Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf - Mario vs Sonic - SONIC WORLD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Hi Guys :)

If we have peeks, then I doubt we'll have a priest. What role is a chaos wolf?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Hi Des, anything posted peek your interest so far.

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Well if there is a lynch tonight, if they don't post but put a vote in they'd be highly suspect would you agree?

I've no issue going after the low/no posters but as there are so many at this point in time (as Angus pointed out), who do you pick? And based off what :pac:

For example if I said I wanted to lynch Liam, what would your response be to that?

Well that was my point about there being safety in numbers for the silent posters atm. As long as so many are silent it's a safe spot for someone hiding as there is nothing to differentiate between them and I would doubt any one of them would get a majority of the vote.

Hopefully at least a few of them get involved before then anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Desmond WW wrote:
    If we have peeks, then I doubt we'll have a priest. What role is a chaos wolf?

Presumably related to the chaos emeralds. Of which there are seven in total for those not in the know regarding the games :)

Mary WW wrote:
    Well that was my point about there being safety in numbers for the silent posters atm. As long as so many are silent it's a safe spot for someone hiding as there is nothing to differentiate between them and I would doubt any one of them would get a majority of the vote.

True. Grand so we're lynching Liam.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

afternoon folks

True. Grand so we're lynching Liam.

Well there is one less silent person with him now

Katie WW wrote: »
    afternoon folks

Welcome Katie, what's your opinion of Sonic World so far?

Mary WW wrote: »
    Well there is one less silent person with him now

Welcome Katie, what's your opinion of Sonic World so far?

reasing thru now. all standard with exception of those crystals

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

apparently it would as it was just mentioned that on that thread that Doris was called out on this one. Whether the person there did so as it gave them an easy chance to cast shade or for other reasons who knows though

Well then, there's another misspeak by Vernon. Having no influence on the other island/world/thread/universe is not true.

Game is 20 players over two threads, yes, our main focus for player on this thread should be on this thread, but wilfully ignoring the other thread is not getting a full read of the game. Calling this thread only, the current game state is incorrect.

Just catching up on what I missed now. I have the following tentative reads, take wth a pinch of salt as you see fit.

I lean Vernon and Angus village. Even with their bickering. Their discussions looks more like two paranoid villagers trying to work things out.

Mary and Phill I'd lean wolf right now. Vague statements until prodded in to more discussion by Vernon. Mary commenting about the island/newbies observation appears like a wolf who has been pulled in to a conversation she doesn't want trying to be useful. Also defending Phil when Phil should be defending himself, leans me at putting those two together.

Kate pops up when the idea of lynching non-posters pops up but that could be coincidence.

Any comments?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Hey Angus, I just wanted to point something out.

That’s now Vernon AND Desmond tying you into a partnership with Vernon. Whether it’s with your knowledge or not, they are looping you in so that if anything bad happens with Vernon, you’re tied to him....

Phil WW wrote: »

That’s now Vernon AND Desmond tying you into a partnership with Vernon. Whether it’s with your knowledge or not, they are looping you in so that if anything bad happens with Vernon, you’re tied to him....

How so, please explain?

This is a fun post. It's a pretty good comment for keeping the group fractured rather than working together.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Just catching up on what I missed now. I have the following tentative reads, take wth a pinch of salt as you see fit.

I lean Vernon and Angus village. Even with their bickering. Their discussions looks more like two paranoid villagers trying to work things out.

Mary and Phill I'd lean wolf right now. Vague statements until prodded in to more discussion by Vernon. Mary commenting about the island/newbies observation appears like a wolf who has been pulled in to a conversation she doesn't want trying to be useful. Also defending Phil when Phil should be defending himself, leans me at putting those two together.

Kate pops up when the idea of lynching non-posters pops up but that could be coincidence.

Any comments?

My main comment would be that I'm not bad but at least your putting forward stuff, getting involved and hopefully getting people to react.

Wait Vernon linked Angus to himself? where? why would anyone ink themselves to someone else as part of a team?

Angus WW wrote: »
    How so, please explain?

Earlier when Vernon was trying to kick up a fight with me, he was working hard to link you and him together. “oh, look, Phil is throwing shade on me and Angus. How could you do this to me and Angus.”. Trying to get you and me snipin at each other, trying to get you to back him up, trying to make you think I was throwing mad shade at you.

Then Desmond swoops in now, and is the same. Saying the two of you are leaning village together cause of your interactions together. Your “bickering”. Tying you and Vernon together as a pair.

Maybe I’m over reading it, but I feel like there’s an attempt to....If Vernon shows up bad at any point, there’s a preset narrative that you and him are working together. And honest, I don’t think you are. But that’s how I’m reading some of what’s been said so far....

Specifically (but done over a few posts during this discussion)
    But it's very generic Phil. There's been two people posting pics in the thread since the game started and not everyone has posted.

So you're immediately shading me and Angus based off gif posting without actually coming out and saying our names.

That's wolfy behaviour :)

Vig could take a shot at phil and narrow down our lynch options?

Actually Phil, it was you who was throwing the shade immediately:
    Phil WW wrote:
    Also, no "There are no tasks" warning, coupled with the fact the first scheduled kills can change (as Mary pointed out) means I'm already throwing people who are giffing into a Suspects pile.

Who else had posted gifs aside from me and Angus?
    Phil WW wrote:
    Mate, you're being super jumpy if you took that post as some personal shot against yourself, and trying to drag Angus in too is interesting.

Again, you said that the giffers were going in your suspect pile. So it's you who made the link initially.
    Phil WW wrote:

So your above statement is misleading.

ahh right I read your "tying into a partnership" a bit differently. He did evoke the other persons name alright so that maybe he would not look so defensive just defending himself and could paint you as casting shade on multiple villagers but I dunno if I'd count that as a partnership

ahh right I read your "tying into a partnership" a bit differently. He did evoke the other persons name alright so that maybe he would not look so defensive just defending himself and could paint you as casting shade on multiple villagers but I dunno if I'd count that as a partnership

Phil should be defending himself Mary, not you doing it for him. Trying to cover for your wolfy pal?

• Advertisement

Not defending Phil. He could be as bad as anyone else at this stage imo but I am no fan of someone trying to influence a vig into using one of their imited bullets especially so early and based off such little info. That's as wolfy as anything else I've seen so far

anyone any thoughts on the crystals and super sonic and super wario? i imagine it wont play a role until later, maybe a bullet or something

Phil should be defending himself Mary, not you doing it for him. Trying to cover for your wolfy pal?

I know your going hard on Phil but the point you just quoted was me going against Phil's opinion and saying that what Vernon said didn't read to me as a partnership as he was suggesting. That's the opposite of what you implied with your response here

Earlier when Vernon was trying to kick up a fight with me, he was working hard to link you and him together. “oh, look, Phil is throwing shade on me and Angus. How could you do this to me and Angus.”. Trying to get you and me snipin at each other, trying to get you to back him up, trying to make you think I was throwing mad shade at you.

Then Desmond swoops in now, and is the same. Saying the two of you are leaning village together cause of your interactions together. Your “bickering”. Tying you and Vernon together as a pair.

Maybe I’m over reading it, but I feel like there’s an attempt to....If Vernon shows up bad at any point, there’s a preset narrative that you and him are working together. And honest, I don’t think you are. But that’s how I’m reading some of what’s been said so far....

I think you are over reading it.

You threw me & Vernon on your suspect pile over giffing, so it was you that linked us, not Vernon.
    Then you bring up this linking and say that Desmond's village reads are linked??? what....

I've pretty similar read on this thread as Des posted, so that gives me good lean on Des.

I know your going hard on Phil but the point you just quoted was me going against Phil's opinion and saying that what Vernon said didn't read to me as a partnership as he was suggesting. That's the opposite of what you implied with your response here

Ok, point taken. Misread on my part.
    Not defending Phil. He could be as bad as anyone else at this stage imo but I am no fan of someone trying to influence a vig into using one of their imited bullets especially so early and based off such little info. That's as wolfy as anything else I've seen so far

Knuckles – Vigilante – Can shoot a player once per cycle, but bullets don’t last forever!
    Bullets have expiry dates so need to be used. Vig will make their own decisions but I'm marking out clearly what I think they should do.

Katie WW wrote: »
    anyone any thoughts on the crystals and super sonic and super wario? i imagine it wont play a role until later, maybe a bullet or something

Probably related to this in the OP:
    Sonic the Hedgehog Challenge
    The Sonic the Hedgehog Challenge will take place on Monday at 11am; all players will be eligible to take part. More details will be announced Monday morning.

What's your reads so far Katie?

Ok, point taken. Misread on my part.

Knuckles – Vigilante – Can shoot a player once per cycle, but bullets don’t last forever!
    Bullets have expiry dates so need to be used. Vig will make their own decisions but I'm marking out clearly what I think they should do.

depends on how you read it. Could be one shot per cycle but a max number of shots per game for example.

Either way I don't think I am confident enough to state anyone is a wolf yet so would not be trying to influence the Vig. Personally I do find it a bit of a wolfy action to do so but obviously you are pretty strong on Phil.

Why so strong on Phil? most of your original comments when you mentioned Phil as being Wolfy were actually about me defending her or the island/noobs comment.

depends on how you read it. Could be one shot per cycle but a max number of shots per game for example.

Either way I don't think I am confident enough to state anyone is a wolf yet so would not be trying to influence the Vig. Personally I do find it a bit of a wolfy action to do so but obviously you are pretty strong on Phil.

Why so strong on Phil? most of your original comments when you mentioned Phil as being Wolfy were actually about me defending her or the island/noobs comment.

How do you know Phil is a her? Been chatting in your backroom?

Desmond WW wrote:
    How do you know Phil is a her? Been chatting in your backroom?

LOL

• Advertisement

Oh wow, this is hilariously wolfy. Imagine trying to pressure the vig into attacking someone so quickly, especially after posting only once or twice. If I wasn't sure you and Vernon were bad before, I'm nearly there now.
    Angus WW wrote: »
    I think you are over reading it.

You threw me & Vernon on your suspect pile over giffing, so it was you that linked us, not Vernon.
    Then you bring up this linking and say that Desmond's village reads are linked??? what....

I've pretty similar read on this thread as Des posted, so that gives me good lean on Des.

Listen, as I said earlier, when I posted this morning about "there looks to be tasks so I'm weary of giffers," that was a hilarious light weight "shading". If Vernon hadn't made such a massive deal out of it, I would have moved quickly on. It honestly wasn't an attempt to throw genuine shade. It was just looking through the rules, noticing there was no "No Tasks" rule, and then pointing out that gifs could be seen as such.

Vernon's reaction to what was a minor observation, one made more in jest than in seriousness, set me on him. The fact he's ticking every bloody box I'd have written up for a "How to catch a wolf" checklist hasn't helped.

I also don't think two wolves would have tied themselves together as quickly as you and Vernon did (first with your conversations last night, then Vernon trying to argue I was throwing some mad shade at you, and now Desmond linking you two together as well). So I don't think you're bad.

I do think Vernon wanted to pick a fight this morning, and used my "shade" :rolleyes: to try and creative a narrative around me. I think that Desmond has rushed in and very unsubtly thrown his full weight behind Vernon in that narrative doesn't help either.

As of right now, my leans are....

Wolves: Vernon, Desmond

Leaning good: Angus, Mary.

Still nothing on the other HALF of the village though.

Advertisement