Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Bertrand replacements?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Bertrand replacements?

Wollscheid? If you don't have Butland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Fixtures wise Myhill has best Xmas ahead,thinking of chancing going with one keeper for a while,worst case scenario a transfer would replace an injury.Thanks lads,will sleep on it,head says Butland,heart says Myhill.

Wollscheid? If you don't have Butland.

How secure is his place though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    How secure is his place though

He's completed 90 minutes in 10 consecutive matches now.

• Advertisement

He's completed 90 minutes in 10 consecutive matches now.

Definitely will consider him so

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

right am I crazy.........
    I was all set to do mata to Deulofeu BUT I already have 3 lads involved in that game and a load in the city arsenal game as well so I want to spread the load a little......its a bit of a punt but I'm now looking at Wjinadlum????? He has a much bigger goal threat but Newcastle are so unpredictable

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Getting tempted to go -8 for this team.

Kane had ZERO touches in the box vs Newcastle. ZERO. Patience wearing thin, and apart from Norwich at WHL next week I'm not too afraid of him till GW21 when he has a good run for 3 or 4 games.

Courtois (McCarthy)
    Souare, Evans, Moreno (Alderwiereld, Bellerin)
    Mahrez, Ozil, Henderbus, Mane (Sterling)
    Aguero, Vardy, Lukaku.

Already brought Evans in for Naughton.
    Players out Hazard, Kane. Players in Henderbus and Aguero.

Enough left to get Sanchez or Ramsey for Sterling next GW or the GW after, keeping strong front 8 till after Xmas.

I know Aguero is risky but indications seem to be he'll start and if he does should get 60+. I know those who risked an early Aguero re-acquisition will urge caution, and I know the risks, but there are potential rewards.

FHFC wrote: »

I know Aguero is risky but indications seem to be he'll start and if he does should get 60+. I know those who risked an early Aguero re-acquisition will urge caution, and I know the risks, but there are potential rewards.

I brought Kane in for the Newcastle game. I never really had him before as I don't particularly rate him but a lot of love and talk about fixture proof on here convinced me to bring him in so I'm going to keep him for 4-5 GW's and see how he gets on.

I've had Aguero on the pitch for EVERY minute he's been available this season but I felt stung after the last comeback from injury so will let him play at least one game before bringing him back. If he does do any damage against Arsenal I'll feel aggrieved.

Sanchez is a different matter. He is not as injury prone and warrants being brought in as soon as it's known he will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

CAUTION !!! urged :D :pac:...

I did a very similar move 2 GWs ago. -8 to accomodate Aguero in and rearrange my defense and midfield. It was a di-sas-ter. If I "numberised" it to echo my "GW16 complaint :p" : 80k drop. It triggered an immediate -4 the week after to fix this failed move. 70k drop. So 150k drop from this "trying to be the cleverest guy". And then you wanted me to be happy from a 40k rise last week :pac: :pac:....

I know you're not well ranked. I also know that because it didn't work for me does not mean at all it won't for you. But. But I find this a huge risk. I mean, for -8, you need an Agüero blinder for his return game away to Arsenal. You also rely heavily on him staying perfectly fit (such that even if it doesn't work pts-wise this week you're at least ahead of everyone else for the next GWs). And all that, right before the hectic Christmas period. If things turn really bad, it could be a season-ending move.

Kane is home to Norwich. Not bad for a last chance game while you thoroughly scrutinise Aguero at the Emirates?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Thinking Mané to bench fodder. Never ever again will I go with a strong front 8. Lost me countless points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I've had Aguero on the pitch for EVERY minute he's been available this season but I felt stung after the last comeback from injury so will let him play at least one game before bringing him back. If he does do any damage against Arsenal I'll feel aggrieved.
    iroced wrote: »
    CAUTION !!! urged :D :pac:...

I know you're not well ranked. I also know that because it didn't work for me does not mean at all it won't for you. But. But I find this a huge risk. I mean, for -8, you need an Agüero blinder for his return game away to Arsenal. You also rely heavily on him staying perfectly fit (such that even if it doesn't work pts-wise this week you're at least ahead of everyone else for the next GWs). And all that, right before the hectic Christmas period. If things turn really bad, it could be a season-ending move.

Kane is home to Norwich. Not bad for a last chance game while you thoroughly scrutinise Aguero at the Emirates?

Very good points made. I also bought Aguero a few weeks ago when he was freshly back and it backfired spectacularly.

Along with General Fitness concerns for Aguero you also have to factor in the slight possibility that Pellegrini might try to look after his players for a change and rotate Aguero to ease him back in (I know Pelegrini has a penchant for the reverse but still.)

Solid point from Iroced about observing Kane for one more match. The general feeling among most spurs fans I've spoken with is that Alli will drop back and let Kane move forward to play as a Striker should.

Personally I have Kane and I'll watch him for this week. Like Klopparama I'll also feel aggrieved if Aguero shows up but I'll take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I still have aguero in my team since his last injury. I'm looking forward to differential heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any word on Hazard this weekend? Or should I just give u the ghost?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any word on Hazard this weekend? Or should I just give u the ghost?

Chelsea continue to be poison, personally I wouldn't look at their players untill one of 2 things happen:
    • They get a new Manager
    • We get reports in the Papers that Jose has climbed down from his high horse and has made nice with the team/players

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Kane had ZERO touches in the box vs Newcastle. ZERO. Patience wearing thin, and apart from Norwich at WHL next week I'm not too afraid of him till GW21 when he has a good run for 3 or 4 games.

Courtois (McCarthy)
    Souare, Evans, Moreno (Alderwiereld, Bellerin)
    Mahrez, Ozil, Henderbus, Mane (Sterling)
    Aguero, Vardy, Lukaku.

Already brought Evans in for Naughton.
    Players out Hazard, Kane. Players in Henderbus and Aguero.

Enough left to get Sanchez or Ramsey for Sterling next GW or the GW after, keeping strong front 8 till after Xmas.

I wouldn't minus 8. If hazard is out minus 4. If going minus 8 you would have to be captaining aguero which considering he has played little or no football in 2 months and has a difficult fixture it's a very risky move. Will aguero definetly start the Sunderland game also.

I wouldn't minus 8. If hazard is out minus 4. If going minus 8 you would have to be captaining aguero which considering he has played little or no football in 2 months and has a difficult fixture it's a very risky move. Will aguero definetly start the Sunderland game also.

I'm looking at hits in the context of thinking I'll at least need -4 this week and again next week to sort this team out. I'm doing to crap to be going into weekends not happy with large parts of the teams.

Mane, Sterling and Hazard have to go. While I'll likely get Aguero in with Kane being at risk. I'll be doing a -4 for Hazard to Ramsey or Henderbus for certain, probably even if he's fit (although may move Sterling instead if Hazard fit). Mane has had great shooting stats of late so I'm going to play him this week.

Kane has Southampton away this week, it's next week they have Norwich at home, but that is the week City have Sunderland at home so Aguero is a very viable captain alternative. Thats the reason I was considering doing the Aguero switch now, but it would be dependent on what Pellegrini says tomorrow regarding his likelihood to start.

I'm looking at hits in the context of thinking I'll at least need -4 this week and again next week to sort this team out. I'm doing to crap to be going into weekends not happy with large parts of the teams.

Mane, Sterling and Hazard have to go. While I'll likely get Aguero in with Kane being at risk. I'll be doing a -4 for Hazard to Ramsey or Henderbus for certain, probably even if he's fit (although may move Sterling instead if Hazard fit). Mane has had great shooting stats of late so I'm going to play him this week.

Kane has Southampton away this week, it's next week they have Norwich at home, but that is the week City have Sunderland at home so Aguero is a very viable captain alternative. Thats the reason I was considering doing the Aguero switch now, but it would be dependent on what Pellegrini says tomorrow regarding his likelihood to start.

I'm going to throw you a real leftfield suggestion. Wildcard gw 20 to try get yourself back in the game. It's a risk but would be a nice differential approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Get rid of Kolarov or Naughton? Both dropped last weekend, who is most likely to keep their place?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Get rid of Kolarov or Naughton? Both dropped last weekend, who is most likely to keep their place?

I'd say naughton was dropped and kolorav was rotated. Kolorav will also miss a game over the Xmas period imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Colking wrote: »
    Chelsea continue to be poison, personally I wouldn't look at their players untill one of 2 things happen:
    • They get a new Manager
    • We get reports in the Papers that Jose has climbed down from his high horse and has made nice with the team/players

Jose has been sacked.

Colking wrote: »
    • They get a new Manager
    loadwire wrote: »
    Jose has been sacked.

Looks like we can consider Chelsea again !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭LostArt

Will prob get Zouma in now Jose's gome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭COH

Costa, Hazard and Terry in....

I'm going to throw you a real leftfield suggestion. Wildcard gw 20 to try get yourself back in the game. It's a risk but would be a nice differential approach.

It has crossed my mind. But I'm tending to think that being patient and using the DGWs to get myself (further) back into the game may be wiser.

Could I hope to get a better return than 8 to 12 points from a well played wildcard in conjunction with the BB and TC chips? I'd like to think so, therefore I am better spending that 8 to 12 points on Transfer Hits now instead.

Even with a wildcard for use in January I'd be reluctant to play it the very first week till transfer window activity etc emerges.

Now that Jose is gone I will however be holding to hear Hazards injury status!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Assuming Hazard isn't actually injured I'm going to have to keep him now, aren't I?

Assuming Hazard isn't actually injured I'm going to have to keep him now, aren't I?

Probably.... reluctantly.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If you have Chelsea players, by all means keep them, but I definitely wouldn't be getting them in until a replacement has been named!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

AdMMM wrote: »
    If you have Chelsea players, by all means keep them, but I definitely wouldn't be getting them in until a replacement has been named!

Even then, how will the manager line them up? Will Terry be retired or will the new man keep the old guard and bench Zouma? Remy might get a run instead of Costa etc etc. Best to wait for a while methinks.

• Advertisement

Even then, how will the manager line them up? Will Terry be retired or will the new man keep the old guard and bench Zouma? Remy might get a run instead of Costa etc etc. Best to wait for a while methinks.

I have Hazard and Courtois so should be safe enough. Remains to be seen just how much they hated Jose. If the dressing room was against him a reaction can be expected against Sunderland. I'll be playing Hazard now rather than selling.

Advertisement