Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Danno wrote: »
    Red Alert for Leinster-Munster from 4pm today.

Nope, 4pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Looking for advice on travel tomorrow morning. Would getting from Co. Waterford to South Kilkenny be expected to be similar tomorrow morning, as to this morning? I got into work ok in the car (automatic with rw drive, so I was very nervous), main roads were gritted, and I took it very very handy.

I have 2 outdoor cats in work, and I'm tempted to let them stay in the office overnight, until I get in to feed them and let them back out tomorrow morning. They are inside during the day with me, but sleep under the office at night. I feel awful today at the thoughts of putting them out in the snow this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

erica74 wrote: »
    Heavy snow in Waterford now, poor visibility.

Sun shining in Industrial estate :)

Gonzo wrote: »
    sorry to hear that, I know well how frustrating it is to be under a shadow. We had very little here up to this morning because of the IOM Shadow. Right now there is about 6cm of snow here which is less than half of what most other parts of Dublin, Kildare and north Wicklow have.

So far this event has been dissapointing here, infact the irony is so far I saw more snow from the north-westerly a few weeks ago with 8cm one night, but I am hoping we will get more later on. The sun has made its appearance here now.

Hopefully your situation will improve with Storm Emma dumping loads of snow.

Swinging around to an easterly now Gonzo it seems. North Co Dublin, Meath & Louth could do quite well this afternoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

je551e wrote: »
    Kerry missing out on all the action :(

You may see some decent snowfall tomorrow night in to Friday morning. Be patient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

This post has been deleted.

Bout 12cm on the floor in Sandyford villiage area. Suns out, no fall for about an hour now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Can see a small but very heavy shower over the sea near howth. Also saw something funnel like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

And over the border in Athlone, sun is shining and no fresh snowfall

I'm much further east! Rhode, Co. Offaly. Not too far from Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

4pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Status red for Munster is valid from 4pm tomorrow, most likely related to the arrival of Storm Emma.

Current temps in Tramore, Co. Waterford, Light but heaps of snow falling, sun gone hiding again for now:

Air Temp: -2.9c
    Windchill: -8.9c
    Apparent Temp: -9.2c
    Dew Point: -5.8c

It's bloody freezing out there..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,519 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Tomorrow not today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Coffee n chocs

Its from 4pm tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Much heavier in Drogheda now..at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

patneve2 wrote: »
    Can see a small but very heavy shower over the sea near howth. Also saw something funnel like.

A snowado :)

Switch to an easterly flow can be seen on the last few images.

https://en.sat24.com/HD/en/eu/visual

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Thawing fast Dublin South

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nothing yet in Galway :/
    We had a light dusting through the night but it's already meting. I think tonight we are meant to get hit properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Red warning has just been issued by met eireann for Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Speak Now wrote: »

It's like 2 different counties, I'm only down the road in the hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lucyryan1983

RubyK wrote: »
    Looking for advice on travel tomorrow morning. Would getting from Co. Waterford to South Kilkenny be expected to be similar tomorrow morning, as to this morning? I got into work ok in the car (automatic with rw drive, so I was very nervous), main roads were gritted, and I took it very very handy.

I have 2 outdoor cats in work, and I'm tempted to let them stay in the office overnight, until I get in to feed them and let them back out tomorrow morning. They are inside during the day with me, but sleep under the office at night. I feel awful today at the thoughts of putting them out in the snow this evening.
    Leave them in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

And over the border in Athlone, sun is shining and no fresh snowfall
    Its coming, snowing in Mullingar for the past 30 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

I would expect UL to shut up shop tomorrow evening, based on the red warning for the province.

That will mean no Thursday night gig for Charity Week..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Still sub zero here -0.5c - snow on and off all morning. Hoping we get some more beefy showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

wakka12 wrote: »
    Is there a chance people are over reporting? Making me a tad jealous that inland leinster have seemingly 8-9 inches already and its only 2 or so inches in south east dublin :'(

Just measured over 6 inches accumulation right outside house in rural Kinsale. If tomorrow evening brings what it is supposed to bring we could have at least double that here. Never seen anything like this in Ireland before. Glorious sun out now though so respite from the showers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Wind ESE now. Sometimes showers can form from west or south of anglesea and hit south dublin even though the sea track means lower ppn rates...its 90 km to Anglesey and a bit more south of Anglesea so borderline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Switch to an easterly flow can be seen on the last few images.

https://en.sat24.com/HD/en/eu/visual

Looks like it, thought the latest streamers would just skirt us here in Kinnegad but they came more directly from the east and it's snowing like mad now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Not sure if this has been posted already but Cork Airport is suspending operations from 12 noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Heavy snow in Waterford now, poor visibility.
    Speak Now wrote: »
    It's like 2 different counties, I'm only down the road in the hospital.

It's mad. 5 mins ago blazing sun. Now I look out the office window in the estate and snow and cloud :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Near whiteout again in D5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Thawing in Greystones..

1982 ? It's not even close to 2010 here.

Really glad I stayed up late last night to enjoy it.

Hopefully we'll see something more interesting in the next day or 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement