Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 17 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

We need a gif of Hazard jumping up enthusiastically from a seemingly near-fatal challenge on hearing news of Jose's departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Assuming Hazard isn't actually injured I'm going to have to keep him now, aren't I?

Has there been any word on Hazard since Monday?

I bought him in Sunday night to dodge a drop on Mata, and have been burying my head in the sand since.

Will be holding him anyway but to be fair I've made worse minus 4's transfers this season than Hazard in, Hazard out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I know this opinion won't be popular, but I don't get this Hazard thing at all.

He has done next to nothing FF (or reality!) wise this season. He was being sold in droves before today's news and now people think he's going to go back to being FF gold??

First off he might be genuinely injured, in which case he might not play. Secondly, the rumours that he was 'injured' may be true in which case I don't imagine his fellow players would be happy with him. For all we know that dressing room could be toxic and if he was 'injured' there is every chance a caretaker manager might leave him out.

I can just about see some logic in keeping him, although personally I wouldn't touch him until there is evidence of Eden Hazard 2014/15 rather than the 2015/16 version. However, I really can't understand why anyone would transfer him in yet!

I know that FF is about catching players at the start of their upsurge, but we have seen instances (RVP and Rooney for example) where their form never improved. We have seen others where it took a long time (Suarez). I'm not saying Hazard is a dud, but there's no guarantee he will return to form soon.

I certainly would be reluctant to change plans just because a manager got sacked. It's not as if we are stuck for midfield options!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Benimar wrote: »
    I know this opinion won't be popular, but I don't get this Hazard thing at all.

He has done next to nothing FF (or reality!) wise this season. He was being sold in droves before today's news and now people think he's going to go back to being FF gold??

First off he might be genuinely injured, in which case he might not play. Secondly, the rumours that he was 'injured' may be true in which case I don't imagine his fellow players would be happy with him. For all we know that dressing room could be toxic and if he was 'injured' there is every chance a caretaker manager might leave him out.

I can just about see some logic in keeping him, although personally I wouldn't touch him until there is evidence of Eden Hazard 2014/15 rather than the 2015/16 version. However, I really can't understand why anyone would transfer him in yet!

I know that FF is about catching players at the start of their upsurge, but we have seen instances (RVP and Rooney for example) where their form never improved. We have seen others where it took a long time (Suarez). I'm not saying Hazard is a dud, but there's no guarantee he will return to form soon.

I certainly would be reluctant to change plans just because a manager got sacked. It's not as if we are stuck for midfield options!

Can't disagree with any of that.

My reasoning for buying him had little to do with his FPL form this season.

Noone in my main private league has him and I need to try make points up,
    my early season strategy every year is to build team value,
    and mine is a lot higher that the majority but as this doesn't matter much this season I'm forced into to this kind of a move now.

I bought Hazard off a good showing in the champions league

combined with the realisation that the normally 'wise'/safe decisions I'm making this season haven't been paying off so I'm going against my gut that tells me to stay away, and like driving on ice, steering into the skid.

and hope that Hazard will pull through this weekend and get something if he does play. If not I think he'll be right back out for Silva or Sanchez
    (Arsenal-City game this weekend was also a minor factor in punting on Hazard as I didn't want more exposure in that game, and Juan Mata breaking my heart the last few weeks).

Monreal to Dann
    Barkley to Wij

For a -4.

Reckon Dann has a better shout for a cleanie. I also have Rambo and Ozil, and want my options open regarding Sanchez/Walcott when they return.

I think (hope!) Wij will outscore Barkley this week as Villa are brutal, and Leicester are far from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Transferred in Wijnaldum for Watson....I had him as bench fodder, but now going for strong front 8, which leads to the inevitable headache....

Wijnaldum De Bruyne Ozil Mahrez Barkley

Lukaku Vardy Kane

Barkley is benched at the moment. Anyone disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

mectavba wrote: »
    Transferred in Wijnaldum for Watson....I had him as bench fodder, but now going for strong front 8, which leads to the inevitable headache....

Lukaku Vardy Kane

I'm playing Barkley over KDB

Edit: I'm actually tempted to sell KDB and bring in Ayew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Pretty boring transfer this week, Yoshida out for West Broms Olsen. I'm gambling a little that he keeps his place long term, but needed to keep some cash back for Kun possibly in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I gambled last week benching both Aguero and Darmian. So I only had one usable sub. Fortunately I got lucky that I only needed one with the rotation going on in places.

I'm considering a -4 to bring in Moreno/Zouma for Darmian.

Also considering a -8 to bring in Henderson to set up my team for the Christmas period.

So essentially I will be taking a hit at some stage, just wondering is it worth doing it now and getting it out of the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

John83 wrote: »
    I gambled last week benching both Aguero and Darmian. So I only had one usable sub. Fortunately I got lucky that I only needed one with the rotation going on in places.

I'm considering a -4 to bring in Moreno/Zouma for Darmian.

Also considering a -8 to bring in Henderson to set up my team for the Christmas period.

So essentially I will be taking a hit at some stage, just wondering is it worth doing it now and getting it out of the way?

Personally, I'd never take a hit a week in advance. If the player you bring in gets injured you have to transfer him out without ever playing him. I'd only bring in Hendo if you plan on playing him this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

John83 wrote: »

Would leave Henderson until next week.
    Watford have 5/8 CS at home, albeit against mid/lower table teams.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Would leave Henderson until next week.
    Watford have 5/8 CS at home, albeit against mid/lower table teams.

Good point. I thought Watford didn't seem as solid at home.

I think it's a toss up between Moreno and Zouma. Watford's front two are always dangerous and then with the changes going on at Chelsea will Zouma even start?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

What's people's thoughts on Baines? Back in first XI; Attractive price and seem to have a favourable set of fixtures ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hazard only 50/50 to be in the squad according to Mr Dinnery, but its all speculation as there hasn't and won't be an update from Chelsea.

Not sure what to do now, may play him with Sterling to sub in as it seems likely to be a start or not feature situation...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Peadar_85 wrote: »
    What's people's thoughts on Baines? Back in first XI; Attractive price and seem to have a favourable set of fixtures ahead

On my radar for last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Unless he's on penos and free kicks again, he currently isn't worth the price, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

no clean sheets
    no pens
    no thanks for that price

Had been keeping an eye on his return because of the price, but Everton don't impress me at the back at all, especially the capitulation against Bournemouth last month.

They have 4 clean sheets this season. They've conceded 21 over the 12 games they've failed to keep a cleanie. That's almost 2 per game.

So unless he starts cleaning up with his set piece I think there are better options at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

time to spice things up for fun and games. Lingard > Stanislas. Targett > Janmaat. Schwarzer > Butland. Richards > Wollscheid. Playing my bench boost for entertainments sake given how the season has gone so far.

Hennessey Butland

Moreno Kolarov Alderweireld Wollscheid Janmaat

Ozil De Bruyne Mahrez Barkley Stanislas

Lukaku Kane Giroud

probably punt on Mahrez as C and Big Rom as V.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

I am currently leading my work league which ends after the Boxing Day fixture but my lead is slim.

Current Team:

Butland McCarthy
    Bellerin Kolarov Ander Richards
    Barkley Ozil KDB Bolasie Mahrez
    Kane Lukaku Vardy

Two options that I see:

1: Use all AOA chip: play ander and bellerin while starting my front 8 players. Possibly transfer Barkley for another midfielder (henderson most likely with a view to getting aguero and sanchez in)

2: Use Bench Boost: bring in a West Brom defender for Richards. Take a minus 4 to get in a regularly playing keeper.

Money is no worries I have 5.7 ITB

Any advice and opinions are most welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Balls on the table time, bench boost active with two FTs used.

DDG Butland
    Bellerin Dier Evans Dann Moreno
    KDB Ozil Mahrez Delafeau Wijnaldum
    Kane Vardy Lukaku

mectavba wrote: »

Lukaku Vardy Kane

I have that exact front 8 after bringing in Wijnaldum this week also. I couldn't decide on who to bench so played my AOA chip and I'm benching either Bertrand or Kolarov, probably Bertrand.

FWIW, I was leaning towards dropping Barkley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

I'd drop Wijnaldum and start Barkley

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    I'd drop Wijnaldum and start Barkley

if he doesn't play him at home to villa may as well sell him!
    I have not been impressed at all with Barkley from a fantasy point of view last few games
    he is too deep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Dawson Zouma Dier (Souare Bellerin)
    Mahrez Coutinho Ozil Barkley (Eriksen)
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

Am I benching the correct 3? can't decide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

spock. wrote: »
    Dawson Zouma Dier (Souare Bellerin)
    Mahrez Coutinho Ozil Barkley (Eriksen)
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

Am I benching the correct 3? can't decide

I'd start eriksen over Barkley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

So who's getting Aguero in?

He's in the squad for Monday yeah? Will he start? what's peoples opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

can't believe the number of people getting in Wijnaldum.
    he's had so many blanks, that getting him in "because it's Villa" is rather foolish.
    their matches after that are no walk in the park either.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭donglen

So who's getting Aguero in?

He's in the squad for Monday yeah? Will he start? what's peoples opinions?

I've made a decision to totally ignore Aguero until mid-January. Just back from another injury, a bit fragile, probable Xmas rotation. For his price, I'm waiting for a bit more assurance.

• Advertisement

can't believe the number of people getting in Wijnaldum.
    he's had so many blanks, that getting him in "because it's Villa" is rather foolish.
    their matches after that are no walk in the park either.

yeah looked at his fixtures there and I'm leaving him and going with my orogianl Gerard D
    I've rolled the dice on white a few things this week so I'm logging out until the deadline passes!

Advertisement