Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    A 1up as in your vote counted twice, or you starting with -1 as a tally? In that case, why wasn't Vernon lynched, instead of no-one?

A 1up means an extra life in terms of the theme

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Ah, okay. Lack of theme knowledge is my downfall again. Thanks. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

A munch has been blocked

kitten_k wrote: »
    A munch has been blocked

WOOHOO!!

Yay, good news!!!

• Advertisement

Nice one anyways, now we need to refocus.

Let's put the Phil issue on the backburner and have a look at other people.

I'm working today but in between stuff I've to do I'm going to run an ISO on a couple of players. I've already done Liam, if others wish to help out that's great.

Katie WW wrote: »
    christ, there were a lot of posts since i was last on. will try catch up this morning

Hi Katie, why no vote last night?

Ok so starting small.

Katie enters the thread with a casual post, grand, not alignment indicative.
    afternoon folks

She moves on to immediately focus on the crystals in her next two posts:
    reasing thru now. all standard with exception of those crystals

I'd disagree that a two thread game is standard but the set up on this planet (that we are allowed to talk about) is fairly normal.
    anyone any thoughts on the crystals and super sonic and super wario? i imagine it wont play a role until later, maybe a bullet or something

I find it strange she asked this question and never responded to a couple of replies, might go and find them in a minute. Then Katie disappears and doesn't register a vote. She comes back this morning....
    christ, there were a lot of posts since i was last on. will try catch up this morning

Ok a lot of posts, no explanation for missed vote. Some questions about the crystals, never responds to anyone replying. Some concerns, but I'm currently leaning disinterested villager on Katie tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Mod Announcement

Stay tuned for the Sonic The Hedgehog Challenge

Starting at 11am

So yeah, not as bountiful as I expected. Only Desmond directly responded to Katie and no reply to same.
    anyone any thoughts on the crystals and super sonic and super wario? i imagine it wont play a role until later, maybe a bullet or something
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    Probably related to this in the OP:
    Sonic the Hedgehog Challenge
    The Sonic the Hedgehog Challenge will take place on Monday at 11am; all players will be eligible to take part. More details will be announced Monday morning.

What's your reads so far Katie?

We now know this to be incorrect (or at least according to our Sonic claim anyways), but really it was all just speculation tbh. No response from Katie and the timeframe was relatively short in the response.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Munch blocked, thats unexpected. We don't have a BG so can't be that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I don't believe you seen how elaborate the tasking was...
    Really, go back and look again at the starting character of every line of the seven posts. That's 27 mini tasks! One very bold wolf.

cannot see how this is a task, and if it is, cant see anyone taking it on

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

cannot see how this is a task, and if it is, cant see anyone taking it on

I think you'll see when you finish reading back that Vernon has said a number of times that he made that task up.

Ok, Clodagh next. Clodagh enters with a fairly big post....

Right, caught up, it's been a long day!

It's been an interesting read, and at least not usual D0 fluff (it not being D0 and all certainly helps). I am a bit lost in the whole Angus/Vernon/Phil battle that's going on. And that's before we add in Mary and Desmond. I'd say that there's a good chance of there being a wolf in that lot (which isn't exactly rocket science, I grant you, since 30% are wolves here anyway and I've just named 50% of us).

I think I need to read back with a clearer head to make sense of who's defending who and who's accusing who here. In the mean time I think it'll be nearly lottery as to who I pick from that lot for lynch. Though with over two hours still to go there could be more info to be garnered. I've put a placeholder in anyway in case I fall asleep before time.

Confidence of a wolf in that lot gives me pause. You've just named half the players :pac: (Which granted, you point out, but why make a redundant statement like that. The Angus Vernon Phil thing I'd advise people to look at if Clodagh is a wolf at a later date. I have a thing about rule of 3 and grouping people together like that. I know I'm a villager, but I'm happy to be looked into regardless. Phil has claimed Sonic which leaves... Angus. But enough on that for now.

I also don't like the use of the word lottery, random voting for a lynch isn't a villager move, but anyways, we'll move on.
    Can somebody who knows more about Sonic explain the Emeralds things to me and why it looks like Vernon is collecting them?

Ok another question about the Emeralds. They're topical and easy to talk about so could be done as either alignment.
    Okay, thanks. So, Vernon did a task for sure, so it's for us to decide whether he's Sonic or Wario? While 50/50 of catching a wolf sounds good, I'm not sure I'm happy on going 50/50 on losing our Hero? I don't think it's a good idea to vote for him. Maybe depending on how others flip later in the game, will tell us more on which way his task leans him?

Clodagh actually responds. I don't like (naturally) the auto jump to me doing a task rather than thinking it through. Could be just jumping to conclusions but it could also be a way to pile on a bandwagon. Sonic hasn't claimed yet either. The 50/50 thing has been debunked already by better mathematicians than me so I'm not touching that.
    Alright, just did a bit of Googling (Wikipediaing to be precise) and all of our goodies are from Sonic and our baddies from Mario, though this is the Sonic thread. That's probably obvious to anyone who knows the games, but wasn't to me. Does that mean anything for our game though?

Fluff, gamespeak but not really relevant gamespeak. I can see a wolf posting this to try and seem involved in the thread.
    Okay, based on Vernon's weak-ass defence, I'm happy to take Phil at his word and vote to lynch Vernon.

Fair enough, interesting that you never explain what is weak about my defence though. Would you prefer me to have counter-claimed and lied?
    Why would a Villager do a task?

The task thing, fair question.
    What task? So you just happened to write sentences that started with the initial letters of each number?

I never noticed any task until you pointed them out.

:) That's the whole point of my self-appointed task, it was hardly random. Fair enough though.
    Why? Do you think Phil is lying so?
    Surely, if that was your plan then Phil's reveal would be inconvenient, no?

These two posts go together so I'll respond to both at the same time. There's a lot of questions from Clodagh which is natural, but I'm seeing a pattern here of reactive posting rather than proactive, there isn't any gamesolving apart from her jumble sale of players in her opening post.
    I don't understand why Des, Angus and Vernon would vote to off a roled player claim???

Again, fair question, but you also seem to ignore the off wagon voters who didn't commit either way.
    Even if you’re right about wolf Phil being saved by the Shaman, you didn’t know that before the lynch and you risked lynching our potential Hero.

Again, it's a fair point but I've responded to this. Only person as a villager I'm sure of at this time is me, so why would I not vote to save myself.

And that's it from last night. So this morning...
    a) if Phil is telling the truth (which I personally believe he is, though don't know it for sure)
    b) if Wario has the same tasks as Sonic
    c) if Wario somehow failed on all three sections of task. Maybe he only failed on one (ie, got the post count, got the FFA but nobody voted to lynch him, who would that include?). Or maybe Wario completed it, but Sonic got there first

There's a lot of parameters, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in that list. Look into me all you want. I've nothing to hide. But don't tunnel to just those three, as Wario could be anywhere and there's also two other wolves somewhere too.

Responded directly to my thoughts on Wario possibly being one of her, Liam or Katie. And her points are valid. That's more like her first post. Proactive and looking for other avenues.
    Just checked, so in answer to my own question, Vernon's trio of those who didn't FFA or reach post limit (I'm taking his word on this btw, though I know I didn't do an FFA) were Clodagh, Liam and Katie who also didn't have anyone voting for them. But also not to receive a vote against them, but did reach limit and did FFA were Desmond and Gabriel.

Again, a better look. Proactive.
    A 1up as in your vote counted twice, or you starting with -1 as a tally? In that case, why wasn't Vernon lynched, instead of no-one?
    Yep. Best case scenario we lynched a wolf, but not losing a villager is a pretty good second prize.
    Ah, okay. Lack of theme knowledge is my downfall again. Thanks. Makes sense.
    Yay, good news!!!

Last four are NAI, they're likely to be made as either alignment.

Summary: Clodagh has some good points but equally some bad. She comes across as an emotive poster, with the use of exclamation points and multiple question marks which is no bad thing. It shows she has an interest in the game at the very least, so definitely not disinterested.

However she has a tendency to be very reactive, and the probing questions she asks aren't really gathering information in my opinion, as she doesn't follow up on a lot of them.
    I also really dislike her player salad in her first post, naming half the roster and saying there's likely to be a wolf in there really doesn't help anyone.

Overall though there are positive points and she's improved on the reactive/proactive divide a good bit this morning.

I'd have her as more likely to be a villager than a wolf at this point in time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I'm sure you have stated this Vern but as I've kind of come around to thinking most would not attempt a task like your "task" an answer would allow me to put it to one side completely and move on a fresh today. Why do a post like that? what benefit can it bring? I can only see it bringing plenty of heat on you instead of potentially on a wolf (or I suppose a villager but at least you know your good if on the level).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

475164.jpg

Sonic Challenge - Sonic World

- A mod will play the first level of Sonic the Hedgehog (Megadrive version) on a fast run.
    - Each player will PM a Mod (Kolido) the time they think it will take to complete the level. HINT: It is under 1 minute
    - The player closest to the time (over or under) will be declared the winner. In the event there is a tie, the player who PM's the earliest will be declared the winner.
    - Winner will receive prize to use in the game.

What you need to do: PM me a time, under 1 min, you have until 11:30

kitten_k wrote: »
    Lynch Vote Results:

Phil WW (3) – Desmond WW, Angus WW, Vernon WW
    Vernon WW (3) – Clodagh WW, Phil WW, Mary WW
    Mary WW (1) – Steve WW
    Angus WW (1) – Liam WW
    Steve WW (1) – Gabriel WW

Did not vote: Katie WW

If we assume last night that it was clear it was going to be between Phil and Vernon ( I think it was), then odds say we have at least one wolf in Steve, Liam and Gabriel trying to avoid a bandwagon and stay hidden. Katie not voting at all could be nothing or something.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

If we assume last night that it was clear it was going to be between Phil and Vernon ( I think it was), then odds say we have at least one wolf in Steve, Liam and Gabriel trying to avoid a bandwagon and stay hidden. Katie not voting at all could be nothing or something.

and apologies players and mods for not voting. didnt think votes started till today and between rugby, soccer and snooker last night i was out all day.

its nothing des

Mary WW wrote: »
    I'm sure you have stated this Vern but as I've kind of come around to thinking most would not attempt a task like your "task" an answer would allow me to put it to one side completely and move on a fresh today. Why do a post like that? what benefit can it bring? I can only see it bringing plenty of heat on you instead of potentially on a wolf (or I suppose a villager but at least you know your good if on the level).

Ok so the plan was to attempt to draw the first munch. I know I'm a villager so my obvious 'task' might draw the kill onto me instead of a more important player.

If in fact Phil is Sonic then that's a little faux pas on my part but I stand by the points I made yesterday that he was acting extremely wolfy, and my job as a villager is to find wolves.

Where are you on Phil now, Vernon?

• Advertisement

Sonic Challenge PM in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Ok so the plan was to attempt to draw the first munch. I know I'm a villager so my obvious 'task' might draw the kill onto me instead of a more important player.

If in fact Phil is Sonic then that's a little faux pas on my part but I stand by the points I made yesterday that he was acting extremely wolfy, and my job as a villager is to find wolves.

Personally I'd probably never do that as I would assume it'd draw the village onto me as apposed to the wolves especially with us starting with a lynch but once again what your posting today makes far more sense to me than yesterday and I had assumed it was something along those lines so will probably leave the "task" talk... for a while at least :)

Where are you on Phil now, Vernon?

I'm parking the argument and refocusing on the other players, Phil is either Sonic or he's a wolf, and time will tell in relation to that.

Truth be told I'm leaning more into him actually being Sonic at this point given what has transpired since the lynch, on reflection and indeed the munch this morning.

Mary WW wrote: »
    Personally I'd probably never do that as I would assume it'd draw the village onto me as apposed to the wolves especially with us starting with a lynch but once again what your posting today makes far more sense to me than yesterday and I had assumed it was something along those lines so will probably leave the "task" talk... for a while at least :)

I walk on the wild side :D Makes things more interesting.

I only thought of it now, but in future (if there are more challenges like this) might it be good to coordinate our selections. If anyone goes against their assigned time then it wouldn't look great for them.

For people still making up their mind the record time for the level from what I can gather is 25 seconds, so it is unlikely to be near that. You may be good mods but I'm betting you're not quite record level (https://www.speedrun.com/sonic1/Green_Hill_1).

I did it myself in 1m 1 second without much knowledge of the game. That was on an emulator though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I only thought of it now, but in future (if there are more challenges like this) might it be good to coordinate our selections. If anyone goes against their assigned time then it wouldn't look great for them.

Just hopped in for the challenge. Won't have much time until this evening after work. What does this post mean to coordinate our selections in the context of a challenge like this??

Gabriel WW wrote: »

Do you think the results will be public, other than the result? I'm dodge on this idea to be honest. Wolves can just go with the flow, they still get their kill.

Do you think the results will be public, other than the result? I'm dodge on this idea to be honest. Wolves can just go with the flow, they still get their kill.

Edit: as in do you think we'll be given the breakdown? I'd say more likely just a winner will be announced, possibly without a name.

• Advertisement

I mean that we all agree on a time to submit. Too late for this one, but if we knew everyone was to be around we'd assign everyone a time e.g.

Vernon 25 seconds
    Gabriel 29 seconds
    Steve 33
    ... 37
    ... 41
    ... 45
    ... 49
    ... 53
    ... 57

Then we may be maximising the village's chances of success because it prevents villagers from guessing the same time. Wolves won't guess the same time because they'll coordinate.

Advertisement