irexit and the national party have completely different views vis a vie Eu membership so that’d be kind of a non runner I’d image.

Makes sense in a way but irexit and the national party have completely different views vis a vie Eu membership so that’d be kind of a non runner I’d image.

I wouldnt have thought they did have different views to be honest.

Terry Pratchet

I wouldnt have thought they did have different views to be honest.

National party are pro Eu membership

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

National party are pro Eu membership
    True but they are eurosceptic, they also want to leave the Eurozone.
    I'd have thought clumping ACI, national party and renua into one is the only way they might actually get any seats tbh

gmisk wrote: »
    I'd have thought clumping ACI, national party and renua into one is the only way they might actually get any seats tbh

I dont even think renua is a right fit, theyre economic conservatives who happen to be pro life, not quite the same as these lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,403 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I dont even think renua is a right fit, theyre economic conservatives who happen to be pro life, not quite the same as these lot.
    Possibly not on some issues true, but they are polling below 1 percent I think themselves.

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »

I don’t think it hurts them that much, with the way the voting system works if someone was inclined to vote for one chances are the other two are probably their 2 and 3 preference anyhow so theoretically they get to run three candidates and allow the strongest of those to try and get elected without all of them tripping each other up. Although when talking about voting with some friends I notice a lot of people don’t fill out even half as much of the ballot as they ought too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement