Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Comp is now closed, thanks to everyone who took part, result to follow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    For people still making up their mind the record time for the level from what I can gather is 25 seconds, so it is unlikely to be near that. You may be good mods but I'm betting you're not quite record level (https://www.speedrun.com/sonic1/Green_Hill_1).

I did it myself in 1m 1 second without much knowledge of the game. That was on an emulator though.

Well I’m out so. My guess was less than the record. Again, lack of theme knowledge :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Well I’m out so. My guess was less than the record. Again, lack of theme knowledge :(

Your not alone, my guess was exactly the record! Cmon Kolido be a world champion!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Do you think the results will be public, other than the result? I'm dodge on this idea to be honest. Wolves can just go with the flow, they still get their kill.

I'm guessing they'll give the time. If not though then my idea isn't as good as I would have hoped it would be. Even so it would prevent villagers guessing identical times which is not good for the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

I went with 53 seconds for the record

• Advertisement

Says result to follow, but yeah I'd assume it's the time not neccesarily who won. That said you'll now know if I won cos it'd mean Kolido is the world champ!

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I went with 53 seconds for the record

I went with 39 seconds. I thought they'd be able to shave off a good bit of time from my go at 1m 1s.

I went with 39 seconds. I thought they'd be able to shave off a good bit of time from my go at 1m 1s.

Memory not so good but I think I've done the level in about 48 secs or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

A winner has been picked and will be informed via PM shortly.

You can view the race result here

Can't view it at work so someone tell me the result please

• Advertisement

Gabs might get it, was around 42 seconds (too lazy to re-watch to confirm)

41 secs exactly, nicely done Kolido :)

It says 41 seconds on the timer in the game. I reckon I'd have been spot on if the hadn't collided with that flying thing.

(Checked on the phone btw)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Kolido wrote: »

58 seconds?? Who let Grandad play??

I was looking at the video timer. But the point still stands :D

Kolido wrote: »

Looks like someone may have pipped me to it.

No PM here yet so didn't win :(

Anyone want to fess up that they won?

Starting to look like maybe a wolf won. Obviously it depends on what the prize is but they would have far more reason to keep it to themselves

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote: »
    Starting to look like maybe a wolf won. Obviously it depends on what the prize is but they would have far more reason to keep it to themselves

Potentially, not everyone has been on yet so they may not know.

Given that we now know we receive the answer to the challenge what do people think of my plan now, to coordinate the times. Obviously there are potential drawbacks in that it requires everyone to be online to submit an answer but it would mean that we can co-ordinate like the wolves can. They may well have gone for a 20 sec, 40 sec and 60 sec set of guess amongst the three of them to spread out nicely. We can try and negate this.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I mean that we all agree on a time to submit. Too late for this one, but if we knew everyone was to be around we'd assign everyone a time e.g.

Vernon 25 seconds
    Gabriel 29 seconds
    Steve 33
    ... 37
    ... 41
    ... 45
    ... 49
    ... 53
    ... 57

Then we may be maximising the village's chances of success because it prevents villagers from guessing the same time. Wolves won't guess the same time because they'll coordinate.

Ok, that makes sense, except we don't know what would happen if there's a draw. At least we would know who won though. My 33 second faith in the mods was misplaced.

Given that we now know we receive the answer to the challenge what do people think of my plan now, to coordinate the times. Obviously there are potential drawbacks in that it requires everyone to be online to submit an answer but it would mean that we can co-ordinate like the wolves can. They may well have gone for a 20 sec, 40 sec and 60 sec set of guess amongst the three of them to spread out nicely. We can try and negate this.

If it's the same kind of challenge tomorrow I would have no issue with doing something like this assuming im able to get online at Challenge time.

Fine by me as long as I win :pac:

Sounds like a plan. Means we need people to commit to being here at 11. I'm looking again at our silent few.

Do you think the results will be public, other than the result? I'm dodge on this idea to be honest. Wolves can just go with the flow, they still get their kill.
    Sounds like a plan. Means we need people to commit to being here at 11. I'm looking again at our silent few.

What made you change your mind on this Desmond?

What made you change your mind on this Desmond?

We out number the wolves. If we can actually co-ordinate then we have the good chance of grabbing the prize. Looking at it from that point of view the benefit we would gain would outweighs the ability it gives wolves to blend in.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

More than happy with that plan considering how hopeless I’m likely to be getting the answer in my own.

• Advertisement

We out number the wolves. If we can actually co-ordinate then we have the good chance of grabbing the prize. Looking at it from that point of view the benefit we would gain would outweighs the ability it gives wolves to blend in.

We outnumbered the wolves at 11.29 when you said the idea was wolfy.

Advertisement