Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    I've always under rated Hendo so would be at risk of overlooking him. What has he got over others in his price range like Bolasie for example?

He wasn't doing a whole pile fpl wise before the injury iirc, and do we know what role he will play in Klopps system yet?

Will he be on penalties?

I'm interested. Somebody just needs to convince me in 140 characters or less! :)

He is on pens and has been much more consistent than bolasie throughout his career. It looked like he had a licence to get forward Sunday. I think he could become very useful for those going down the sanchez aguero route which I plan to. The front 7 klopparama posted is probably what I'd be hoping for myself in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He is on pens and has been much more consistent than bolasie throughout his career. It looked like he had a licence to get forward Sunday. I think he could become very useful for those going down the sanchez aguero route which I plan to. The front 7 klopparama posted is probably what I'd be hoping for myself in time.

Sound endorsement. Especially from the very first man aboard the Vardez express, arguing for the double up when many doubted it in the early gameweeks.

Are you still planning on dropping Vardy then?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looking very likely now that it will be mata to Gerard D and targett to Wolschield
    Kane to aguero in time for Sunderland at home then and a nice captaincy haul
    May move KDB on for Sanchez after that

Best laid plans and all that :D

I've always under rated Hendo so would be at risk of overlooking him. What has he got over others in his price range like Bolasie for example?

He wasn't doing a whole pile fpl wise before the injury iirc, and do we know what role he will play in Klopps system yet?

Will he be on penalties?

I'm interested. Somebody just needs to convince me in 140 characters or less! :)

There are reasons to take him in but you are right in that he doesn't appear to offer anything more than Bolasie.

In fact Bolasie has the ability to be more explosive and alternates from playing on the wing to playing in the hole and to even playing up top. Having said all that I'm really shocked to see that he only has 59 points to Cabaye's 72. I thought Cabaye had been much less effective this season but obviously not.

Bolasie has 1169 minutes to Hendersons 258 so far this season.

He has 3 times the points but 4 and a half times the minutes on the pitch.

Cabaye has played about 200 minutes more than Bolassie too but from watching Palace this season I still would have thought he'd (Bolasie) scored more points.

So going on minutes to points a good argument can be made for Henderson.

Edit - I didn't really answer your question. He has not reached his ceiling as a player yet. He will be the midfielder at Liverpool (rather than Can or Lucas) who joins in attacks so can assist and score. He will, arguably, be Liverpools most important player over the next 4-5 years. He is not afraid to shoot in open play and he is on pens too.

Any West Brom fans ?

Assuming all defenders fully fit who plays across the back 4 ?

I'm thinking it's - Dawson, Evans, McAuley and Brunt at left back.

So as Brunt is listed as a midfielder that only leaves 3 defenders to choose from.

I'm guessing Olsson only gets game time when Evans is injured or when Evans is moved into midfield to replace Yacob which I know is an extreme rarity.

So with Dawson being nailed on I'm looking to find the defender that partners Evans (as Evans is too injury prone). Is that defender McAuley (yes I think) or Olsson ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Any West Brom fans ?

Assuming all defenders fully fit who plays across the back 4 ?

I'm thinking it's - Dawson, Evans, McAuley and Brunt at left back.

So as Brunt is listed as a midfielder that only leaves 3 defenders to choose from.

I'm guessing Olsson only gets game time when Evans is injured or when Evans is moved into midfield to replace Yacob which I know is an extreme rarity.

So with Dawson being nailed on I'm looking to find the defender that partners Evans (as Evans is too injury prone). Is that defender McAuley (yes I think) or Olsson ?

Not a WBA fan, but you are correct that Evans-McAuley is the preferred CB partnership. Olsson is tempting at 4.3m but too risky

Not a WBA fan, but you are correct that Evans-McAuley is the preferred CB partnership. Olsson is tempting at 4.3m but too risky

Good.

Thinking of Sagna and Bertrand out with Dawson and McAuley coming in for a -4.

WBA have some real nice fixtures coming up and I'm not afraid to double up and play them every week with Bellerin.

Sound endorsement. Especially from the very first man aboard the Vardez express, arguing for the double up when many doubted it in the early gameweeks.

Are you still planning on dropping Vardy then?

Not in the next couple of weeks I've changed my opinion on selling Vardez. Its all about ramzil now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Thoughts on Ayew (Swansea)?
    Been looking to move him on but had other priorities over last few weeks. Reasonable fixtures ahead with West Ham, West Brom (h) and Palace (a) so think I might hold. Hopefully new manager is in place soon.

Possibly looking at Ramsey in for him this week.

I got in Dawson for Richards. I now have all my outfield players playing regularly which should be important for the Xmas period.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dawson in for Cedric done

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I need to sort out my No 2 keeper, Francis, VVD and Westwood....so I'm going to use my FT to do Kane to Lukaku!

I should never have brought Kane in. I did it only because I was worried that so many captained him. This isn't just hindsight, I knew I wanted Lukaku and wasn't too keen on Harry, his blank didn't surprise me.

I should have went with my gut and played my own game. No one to blame but myself so going to rectify it this week.

Might take a -4 to start cleaning up the rest of the mess too. Henderson and a Stoke defender are options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Benimar wrote: »
    I need to sort out my No 2 keeper, Francis, VVD and Westwood....so I'm going to use my FT to do Kane to Lukaku!

I should never have brought Kane in. I did it only because I was worried that so many captained him. This isn't just hindsight, I knew I wanted Lukaku and wasn't too keen on Harry, his blank didn't surprise me.

I should have went with my gut and played my own game. No one to blame but myself so going to rectify it this week.

Might take a -4 to start cleaning up the rest of the mess too. Henderson and a Stoke defender are options.

Who's your front 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

El festino wrote: »
    Been looking to move him on but had other priorities over last few weeks. Reasonable fixtures ahead with West Ham, West Brom (h) and Palace (a) so think I might hold. Hopefully new manager is in place soon.

I've had him since the start but swapped him out this week for Henderson. Swansea aren't really performing atm and the goals have dried up.

Barkley replacements?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

El festino wrote: »

I'm keeping him as part of a strong front 8 over Christmas. Decent fixtures as well as the new manager bounce will hopefully get some points.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Barkley replacements?

Henderbus.

Henderson or bolasie to replace Barkley?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

What bout Coutinho?

• Advertisement

What bout Coutinho?

Considering him but with Sanchez and aguero back soon I don't know if I can tie up funds in him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Considering him but with Sanchez and aguero back soon I don't know if I can tie up funds in him

even if they are back, its gonna be tough game and doubt they will be starting unless they are 100%

even if they are back, its gonna be tough game and doubt they will be starting unless they are 100%

He is more thinking of leaving money free to have in bank for when he wants the two lads. Going coutinho now probably means an exyta 4 pt hit when he wants the two lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Who's your front 3?

Kane, Vardy, Ighalo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Tough call.
    I upgraded Moses to Bolasie last week but if it's for the 5th mid spot a West Ham or Bournemouth guy over Xmas could be value if planning for Kun and Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Should I get rid of Kolarov for Dawson?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

My two current keepers are De Gea and Mc Carthy.
    All was fine till Man Utd defenders started dropping like flies,don't want to waste a transfer,would it be daft to bring on Butland or Myhill as a starting keeper for Xmas games with De Gea on bench...to have two starting keepers...or should I just dump De Gea for one of them??

Going playing 3 at back over Xmas and defence is
    Bellerin,Toby A,Dann,Nyom,Simpson.

Any advice appreciated on best way to go...have plenty of money itb.

I'm thinking more long term

My two current keepers are De Gea and Mc Carthy.
    All was fine till Man Utd defenders started dropping like flies,don't want to waste a transfer,would it be daft to bring on Butland or Myhill as a starting keeper for Xmas games with De Gea on bench...to have two starting keepers...or should I just dump De Gea for one of them??

Going playing 3 at back over Xmas and defence is
    Bellerin,Toby A,Dann,Nyom,Simpson.

Any advice appreciated on best way to go...have plenty of money itb.

De gea is too expensive to bench, so either bring someone in for him, or leave him starting. It's a tough one but I'm holding de gea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'll be holding onto De Gea for a while longer, have him and Myhill since GW6. I was rotating them and getting some big scores from them. Myhill's tough run of games is just about over so he's an option again whilse De Gea goes through a rough patch. My FT is already gone this week and it could be a while before I can justify my FT or a points hit on a GK but Butland is getting very hard to ignore!

I've a back line of Nyom, Bellerin, J. Ward, Toby A & Kolarov so we are quite similar! With Smalling out for a few weeks, I see that United backline crumbling more often so maybe De Gea to Butland will have to happen sooner rather than later for me.

Advertisement