Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Vernon was one of my two suspects until I re-read the thread. I actually think he's ok.

Why? Do you think Phil is lying so?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Ah. Quoting myself, but I'm also suspicious of Gabriel for the same reasons as for Desmond. Except more. Gabriel is even more hiding in the shadows. I would swap Desmond for Gabriel for #3.

When have I tried to be helpful Steve?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    What task? The super obvious one that I pointed out myself :pac:

After I made it clear I was about to out you?
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    What task did you do Phil? And do you think Vernon had the same task?

I didn't have a "Spell out something" task. I'm also not going to say what my task is/was either.

I did have a challenge to earn an emerald. Hence, earlier, why I focused on the bit in the OP about Sonic and Wario competing for the emerald.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    What task? So you just happened to write sentences that started with the initial letters of each number?

I never noticed any task until you pointed them out.

If you think I as a wolf would do that super obvious task and point it out myself then more power to ya

My 'task' is on thread for all to see. Was hoping to lay ground for wolves to munch me if Sonic held his water but ho-hum, Phil has conveniently claimed an hour before lynch.

I don't believe him but lynching the claim would be silly. If he doesn't die or if the vig thinks he's a lying wolf after I flip village, just take him out

Okay, but I want to hear from Phil what task they did. Presumably given they have claimed Sonic they will have done a task by now. I'm wondering what it was.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

My 'task' is on thread for all to see. Was hoping to lay ground for wolves to munch me if Sonic held his water but ho-hum, Phil has conveniently claimed an hour before lynch.

I don't believe him but lynching the claim would be silly. If he doesn't die or if the vig thinks he's a lying wolf after I flip village, just take him out

Surely, if that was your plan then Phil's reveal would be inconvenient, no?

Phil WW wrote: »

Revisionist history again. I asked you repeatedly to bring your 'checklist' out into the open.

You're a wolf, I'm pretty certain of it tbh. When I flip green more people will listen to me :)

Better not to lynch me of course, but meh, it happens.

I didn't have a "Spell out something" task. I'm also not going to say what my task is/was either.

I did have a challenge to earn an emerald. Hence, earlier, why I focused on the bit in the OP about Sonic and Wario competing for the emerald.

What reason is there to not tell us what the task is?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I've played badly today. Maybe. Guess it depends what way Vernon swings. I'm sure as the titular character of this whole thing, it was hoped I'd last longer. I absolutely don't do well under pressure as a lone goody. But I think it's important to role reveal here in case there isn't an auto-priest too.

I'd ask everyone to go back, actually read Vernon's early posts (rather than letting others guide you) and come to a conclusion.

My read is Vernon was soft claiming Sonic with his first few gifs. Then he does the task (counting). Then he gets super pissy with me about me pointing out gifs should be examined. Messing round with why he did the task, and then posting the Sonic picture again.

Vernon, if you're good, I'm sharing the blame with you here. You did something obviously tasky and have been super vague about it when called out, and backed me into a corner as a result. I tried a few times to ward you away, to get you to back down and to consider the damage to your own standing if I die and flip back good. YOU lead me to the gallows here, so *shrug*

From where I'm standing, my massive concern is that Vernon is Wario. As Sonic, I know there's tasks to earn the Emeralds. As Sonic, I know that the competition for the Emeralds is separate to the challenge tomorrow. As Sonic, I know the chances of Vernon doing a task and not being Wario are less likely.

If I die now, hopefully there's an auto priest, hopefully Vernon IS Wario, and the chaos emeralds on this island is nullified.

I'd obviously much prefer we lynch Vernon first, but if we do, I'm dead either way tomorrow anyway. Either he flips good, and I imagine Knuckles guns me down (which I 100% deserve for playing a horrid game) or I'm right and the wolves off me tomorrow anyway. But it's an extra 12 hours anyway.

I think Vernon was setting up his claim as Sonic, but hilariously picked a day long fight with Sonic himself. Guessing he hoped Sonic would lie low for a bit, and Sonic and Wario could each throw their little tasks round unopposed. But given I look set for an early exit, felt it best to lay everything out here.

Angus, this is also why I'm super suspect of you and Desmond too. I'd advise peeking one of them (though in my scenario, one will peek good anyway). Your utter refusal to even consider the fact Vernon might be doing tasks worries me massively. You nailed your colours to the "Don't vote Vernon" mast and never seemed to give an inch on it at all. I spent the day saying 50/50, and it should have been at least a little suspicious that I was super confident in taking that 50/50 bet and run the risk of offing Sonic.

Anyway, there.

If you are Sonic, maybe you should have read my posts and reply to them.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    So, Vernon nicely grouped all the posts together in on spot for us to consider.

Phil would have us believe that Wario is tasking.
    I don't think thats likely.

The only wolf that would be wanting to be caught tasking is bowser, then getting a green peek, hope to clear the game on back of that one green peek.

Either its sonic, which don't think it is either or they are an nrv and phil has got the huffs at someone flashing around sonic gifs so freely.

I have no idea about the emeralds, but vern says there are 7 to collect in the computer game.

Or maybe you did read them and they gave you an idea!

Okay, but I want to hear from Phil what task they did. Presumably given they have claimed Sonic they will have done a task by now. I'm wondering what it was.

He doesn't have a task, he's a lying wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Why? Do you think Phil is lying so?

Yah. I don't suspect Phil in and of himself alone, but I think he's on a team with Mary, who I suspect the Bejaysus out of.

He said he has knowledge of the task. I would like to know what he is claiming the task was. It might help me determine whether he is telling the truth or not.

I have a task.

I'll outline it at 8:59, for a reason that will become clear at 8:59.

Surely, if that was your plan then Phil's reveal would be inconvenient, no?

Convenient in the fact that he's up for the chop and decides to leave it till 8pm to reveal.

Inconvenient because if he's actually Sonic he's played the game like a wolf so far, yes.

Why not?

I have a task.

I'll outline it at 8:59, for a reason that will become clear at 8:59.

giphy.gif

When the village have no time to change their votes, right :D

Why not?

Cause on the off chance I survive, I want to actually complete it first....

Why not?

Who you voting for Angus?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

When have I tried to be helpful Steve?

Trying to help the villagers catch wolves? Or is that not your MO?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Okay, based on Vernon's weak-ass defence, I'm happy to take Phil at his word and vote to lynch Vernon.

I second this

• Advertisement

What good will it do the village if you are dead, if you have not told me everything about this so called task by 8:30, i'm voting for you.

But, you have been going on about WARIO has already completed it, how can you do it first if you aint done it already, or this wario thing is ll bull and your 50/50 is junk too.

You mean these?

:)

Click on the first quote's blue arrow to see the seven posts by the way.
    If you think I as a wolf would do that super obvious task and point it out myself then more power to ya

That's actually what a wolf might do. Oh look at this, it's so obvious it couldn't e a task. And sure I brought it up myself, no way it was a task. I'm not saying you're bad but it's hardly a mad plan for a wolf to carry out.

Click on the first quote's blue arrow to see the seven posts by the way.

That's actually what a wolf might do. Oh look at this, it's so obvious it couldn't e a task. And sure I brought it up myself, no way it was a task. I'm not saying you're bad but it's hardly a mad plan for a wolf to carry out.

Hardly, but with a lynch first? Puts a bullseye right on my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Can everyone please make sure they vote for the lynch - 40 mins left

Fair enough Angus, how bout a compramise. The parts I've done? I had to post a certain amount, do an FFA, and also a third part not completed yet. A part I feel its better for now not to name, in case the wolves don't have that same task. But IF Wario has the same challenge I do, then he might have had to do an FFA.
    Inconvenient because if he's actually Sonic he's played the game like a wolf so far, yes.

On the off chance you're good, I want to outline how I felt playing today. So at least there's an understanding of why I've "acted wolfy".

I make a throw away remark about being suspicious of giffers, which you work hard to turn into a big argument.

Over the course of the day, I tried to open windows for you to back the hell down from me. Instead, you intensified, daring me to out your task, daring me to continue going. You worked HARD all day to provide wolves with a very handy narrative and worked successfully to create me being the most likely to swing.

I talked about switching my vote to Desmond. You still continued.

I asked you what would happen if I flipped good and how would it affect your game. You still continued.

You post a two name FFA, knowing it dooms me to the noose.

I asked if there was a reason not to drag you under the bus with me in my reveal. You replied with a snarky gif.

You've spent the day antagonising me, leading me to the gallows and providing a very handy battle here tonight.

On the upside, your stance now seems to be you were drawing the munch towards yourself, so hey. same net result anyway. You and me dying now and tomorrow morning. And I'd rather the village off someone who admits to being disposable than lynching a good role claim ;)

Liam WW wrote: »
    I second this

Cool, you got any insights to add apart from one liners?

If I'm lynched and when I flip green Clodagh and Liam should be in the spotlight :)

Fair enough Angus, how bout a compramise. The parts I've done? I had to post a certain amount, do an FFA, and also a third part not completed yet. A part I feel its better for now not to name, in case the wolves don't have that same task. But IF Wario has the same challenge I do, then he might have had to do an FFA.

On the off chance you're good, I want to outline how I felt playing today. So at least there's an understanding of why I've "acted wolfy".

I make a throw away remark about being suspicious of giffers, which you work hard to turn into a big argument.

Over the course of the day, I tried to open windows for you to back the hell down from me. Instead, you intensified, daring me to out your task, daring me to continue going. You worked HARD all day to provide wolves with a very handy narrative and worked successfully to create me being the most likely to swing.

I asked you what would happen if I flipped good and how would it affect your game. You still continued.

I asked if there was a reason not to drag you under the bus with me in my reveal. You replied with a snarky gif.

You've spent the day antagonising me, leading me to the gallows and providing a very handy battle here tonight.

On the upside, your stance now seems to be you were drawing the munch towards yourself, so hey. same net result anyway. You and me dying now and tomorrow morning. And I'd rather the village off someone who admits to being disposable than lynching a good role claim ;)

Or we could just lynch you as you've now become disposable. Plus I don't believe a word of your cock and bull story.

Also you created that narrative by acting wolfy all day :)

Two of us in it. I don't control what you post

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

I've got pizza and I'm willing too share ;)

Advertisement