Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Des I’m not leaning wolf anymore. Rushed in very gung-ho and yeah asked the vig to act extremely early but I’m reading him more as NR villager now.

Steve WW wrote: »
    Vernon was one of my two suspects until I re-read the thread. I actually think he's ok.

What swayed you away from your gut feeling on Vern?

I know you don’t like me stemming from the typo but right now my prime suspect would have to be the person who did an elaborate series of tasky posts. Him claiming he did it for a laugh or to potentially protect sonic doesn’t wash with me as he went hardest against our only (sonic) role claim of anyone and cos it’s not funny.

TBH it’s kind of ironic that some people like Angus seemed to defend him over this super tasky post yet I was attacked for defending the person I put on my FFA, disagreed with on his who could be teammates post and was voting for until his unopposed role claim.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Mary WW wrote:
    I know you don’t like me stemming from the typo but right now my prime suspect would have to be the person who did an elaborate series of tasky posts. Him claiming he did it for a laugh or to potentially protect sonic doesn’t wash with me as he went hardest against our only (sonic) role claim of anyone and cos it’s not funny.

This is rather bizarre given you've been here pretty much the entire time and not had that opinion re: the 'task' until now.

The fact you're just willing to accept I'm bad because of an unverified role claim makes it all the more worrying.

Ok, on the other hand time.

If Phil somehow is Sonic and won a Chaos Emerald to give him a 1up or something equivalent, then that means Wario failed.

So what do we know re: the task that Phil had to do?

Supposedly it's post a certain number of times, of which three players are seemingly below. Now that means that Wario could have failed on this count.

Next part was post an FFA apparently. Which... lol. The same three people failed to do. Yikes. Not looking good for these guys in terms of villagery actions, and they all could be Wario.

The third mystery box item is to get someone to vote for them. Mission accomplished in Phil's case (And mine if you subscribe to the idea I'm a wolf, yet I somehow hit all three of these targets and have nothing to show for it, assuming we believe Phil, who is claiming to be Sonic).

I'll look again at the vote counts and low and behold!

Liam, Clodagh and Katie have no votes on them either :eek:

So if Sonic is truthful we should be looking into these three, do I have it right?

Vernon WW wrote: »
    This is rather bizarre given you've been here pretty much the entire time and not had that opinion re: the 'task' until now.

The fact you're just willing to accept I'm bad because of an unverified role claim makes it all the more worrying.

I said that “his role reveal does not clear him as a villager” only a few posts ago so don’t twist that.

I think your dodgy because you did a post that looks like a task then played it off as sure I was just having a laugh and highlighted it myself to you all. You only pointed it out when someone else was going to and laugh or not such a tasky post is dodgy.

Apart from maybe Phil and his role reveal nobody else has done anything else as dodgy really but as you’ve said a sonic role reveal should be self resolving

• Advertisement

If Phil somehow is Sonic and won a Chaos Emerald to give him a 1up or something equivalent, then that means Wario failed.

Supposedly it's post a certain number of times, of which three players are seemingly below. Now that means that Wario could have failed on this count.

Next part was post an FFA apparently. Which... lol. The same three people failed to do. Yikes. Not looking good for these guys in terms of villagery actions, and they all could be Wario.

The third mystery box item is to get someone to vote for them. Mission accomplished in Phil's case (And mine if you subscribe to the idea I'm a wolf, yet I somehow hit all three of these targets and have nothing to show for it, assuming we believe Phil, who is claiming to be Sonic).

So if Sonic is truthful we should be looking into these three, do I have it right?

Good to see you playing devils advocate for a change but as someone else mentioned I don’t know if they’d have the same tasks as if they did they’d be immediately outing themselves to each other

Mary WW wrote:
    I think your dodgy because you did a post that looks like a task then played it off as sure I was just having a laugh and highlighted it myself to you all. You only pointed it out when someone else was going to and laugh or not such a tasky post is dodgy.

That's not true at all, I pointed it out way earlier than that if you see my response to Desmond re: chaos wolf.

That's not true at all, I pointed it out way earlier than that if you see my response to Desmond re: chaos wolf.

Thank you for pointing that out. Not sure how much credibility pointing out a tasky post of yours gets you in terms of claiming it wasn’t actually a tasky post but I didn’t notice you referenced it prior to that

Mary WW wrote:
    Good to see you playing devils advocate for a change but as someone else mentioned I don’t know if they’d have the same tasks as if they did they’d be immediately outing themselves to each other

That's actually not the case in relation to these tasks.

What do people do when they play WW? They post. Nothing suspicious there.

They are also asked to submit FFAs and actually come under scrutiny for not doing so.

The final part is a little more tricky, but it's also a requirement to vote for someone.

So incorporating all three into a task wouldn't in fact out the players to each other at all.

That's actually not the case in relation to these tasks.

What do people do when they play WW? They post. Nothing suspicious there.

They are also asked to submit FFAs and actually come under scrutiny for not doing so.

The final part is a little more tricky, but it's also a requirement to vote for someone.

So incorporating all three into a task wouldn't in fact out the players to each other at all.

Hmm 2 posts in a row where upon reflection I kind of appreciate what you’re saying! Ha

That said that is based off believing the info from the sonic role reveal with regards the task. Do you believe this? Or just devils advocate

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote:
    That said that is based off believing the info from the sonic role reveal with regards the task. Do you believe this? Or just devils advocate

I'm not sure what side I come down on tbh. It's plausible, though I still can't place it correctly in my mind that with Phil having all this extra info he wants to kill me.

He knows his own parameters (if he is indeed Sonic), he's been keeping a running tab on post counts, I was tied for lynch with him and completed an FFA.

And yet my 'task' post completed the very first night awarded me absolutely nothing if we believe Phil's hints towards winning a Chaos Emerald

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

kitten_k wrote: »
    Lynch Vote Results:

Phil WW (3) – Desmond WW, Angus WW, Vernon WW
    Vernon WW (3) – Clodagh WW, Phil WW, Mary WW
    Mary WW (1) – Steve WW
    Angus WW (1) – Liam WW
    Steve WW (1) – Gabriel WW

Did not vote: Katie WW

Hmmm, why did three people vote for our only role claim? I am in agreement that it wasn't the most convincing but I'd have to think that a fake role claim on day one by a wolf would be better thought out and presented, than one that was not complete. That leaves me with thinking it's either true or a villager trying to make it look like their sonic. I think it's true and he is Sonic. But assume it is not true, we would then have a real Sonic (and potentially Tails depending on how that works) who could easily challenge the claim. Given that neither has come out and claimed I am even more inclined to say Phil is Sonic. My only thought for the real Sonic (if Phil was lying) would have been Vernon but he insisted he made his task up himself and obviously something was won yesterday.

kitten_k wrote: »
    Lynch Vote Results:

Phil WW (3) – Desmond WW, Angus WW, Vernon WW
    Vernon WW (3) – Clodagh WW, Phil WW, Mary WW
    Mary WW (1) – Steve WW
    Angus WW (1) – Liam WW
    Steve WW (1) – Gabriel WW

Did not vote: Katie WW
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I don't understand why Des, Angus and Vernon would vote to off a roled player claim???
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Hmmm, why did three people vote for our only role claim? I am in agreement that it wasn't the most convincing but I'd have to think that a fake role claim on day one by a wolf would be better thought out and presented, than one that was not complete. That leaves me with thinking it's either true or a villager trying to make it look like their sonic. I think it's true and he is Sonic. But assume it is not true, we would then have a real Sonic (and potentially Tails depending on how that works) who could easily challenge the claim. Given that neither has come out and claimed I am even more inclined to say Phil is Sonic. My only thought for the real Sonic (if Phil was lying) would have been Vernon but he insisted he made his task up himself and obviously something was won yesterday.

More pertinent is why did three people not vote to kill me, you included if you tend to believe the role claim.

I find wolves like to sit back and stay out of the foray so they don't have blood on their hands with their extra knowledge that the two candidates up for lynching are in fact village.

Not saying I believe Phil just yet, but that would immediately put a spotlight on Steve, yourself and Liam

So Liam's posts....
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Good too see....friends

Ok...
    I am merely an old man that can barely walk, what harm could I do ye sure? tbh I think we have too watch that phil fella.....

Right, suss of Phil - most were at one point.
    I'm innocent I swear!!!!!!!

Strange response, never really under much pressure.
    I second this

Seconds Clodagh's post of lynching me as my defense isn't very good. Ok then...
    I've got pizza and I'm willing too share ;)

Pizza eh? Ok...
    Too kind buddy :D

I still don't trust you........

Where is this coming from? Liam hasn't mentioned Angus once. This is a wolfy thought.
    It was a ruse too keep you on your toes ;)

Poor enough explanation for voting off wagon on someone you haven't discussed once.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

a) if Phil is telling the truth (which I personally believe he is, though don't know it for sure)
    b) if Wario has the same tasks as Sonic
    c) if Wario somehow failed on all three sections of task. Maybe he only failed on one (ie, got the post count, got the FFA but nobody voted to lynch him, who would that include?). Or maybe Wario completed it, but Sonic got there first

There's a lot of parameters, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in that list. Look into me all you want. I've nothing to hide. But don't tunnel to just those three, as Wario could be anywhere and there's also two other wolves somewhere too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

christ, there were a lot of posts since i was last on. will try catch up this morning

c) if Wario somehow failed on all three sections of task. Maybe he only failed on one (ie, got the post count, got the FFA but nobody voted to lynch him, who would that include?). Or maybe Wario completed it, but Sonic got there first

Just checked, so in answer to my own question, Vernon's trio of those who didn't FFA or reach post limit (I'm taking his word on this btw, though I know I didn't do an FFA) were Clodagh, Liam and Katie who also didn't have anyone voting for them. But also not to receive a vote against them, but did reach limit and did FFA were Desmond and Gabriel.

a) if Phil is telling the truth (which I personally believe he is, though don't know it for sure)
    b) if Wario has the same tasks as Sonic

There's a lot of parameters, and I'm not just saying that because I'm in that list. Look into me all you want. I've nothing to hide. But don't tunnel to just those three, as Wario could be anywhere and there's also two other wolves somewhere too.

Ok on this, IF Phil is Sonic then I think the first two parts of the task are plausible to be similar:

FFAs and post count. There isn't much to distinguish there given we all typically do both in a WW game.

The third part (getting someone to vote for them) is where the difference may lie. I'm not sure how that difference would appear though obviously.

But given all of that, and the fact you lean on the side of Phil being Sonic, and given if that's the case and he's truthful re: his tasks...

How on earth is my 'task' even being considered as one?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Catching up after the match yesterday -_-

Re: Phills claim. Looked up a shaman this morning. Every day the can give out a totem but it seems awfully convenient that it was a lynch blocker. Phil seemed genuinely surprised when he survived, so could a shaman give someone a very convenient gift to someone without that person knowing?

Sonic gets hit, looses his rings. But stays alive.

Just checked, so in answer to my own question, Vernon's trio of those who didn't FFA or reach post limit (I'm taking his word on this btw, though I know I didn't do an FFA) were Clodagh, Liam and Katie who also didn't have anyone voting for them. But also not to receive a vote against them, but did reach limit and did FFA were Desmond and Gabriel.

Well I took it from Phil's data which I believe to be correct.

Phil WW wrote: »
    So.…

6 People FFA'd. 4 didn't. Clodagh, Gabriel, Katie, Liam

Katie didn't vote either, so putting her aside for a bit.

Spit balling thoughts. The OP says Sonic and Wario are "competing" for chaos emeralds. Competing would imply, to me, that only one of us gets one? The fact 4 people didn't do an FFA, and 3 of them hit underneath the required post count, makes me consider the possibility one of them might be Wario, and I "beat" them. But that's presuming Wario's task is the same as mine, which there's a fair chance it's not.

(I'm not clearing Vernon; I hate his play today. But I don't want to tunnel on one person right now).

Mary and Angus voted outside their FFA, though anyone following shouldn't be shocked by that.

As Clodagh pointed out, three people voted for the role claimed person, and Desmond's super early vote would have seen me dead. I actually think the village need to be way more on the ball about the early vote rule. With such small numbers, a rolled goody nearly got offed via lynch, despite being out.

Typically, a wolf (at least one) will jump on the snowballing choice. I also reckon one would vote "random" to paint their vote as inconsequential, and to stay hidden.

But personally, I'm really hating the trio who voted for me.

• Advertisement

More pertinent is why did three people not vote to kill me, you included if you tend to believe the role claim.

I find wolves like to sit back and stay out of the foray so they don't have blood on their hands with their extra knowledge that the two candidates up for lynching are in fact village.

Not saying I believe Phil just yet, but that would immediately put a spotlight on Steve, yourself and Liam

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Why would three players who were relatively active at the time of the lynch vote off wagon with a role claim out there?

Or it could be that someone believed Phil and didn't think you were a wolf either. I have to say your 'task' does come across as quite villager-y. So if you were in my shoes and didn't think that you or Phil were wolves how would you vote?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Why would three players who were relatively active at the time of the lynch vote off wagon with a role claim out there?

Well you weren't counter claiming. It wasn't like there were two claims for the same role and we had to choose one to believe. You were openly saying that your 'task' was self created and that you were a villager. You don't believe Phil, that doesn't make you bad.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Lads, I'll not be the focus of things this morning anyway. As a heads up, some real life stuff is going to keep me sidelined a bit this morning.

I had wanted to wait till 9:59 for this, but just to clarify somethings. I did earn the emerald last night, and it did give me a 1up which saved me from the lynch.

And also....

Well. When it happens ;)

Or it could be that someone believed Phil and didn't think you were a wolf either. I have to say your 'task' does come across as quite villager-y. So if you were in my shoes and didn't think that you or Phil were wolves how would you vote?

Truthfully? I'd err on the side of caution and vote me tbh. I fully expected to be lynched last night. It's kinda weird I wasn't in all honesty.

Lads, I'll not be the focus of things this morning anyway. As a heads up, some real life stuff is going to keep me sidelined a bit this morning.

I had wanted to wait till 9:59 for this, but just to clarify somethings. I did earn the emerald last night, and it did give me a 1up which saved me from the lynch.

And also....

Well. When it happens ;)

Ok so given all that you know are you more or less inclined to believe that my task was self-created as opposed to issued by the mods?

Truthfully? I'd err on the side of caution and vote me tbh. I fully expected to be lynched last night. It's kinda weird I wasn't in all honesty.

Fair enough. Maybe I should have voted for you to save the claimed role, but I was hoping others would stay away from the pair of you.

Fair enough. Maybe I should have voted for you to save the claimed role, but I was hoping others would stay away from the pair of you.

As it happens, under the assumption Phil is on the up and up, it's actually a net boon for the village in the lynch failing. Means the first action will be a wolf kill so we'll get more data which can only help us figure things out.

If he's not Sonic he'll be found out rather quickly, so I'm not going to focus on Phil for now at least.

A 1up as in your vote counted twice, or you starting with -1 as a tally? In that case, why wasn't Vernon lynched, instead of no-one?

• Advertisement

As it happens, under the assumption Phil is on the up and up, it's actually a net boon for the village in the lynch failing. Means the first action will be a wolf kill so we'll get more data which can only help us figure things out.

If he's not Sonic he'll be found out rather quickly, so I'm not going to focus on Phil for now at least.

Yep. Best case scenario we lynched a wolf, but not losing a villager is a pretty good second prize.

Advertisement