Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gemma not taking enforced retirement too well

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,920 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

If you think in Ireland that a considerable amount of muslim women are wearing hijabs or burkahs by absolute freedom of choice then youre mad mate, condemnation in the muslim community and their own family pressures are what keeps them doing so. We as a nation worked so hard to destory the same societal pressures and opressive values instilled by the catholic church and now people like you are giving the muslim community a free pass to continue the same (if not worse) on their community here.

You should take that issue up with Mark. He posted the map showing that Irish women wear the hijab by choice.

Just because you advocate violence to solve problems ala antifa / paul murphy does not mean I do, you can rip apart toxic structures and beliefs through education and condemnation, thats what I believe in

You called for hijabs to burned. That is advocating for violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

markodaly wrote: »
    And Google is an American Corporation and Islam is not a traditional Irish religion.

Are you really trying to be obnoxious and obtuse?

You know the score, debate ebbs and flows. If someone makes an unqualified statement about Muslim women having the choice to wear the hijab, then it's not unreasonable for someone to butt in and remind them about the 100's of millions of women in the world who have no choice.

If you get butt hurt about that, then so be it.

The discussion is google and Islam In Ireland.....

If you think in Ireland that a considerable amount of muslim women are wearing hijabs or burkahs by absolute freedom of choice then youre mad mate, condemnation in the muslim community and their own family pressures are what keeps them doing so. We as a nation worked so hard to destory the same societal pressures and opressive values instilled by the catholic church and now people like you are giving the muslim community a free pass to continue the same (if not worse) on their community here.

YEAH! We need to work hard to condemn and destroy their societal pressures and oppressive values with our own self-righteous societal pressures. Mad brilliant that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Overheal wrote: »
    The discussion is google and Islam In Ireland.....

It is?

I thought it was about Gemma O'Doherty, who by reasonable assessment is suffering some mental breakdown in full view of the gazing public.

But yea, keep on telling people what they can and cannot discuss like a good back seat mod.

• Advertisement

It is?

I thought it was about Gemma O'Doherty, who by reasonable assessment is suffering some mental breakdown in full view of the gazing public.

But yea, keep on telling people what they can and cannot discuss like a good back seat mod.

So Mark, does your map show that Muslim women and girls in Ireland choose to wear their hijabs?

It is?

She’s Irish correct?

So Mark, does your map show that Muslim women and girls in Ireland choose to wear their hijabs?

Does it show Muslim women have a choice to wear the Hijab?

She’s Irish correct?

You are backseat modding?

You are backseat modding?

Are you?

• Advertisement

Are you?

No?

In Ireland they do, so what’s the beef?

No?

Then stop asking me dumb questions.

Then stop asking me dumb questions.

?

In Ireland they do, so what’s the beef?

I prefer pork myself.

?

You seem to be the one backseat modding chum:

“But yea, keep on telling people what they can and cannot discuss like a good back seat mod”

#irony

I prefer pork myself.

Ah a “drop”

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Just because you advocate violence to solve problems ala antifa / paul murphy does not mean I do, you can rip apart toxic structures and beliefs through education and condemnation, thats what I believe in

You called for hijabs to burned. That is advocating for violence.

Please explain how ? It would be like burning rubbish just because you want it gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

one of the few things she said thats right (stopped clock and all that) , the hijab is oppression and should be burned.

Anf tearing a womans clothes off in public and burning them is What?

Please explain how ? It would be like burning rubbish just because you want it gone.

Except that rubbish is already in your possession. Hijabs are not.

You can play all the word games you like, but you advocated for an outcome that inevitably involves violence. Now that you've seen the violence, you pretend that it's not what you wanted.

At least have the decency to own your prejudice.

• Advertisement

You really should have thought about it a bit harder before you posted the map showing that Muslim women and girls in Ireland choose to wear their hijabs.

Except that rubbish is already in your possession. Hijabs are not.

You can play all the word games you like, but you advocated for an outcome that inevitably involves violence. Now that you've seen the violence, you pretend that it's not what you wanted.

At least have the decency to own your prejudice.

Its not word games, I want muslim women to burn their own hijabs, reject the concept so theyre not around anymore. I have in no way advocated for the kind of interventionist crap youre peddling here, thats how the left deals with problems, I want to build structures that make muslim women feel safe to burn their own hijabs without fear of other muslims attacking them.

Its not word games, I want muslim women to burn their own hijabs, reject the concept so theyre not around anymore. I have in no way advocated for the kind of interventionist crap youre peddling here, thats how the left deals with problems, I want to build structures that make muslim women feel safe to burn their own hijabs without fear of other muslims attacking them.
    That’s the first time you used that qualifier. Why didn’t markofdaily call you out for not using a qualifier? Very strange

Gemma called on her supporters to burn any hijabs that they see. Not their own hijabs - any hijabs that they see. You said this was ; "one of the few things she said thats right".

You advocated for violence against Muslim women and girls, and now you've got, you're trying to weasel off and pretend that it's nothing to do with you.

A teenage girl was assaulted, thanks to the environment you created and advocated for.

That’s the first time you used that qualifier. Why didn’t markofdaily call you out for not using a qualifier? Very strange

The hijab is oppression, hijabs should be burned, does that mean they should be ripped off women by force - no, nobody is advocating for that.
    my second post on the issue, 4 pages ago.

Gemma called on her supporters to burn any hijabs that they see. Not their own hijabs - any hijabs that they see. You said this was ; "one of the few things she said thats right".

You advocated for violence against Muslim women and girls, and now you've got, you're trying to weasel off and pretend that it's nothing to do with you.

A teenage girl was assaulted, thanks to the environment you created and advocated for.

so suddenly Ive created this, not even Gemma, I never agreed with the 'any hijabs they see' , to jump to my anti islamic oppression views to 'you advocate attacking women' is lazy and sleazy.

one of the few things she said thats right (stopped clock and all that) , the hijab is oppression and should be burned.

This was your direct response to a news article where the opening paragraph is,

“A FORMAL COMPLAINT over Gemma O’Doherty saying to ‘burn any hijabs you see’ has been made to gardaí by a Dublin City councillor. ”

so suddenly Ive created this, not even Gemma, I never agreed with the 'any hijabs they see' , to jump to my anti islamic oppression views to 'you advocate attacking women' is lazy and sleazy.

You said "one of the few things that she got right".

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Eric Cartman is endorsing violence. No two ways about it.

On children, nonetheless.

However we’ve seen in the Greta thread that abuse and promoting harm towards a child is fair game and the mods clearly don’t give a ****e.

• Advertisement

You said "one of the few things that she got right".

when feminists advocated for the burning of bra's , do you think for one second that anyone played the mental gymnastics of "they mean run up to random women and burn their bra's "

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement