Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were in charge, what rules would you make?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

First of all when you meet someone likeminded , you have the option of "tipping your hat to them ".

Large hats can be used to store stuff in , like a sammich or a smaller hat.

Sir I advise you to Google "ushanka" , you will be suitably impressed and it be one of life's goals to obtain one.

Finally , sir , I tip my hat to you.

I like your hat related plans, you can be my minister for hats after the upcoming purge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

The one wanker that miraculously summons a guitar at house parties and what not should be tarred and feathered at the nearest sunrise. The individuals clique who order people to sssh while he blasts out Wonderwall and Wagonwheel like a strangled cat have to conduct the tarring and feathering as punishment for disturbing the [lack of] peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

I would take back the 6 counties and I would also ban the import of British Tea e.g. Tetleys, Pg tips. The good people of the north have been drinking crap tea for decades :D

Lyons and Barrys tea is way nicer even the Aldi tea is nicer than the British muck they call tea.

Free Tea for those who are depressed. A good old cup of tea and a chat cheers most people up.

I would also have more Bank Holidays and would extend the opening hours of off-licences and nightclubs at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    The one wanker that miraculously summons a guitar at house parties and what not should be tarred and feathered at the nearest sunrise. The individuals clique who order people to sssh while he blasts out Wonderwall and Wagonwheel like a strangled cat have to conduct the tarring and feathering as punishment for disturbing the [lack of] peace.

I suggest you look up the original Roman origin of the word "decimate"

Edit: And also run for Supreme Ruler

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Internet wifi banned from pubs and clubs after 6pm. I don't want to be shown the latest "hilarious" f**king lame joe.ie video with the head of Wayne Rooney digitally pasted onto the head of the dragon woman from 'game of thrones' while I'm trying to have a pint and the next mong what tries it will have their own severed head pasted onto my throne

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement

buried wrote: »
    Internet wifi banned from pubs and clubs after 6pm. I don't want to be shown the latest "hilarious" f**king lame joe.ie video with the head of Wayne Rooney digitally pasted onto the head of the dragon woman from 'game of thrones' while I'm trying to have a pint and the next mong what tries it will have their own severed head pasted onto my throne

Get where you're coming from I reckon WiFi in pubs can potentially save lives. Nowadays you can go on Google to prove that kangaroos do in fact have three vaginas (vaginae?) or that Tom Cruise is in fact a prick.

Back in the day there could be knifings over such important drunken discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Cowboy builders/tradespeople *insert any variant of a sociopath* will be first against the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Public execution of striking luas drivers and people who believe in pastafarianism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Yeah good luck to you surviving then as long as me (I do not / will not smoke ever)

Wouldn't it be ironic if you were run-over by a driver lighting up a cigarette ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be ironic if you were run-over by a driver lighting up a cigarette ..........

Oh god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭buried

Collie D wrote: »
    Get where you're coming from I reckon WiFi in pubs can potentially save lives. Nowadays you can go on Google to prove that kangaroos do in fact have three vaginas (vaginae?) or that Tom Cruise is in fact a prick.

Back in the day there could be knifings over such important drunken discussions.

I hear ya but you could be at the end of a pub quiz and then discover the winners of the thing had got all the three kangaroo vagina tom cruise questions from their phone tablet and murder could ensue from the cheated militant pub quiz people there too!

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭the14thwarrior

bring the phoenix back to when all the roads were opened, and you didn't have to drive halfway around it to get somewhere in it.
    and as a bonus driver over those stupid runners who use the road to run on, despite there being a perfectly good path each side of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Close the Gulag.

buried wrote: »
    I hear ya but you could be at the end of a pub quiz and then discover the winners of the thing had got all the three kangaroo vagina tom cruise questions from their phone tablet and murder could ensue from the cheated militant pub quiz people there too!

My own solution to mobile phones at pub quizzes is that anyone caught using one should have it confiscated and used as a prize in the raffle

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wonzy

Stop giving single mothers free houses and give them caravans to live in.

Forced contraception until you are in a stable job and can afford a child.

Cut out giving people money on welfare. Food Stamps and money card that can only be used to pay bills.

Cut Welfare in half for all people who are not willing to move for work.

Cut taxes for all people working.

Cut the Christmas Bonus.

Any person with the latest Iphone and can afford two holidays a year should have their welfare halved.

There goes another lighthearted thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

1. Anyone caught double parking to pop into shop because they're to lazy to park gets a 7 day driving ban

2. Using mobile phone while driving gets an instant 7 day driving ban

3. Cyclist that cycle in large groups taking up whole road get an instant lead weight of 1kg put onto there frame and 2 cogs taking off back cassette .

4. Dog owners who don't pick up there dog shyte get An instant fine of 2000 euros or jail for 3 months

5. People on dole after 3 months have to clean the streets and do other jobs in community. Instead of just being lazy ars bastards .

6. People on dole caught working on side made pay all money back they got on dole plus a lifetime ban on claiming dole in future.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

- Galway is a very pleasant city to visit. In order to make visits there even more pleasant, all crusties, buskers and students will be relocated from Galway to Longford.
    - Luas driver contracts will be put out to public tender where individuals can offer their services. The lowest bids will get the jobs, assuming they pass background checks/Garda vetting.
    - Budweiser will be banned from the country. Illegal consumption of the liquid will result in a long stay in a re-education camp.
    - A breeding program involving willing Irish women and Lionel Messi will be instigated in an effort to breed a future generation of footballers who might actually be able to kick a ball without falling over.
    - There will be a bounty placed on the heads of Daithí Ó Sé, Gay Byrne, Ryan Tubridy, Ray D'Arcy and Hector. I don't mind if nobody catches/kills them, but at least it'll keep them off the airwaves when they go into hiding.
    - Unlike other suggestions, the invasion plans will be a little more modest. We'll be starting with Liechtenstein and see how that goes. If it works out OK and we don't get our asses kicked we'll consider moving on to invading somewhere a little bigger. Luxembourg maybe.
    - Pubs will no longer close on Good Friday, however everyone deserves Christmas Day off, where possible.
    - Soap operas will be banned on TV. Anyone caught watching them, reading about them or talking about them will be given a nice holiday in a re-education camp.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

That AH Mods get free counselling and/or beer for life. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,390 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Your coup might be benevolent but your regime sure as hell won't be.

My regime will be positively fluffy compared to some of the subsequent suggestions.

Holy jaysis, some people really have a surfeit of rage.

• Advertisement

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My regime will be positively fluffy compared to some of the subsequent suggestions.

Holy jaysis, some people really have a surfeit of rage.

I thought the same myself.

TORTURE AND EXECUTE EVERY LAST MAN WOMAN AND CHILD CLAIMING SOCIAL WELFARE!!!!!!

LET THE FÜCKERS EAT CAKE!!!!!!

It went a bit like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

A life sentence prison colony for career and reoffending criminals. Id build such a defensive death zone for a perimeter that would put rural Cambodia to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

If I was in charge, I'd force everyone who complains about social welfare to live on it for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I'd ban the 180ml bottles of coke and other soft drinks in pubs. 330ml cans, for the same price.
    Tayto would be given back the rights to the name Monster Munch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Duggy747 wrote: »
    If you're caught talking or using your phone during a film in the cinema then you'll be brought down to the front and executed in front of everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8UOEmxzXRY&feature=player_detailpage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

RayM wrote: »
    If I was in charge, I'd force everyone who complains about social welfare to live on it for a year.

Does that include people who complain about it because they are on it and think it's not enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I would bring in a rule that all rules must be adhered to. Why bring in rules and then ignore them?

Well, just to piss you off, I would follow every other single rule, except for that one.

:)

I'd execute anyone who abuses an animal. The more tortured the animal was, the more torturous the perpetrators death will be.
    Am I only the ruler of Ireland or everywhere? Because I'd like this enforced worldwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I'd execute anyone who abuses an animal. The more tortured the animal was, the more torturous the perpetrators death will be.
    Am I only the ruler of Ireland or everywhere? Because I'd like this enforced worldwide.

Just so we are clear- would eating an animal be considered abuse?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pojfexcsc

Wonzy wrote: »
    Stop giving single mothers free houses and give them caravans to live in.

Forced contraception until you are in a stable job and can afford a child.

Cut out giving people money on welfare. Food Stamps and money card that can only be used to pay bills.

Cut Welfare in half for all people who are not willing to move for work.

Cut taxes for all people working.

Cut the Christmas Bonus.

Any person with the latest Iphone and can afford two holidays a year should have their welfare halved.

Alright Thatcher back in the ground you go.

Advertisement