Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I have a quick q here for some of the members who have been at SW longer. Was looking at the menu recipes online as I want to start phasing in the sw dinners with the kids lol and with the ingredients does it matter the brand ? What comes to mind is mustard powder should I be looking for a certain brand ? Also when it says syn per meal is that per portion or the whole meal ie sw shepards pie ? Thanks guys !

The brand doesn't matter with something like mustard powder. I think they often mention the brand used because they seem to partner with a lot of British brands.
    The syns are per serving, so for example for the shepherds pie it would be 2.5 syns for your portion (1/4 of the pie).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

dee_mc wrote: »
    The brand doesn't matter with something like mustard powder. I think they often mention the brand used because they seem to partner with a lot of British brands.
    The syns are per serving, so for example for the shepherds pie it would be 2.5 syns for your portion (1/4 of the pie).

Thanks dee_mc.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Vahevala wrote: »
    I know, I just thought she may ask me how I felt the first week at target, maintaining is tricky and I got caught in the case where i don't know if I should be having the second healthy B or not, so I am trying to have it this week and see what I weigh in as...

Oh gosh, Penny, that consultant doesn't sound great, I know the syns are there for whatever we choose, I have such a sweet tooth that using it on sweet things is essential, otherwise I wouldn't last on SW... that's the bonus of it, we can spend the syns on what we like.

May as well see how you get on with the second B, you can always drop it if needs be. Congrats on hitting target btw! I haven't posted in a while and I remember you being so upset with maintains and small gains. It's brilliant your hard work has finally paid off! :D

Yeah, I like the syns, just don't like being told how to use them! Sure now and then I'll have 5 packs of space raiders :o as my 15 syns, but most of the time I use it for fats because I struggle massively to eat lots of carbs and little fat. But I'm sure whoever I switch to in the new year will be better and listen to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

tk123 wrote: »
    Yoooo 2lbs off so got my 1.5 stone award and target!! :D... .Hopefully it's not just a temporary loss because I'm dying the last week and can't eat anything lol! :p

I am so delighted for you, that's brilliant, well done :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Woo ! Down a lb today again. Happy out. My first star week on SW and I felt so bloated I was amazed the scales didn't say I'd put on 5lbs :o so ill take my 1lb loss gladly :) good luck to everyone this week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I'm in bits all week and on an antibiotic and steroids for a chest and throat infection. Missed my usual weigh in on Monday as had a parent teacher meeting. I'm going to get weighed tomorrow, but am dreading it, a combination of the tablets and not eating.. Aghhh..

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm in bits all week and on an antibiotic and steroids for a chest and throat infection. Missed my usual weigh in on Monday as had a parent teacher meeting. I'm going to get weighed tomorrow, but am dreading it, a combination of the tablets and not eating.. Aghhh..

Hope you feel better now! Best of luck for weigh in x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I am so delighted for you, that's brilliant, well done :D:D

Thanks!! :D

m'lady I have that bug too but have avoided the doc so far(!) Was worried about my weigh-in yesterday because I don't really have an appetite either and still don't!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Hi Guys, would anyone have a PDF copy of the SW docs they wouldnt mind private messaging me?
    I used to have an actual copy, but was puppy minding and I will spare you the details :-) suffice to say the book is smelly and in the bin!
    Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

So after my feeling sorry for myself moment last week with my huge gain of 6lbs, I started like brand new again on Thursday morning and despite I very hectic week I managed to shift 7lbs this week. I'm really happy with myself and going to try to keep some of the habits I formed last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Wellyd wrote: »
    So after my feeling sorry for myself moment last week with my huge gain of 6lbs, I started like brand new again on Thursday morning and despite I very hectic week I managed to shift 7lbs this week. I'm really happy with myself and going to try to keep some of the habits I formed last week.

Wow that's a seriously impressive loss. Well done.

Wellyd wrote: »

That is brilliant, what a wonderful loss! :)

Thanks Vahevala and tk123.. Still feeling miserable, the antibiotics are killing me, I've to bring my daughter back to Doctor later as she's no better so going to see if she can change my meds. I'll go to weigh in this evening, but not very hopeful..

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Has anyone found a sugar substitute that actually tastes like sugar for in the teas and coffees thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Hello, I'm just back from group and got told that I have to pay the group when I couldn't go as I was sick and have informed my consultant due to the fact I bought a 12 week countdown and I would get two free groups anyway. I should maybe say it was the first time that I was sick in 18 month being with slimming world. Has anyone get told the same? Tia

Hello, I'm just back from group and got told that I have to pay the group when I couldn't go as I was sick and have informed my consultant due to the fact I bought a 12 week countdown and I would get two free groups anyway. I should maybe say it was the first time that I was sick in 18 month being with slimming world. Has anyone get told the same? Tia

If you were on a countdown at the time, you just lose the week because you have to book holidays in when you buy the countdown so I am not sure why you needed to pay

Nah that's wrong, I would take that up with them next week. Did they actually take money from you, or were they just letting you know that your missed week would count as one of the 12 weeks in your countdown?

If you were on a countdown at the time, you just lose the week because you have to book holidays in when you buy the countdown so I am not sure why you needed to pay

I know Vahevala, but when I bought the countdown I wasn't aware that I will be sick for one week and have to pay group. This was completely new for me as I wasn't sick before while always buying a countdown :-)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Nah that's wrong, I would take that up with them next week. Did they actually take money from you, or were they just letting you know that your missed week would count as one of the 12 weeks in your countdown?

I asked today how much groups I have left and got told one less than I expected - my consultant will check this for me with the head office as she never had this question before

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down a half tonight. I'm happy enough as I'm bit all over the place at the mo. So if I got another lb or 2 off by Christmas I'd be delighted.
    I got measured for my wedding dress again last weekend and she said I was down an inch around my waist and half inch on my bust.

Hopefully by August ill have a few more inches off.

• Advertisement

I think you said you informed your consultant at the time? If that's the case, you should definitely be entitled to not pay for the week you missed due to illness... it's in the rules. I hope you get this sorted, leaves a bad taste in the mouth when something like this happens!

Well after me dreading the weigh in I lost 3.5lbs, Meaning I've reached my target with 1.5lb to spare! I'm thrilled, but I am a bit afraid it's a fake loss due to me bring sick (chest infection) and on steroids and antibiotics,so hopefully I won't gain it next week.

I help out at the pay desk usually and I've never heard someone being charged on a countdown if they were sick.. Did you contact the consultant before the class to let her know you were not going to be able to go and that you were sick?

I help out at the pay desk usually and I've never heard someone being charged on a countdown if they were sick.. Did you contact the consultant before the class to let her know you were not going to be able to go and that you were sick?

I texted her on Thursday evening (my group is always Wednesdays) because I was hoping to make it to a Thursday group but I was just to sick to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Down another 3lbs. 12lbs in total. Delighted if I lost 2lb for Xmas ;)

I texted her on Thursday evening (my group is always Wednesdays) because I was hoping to make it to a Thursday group but I was just to sick to go

I'm not sure then to be honest.. I looked up the rules there, you will find them in 'love friendship' handbook on page 40/41. It says 'countdown courses are non-refundable and cannot be extended unless in exceptional circumstances, for example close bereavement or hospitalisation where the consultant will contact head office to arrange the extension...' It's a bit crappy that they don't seem to have some sort of leeway in case someone is sick.

I'm not sure then to be honest.. I looked up the rules there, you will find them in 'love friendship' handbook on page 40/41. It says 'countdown courses are non-refundable and cannot be extended unless in exceptional circumstances, for example close bereavement or hospitalisation where the consultant will contact head office to arrange the extension...' It's a bit crappy that they don't seem to have some sort of leeway in case someone is sick.

Thank you for checking this. Still think it's a bit odd but will let you know what my consultant found out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Well after me dreading the weigh in I lost 3.5lbs, Meaning I've reached my target with 1.5lb to spare! I'm thrilled, but I am a bit afraid it's a fake loss due to me bring sick (chest infection) and on steroids and antibiotics,so hopefully I won't gain it next week.

Congrats. I'm messing and not focusing enough and need to cop on and loose 4 pounds for my target.

Weigh in tomorrow morning and as usual, no idea whether I'm up, sts or down! Hoping to lose the 1.5 I put up last week, another 1.5 along with that would put me at target but I very much doubt I'll be reaching target this week... maybe by Christmas though, I'd love that :)
    Spent today making cranberry sauce (half a syn per level teaspoon, in case anyone is wondering for Christmas day!) and SW brownies and mince pies, house smells amazing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

ja1986 wrote: »
    Has anyone found a sugar substitute that actually tastes like sugar for in the teas and coffees thanks x

Have you tried Half Spoon? It's in the sugar aisle in the likes of Tesco? It's a mix between sugar and sweetener so it's not as bad syn wise but still looks and tastes like sugar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement