Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you were in charge, what rules would you make?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

1. Misuse of the possessive apostrophe to be punishable by Viking "blood eagle" execution.

2. Talking on the phone on public transport will result in phone being confiscated, thrown out of the window, and the offender defenestrated.

3. Parking Stasi armed with tape measures and pointy sticks to puncture any tyre which encroaches onto another parking space.

4. Flaying alive of those who park right outside a supermarket door rather than a marked bay on the car park like everybody else.

5. Blocking the aise with a loaded shopping trolley will result in imprisonment in the upturned trolley for one week, or until payment of a fine of one Euro (2 Euros in Aldi).

6. Cat lovers to be minced and fed to their cats.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Enda & Co don't seem so bad after some of the suggestions on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Ban boarding schools for kids aged 13 and under

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone that recieves 6 penalty points or more should have to sit their driving test again
    Motor Tax should be abolished and replaced with a levy on fuel

Annual Purge where the public are allowed to hunt politicans and high ranking public servants

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

shaunr68 wrote: »

6. Cat lovers to be minced and fed to their cats.

Why you do dis to me Dimi?

What did the cute kitties ever do to you, eh? EH?

You do realise that if you fed cats whole humans, they'd soon grow to be the size of dinosaurs and take over the world.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭HornyDevil

Deedsie wrote: »
    I would shut down the two Dáil bars in Leinster house. National embarrassment for a country with such a terrible reputation of alcohol abuse for our political representatives to be discussing legislation etc while intoxicated.

You really want to improve mental health and suicide statistics. Address the binge drinking culture that has been engineered over the last forty years. It might improve some societal and antisocial behavioural issues too.

Cheers. *hic*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Close Europe's borders to immigrants and so-called refugees immediately. This flood of immigration is simply destroying Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Agreed, withdraw from the EU and ban all muslims

It s too late for Germany, France, and the US but Ireland might still have a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wonzy

Elect Donald Trump - Make Ireland great again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'd ban cycling for anyone over the age of 10. You shouldn't be allowed use your toy on the roads, especially if you're an idiot.

Also, build a metro under Dublin that would also link up with a tunnel over to the UK. And a proper public transport system country-wide with super fast trains and regular buses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People who do a crime like burglary, robbing cars ,robbing phones .
    have to pay a fine ,at least 1000 euro to
    be given to a childrens charity or their victims .
    parking to be free in citys ,towns on sunday, 9am -midnight.
    All schools to accept 30 per cent non catholics applicants
    if they are non private schools .
    50 cent tax on all soft drinks over 500ml.
    The seanad to be closed down
    its just a talking shop to give ex tds pensions and high wages ,for doing
    something meaningless .
    It has no power or influence on anyone.
    Anyone with 3 people in a car can drive in the bus lane 7am to 7pm.
    I see no point to veganism but they are doing no harm to anyone .
    Irish to be made an optional subject at secondary school .

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

I'd ban cycling for anyone over the age of 10. You shouldn't be allowed use your toy on the roads, especially if you're an idiot.

An idiot in a car is infinitely more dangerous than an idiot on a bicycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Why would you let under 10's cycle? you realise they are legally obliged to cycle on the road, some think there is a age limit but there is none in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Great idea, seeing as women are generally expected to shave too.

Anyway, I've a list as long as my arm of rules coming in after I stage my benevolent coup.

1. People who take more than 45 seconds to use an ATM are going in the gulag.

2. Likewise people who take more than a second to move off at a green light.

3. Likewise people who can't use the Walkinstown roundabout properly.

4. Umbrellas will be banned everywhere except the golf course.

5. Opaque black tights will be outlawed between the May bank holiday weekend and October 1st.

6. Statutory "Sunny Day Leave" to be brought in.

I've loads more.
    Here's mine:
    Impatient phuckers should be banned to the back of the queue every time they complain, they will very quickly realise patience is a virtue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Double the water charges and extend good friday to the whole weekend - just to watch the world burn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

Allow motorists to turn left though red lights
    Remove motor tax, replace with fuel levy
    Any restaurant serving 'cook a steak on a hot stone', will have said stone force fed to the head chef
    Bring back chopping hands off for theft
    Due to overcrowding in our prison system, a Battle Royale system will be implemented
    Incentivise workplace calisthenics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Free ice-cream/gelato for everyone.
    (Vote for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Make cannabis legal over the age of 18 and set up cannabis shops ,
    as in america its taxed in certain states .
    cannabis to be legal at least for medical use ,
    its a very effective painkiller with no side effects .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

I'd ban footpaths and cars, if you don't cycle, you can stay at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Jail would be reserved exclusively for violent crimes. Victims of non-violent crimes would be compensated by the offender monetarily and through additional means.

Less restrictive laws on abortion, legalise euthanasia and all drugs.

School curriculum would include modules on problem solving, critical thinking, creativity and debating.

Irish taught in schools would be focused almost entirely on students ability to actually speak their native tongues.

Tax incentives for companies to hire new graduates.

Financial support by the state to encourage entrepreneurship and a safety net for people starting their own business.

Encouragement for building high rises in our cities.

4 day working week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

riclad wrote:
    Make cannabis legal over the age of 18 and set up cannabis shops , as in america its taxed in certain states . cannabis to be legal at least for medical use , its a very effective painkiller with no side effects .

Just legalise everything and be done with it. Waste of time and money fighting drugs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

uch wrote: »
    Mine would be Smoking Everywhere

How about- only U16s are allowed to smoke and they are required to smoke daily. Anyone smoking after that age is executed.

rubadub wrote: »
    Why would you let under 10's cycle? you realise they are legally obliged to cycle on the road, some think there is a age limit but there is none in this country.

Because bikes are toys and children should be allowed play with them in green areas and the like. I'd ban bikes as a mode of transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I'd reclassify tomatoes as vegetables.

I don't care where the seeds grow, or what botanists say, tomatoes are vegetables. They just are.

I'd ban bikes as a mode of transport.

I'd like to know why, it's an extremely more efficient mode of transport than a car.

Oymyakon wrote: »
    I'd like to know why, it's an extremely more efficient mode of transport than a car.

Because they're annoying and dangerous. Especially in Dublin. Weaving in and out of traffic, going through red lights and moving from path to road when it suits them. I've nearly been mown down by cyclists more times than I can count at this stage!

Edit: but anyway this thread isn't about cyclists so that's the last I'll say on the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

pragmatic1 wrote:
    Jail would be reserved exclusively for violent crimes. Victims of non-violent crimes would be compensated by the offender monetarily and through additional means.

Cool, so rich people never have to go to jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Because they're annoying and dangerous. Especially in Dublin. Weaving in and out of traffic, going through red lights and moving from path to road when it suits them. I've nearly been mown down by cyclists more times than I can count at this stage!

You're talking about bad cyclists. It would be more pertinent to introduce a cycling license.

Edit: but anyway this thread isn't about cyclists so that's the last I'll say on the issue

Related to what another person said, you are painting them all with the same brush. Far more people are killed by idiot drivers, but surely cars shouldn't be banned?

I'd also agree with having some sort of license, as cyclists who put pedestrians at risk should not be allowed use the road.

• Advertisement

Oymyakon wrote: »
    Related to what another person said, you are painting them all with the same brush. Far more people are killed by idiot drivers, but surely cars shouldn't be banned?

I'd also agree with having some sort of license, as cyclists who put pedestrians at risk should not be allowed use the road.

Well luckily I'll be in charge so I can do whatever I want :pac:
    ALL cyclists to be thrown into the gulag (whatever that is) and the key thrown away, so there! :P

Advertisement