Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    This does make sense, assuming we don't kill tails tonight. Plus you would think the wolves would kill vern tomorrow anyway if he was tasking as outlined. If he isn't bad they will already know that and then surely they would target him for munch thinking him a roled goodie.

I mean if I was a wolf, with the game starting on a lynch, I'd be a very very silly Vernon to be as obvious in my tasking..

(Hint, I'm not a wolf) ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    In what?
    I'll be honest, I'm really concerned by how heavily you're trying to defend Vernon. It feels like you will absolutely, under no circumstance, consider the possibility he's Wario

Probably because you are doing such a weak job at trying to paint that picture.

You give him a 50/50 chance of being wario.
    As if a NRV won't post mad **** like that, even if they were given no tasks.
    so, wario v sonic, 3xNRVs, bowser. thats 16.66666/83.3333 already,then you have to factor in that wolves more than likely would refuse to do a task like that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Probably because you are doing such a weak job at trying to paint that picture.

You give him a 50/50 chance of being wario.
    As if a NRV won't post mad **** like that, even if they were given no tasks.
    so, wario v sonic, 3xNRVs, bowser. thats 16.66666/83.3333 already,then you have to factor in that wolves more than likely would refuse to do a task like that.

If he could be all those things then why would Tails even make a difference? Yeah Tails can check if he's Sonic if he wants but the rest of us won't find out either way. Obviously he wouldn't reveal if he was a good roled player but if he's not the goodie that'd compete for the emeralds why would he tell us now either when that'd mean outing himself for a potential NRV posting mad sh.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Right, caught up, it's been a long day!

It's been an interesting read, and at least not usual D0 fluff (it not being D0 and all certainly helps). I am a bit lost in the whole Angus/Vernon/Phil battle that's going on. And that's before we add in Mary and Desmond. I'd say that there's a good chance of there being a wolf in that lot (which isn't exactly rocket science, I grant you, since 30% are wolves here anyway and I've just named 50% of us).

I think I need to read back with a clearer head to make sense of who's defending who and who's accusing who here. In the mean time I think it'll be nearly lottery as to who I pick from that lot for lynch. Though with over two hours still to go there could be more info to be garnered. I've put a placeholder in anyway in case I fall asleep before time.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

#FFA1 anyway.

Vernon - As I've made clear all day.
    Desmond - Fallen down the pecking order off the back his quietness today.
    Angus - More for the FFA than his subsequent full-throated support and defence of Vernon. An FFA of three quiet people gives absolutely ZERO to work with for the village as the game goes on.

Probably wrong on one of them. Would say it feels to me like there could be three very vocal wolves today and three villagers who aren't posting at all. :/

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

So, my FFA:

1. Mary. Sorry if I'm wrong on your typo, but even reading back through the thread has me suspicious. Very early you were mentioning wolves and spreading dissention, like trying to analyse the rules to make yourself look helpful, but suggesting bad things.

2. Phil. If I'm right about Mary, then Phil is also a wolf.

3. Desmond. Not one of the two I was considering before, but just the way he hops in and, again, tries to be helpful, and then hops off again.

That's my take anyway. The two I was thinking of, I kinda believe are villagers after the re-read.

Can somebody who knows more about Sonic explain the Emeralds things to me and why it looks like Vernon is collecting them?

Steve WW wrote: »
    So, my FFA:

1. Mary. Sorry if I'm wrong on your typo, but even reading back through the thread has me suspicious. Very early you were mentioning wolves and spreading dissention, like trying to analyse the rules to make yourself look helpful, but suggesting bad things.

3. Desmond. Not one of the two I was considering before, but just the way he hops in and, again, tries to be helpful, and then hops off again.

That's my take anyway. The two I was thinking of, I kinda believe are villagers after the re-read.

not much I can say about the typo but I want to state that at no point have I suggested I think Phil is good. I thought Des saying to shoot him was a wolfy action and one he did not fully explain until much later but when he did I saw enough sense in his reasoning that Phil actually joined Des in my FFA.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Can somebody who knows more about Sonic explain the Emeralds things to me and why it looks like Vernon is collecting them?

Emeralds are prizes you collect in Sonic. Vernon outed his own "task" as Phil was going to anyway. Apparently it was starting seven posts in a row with O for one, T for two next and so on. In the OP two RPs are supposed to be hunting these emeralds and Phil seemingly thought he was Wario. Angus however has suggested it isn't a 50/50 Wario or Sonic as he could be Bowser or a NRV having a laught. Vernon too suggested he may have been messing around. Angus also suggeested Vern should not be peeked/lynched as Tails could confirm if he was or wasn't Sonic but I doubt he'd come out to do so either way.

• Advertisement

So, Vernon nicely grouped all the posts together in on spot for us to consider.

Phil would have us believe that Wario is tasking.
    I don't think thats likely.

The only wolf that would be wanting to be caught tasking is bowser, then getting a green peek, hope to clear the game on back of that one green peek.

Either its sonic, which don't think it is either or they are an nrv and phil has got the huffs at someone flashing around sonic gifs so freely.

I have no idea about the emeralds, but vern says there are 7 to collect in the computer game.

not much I can say about the typo but I want to state that at no point have I suggested I think Phil is good. I thought Des saying to shoot him was a wolfy action and one he did not fully explain until much later but when he did I saw enough sense in his reasoning that Phil actually joined Des in my FFA.

But, I never said anything about you saying that Phil was good?

Okay, thanks. So, Vernon did a task for sure, so it's for us to decide whether he's Sonic or Wario? While 50/50 of catching a wolf sounds good, I'm not sure I'm happy on going 50/50 on losing our Hero? I don't think it's a good idea to vote for him. Maybe depending on how others flip later in the game, will tell us more on which way his task leans him?

Okay, thanks. So, Vernon did a task for sure, so it's for us to decide whether he's Sonic or Wario? While 50/50 of catching a wolf sounds good, I'm not sure I'm happy on going 50/50 on losing our Hero? I don't think it's a good idea to vote for him. Maybe depending on how others flip later in the game, will tell us more on which way his task leans him?

Not neccesariy 50/50 as for example Angus does not think he is either Wario or Sonic but yeah I think you've got it.

Xylophones will attack you viciously if you aren't. :D

Alright, just did a bit of Googling (Wikipediaing to be precise) and all of our goodies are from Sonic and our baddies from Mario, though this is the Sonic thread. That's probably obvious to anyone who knows the games, but wasn't to me. Does that mean anything for our game though?

But, I never said anything about you saying that Phil was good?

I'm being linked to Phil a good bit as a team mate / someone who defended him. Perhaps itt's cos my typo was aimed at him but I'm neither a team mate nor am I defending him. He is one of only 2 names I put on my FFA with conviction. If Katie posted more maybe I could have stronger feelings about her.

Maybe it will be rephrased as me throwing Phil under the bus by people who think we are team mates but I'll be as happy as anyone if he's lynched and comes up wolf.

but I'll be as happy as anyone if he's lynched and comes up wolf.

giphy.gif

Phil WW wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Even you should appreciate that the words and he comes up wolf were in that sentence. Any villager should be happy if someone comes up wolf.

So, my FFA:

Ah. Quoting myself, but I'm also suspicious of Gabriel for the same reasons as for Desmond. Except more. Gabriel is even more hiding in the shadows. I would swap Desmond for Gabriel for #3.

• Advertisement

Emeralds are prizes you collect in Sonic. Vernon outed his own "task" as Phil was going to anyway. Apparently it was starting seven posts in a row with O for one, T for two next and so on. In the OP two RPs are supposed to be hunting these emeralds and Phil seemingly thought he was Wario. Angus however has suggested it isn't a 50/50 Wario or Sonic as he could be Bowser or a NRV having a laught. Vernon too suggested he may have been messing around. Angus also suggeested Vern should not be peeked/lynched as Tails could confirm if he was or wasn't Sonic but I doubt he'd come out to do so either way.

I don't believe you seen how elaborate the tasking was...
    Really, go back and look again at the starting character of every line of the seven posts. That's 27 mini tasks! One very bold wolf.

FFA 1
    Desmond - Phil, Mary
    Mary - Desmond, Phil, Katie
    Angus - Liam, Clodagh, Steve
    Phil - Vernon, Desmond, Angus
    Steve - Mary, Phil, Gabriel

Phil - 3
    Mary - 2
    Desmond - 2
    Katie - 1
    Liam - 1
    Clodagh - 1
    Steve - 1
    Vernon - 1
    Angus - 1
    Gabriel - 1

Only half the players with FFAs in then?

Really want to see the other five get FFAs in. Silence does nothing but benefit the wolves, and leaves a strong possibility that a rolled goody gets hit.

I don't get this. How do you know? About the 7 posts in a row thing. Or else there's already a post about this, and then I get to look stupid... :/ But I couldn't find a post on this.

Really, go back and look again at the starting character of every line of the seven posts. That's 27 mini tasks! One very bold wolf.

Its not 27 tasks.

Its one big task. "Spell out One to Seven in seven consecutive posts".

#FFA1

Phil - obvious choice from me is obvious if you've read the thread.
    Liam - if you look at their posting it's clear they're wolfy as hell.

That's all I've got.

Steve, post #171 for the specific posts.

I don't get this. How do you know? About the 7 posts in a row thing. Or else there's already a post about this, and then I get to look stupid... :/ But I couldn't find a post on this.

He posted about it himself #171

Honestly I didn't, "task" was outed by himself and was seemingly already spoted by Phil and yourself so i just skimmed and spotted what I said above.

I don't know the reward for said task so maybe it seemed worth it for a wolf to try but Vern never made my FFA anyway. Now if he makes it through tomorrows munch with eveyone openly talking about how he may have tasked then I might question if he's good but until then I think he's more village than not but I really have to get some sleep before work tonight.

Task-ception :D

• Advertisement

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Task-ception :D

a fantasktic marvel, one to be proud of.

Advertisement