Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Malee

Turnaround times updated:
    Renewals now 14 working days, first/lost now 27 working days.

It's getting worse...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I can't lay my hands on my passport at the moment and need to book a flight tomorrow. Is it possible for me to get my passport number somehow? I'll have the passport before I travel.
    Can't seem to find any info online.
    Any help much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Would you have used it to book previous flights? Maybe check previous email confirmations? Or have you sent it to anybody for security reason maybe check sent emails too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

You won't find that information online, and I can't see the Passport Office giving it out to you on the phone either.

As far as I know you won't need the Passport Number just to book a flight, because normally this is only required when you are checking in online. So you should be able to proceed and book the flight. Do a test run on the site and go as far as the payment page and see does it request a Passport number. I'm pretty sure it won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I'll try a test run on ryanair and see if I can book.
    Tried looking at previous booking I used it for but it won't give me the previous passport details.
    Haven't sent it to anyone or sent to myself, as I had done with my previous passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

shocksy wrote: »
    As far as I know you won't need the Passport Number just to book a flight, because normally this is only required when you are checking in online.

Yep you're right with Ryanair anyway, should be fine OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,850 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

with ryanair you may have needed a passport number in the past as you checked in when you bought the ticket (and therefore needed a passport thanks to ryanairs stupid rules)

if you can choose a different airline with less stupid rules, then you definitely wont need a passport number, and going to UK you can even travel without a passport completely if you avoid Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Brudy wrote: »
    For some time I have used a broker called doyouspain to hire cars at Malaga airport. .

Cheers , I just got a great price of these for 3 weeks from Alicante late July, 218 euro for a 5 door Corsa or similar, I will get the excess of another company best so far is 55euro for that. The fuel is Full to Empty so I will make sure to have it that way on return, Hopefully we can fit a booster seat in the checked bag if not I will buy the inflatable one. The Company is Pulsar has anyone any dealing with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

My daughter's passport express renewal bounced because my Wife's name has changed since we got her first passport.

They want a marriage cert in the post. Is 2 weeks enough time to just send it back and wait, or would I need to go in to Molesworth St and expedite the process a bit?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

zuutroy wrote: »
    My daughter's passport express renewal bounced because my Wife's name has changed since we got her first passport.

They want a marriage cert in the post. Is 2 weeks enough time to just send it back and wait, or would I need to go in to Molesworth St and expedite the process a bit?

Post it back asap, passport should be out to you in appx 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I got it into them this morning through a friend in An Post and they've already reopened the application and given a new issue date of the 24th. Are the issue dates normally accurate?

I got it into them this morning through a friend in An Post and they've already reopened the application and given a new issue date of the 24th. Are the issue dates normally accurate?

If the application is already in the system and they need more documents it comes back through a different (quicker) stream. Usually they are dealt with within appx 3 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oirishguy

I just received my daughters passport for a long awaited trip abroad, only to notice that the DOB was printed wrong..by 2 years. We sent the correct details and birth cert.it took 4 weeks (even with passport express). Does anyone have any advice? Or similar experience?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

When are you due to travel?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭schaffer

oirishguy wrote: »
    I just received my daughters passport for a long awaited trip abroad, only to notice that the DOB was printed wrong..by 2 years. We sent the correct details and birth cert.it took 4 weeks (even with passport express). Does anyone have any advice? Or similar experience?

If you have time call up the passport office and they will change it even if you are flying in 2 days.
    If you need to fly within hours use the passport, nobody will notice the DOB unless it's way off. If questioned plead ignorance and claim you did not notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

They will fix it for you for free when it's their mistake. My first passport, when I was 13, said I was male instead of female and I'd travelled to London and back before I noticed! There is an emergency rapid turnaround service in Dublin if you need it very soon (down the bottom of this page: https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/passport-express/current-turnaround-times/)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

My issue date was accurate for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oirishguy

Yamanoto wrote: »
    When are you due to travel?
    Traveling in 3 weeks...I would just play dumb but she's 3 and won't pass for a 1yr old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,499 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Contact Passport Office, they will sort it fast as it's their mistake.

If in or near Dublin go into the office in Mount Street and ask for Customer Care. Bring daughters passport and birth cert with you. If mistake was made (which is likely if birth cert and passport don't match) they will replace for free, probably even within a few hours.
    If further afield e-mail, ring or tweet them and they'll give you an address to post it to, and it will also be replaced free of charge within a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Traveling in 3 weeks...I would just play dumb but she's 3 and won't pass for a 1yr old

Plenty of time so, though I'd be sure to tell 'em you want it back by courier or expedited post.

If travel were imminent, the best option to get things moving would be to contact your T.D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 luii

Traveling in few days, after 5 weeks still no passport for 1 year old ..... target issue date on web is 20.05.2016 (Friday) our flight is Sunday. Try to call to passport office but line is closed. Any idea what to do???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Did you include your travel date with the application? I found when I included my date I did get it back in time (although only with 2 days to spare!). What status is your application on now? They also told me it's guaranteed next day delivery with An Post so you should still have time to receive it.
    If you didn't give your travel date and have a Twitter account I found that the best way to contact them-if you private message they reply within a few hours so you could ask them to add the date to the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 luii

sillysocks wrote: »
    Did you include your travel date with the application? I found when I included my date I did get it back in time (although only with 2 days to spare!). What status is your application on now? They also told me it's guaranteed next day delivery with An Post so you should still have time to receive it.
    If you didn't give your travel date and have a Twitter account I found that the best way to contact them-if you private message they reply within a few hours so you could ask them to add the date to the application.

I did include my travel date. My status for the last 5 days is stage 2. I used tweeter now, will see is any answer. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

So they're not answering the phone, not replying on Twitter and about as useful as a chocolate teapot in the passport office itself. Is there any reason why they're running such a backlog?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 green2016

Hi did any one apply around 26 th of April first time adult applicants and got the passport ? or what stage are you in ?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

P_1 wrote: »
    So they're not answering the phone, not replying on Twitter and about as useful as a chocolate teapot in the passport office itself. Is there any reason why they're running such a backlog?

Presumably understaffed (they were in March when I received mine, took six weeks), and unprepared for the amount of applications pouring in because of the potential Brexit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Presumably understaffed (they were in March when I received mine, took six weeks), and unprepared for the amount of applications pouring in because of the potential Brexit

True, kinda wish I knew that back in March mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement