Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options
1295296297298299301»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    My house is on a corner leading into my estate. Lost count the number of tools who’ve nearly spun, hit another car or come through my front garden because they’re going to fast around the corner. What is it with people and these conditions in cars? They think they’re some sort of magic vehicles.

The amount of 171 & 181 suv's that overtook me today in Cork was ridiculous, they think they're invincible in snow and ice :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

honeybear wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but what are “streamers”?

Showers that whip up over lakes/seas. Google lake effect snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHkKVEvscmg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Grandeeod wrote: »
    SNOWMANCE!:D

A hot port together in our parkas <3

• Registered Users Posts: 13,511 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    Will this go down as the big snow of 2018 and the most snowfall in Irish history?

Most snowfall in Irish history :pac:, not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭aidanodr

jo06555 wrote: »
    Where you see this?

https://www.met.ie/nationalwarnings/default.asp
    STATUS RED

Snow-ice Warning for Dublin, Kildare, Louth, Wexford, Wicklow, Meath, Cork and Waterford

Update

Further disruptive heavy snow showers are expected overnight with significant accumulations.

Issued:Wednesday 28 February 2018 20:00
    Valid:Wednesday 28 February 2018 20:00 to Thursday 01 March 2018 12:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

patneve2 wrote: »
    Tip of anglesey seems to be intensifying the showers. Cmon, radar looking finally decent :D

Dub 16 to be hit? You haven't let me down so far with your tips

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

revelman wrote: »
    I get that but if Dun Laoighire or Howth had the sort of conditions we had today dont you think it would have been the main news headline on RTE? I said rant over cos I think this 'Dublin Media' stuff is generally overstated but not always...

There was loads of snow in Dublin today.
    And when you posted that first I was watching the midlands correspondent in Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

patneve2 wrote: »
    Tip of anglesey seems to be intensifying the showers. Cmon, radar looking finally decent :D

Dub 16 to be hit? You haven't let me down so far with your tips

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

443547.jpg

Fingers crossed they make it across. In bray so right in the firing line

• Registered Users Posts: 17,253 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What do I spy on collision course for Dublin lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

OK....closing this thread now as we near the 10K post limit per thread.

Shiny new thread open here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057846496

Please be good over there! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement