Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were in charge, what rules would you make?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

I'd bring in a Shoot To Kill policy for anybody over the age of 12 who cycles a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

1) Everybody has to dress in suits and/or ballgowns. Class it up a bit lads.

2) Scumbags and idiots to the workhouse where they will prepare lunches/dinners for the rest of the population. You can also hire them out if you want, but they must be returned by nightfall.

3) Galway is the new capital of Ireland. Dublin is relegated to the New Longford. Longford is the New Monaghan and so on.

4) Fines for Fatties to replace the T.V. Licence.

5) Every Monday is a bank holiday Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Gulag for -
    Hipsters
    Goths
    Teachers over the age of 60 (retire already!
    People who refuse to use the English language properly.
    Destruction of the gaeltacht
    Invade the Falklands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

Duggy747 wrote: »
    If you're caught talking or using your phone during a film in the cinema then you'll be brought down to the front and executed in front of everyone.

Can we record this on our phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

No hawking and spitting in public! Just swallow your phlegm, for heaven's sake and stop grossing the rest of us out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 214 ✭✭edbrez

No counter staff in McDonalds are allowed to say to a customer "when you're ready".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Women must wear high heels at all times

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Every child will be issued with a vuvuzela on their fifth birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Going to get hammered for this...

Women are to be banned from using ATMs and Tesco self service machines.

So as not to completely alienate the better smelling gender I will give all women free travel on Dublin Bus...so as not to hold up the bus when the driver takes you by surprise by quoting a fare and you have to go rummaging through your bag

• Registered Users Posts: 30,203 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Any type of sexual intercourse outside of marriage should be illegal!
    First offence would be a fine.
    Second offence would be a fine and community service.
    Third offence would be a prison sentence.
    Forth offence would be a long prison sentence and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

No socks and sandals together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,514 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Two oulfellas crashed into my mother's car recently in Fairview. They looked like the age of over 80/90.

Such people shouldn't be allowed drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Abortions for some, miniature Irish flags for other's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Great idea, seeing as women are generally expected to shave too.

Anyway, I've a list as long as my arm of rules coming in after I stage my benevolent coup....I've loads more.

Your coup might be benevolent but your regime sure as hell won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Boards Mods must display their real full name, address and contact details below their Username at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Anybody who votes for a TV talent show loses their right to ever vote in a real election.

Escalator training to be mandatory. If you want to stand and let the escalator/travelator do all of the work..no problem but stand aside.

I believe this is an Irish thing. You'd probably be stabbed if you did it on the Tube network in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

No travelling allowed. All persons must reside in a permanent structure.

No travelling allowed. All persons must reside in a permanent structure.

Wow thank god you're not president :).

Coldplay fans to have a capital C tattooed on their foreheads to prevent decent people accidentally engaging them in conversation.

• Advertisement

uch wrote: »
    Mine would be Smoking Everywhere

Yeah good luck to you surviving then as long as me (I do not / will not smoke ever)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Free sniper rifle for everyone and a mandatory day of shooting at things every month.

RTE to be closed down immediately and all employees sent to , you've guessed it , the gulag.

Free hats for everyone.

Anyone who used thier phone to text while driving shall have a phone tattoed on thier face.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭HiJacques

Collie D wrote: »
    Escalator training to be mandatory. If you want to stand and let the escalator/travelator do all of the work..no problem but stand aside.

I believe this is an Irish thing. You'd probably be stabbed if you did it on the Tube network in London.

People standing still and riding the escalator to the end is actually more efficient than having one side of the escalator free for eijets who can't plan their journey with enough time to reach their destination without having to inconvenience others. :)

theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/16/the-tube-at-a-standstill-why-tfl-stopped-people-walking-up-the-escalators

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Devices fitted into all Taxis preventing them from ever breaking the rules of the road and carrying out stupid inconsiderate manoeuvres.

Devices fitted at road intersections that vapourises any vehicle breaking a Red Light or illegally stopping in a Yellow Box unless its an emergency vehicle.

Road Tax built into petrol price.

Build three large hi-tech hi-capacity prisons around the country, which will create jobs, and overhaul the namby pamby hand wringing judicial system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Free sniper rifle for everyone and a mandatory day of shooting at things every month.

RTE to be closed down immediately and all employees sent to , you've guessed it , the gulag.

Free hats for everyone.

Anyone who used thier phone to text while driving shall have a phone tattoed on thier face.

Hats you say, I'm intrigued by this. Tell me more

HiJacques wrote: »
    People standing still and riding the escalator to the end is actually more efficient than having one side of the escalator free for eijets who can't plan their journey with enough time to reach their destination without having to inconvenience others. :)

theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/jan/16/the-tube-at-a-standstill-why-tfl-stopped-people-walking-up-the-escalators

While your theory is at odds with my own it is an interesting viewpoint.

I shall arrange extra rations for you on every second Sunday you serve in the gulag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

jamesbere wrote: »
    Hats you say, I'm intrigued by this. Tell me more

First of all when you meet someone likeminded , you have the option of "tipping your hat to them ".

Large hats can be used to store stuff in , like a sammich or a smaller hat.

Sir I advise you to Google "ushanka" , you will be suitably impressed and it be one of life's goals to obtain one.

Finally , sir , I tip my hat to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'd ban swing dancing. Stupid twirly gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Louth will be liquidated.

That's all I'd do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I'd ban swing dancing. Stupid twirly gob****es.

They're twirling towards freedom you monster:eek:

Advertisement