Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

So I think Phil is Sonic and happy to park Vernon for the moment. Who’s left? I am still uneasy about Desmond’s suggestion for the Vig to shoot Phil. He’d be currently top of my list for lynching as things stand.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    We outnumbered the wolves at 11.29 when you said the idea was wolfy.

I did. I've ruminated on the idea and it has its benefits. Trying to think of downsides. I suppose if a wolf was in charge he could put his buddies in the good spots.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    So I think Phil is Sonic and happy to park Vernon for the moment. Who’s left? I am still uneasy about Desmond’s suggestion for the Vig to shoot Phil. He’d be currently top of my list for lynching as things stand.

i'd be inclined to look at the people who called out vernon the most for the 'challenge'

re desmond...would a wolf really make this move on day1? i dont think so. could be a bluff, or a double bluff, or the dreaded triple bluff.

after that, i'm still reading thru. haven't reached last nights lynch yet

So you made up a 'task' for yourself, admittedly a very hard one. How does that affect the credibility of the 'task' Phil has claimed. You've already said the mods didn't give you your 'task' so why would the difficulty of that have any effect on the difficulty of Phil's 'task'?

like this here.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Is there any benefit in Phil (when available) telling us what today's (if there is one) task is? That way we can ensure he gets an emerald instead.

At least if we know where it is we can control it

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    The votes have been counted and the lynch results are in. After a long day of accusations, the lynch has failed.

Vote results to follow shortly.

any thoughts on why the lynch failed last night?

Lynch Vote Results:

Phil WW (3) – Desmond WW, Angus WW, Vernon WW
    Vernon WW (3) – Clodagh WW, Phil WW, Mary WW
    Mary WW (1) – Steve WW
    Angus WW (1) – Liam WW
    Steve WW (1) – Gabriel WW

Did not vote: Katie WW

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Katie WW wrote: »
    like this here.

That's not me calling Vernon's task out. That's me asking what it has to do with Phil's task. They aren't comparable because one was self assigned and the other mod-assigned.

That's not me calling Vernon's task out. That's me asking what it has to do with Phil's task. They aren't comparable because one was self assigned and the other mod-assigned.

what was phil's task do we know yet?

any thoughts on why the lynch failed last night?

Lynch Vote Results:

Phil WW (3) – Desmond WW, Angus WW, Vernon WW
    Vernon WW (3) – Clodagh WW, Phil WW, Mary WW
    Mary WW (1) – Steve WW
    Angus WW (1) – Liam WW
    Steve WW (1) – Gabriel WW

Did not vote: Katie WW

According to Phil he got a chaos emerald from successfully completing his task which gave him an extra life. This then blocked the lynch.

what was phil's task do we know yet?

According to Phil it had three parts:

1: Post an FFA
    2: Reach an unmentioned post count
    3: Get someone to vote for him in the lynch

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Ok, back on for a bit.
    Vernon WW wrote: »
    Ok so the plan was to attempt to draw the first munch. I know I'm a villager so my obvious 'task' might draw the kill onto me instead of a more important player.

If in fact Phil is Sonic then that's a little faux pas on my part but I stand by the points I made yesterday that he was acting extremely wolfy, and my job as a villager is to find wolves.

The thing that still bothers me massively though is your reaction yesterday evening. Even putting aside the "task" designed to draw a munch (apparently), you confess to not believing my role claim initially.

I've had moments before where I hound and hound someone, and then they make a role claim, and my initial thoughts are to back down and consider the possibility I've erred by dragging a good role into the light. You, seemingly, stood by your conviction I was bad, and continued to campaign to get me lynched. A campaign, by the way, that worked (if not for the Emerald saving me).

Anyway, not gonna bang on about it. Ideally, I'd have liked to come home to Knuckles removing the issue off the table for us, but so be it for now. You'll be one name on my FFA, but won't be the sole focus. I've outlined my worries about Angus too, but my Desmond fears are the weakest of the bunch now, and I wanna see what I feel about others too.

According to Phil he got a chaos emerald from successfully completing his task which gave him an extra life. This then blocked the lynch.

did he say what his task was, like was it on thread?

did he say what his task was, like was it on thread?

just saw above. at least with phil we dont have to do anything. he will be munched if his claim was true.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Reactions to a lack of a munch.

Two immediate responses.
    WOOHOO!!
    Yay, good news!!!

One delayed, 37 minutes latter.
    Desmond WW wrote: »
    Munch blocked, thats unexpected. We don't have a BG so can't be that.

Everyone else barely registers it.

Even if you’re right about wolf Phil being saved by the Shaman, you didn’t know that before the lynch and you risked lynching our potential Hero.

why are you buying the role of the shaman as a lynch blocker without questioning the mechanic at all?

Phil WW wrote: »
    Ok, back on for a bit.

The thing that still bothers me massively though is your reaction yesterday evening. Even putting aside the "task" designed to draw a munch (apparently), you confess to not believing my role claim initially.

I've had moments before where I hound and hound someone, and then they make a role claim, and my initial thoughts are to back down and consider the possibility I've erred by dragging a good role into the light. You, seemingly, stood by your conviction I was bad, and continued to campaign to get me lynched. A campaign, by the way, that worked (if not for the Emerald saving me).

Anyway, not gonna bang on about it. Ideally, I'd have liked to come home to Knuckles removing the issue off the table for us, but so be it for now. You'll be one name on my FFA, but won't be the sole focus. I've outlined my worries about Angus too, but my Desmond fears are the weakest of the bunch now, and I wanna see what I feel about others too.

Still don't fully believe it, but you'll be resolved eventually. I wasn't letting myself get lynched as I am 100% certain I'm good, over a role claim I didn't (and still don't fully) believe.

The questions should be directed at those standing by the wayside as well allowing you to be lynched, not just the three who voted for you.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

why are you buying the role of the shaman as a lynch blocker without questioning the mechanic at all?

I didn’t. I was saying that Vernon’s ‘proof’ that Phil was a wolf and saved by lynch by the shaman only came after the lynch and that voting for him for lynch without that info was a silly move.

Ok, on the other hand time.

If Phil somehow is Sonic and won a Chaos Emerald to give him a 1up or something equivalent, then that means Wario failed.

So what do we know re: the task that Phil had to do?

Supposedly it's post a certain number of times, of which three players are seemingly below. Now that means that Wario could have failed on this count.

Next part was post an FFA apparently. Which... lol. The same three people failed to do. Yikes. Not looking good for these guys in terms of villagery actions, and they all could be Wario.

The third mystery box item is to get someone to vote for them. Mission accomplished in Phil's case (And mine if you subscribe to the idea I'm a wolf, yet I somehow hit all three of these targets and have nothing to show for it, assuming we believe Phil, who is claiming to be Sonic).

I'll look again at the vote counts and low and behold!

Liam, Clodagh and Katie have no votes on them either :eek:

So if Sonic is truthful we should be looking into these three, do I have it right?

if this was part of a task phil cant be wario. he would simply get a team mate to vote for him

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Still playing devils advocate to Phils claim of sonic.

So, wario/phil wins the emerald, wins whatever blocked the lynch, but to dispell doubters, also fakes a blocked munch by attempting to eat one of their own, which would cause a blocked munch. Then pointing out reactions to a non munch that the wolves were fully aware of and the village were in the dark about, due to the teasing of wait and see...

if this was part of a task phil cant be wario. he would simply get a team mate to vote for him

Well, that was all lined up with Mary, who change her vote to vern late on.

• Advertisement

More pertinent is why did three people not vote to kill me, you included if you tend to believe the role claim.

I find wolves like to sit back and stay out of the foray so they don't have blood on their hands with their extra knowledge that the two candidates up for lynching are in fact village.

Not saying I believe Phil just yet, but that would immediately put a spotlight on Steve, yourself and Liam

if they believe you why would they vote you?

Ok so starting small.

Katie enters the thread with a casual post, grand, not alignment indicative.

She moves on to immediately focus on the crystals in her next two posts:

I'd disagree that a two thread game is standard but the set up on this planet (that we are allowed to talk about) is fairly normal.

I find it strange she asked this question and never responded to a couple of replies, might go and find them in a minute. Then Katie disappears and doesn't register a vote. She comes back this morning....

Ok a lot of posts, no explanation for missed vote. Some questions about the crystals, never responds to anyone replying. Some concerns, but I'm currently leaning disinterested villager on Katie tbh.

50% of that is correct :p

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Well, that was all lined up with Mary, who change her vote to vern late on.

How exactly does that line up?

Katie says if Phil was Wario the task would be simple as he wouldn't have to get someone to vote for him as a team mate could do it.

I don't vote for Phil. I vote for Vernon. I didn't want to accidently lynch Sonic.

Munch blocked, thats unexpected. We don't have a BG so can't be that.

this strikes me as disingenuous.

after speed reading the thread i would have des and clodagh as my 2 favorite wolf candidates

Angus WW wrote: »
    Well, i'll vote for you, to fulfil that part of your task.
    Phil WW wrote: »
    I think Mary already has :pac:

Hopes for the next five minutes.

1. auto-priest
    2. I don't need to use the Father Ted gif.
    Mary WW wrote: »
    How exactly does that line up?

Katie says if Phil was Wario the task would be simple as he wouldn't have to get someone to vote for him as a team mate could do it.

I don't vote for Phil. I vote for Vernon. I didn't want to accidently lynch Sonic.

See.
    And your change to vern was last, so unprovable how late it was.

this strikes me as disingenuous.

It's factual. You were one of the hardly posters yesterday Katie, what would you say to us having a vote off among ye to see who gets lynched?

It's factual. You were one of the hardly posters yesterday Katie, what would you say to us having a vote off among ye to see who gets lynched?

if you think i'm bad by all means

after speed reading the thread i would have des and clodagh as my 2 favorite wolf candidates

Cool, give the the bullet points as to why you'd vote for us?

• Advertisement

i know its factual as per page 1. just that you highlighted it

Advertisement