Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Zouma in for Smalling. That should be my only transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Do you have to use your wildcard before Gameweek 18? When is the exact deadline to use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Irish94 wrote: »
    Do you have to use your wildcard before Gameweek 18? When is the exact deadline to use it?

Up to gameweek 19. A new one is issued from gameweek 20 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

spock wrote:
    Zouma in for Smalling. That should be my only transfer.

I'd stay away from Zouma. As a Chelsea fan I wouldn't have faith in their defence and he's also a rotation risk with Terry/Cahill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I want rid of Hazard pronto, feck the fixtures or if he's fit!!

I also want the Henderbus but I'll see how he is come Friday. Do we think he'll just slot straight in as first choice and reliable under Klopp?

The fun may or may not stop there.

Henderson is nailed on. Club captain and the only central mid who gets into the box. Other fans might not have the highest opinion of him, but he's important to Liverpool and am thinking of bringing him in myself if I don't decide to ditch Kane for Lukaku.

Henderbus has only 26 points less than Hazard despite playing 1,008 minutes less :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Benimar wrote: »
    Henderson is nailed on. Club captain and the only central mid who gets into the box. Other fans might not have the highest opinion of him, but he's important to Liverpool and am thinking of bringing him in myself if I don't decide to ditch Kane for Lukaku.

Henderbus has only 26 points less than Hazard despite playing 1,008 minutes less :)

Good to read this,hoping he can deliver me from the doldrums of 700k OR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Mane is finally out the door replaced by Bolasie

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Preaching to the choir here :D

I guess I meant from a coming back from injury point of view too, especially with the way Coutinho was eased back recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Looking at Hazard -> Silva. Maybe a -4 to dump Kane also but will probably give him another week.

I guess I meant from a coming back from injury point of view too, especially with the way Coutinho was eased back recently.

He came off the bench in 2 of the 3 previous games. Got the full 90 on Sunday and he's known for his high level of fitness.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start every game over Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Liverpool, leicester, city and sunderland are the 4 teams that avoid a two day turnaround between games so should be less prone to rotation. I think you have to get one of vardez. I also think ramsey is safe from rotation due to arsenals injuries. Coutinho another good option.

Ramsey on the radar big time.

Eriksen or Hazard out?

Leaves me with Beneteke and I just feel he has to come out... completely mis firing

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Anyone thinking wba defenders given their tough period of fixtures is behind them now and were one of only a few teams keeping clean sheets up until 4 weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Anyone thinking wba defenders given their tough period of fixtures is behind them now and were one of only a few teams keeping clean sheets up until 4 weeks ago?
    Yes. I held on to Myhill throughout those tough fixtures. Got rid of Dawson though. He'll be coming back into my team soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I held onto Dawson for the same reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I have dea gea v norwich or myhill v bournemouth , dont know which to pick,both at home ,man u defense is poor at the moment but bournemouth seem to be on form

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

sword1 wrote: »
    I have dea gea v norwich or myhill v bournemouth , dont know which to pick,both at home ,man u defense is poor at the moment but bournemouth seem to be on form

Has to be DDG even if Smalling isn't back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Have Ozil but I think Ramsey could score very well now that he is back in the centre. Silly having both? I also have Bellerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I want rid of Hazard pronto, feck the fixtures or if he's fit!!

I also want the Henderbus but I'll see how he is come Friday. Do we think he'll just slot straight in as first choice and reliable under Klopp?

The fun may or may not stop there.

He came off the bench in 2 of the 3 previous games. Got the full 90 on Sunday and he's known for his high level of fitness.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't start every game over Christmas.

I'm definitely giving strong consideration to getting him in as part of a strong front 8 for the Christmas period, for his price he could be awesome.

But - I'd be wary about his injury. There's been a lot of talk of him having to manage the injury as it's not something which can be cured, but it's not clear to me if that means managing his game-time or managing the pain caused by the injury. And while he's the club captain, Milner, Can, Allen and Lucas are all looking to play in that midfield three as well. Personally I'd be surprised if he started all three games over the Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking of KDB to Ramsey but that would leave me with no City player for the game against Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Will be getting Sanchez back as soon as he is fit but as I have Ozil for quite a while I'm tempted to go for the Sanchez + Ramsey combo given the far better potential for goal scoring.

I need to start getting one or two in that could help increase my OR from its current gutter position...

Sanchez, Ramsey, Aguero and Henderbus fit nicely with that plan.

DDG McCarthy

Toby W, Berty, Moreno, Zuma, Smith

KDB, Henderbus, Sanchez, Ramsey, Mahrez

Aguero, Lukaku, Ighalo

That's something like I want as soon as with possible change of keeper or defender to a WBA option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hmmm, interesting week this week, seems like all my players are playing each other! That can't be a good thing

Eve v Leic I have Deulaku versus Mahrdy that's 4 players tied up in that game.

Arse V City I have Ozil V Kol, KDB

So that's 7 playing in those 2 games alone, I guess there is feck all I can do about that! Most people will be similar.

As far as transfers go I have 2FT, just used one on Richards(dropping) to Wollscheid, might bank the other one, I have a solid front 8 with very little room to change, I'm happy with them all bar maybe Kane but I'll stick with him until after the Norwich game at least.

So if I used my other FT it'll be to tidy up the defence. I now have Myhill,McCarthy, Kol, Toby, Clyne, Wollscheid, Morgan

Again I'm pretty content, my only ideas are possibly taking in a GK who actually plays as cover for Myhill, McCarthy could be dropping soon too, other thing is maybe swapping Clyne to Moreno, neither have got any attacking returns even though they can be heavily involved but Moreno the more likely I'd imagine.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,117 ✭✭✭COH

Cech (Schwarzer)
    Sagna/Clyne/Fonte (Azpi, Baker)
    Ozil/Barkely/Mahrez/Sterling (Cabaye)
    Lukaku/Kane/Ighalo

Kane has been disappointing but may stick with him until Kun is fit again. My defence is ruining me though 5 weeks of red arrows now and thinking about playing my wildcard ahead of the Christmas fixtures to something like this:

Butland/Schmeichel
    Dann/Alderweireld /Johnson/Nyom/Wollscheid
    Ozil/Barkely/Mahrez/Coutinho/Ramsey
    Lukaku/Kun/Ighalo

Hmmm, interesting week this week, seems like all my players are playing each other! That can't be a good thing

Eve v Leic I have Deulaku versus Mahrdy that's 4 players tied up in that game.

Arse V City I have Ozil V Kol, KDB

So that's 7 playing in those 2 games alone, I guess there is feck all I can do about that! Most people will be similar.

As far as transfers go I have 2FT, just used one on Richards(dropping) to Wollscheid, might bank the other one, I have a solid front 8 with very little room to change, I'm happy with them all bar maybe Kane but I'll stick with him until after the Norwich game at least.

So if I used my other FT it'll be to tidy up the defence. I now have Myhill,McCarthy, Kol, Toby, Clyne, Wollscheid, Morgan

Again I'm pretty content, my only ideas are possibly taking in a GK who actually plays as cover for Myhill, McCarthy could be dropping soon too, other thing is maybe swapping Clyne to Moreno, neither have got any attacking returns even though they can be heavily involved but Moreno the more likely I'd imagine.

Any ideas?

The only 'concern' you have there is Ozil v Kolorov. You have 4 attacking players in the Everton game so they have no impact on each other (bar 1pt for a Mahrez or Deulofeu CS).

I'd bring in a keeper. although keepers don't necessarily get rotated, it's best to have 15 starters for Christmas just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Not sure what to do this week... Need rid of Sagna stat at the very least but not sure who for? Johnson maybe?

Might also knee jerk Kane out for Giroud for a 4 point hit? Maybe not though... he did get me 13 points the week i brought him in but 4 points over the last 3 GWs is a bit disappointing considering Giroud seems to be Mr Consistent at the minute:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

COH wrote: »
    Cech (Schwarzer)
    Sagna/Clyne/Fonte (Azpi, Baker)
    Ozil/Barkely/Mahrez/Sterling (Cabaye)
    Lukaku/Kane/Ighalo

Kane has been disappointing but may stick with him until Kun is fit again. My defence is ruining me though 5 weeks of red arrows now and thinking about playing my wildcard ahead of the Christmas fixtures to something like this:

Butland/Schmeichel
    Dann/Alderweireld /Johnson/Nyom/Wollscheid
    Ozil/Barkely/Mahrez/Coutinho/Ramsey
    Lukaku/Kun/Ighalo

3 Stoke at the back is too unbalanced imo.
    I would consider a cheaper palace defender and upgrade/change Johnson.
    WBA have a better run of fixtures over Xmas and Jones from Umited may be worth keeping an eye on. The likes of Elliot and Henney are cheaper starting GKs than Schmiechel too but haven't looked into rotations.
    I will be using my WC as well so a defensive revamp looks appealing to me.
    I brought in Ramsey this week as well and am wary of leaving funds to change him or Ozil for Sanchez when I do pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

ElTel wrote: »
    3 Stoke at the back is too unbalanced imo.
    I would consider a cheaper palace defender and upgrade/change Johnson.
    WBA have a better run of fixtures over Xmas and Jones from Umited may be worth keeping an eye on. The likes of Elliot and Henney are cheaper starting GKs than Schmiechel too but haven't looked into rotations.
    I will be using my WC as well so a defensive revamp looks appealing to me.
    I brought in Ramsey this week as well and am wary of leaving funds to change him or Ozil for Sanchez when I do pull the trigger.

Jones is never worth looking at
    ever
    he will get injured
    he is just one of those types of players!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

The only 'concern' you have there is Ozil v Kolorov. You have 4 attacking players in the Everton game so they have no impact on each other (bar 1pt for a Mahrez or Deulofeu CS).

I'd bring in a keeper. although keepers don't necessarily get rotated, it's best to have 15 starters for Christmas just in case.

8 of my squad in those 2 games as well. (Coleman the only defender) I'd bank the second transfer as Myhill looks good for the next 4.

dahat wrote: »
    Will be getting Sanchez back as soon as he is fit but as I have Ozil for quite a while I'm tempted to go for the Sanchez + Ramsey combo given the far better potential for goal scoring.

I need to start getting one or two in that could help increase my OR from its current gutter position...

Sanchez, Ramsey, Aguero and Henderbus fit nicely with that plan.

DDG McCarthy

Toby W, Berty, Moreno, Zuma, Smith

KDB, Henderbus, Sanchez, Ramsey, Mahrez

Aguero, Lukaku, Ighalo

That's something like I want as soon as with possible change of keeper or defender to a WBA option.

On a similar buzz.

Midfield is currently Barkley, Ramsey, Mahrez and Sterling.

Midfield will be - Ramsey, Sanchez, Mahrez, Henderson

Strikers currently Lukaku, Kane, Vardy

Striker will be - Aguero, Lukaku, Kane

Will also be taking in Dawson ASAP as already have DDG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Just made my final FT of Ayew > Henderson. Plan on bringing in Sanchez and Aguero when fit, for Ozil and Kane.

Holding on to Bertrand for another week, if it doesn't go well, Toby will probs come in for him, or Nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I've always under rated Hendo so would be at risk of overlooking him. What has he got over others in his price range like Bolasie for example?

He wasn't doing a whole pile fpl wise before the injury iirc, and do we know what role he will play in Klopps system yet?

Will he be on penalties?

I'm interested. Somebody just needs to convince me in 140 characters or less! :)

Advertisement