Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The snow has started again. Neighbours were out shovelling snow earlier. Their efforts have since been undone!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i had to have a brief lie down there after reading mts current update!😮

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Streamers heading for Dublin are dying down now, might give some time for people to clear the already topped up snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

wakka12 wrote: »
    Some cavan poster back a few pages ago was saying they had 9 inches ..

No thaw here in this part of Dublin at the mo

Well definitely not in my part of Cavan. just a light dusting. Was nice to wake up to though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I went out for a there for a run with leggings, base layer, long sleeve top, 2 pairs of gloves, beanie. Sweating like a pig after a mile. I'd have gotten away with shorts and a long sleeve top. The fresh dry snow is great to run on, loads of grip.

oh ya. I hear it's the perfect texture for running.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

STATUS RED
    Snow-ice Warning for Munster and Leinster
    Blizzard-like conditions will develop in heavy snow and strong easterly winds on Thursday evening and will continue Thursday night and Friday morning giving significant snow drifts in many areas.

Issued:Wednesday 28 February 2018 11:00
    Valid:Thursday 01 March 2018 16:00 to Friday 02 March 2018 12:00

STATUS ORANGE
    Snow-ice Warning for Connacht, Cavan and Monaghan
    Persistent snow will develop on Thursday night and will continue into Friday. Together with strong easterly winds this may lead to snow drifts.
    Valid:Thursday 01 March 2018 20:00 to Friday 02 March 2018 12:00

Sorry if someone already said this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Is there a chance people are over reporting? Making me a tad jealous that inland leinster have seemingly 8-9 inches already and its only 2 or so inches in south east dublin :'(

I reckon some people are. Someone posted that they had 15cm and posted some photo's. Definitely no more than Bray going on the photo's and we have 5cm on the Seafront.

I don't expect to see anymore snow here in Bray till tonight when the wind is due to turn back a little more ENE.

Father gave me that sceptical smile when I showed him the Snow Crampons for his shoes and Snow socks for his Van yesterday. He came back from deliveries this morning having used both on the snow and couldn't sing their praises loud enough. Bravo Amazon for delivering them just ahead of the Snow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Would sandyford be the snowiest dublin suburb at the mo? I want to get the luas to wherever has deepest snow after work:pac:

Don't think so, west/north Dublin is worse from what I can see/being told/photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Arbour Hill....took a small walk a few min ago. so quiet and beautiful

Thor Place represent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

How are we all today then? everyone happy and got some snow? :D

I caught some of those showers coming into Dublin bay early this morning, the breeze on the strand would cut you in two, worth it though

DXHOKGAX0AA2Xtu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

kod87 wrote: »
    Having great difficulty building a snowman with this dry powdery sh!te

Keep rolling it... you'll get there... took us a bit too.... it was a grand way to thin out the snow in patches to allow the grass pop up for our wild rabbits to munch on later...

443406.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,149 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Bastion Quay, Athlone?

Keen eyes. I'm at my my work mates gaf, were um "working from home" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

The largest amount of warnings ive seen on the met eireann site

STATUS RED

Snow-ice Warning for Munster and Leinster
    Blizzard-like conditions will develop in heavy snow and strong easterly winds on Thursday evening and will continue Thursday night and Friday morning giving significant snow drifts in many areas.

Valid:Thursday 01 March 2018 16:00 to Friday 02 March 2018 12:00

STATUS RED

Snow-ice Warning for Dublin, Kildare, Louth, Wicklow and Meath
    Heavy overnight snowfall has led to accumulations of snow between 5 and 10cm. Snow showers will continue to occur during today and again tonight with further accumulations. Total snowfall up to midday Thursday may reach 25cm.

Issued:Wednesday 28 February 2018 05:00
    Valid:Wednesday 28 February 2018 05:00 to Thursday 01 March 2018 12:00

STATUS ORANGE

Snow-ice Warning for Connacht, Cavan and Monaghan
    Persistent snow will develop on Thursday night and will continue into Friday. Together with strong easterly winds this may lead to snow drifts.

Valid:Thursday 01 March 2018 20:00 to Friday 02 March 2018 12:00

STATUS ORANGE

Snow-ice Warning for Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Wexford, Offaly, Westmeath, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford
    Update
    Scattered heavy snow showers continuing today, tonight and tomorrow with further accumulations.

Issued:Wednesday 28 February 2018 08:14
    Valid:Wednesday 28 February 2018 06:00 to Thursday 01 March 2018 12:00

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Clare and Limerick
    Scattered heavy snow showers today, tonight, and tomorrow.

Valid:Wednesday 28 February 2018 08:00 to Thursday 01 March 2018 12:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

MadYaker wrote: »
    Keen eyes. I'm at my my work mates gaf, were um "working from home" :D

Haha thought it looked familiar. Lived there for a few years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very sunny, and not as cold in Monasterevin now. Roads have mostly cleared up, and i'd almost be worried it'd start melting. Hopefully we see some more soon, and then even more tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Love seeing the posts from Oscar Bravo - you know something is brewing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,512 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Dublin 13 today.

R2mMDgj.jpg

rRZBqBm.jpg

u9UJojo.jpg

5VSqIML.jpg

hfD5SDY.jpg

CIsqCEB.jpg

ivVos0W.jpg

Bmw95i6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

Looking out from Central Park Leopardstown, Dublin. towards Howth in the Distance

443407.jpg

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

Blue skys in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭aidanodr

revelman wrote: »
    Picture of 4x4 having overturned in Kinsale town centre on Kinsale Notice Board on FB. The snow showers seem to have been quite localized and have hugged the coast from Cloyne down to Clonakilty. What was remarkable about them is how intense they were. 6 inches outside now.

Yip .. Im in Carrigaline. We got well hit through the night last night, but over the hill in Cork city .. NOTHING. Hence all the radio stations ( 96fm, Red FM ) displaying disbelief and callers also .. "Shur no snow here in the city, how could it be there" .. implication is someone telling porkies. I mean .. whats that attitude all about, I dont get it?

This morning people could not get in / out of Carrigaline easily. And of course, because the city was fine it was "get into work" ( if working in city ). Carrs hill ( main route ) is impassable appareently. Cars abandoned all over the place. The only route, if you have to, is via rochestown / passage / monkstown to carrigaline via ringaskiddy road. On the flat.

It seems all the coastal towns inc Crosshaven, Kinsale, Clon all got hit too while city ( only about 16kms away ) was left alone, nothing over night apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Tazio wrote: »
    Keep rolling it... you'll get there... took us a bit too.... it was a grand way to thin out the snow in patches to allow the grass pop up for our wild rabbits to munch on later...

Fair play, kids here could only build a snow mound! Balls just wouldn't roll and gather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Blue skys in cork city

Look EAST ( toward little Island ). Massive cloud bank cooming in over carrigaline anyway, at the moment ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

brief moderate/heavy graupel shower. More cbs out to sea. Dalkey area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Getting quiet out in the Irish Sea now, shower activity decreasing now.
    Here comes the sun! :(
    edit: just saw above post now, cbs where? To the north I'd say?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Just done the maths.

South Laois.

Snow Maths.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Sun breaking through the clouds here. Lots of clouds to the east though. -2c in Dublin Airport so shouldn't be too far off that here.

Dear Mr. Sun,
    Could you please buzz off for the next few days? We've seen enough of you this month! Come back when we need you *cough* summer *cough*
    Thanks

443409.jpgKilternan today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Its kind of sunny now and scaring me a little..solar radiation can melt snow a bit even if the temps are below 0 can't it??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

ronoc wrote: »
    443409.jpgKilternan today

thats a very pretty church

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just started in Cavan town in the last few minutes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement