Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

3lb off today, I'm delighted! 4 more pound will give me my 4 stone award

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Congrats. I'm messing and not focusing enough and need to cop on and loose 4 pounds for my target.

Thank you, I'm nearly feeling too sick to be delighted, but that will pass. Can't believe I'm down over 3 stone, it's actually all I've wished for! I need to start exercising properly now, nothing hectic but even a walk every day.
    I'm sure you will get there, go back to basics, like your a new member?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

First week back after two weeks! Up 2lb. Not even vaguely surprised. Its gonna be hard to turn it around at Christmas but I'll try!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

So I didn't get my one stone award last week, I lost 1.5. Lost another 1.5 this week which brings me to 14.5 lbs gone :) so tonight I got my one stone award, slimmer of the week and I won the raffle LOL.

Couldn't believe it as I really felt like I had a little gain this week. Now I will be happy just to maintain until January and get stuck back into it and lose another stone before my hen in May:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Oh are you getting married too Michellie? My hen is in July with my wedding 26th August so I'm hoping In the new year to really get stuck in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well done on the losses ladies and gents!
    I lost the 1.5 I put up last week, so I'm 1.5 from target again. Here's hoping for a shiny target badge as a Christmas present, but we'll see, I've a busy few weeks so will have to work hard to stay on track!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 1/2 lb tonight, I'm ok with that considering I stuck to plan all week apart from Saturday night when I went out with about 50+ other SW members to one of the hotels party nights and I didn't go mad with the food and drink, just had a glass of wine with my meal and 2 small glasses of mulled wine and I've been unwell all week with a bad cough.

deisemum wrote: »
    Down 1/2 lb tonight, I'm ok with that considering I stuck to plan all week apart from Saturday night when I went out with about 50+ other SW members to one of the hotels party nights and I didn't go mad with the food and drink, just had a glass of wine with my meal and 2 small glasses of mulled wine and I've been unwell all week with a bad cough.

You did well so!
    Have you seen the syns for mulled wine? Anything from 10 to 30 syns depending on who's making it and the size of the bucket :D In my group today people were taking about making it with sugar free cherries and berries squash/cordial and Black Tower reduced alcohol wine, making it just a syn or two per serving... gotta love a happy ending :P

They were very small glasses of mulled wine, not even half full :D It was a great night and I'm so pleased my leader organised the night out. I'm looking forward to next year's do already since I don't have a work do as I'm self-employed. Our leader had us all out dancing for the night. :D

Sounds fantastic, and I promise I wasn't being the Grinch by mentioning the mulled wine syns, it just rang a bell with me having heard the discussion earlier in the day!

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Sounds fantastic, and I promise I wasn't being the Grinch by mentioning the mulled wine syns, it just rang a bell with me having heard the discussion earlier in the day!

Yep heard it too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I weighed in yesterday and gained 1/2 lb, I am still 1.5 lbs under target, I think having the 2nd healthy B didn't really work for me, I think I will have the 2nd healthy B tomorrow & Sunday and then go without the rest of the week.

I suppose as long as I stay within the target range, it doesn't really matter lol :) It is a taster night next week so shall weigh & go as I hate those nights...then the following 2 weeks, there is no class so just weigh & go so we will see how that goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah not a fan of the tasters either! I haven't had the second hex B at all this week. I still have this cold that's going around and just feel nauseous most of the time and don't really have an appetite!

andreac wrote: »
    Oh are you getting married too Michellie? My hen is in July with my wedding 26th August so I'm hoping In the new year to really get stuck in.

Yep! We are the 29th July, my hen is the 27th of May. Had a very off plan weekend in Dublin at kodaline so I'll probably have a little gain this week! But I've been doing lots of body magic(shopping) lol

deisemum wrote: »
    They were very small glasses of mulled wine, not even half full :D It was a great night and I'm so pleased my leader organised the night out. I'm looking forward to next year's do already since I don't have a work do as I'm self-employed. Our leader had us all out dancing for the night. :D

Ah Ellen is brilliant, it sounded like a great night! Her group is what is keeping me going,I love it.

michellie wrote: »
    Ah Ellen is brilliant, it sounded like a great night! Her group is what is keeping me going,I love it.

Yeah she's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Disastrous weekend started wit xmas party on friday an jst continued off the rails from there! How to pull it bavk? ??

Mondo123 wrote: »
    Disastrous weekend started wit xmas party on friday an jst continued off the rails from there! How to pull it bavk? ??

Tomorrow is a new day! Draw a line, draw up a shopping list and meal plan if necessary, and have snacks at the ready... That's what I do anyway!
    Also, best advice I've been given, don't be down on yourself for having one or two bad days, focus on the other 5 or 6 days really well on plan and you could be looking at a maintain or even a smaller loss - a blow out doesn't have to result in a gain!
    You're doing really well, keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

dee_mc wrote: »
    Tomorrow is a new day! Draw a line, draw up a shopping list and meal plan if necessary, and have snacks at the ready... That's what I do anyway!
    Also, best advice I've been given, don't be down on yourself for having one or two bad days, focus on the other 5 or 6 days really well on plan and you could be looking at a maintain or even a smaller loss - a blow out doesn't have to result in a gain!
    You're doing really well, keep it up!

Thanks Dee! I know I need to get back in the zone it's jst this time of year is do tough with doff things on. Your right though, I'll go shopping tomor an have a good week before weekend again! Thank you

Mondo123 wrote: »
    Thanks Dee! I know I need to get back in the zone it's jst this time of year is do tough with doff things on. Your right though, I'll go shopping tomor an have a good week before weekend again! Thank you

I know, it's tough when your routine changes. I've bought little extras like packets of ham and extra veg that I can nibble on because I'm doing a lot of baking and having snacks on hand helps me keep away from the bold stuff.
    I'm nearly at target and would love to get there by Christmas but realistically I'm ok with maintain or small gain the next few weeks, life's too short and too difficult to be 100% on plan 100% of the time, so be nice to yourself if and when you slip up, you'll always pull it back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Mondo123 wrote:

The only thing that has worked for me when that happens is to give my self a good talking too! Why did I start slimming world? Because I needed to get weight off! Whats going to happen if I don't start eating properly? I'm going to put weight on!
    Even if you have put a pound on this week after the weekend you'll feel much better about it if you start back on your healthy eating today knowing that the weight will be off again next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

My little boy's birthday party was on Saturday and naturally there was loads of food left over, I've been picking ever since. I've brought leftover cake etc to work but I have *three* nights in the pub this week with Christmas parties etc. I'm not going to stress about it, just eat the best I can, when I can. It's that time of year where it's an achievement just to maintain IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Struggling the last few days with an awful bout of pleurisy. Completely zonked. I made a sort of Thai chicken noodle soup which has done me the world of good the last few days though. The next couple of days are going to be mad...working away from home in Dublin this week, two work nights out,my OH's Christmas party, my aunt's surprise birthday party.....:O I'm going to need a serious reality check post Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I'm.new to sw and we have a taster tomorrow, I don't know what that is? I didn't stay to class last wk due to work, now I got a message about don't worry about the taster have a 7up and now I'm really confused!!

thalia_13 wrote: »
    I'm.new to sw and we have a taster tomorrow, I don't know what that is? I didn't stay to class last wk due to work, now I got a message about don't worry about the taster have a 7up and now I'm really confused!!

Bring a Christmassy low syn or syn free dish, it's all served together like a buffet the purpose of it being that you should pick up a few ideas of recipes and Slimming World ways of doing Christmassy dishes. For example, I'll probably bring some SW Christmas Pudding, while others in the group are planning to bring smoked salmon starters, sausagemeat stuffing made with Mallon's syn free sausages, syn free mulled fruit squash ( :eek: ), low syn Baileys cheesecake, veg dishes like sprouts with bacon, and there will probably be a turkey and ham provided by your consultant. You don't have to bring something, for example you mightn't have time or you may not have had a chance to try any SW recipes yet - in which case you could bring a bottle of diet 7up or something, or a fruit salad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Have Xmas party on friday. I just know it won't be worth the syns :(

I am considering not going to group to get weighed in each week, or possibly going and just weighing & going, it feels really strange for me to sit there when everyone is talking about losses and what loss they are getting and I am looking at maintaining so not sure that I get so much out of it.

Still trying to get used to this maintaining lark, just don't want to slip back into bad habits (which I don't think will happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Millem wrote: »
    Have Xmas party on friday. I just know it won't be worth the syns :(

Go and enjoy yourself. What's the point in trying to lose weight if you can't enjoy the odd night out. It's not like you'll be saying no to everything for the rest of your life

The worst that will happen is it delays you reaching your goal by a week. I think a night out is worth that

Dodge wrote: »
    Go and enjoy yourself. What's the point in trying to lose weight if you can't enjoy the odd night out. It's not like you'll be saying no to everything for the rest of your life

The worst that will happen is it delays you reaching your goal by a week. I think a night out is worth that

I used to think the opposite then I realised the way I was living was not feasible to keep up with for a lifetime and I was being extremely strict so I say, go enjoy the night out, we have to make this plan fit into our lifestyle rather than the other way around. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

After reaching my target last week, with 1.5 lb to spare I gained 1lb last night, but it was well deserved. I haven't been well so was eating the likes of toast (with butter!) etc. I was actually delighted for it to be only 1lb! I'm determined to lose that this week so I'm on track for Christmas.
    Hope everyone does well for their weigh ins this week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement