Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

roundone wrote: »
    Thanks. Would I need them even I use the post nuptial option?

The post nuptial route does not exist anymore. You will either have to get your parents birth certs, or get naturalised.

Dublin1924 wrote: »
    Yours will be with you tuesday for sure, But any idea why my application is stuck at stage 2 since 6th May. Is their any problem with my application etc or ots normal that application can be on stage 2 for 3 weeks. Please reply

Was your application a renewal posted in on it's own? Or posted together with a lost or first passport? Or were you applying for the first time yourself?
    What is the expected issue date, and what are the current turn-around times (on their website)?

If it's at stage 2 it has not been looked at yet. So everything could be right (or wrong) with it, but it is waiting to be looked at at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

I have gotten myself into a conundrum, I was due to travel from Belfast to Barcelona on the 30th of May. My passport was stolen (it was in a bag with loads of other things) a few months back and I booked an appointment for a rapid renewal passport for Wednesday just gone - thinking that I had plenty of time, I would have but as I have lost two passports before they wouldn't issue a standard one and will only do a 2year passport and it won't be issued quicker than 10 working days.

That's all my fault, and they were helpful so I have learnt my lesson. I asked the agent if i could get a guaranteed date so i can book a new flight. She said it will be issued on the 31st, before close of business (they close at 5pm) so not to book a flight earlier than that.

I'm going to a festival and my boyfriend will be there on his own. The latest direct flight leaves dublin at 18:45 with aer lingus, the latest time they can issue the passport is 5pm, and i'd only have to be at the desk 45minutes before the flight departs. Is this enough time to pre-book a taxi to take me from the office on Merrion Square as soon as the passport changes hands or am I mad?
    The flight is expensive and i don't want to miss another night of the holiday but also, it might be a huge mistake to cut it that fine. I'.ve already scoured Skyscanner and even looked at flying into other airports

Also, can API be provided at the check in desk or would I have to submit that before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Should be enough time if they go through the tunnel (will add a tenner to the fare). I'd also book fast track security to be safe, airport can be really busy at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If the latest time for the passport is 5pm, you might be lucky and get it even half an hour earlier.
    Second using the tunnel, even with the added expense it is worth it to take ages off the journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dublin1924

Malee wrote: »
    Was your application a renewal posted in on it's own? Or posted together with a lost or first passport? Or were you applying for the first time yourself?
    What is the expected issue date, and what are the current turn-around times (on their website)?

If it's at stage 2 it has not been looked at yet. So everything could be right (or wrong) with it, but it is waiting to be looked at at all.

Yes its a first time adult application, Target issue date was 18 may. The application is on second stage since 5th May and no update since than.

Dublin1924 wrote: »
    Yes its a first time adult application, Target issue date was 18 may. The application is on second stage since 5th May and no update since than.

Their website states current turn around times for first time applications is 27 working days.
    That would indicate that it won't be looked at until at least a week from now.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/current-turnaround-times/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shaunao

Hi all.
    I am travelling to Italy in 15 days. My passport has gone missing. I've torn the house apart looking for it but it isnt anywhere. I think I should call it a day and apply for a new one. But the lost one could still turn up in the meantime.What should I do? Do I have enough time to recieve a new passport before I have to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Probably not.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/

25 working days for lost/stolen passports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Did you check the bags you had the last time you went away. Think you can make an appointment to get an emergency one

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Yes, you have enough time to get a new one, but you will have to make an appointment in the passport office, and pay extra.

First things first, get to your local Garda station and make a lost passport declaration.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Think you can make an appointment to get an emergency one

Emergency passports can be issued in the event if the death or sudden illness of a family member of the applicant, or for medical treatment. 'I can't find it and my holiday is coming up soon' won't be entertained. Otherwise everybody would be doing it.

delly wrote: »
    Yes, you have enough time to get a new one, but you will have to make an appointment in the passport office, and pay extra.

First things first, get to your local Garda station and make a lost passport declaration.

Not really sure they do.

Also, the lost passport declaration is on the passport application form. And if it's declared lost, they can't travel on it if it turns up the day before their holiday.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

endacl wrote: »
    Not really sure they do.

Also, the lost passport declaration is on the passport application form. And if it's declared lost, they can't travel on it if it turns up the day before their holiday.

They do, I've been there. Yes there are a lot of document hoops to jump through, but the appointment service is based on your projected travel time. Lost passport applications do take longer, but 15 days should be okay if op has all ducks in a row.

Thanks everyone! :P
    but I feel like an idiot :/ my friend told me that we have 11 working days. do we stillhave enough time?

Shaunao wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! :P
    but I feel like an idiot :/ my friend told me that we have 11 working days. do we stillhave enough time?

Go to the dfa site and make an appointment, it'll tell you everything you need to know.

Best of luck with it. Hope I'm wrong.

endacl wrote: »
    Best of luck with it. Hope I'm wrong.

Thanks again everyone ^^ I've just e-mailed the dfa so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. I'll let you know how it works out in case anyone else ever needs to know .
    Thanks again ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Shaunao wrote: »
    Thanks again everyone ^^ I've just e-mailed the dfa so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon. I'll let you know how it works out in case anyone else ever needs to know .
    Thanks again ^^

They don't email back iny experience recently, book an appointment in their Dublin/cork office asap and talk to someone face to face. Get the forms filled out in the garda station.

• Advertisement

They don't email back iny experience recently, book an appointment in their Dublin/cork office asap and talk to someone face to face. Get the forms filled out in the garda station.

Oh Lord :P ok thank you I'll do it now

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

Hi all I sent in my 2 sons passport forms using passport express on the 23 April. 1 is a renewal and the other is a new passport. It says on the tracking information it should be ready on the 17th May. Should I head into mount Street as we are heading away Wednesday week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Anyone know the turnaround time for the passport card? Couldn't find anything on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Do you still receive replies to the DMs sent over twitter? I sent a query today before 9am and I haven't received a reply yet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

alwald wrote: »
    Do you still receive replies to the DMs sent over twitter? I sent a query today before 9am and I haven't received a reply yet!!!

Sent two DMs last week and am still waiting so I would say you could be left waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

Any tips for getting a Passport Card selfie approved? Have taken around 20 so far and none are deemed acceptable...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

eamonnq wrote: »
    Sent two DMs last week and am still waiting so I would say you could be left waiting.

Not only it is taking them ages to process passports but they also don't reply now to DMs.....the best option is to pay them a visit to their office with the application number and proof of travel, do I need an appointment for this or can I just go and queue?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

alwald wrote: »
    Not only it is taking them ages to process passports but they also don't reply now to DMs.....the best option is to pay them a visit to their office with the application number and proof of travel, do I need an appointment for this or can I just go and queue?

I don't think you need an appointment for this but am hoping to not have to do this myself, but with no response from anywhere else it is looking likely that I will have to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

dohboy wrote: »
    Any tips for getting a Passport Card selfie approved? Have taken around 20 so far and none are deemed acceptable...

Select the disabled option.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement