Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

City have kept 2 CS's in the last 11, without Kompany they are not worth the money, couple that with the fact he will be rortated, i can't see how it's worth having a 6.5m defender in your team - when there are better options.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ace2007 wrote: »
    City have kept 2 CS's in the last 11, without Kompany they are not worth the money, couple that with the fact he will be rortated, i can't see how it's worth having a 6.5m defender in your team - when there are better options.

That's a legitimate reason to drop him, although he was a penalty miss away from 5 returns (CS, goal or assist) in a row.

I think if you didn't drop him for poor defensive returns before this GW why would you do it now? His rest today, could be just that. One game off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

dahat wrote: »
    If Sanchez wasn't close to fitness I'd be looking very seriously at Rambo myself.

Bertrand is expensive but maybe rash moving him on as I have a strong backline and can afford to leave him out.

Have my WC in my pocket so could re-evaluate him and Ozil as a pair then. Will have to take a look at other alternatives in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Benimar wrote: »
    I think people are over reacting a bit to the Kolorov benching. He's played practically every game so was due a rest (if you believe in such things). With games coming thick and fast over Christmas it was an ideal time to do it.

I think the fact he sat out today's game is evidence he is now 1st choice. If Pelligrini was going to rotate it makes more sense to play Kolarov today and Clichy next week away to Arsenal as Clichy is regarded as being better defensively. That makes me think it was just a rest (as with KDB who had also played practically every game)

If he is benched for the Arsenal game I'll worry. At the moment I don't have concerns.

I was hoping he would start easy home matches and be benched for fixtures like Arsenal A (not that I would play him anyway). If he doesn't start Sunderland H when they could use an attacking fullback to break down Fat Sam's bus then I'm done with him

I got him at 5.6m so am not really worried about that. There also aren't many better options that I see: Chelsea are poison, ManU are decimated by injuries, Everton and Southampton can't keep a cleanie, Watford have terrible fixtures. Spurs are about the only ones that appeal to me, but they also tend to concede 1 goal a lot and don't have a good fixture next GW

I got him at 5.6m so am not really worried about that. There also aren't many better options that I see: Chelsea are poison, ManU are decimated by injuries, Everton and Southampton can't keep a cleanie, Watford have terrible fixtures. Spurs are about the only ones that appeal to me, but they also tend to concede 1 goal a lot and don't have a good fixture next GW

Stoke seem to have a defence that know's how to defend, and a keeper who doesn't like conceding.

Liverpool's fixtures aren't the worse either.

But fair enough, he's not costing your much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

ElTel wrote: »
    Have my WC in my pocket so could re-evaluate him and Ozil as a pair then. Will have to take a look at other alternatives in the next few hours.

Ramsey plus Ozil could allow for Aguero who should be fine by time you wildcard.

Not long left to use your wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I was hoping he would start easy home matches and be benched for fixtures like Arsenal A (not that I would play him anyway). If he doesn't start Sunderland H when they could use an attacking fullback to break down Fat Sam's bus then I'm done with him

I agree with your point about Sunderland and that would be a tipping point for me. I just think to sell on the basis of being rested today is hasty. I think Kolorov (who I avoided like the plague for years) is now 1st choice and was just given a day off.

I also agree about the lack of great alternatives. I'm looking to replace a couple of defenders and even with cash to splash, it isn't easy to settle on strong options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Stoke seem to have a defence that know's how to defend, and a keeper who doesn't like conceding.

Liverpool's fixtures aren't the worse either.

But fair enough, he's not costing your much.

Yeah, if I went Stoke it would be Butland and I have Moreno already

Ramsey plus Ozil could allow for Aguero who should be fine by time you wildcard.

Not long left to use your wildcard.

Kun already there since GW 13.
    Yeah it's starting to weigh on me.
    Look out for my pleas for help on the wildcard thread soon.....

Kun already there since GW 13.
    Yeah it's starting to weigh on me.
    Look out for my pleas for help on the wildcard thread soon.....

No point using it just because you lose it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Budget hasn't been as important this year with the three most expensive players in the game either injured or underperforming - Hazard, Aguero and Sanchez.

I've a crazy amount of cash spare in the bank at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thinking of shipping out De Gea....all the injuries in Utds defence leaving them very unlikely to have many clean sheets for next while.What Keeper would be a wise investment over Xmas?.... I see Butland seems popular.

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Will probably do wanyama to stanislas/ Alli at some stage. I want to ship berty as well. Southampton are not keeping cleanies and don't have great fixtures. May get a stoke defender, but I'm not sure who's the best option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Thinking of shipping out De Gea....all the injuries in Utds defence leaving them very unlikely to have many clean sheets for next while.What Keeper would be a wise investment over Xmas?.... I see Butland seems popular.

Any advice appreciated.

I have de gea but am holding. But land definitely best option atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Smalling --> Zouma probably
    Will wait till after Chelsea play

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Need to vomit Naughton out of my team. If I take a third price drop on him i actually will give up for the season. I kinda rashly committed to Courtois as my keeper switch last week, but time to stop doubting Stokes defence and get Wolscheid who i shoulda got weeks ago.

Sterling and Mane need to go and one may be shipped for a hit.

Pugh was back on the bench for Bournemouth today. Stanislaus is tempting but something has to give in that midfield.

Went for evans instead. May be wrong move but I can't be arsed thinking too much about.

Didn't even bother watching MOTD, spent the evening looking at travel options to Bordeaux, Lille and Paris instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Thinking Mane to Rambo. Might have to do it tonight if he looks like rising.
    Berty stays.

I was going to do the same transfer this week, but with no Aguero fitness on the horizon, I sensibly transferred him out for Kane instead :pac: Mane to Ramsey will most likely be my transfer this week, hopefully he doesn't rise tonight so I can wait until tomorrow.

Oh, and Berty stays as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

I really need to get Lukaku in
    Who should I drop from Kane/Ighalo/Vardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

I really need to get Lukaku in
    Who should I drop from Kane/Ighalo/Vardy?

if you have mahrez then vardy
    I sold ighalo to get kane as I feared not having vardy and I really really regret it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

See how Kane does tomorrow.

Can't drop Ighalo or Vardy on current form.

My front three are Ighalo, Vardy and Lukaku.

Won't be changing them for a while

Rambo in for Mane.
    I officially join the Fr8 club unless I'm carrying Kun for a third straight GW.
    Nothing left itb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Rambo in for Mane.
    I officially join the Fr8 club unless I'm carrying Kun for a third straight GW.
    Nothing left itb.

Well I'd keep Aguero on the bench for the Arsenal game if I were you ;) COYG!

Well I'd keep Aguero on the bench for the Arsenal game if I were you ;) COYG!

Assuming he's fit KDB is first sub atm.
    Ozil Ransey Mahrez Bolasie Lukaku and Vardy ......yum

FHFC wrote: »
    Went for evans instead. May be wrong move but I can't be arsed thinking too much about.

Didn't even bother watching MOTD, spent the evening looking at travel options to Bordeaux, Lille and Paris instead.

Say your no closer to sorting that out than you are FF.

Sterling and Sagna have to go.

Have had a shít 3-4 weeks bringing in players for one or two games and not working out.

A fit Sanchez and Aguero would make things a lot easier.

Might bring in Moreno and Coutinho.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Am I nuts to be considering Hazard? Sunderland, Watford and Palace in the next 4 fixtures.

I have Kane, Lukaku and Vardy up front. I can switch Kane or Lukaku straight out to Aguero.

Shane732 wrote: »
    Am I nuts to be considering Hazard? Sunderland, Watford and Palace in the next 4 fixtures.

I have Kane, Lukaku and Vardy up front. I can switch Kane or Lukaku straight out to Aguero.

Ask me after Monday night. Hazard owner.

Shane732 wrote: »

Not at all, welcome to the party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Not at all, welcome to the party.

I just need to see a small flash from him and I'll be on board as well!
    90% certain

Advertisement