Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was down a pound on Monday and sts the week before so happy enough that i have a few target lbs to play with over xmas. i have had the odd treat which included syntastic pancakes and syrup this morning while we waited for Aldi to open lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Hope you did well today Dee and got to target, if not, there is always next week! :)

I weighed in a day early & maintained and am delighted with that, was afraid of another gain lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I did it :)
    1.5 pound loss, bringing me a pound under target. Total loss 5 stone 3 pounds since beginning of September 2014. I'm past the point of working out how many weeks that is, absolutely wrecked. Looking forward to a nice relaxing Christmas now, and wishing you all the same as that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dee_mc wrote: »
    1.5 pound loss, bringing me a pound under target. Total loss 5 stone 3 pounds since beginning of September 2014. I'm past the point of working out how many weeks that is, absolutely wrecked. Looking forward to a nice relaxing Christmas now, and wishing you all the same as that!

Absolutely thrilled for you Dee! You deserve it so much! Enjoy your Christmas as a target member!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

Well done Dee that's some achievement.

I was down 2lbs tonight that's 9lbs so far in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Wow. Well done. That's an incredible achievement and perfect timing just before Christmas. Congrats. You are a great help to all of us on this thread thank you. Happy Christmas

That's fantastic, well deserved, fantastic weight loss! Enjoy your Christmas! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well done Dee_mc, be very proud...Its a great feeling!

Wow there a a few here that have reached target, which shows how great sw is.
    Question for everyone, how are you going to handle Xmas? I am trying to stick to it as best as possible, have been good all week since my weigh in on Monday and will treat myself a little tomorrow, but really don't want a massive gain on Monday!!

I am taking Christmas day off, going back on plan on the 26th, you may as well enjoy it :)

I'll use a bit of butter under the turkey skin and I'll make my usual potato and bread stuffing and have a small bit, might have a slice of brown bread with my smoked salmon starter if I'm peckish, I'll have a little SW Christmas pudding with Quark (flavoured with a bit of sweetener and vanilla) and probably a few Celebrations from the tin that appeared in the sitting room recently... I won't be counting syns but I probably won't go past 20 or 25 anyway. Happy to ease up a little bit for the few days but I don't feel great when I go too far, especially with sugar, so I won't go too mad.
    A maintain or a bit of a gain wouldn't bother me one bit, I think the great thing about SW is that it's all about the bigger picture :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Dee_mc omg that is so amazing....well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Would anyone be willing to post up a daily menu of things they eat? I am considering joining Slimming World but joined WW before and wondering if they're much of a muchness

Would anyone be willing to post up a daily menu of things they eat? I am considering joining Slimming World but joined WW before and wondering if they're much of a muchness

They are very different tbh, and for me I never, ever had any success with WW but with SW I've lost over 3 stone since the middle of April.. I don't have the time to give you a daily diary right now but will later if you like. What I'd suggest is going onto the SW site and they have weekly plans there and you will see what you can eat..

I'll try scanning a weekly diary later.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Hi All

I have a stone to loose despite the fact that people tell me I have a great figure! I know myself only too well, haven't worn anything fitted or a pencil skirt in over a year, my weight can fluctuate if I don't constantly work at it and exercise it is a daily life style change. I am an emotional comfort eater cakes, sweets and biscuits are my downfall, no sugar in tea or coffee and not a big bread eater. I swim and walk/jog when I am well in myself but when stressed I fall off the wagon, had a lot of loss and trauma since 2007 and despite I lost the stone in Motivation did it twice, had a family bereavement and did it the second time, found it a rip off IMO and all about the scales and pushing bars and products. Have done WW in the past and got to maintenance. My most recent was U Slim where I got to my target v fast with the help of a huge loss as a result of a stomach bug! I stopped going in for maintenance and of course it crept up again as it always does, always a stone, probably would be worse but for the fact that I am actually not a big eater and am good some of the time and also exercise. I always found it doable to loose the weight but I re joined U slim in the autumn with the aim of loosing a half stone in the first month which should have been achievable, lost 3 lbs in the first week and after that it was hit and miss to be honest, I was paranoid about the scales one day I would be down and on the morning of the weigh in I could be up so got pissed off and decided to opt out and enjoy Christmas, this was the first ever time I was unsuccessful I am 54, gone from a 12 to 14 and hate it, I am 5ft 5 and everyone says there isn't a pick on you, I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks now and dread it but probably 11st 4 ish or more.

Query is would you recommend SW the only one I haven't tried? I need the push and discipline of Weigh in weekly, it feels so good to feel the clothes getting looser and the confidence and energy boost! I never count points or yums or anything like that I try to cut out or greatly reduce rubbish which for me would be sweet stuff, also drink lots of water and more veg and clean food, I am reading about all the syns and the image therapy? I also read in the posts about some leaders not very professional and empathetic, I also hear that in my local North Cork area that a lot of people find the leader hard work? any advice welcome I need to get started again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭janes1234

Monife wrote:
    Paleo or clean eating is not for everyone. Some people like their carbs or their small sweet treat every evening.

Then don't expect to lose any weight ! Itcan be very tough to lose weight but it is not going to happen by itself. Clean eating and regular exercise is the only way. I would not recommend slimming world without a good exercise routine.

janes1234 wrote: »
    Monife wrote:
    Paleo or clean eating is not for everyone. Some people like their carbs or their small sweet treat every evening.

Then don't expect to lose any weight ! Itcan be very tough to lose weight but it is not going to happen by itself. Clean eating and regular exercise is the only way. I would not recommend slimming world without a good exercise routine.

I have carbs and a sweet treat most days and I'm losing weight most weeks and that's without any exercise, I do plan on taking up some form of exercise in the future once I've had the surgeries I'm waiting to have. My leader encourages members to exercise and even recommends a variety of classes at reduced rates for SW members but she also says the SW plan is also designed for those who cannot or don't want to exercise, just that it may take longer.

I have been with SW since mid September, I feel like it stopped working with me, I would like to lose a little more but it feels impossible if I am honest. I do think SW teaches nothing about portion control. I feel like I am overeating.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to try to calorie count again, just want to try & see if I can survive on that and if worst case, I will re-evaluate it again :) I am going to try and really push on the exercise front. I have got so lazy recently.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I have sweet treats and carbs...I don't have much time to exercise but I try to be conscientious about walking instead of the car and the stairs instead of lifts...I've lost nearly 5 stone in just over a year, guess I'm doing something wrong :pac:

I come seeking a favour! Can anyone in Cork tell me anything about the SW class that takes place in Nemo of a Saturday? Due to my work and college commitments I cannot make any class during the week and Saturday would be perfect.

Also, how do I go about joining a different group? Do I just show up and ask to join like a new member? Do I sit in on the new member group? Can I use my old card? I can't seem to find the info on the net and I am reluctant to ask my consultant for obvious reasons :o

Also, how do I go about joining a different group? Do I just show up and ask to join like a new member? Do I sit in on the new member group? Can I use my old card? I can't seem to find the info on the net and I am reluctant to ask my consultant for obvious reasons :o

You just speak to the consultant either before or after the class and ask to switch groups, you don't need to do anything else, it will all be sorted for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Vahevala wrote: »
    You just speak to the consultant either before or after the class and ask to switch groups, you don't need to do anything else, it will all be sorted for you.

Thanks Vahevala, I'll hop along next Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Hi all,

My mom and sister have had huge success with Slimming World in the past few months (both have lost over 1 and a half stone so far) and have convinced me to try it too. The plan looks very sensible and easy to follow. I'm just wondering if it is as effective if you have a smaller amount of weight to lose? Or do you have to adapt it in any way if you have less to lose to ensure it works? I'm guessing less syns etc. For reference I am currently 10st, looking to get to 9st 7lb (I'm 5'6). Would this work for me in conjunction with regular exercise?

Thanks for all the different responses and opinions, it is good to a variety of opinions. I am aware that when I am in a good frame of mind and eat sensibly and exercise and also have a little treat, it does work, I just think that one needs to be ready and focused, the thoughts of loosing the ex stone feels good already and hearing the positive outcomes that posters have. I would be naturally good to walk and swim but all that has been put on hold, its like a downward spiral! Getting started it the hardest part but also the first step. I agree livingDeadGirl, that the less you have to loose the more difficult it is. I am very aware of looking good and not getting obsessed with weight and having a great figure but looking gaunt and emaciated, I see my own son is like for some time, very tall, and fit but over doing it, he broke up with a long term gf and is constantly on a challenge be it cycling or running etc, its all about balance, I have my mind made up to join SW the minute it opens up, there is a great feeling when you step up on the scales and you are down, I am not too worried about portion sizes I think we all know what to do! Thanks again and looking forward to checking in with less of us there in 2016!!

After bricking myself all day because I really expected to be up by at least 3lbs I went to my weigh in and LOST 1/2lb!! Am over the moon, I really am.. I wasn't an angel over the Christmas period but I didn't go crazy either!
    Having people over tonight and I will be letting my hair down and having a couple of drinks.. Happy camper!
    I hope anyone isn't too disappointed at weigh in and good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Had my first weigh in in a fortnight today. Ate like a savage the past 10 days or so between Xmas parties, eating out and lots of ****e

I stayed the same. Genuinely thought I'd be up about half a stone. Should be back on track now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Average day for me:

Breakfast: either nothing, or - omelette made with three eggs, chicken, spinach, tomato and a small bit of cheese.

Lunch: Ham, lettuce, egg (if I haven't had breakfast), tomato on brennan's be good bread with a small bit of butter (synned).

Snacks: an Apple, some almonds (synned).

Dinner: chilli with carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, sweet corn, onion and tomato (chilli sauce made from scratch following sw recipe), with either whole grain rice or chickpeas.

Drinks: black coffee in the morning, water throughout the day, maybe the odd diet 7up (twice a week tops).

Well done and fair play to you both on the wi ! it is a great feeling when you are the same of down an ounce after cheating a bit, but you must have been nice for more time than you were naughty! Bought some nice clothes in the sales today look forward to shaping up and getting back to healthy lifestyle soon X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Average day for me:

Breakfast: either nothing, or - omelette made with three eggs, chicken, spinach, tomato and a small bit of cheese.

Lunch: Ham, lettuce, egg (if I haven't had breakfast), tomato on brennan's be good bread with a small bit of butter (synned).

Snacks: an Apple, some almonds (synned).

Dinner: chilli with carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, peas, sweet corn, onion and tomato (chilli sauce made from scratch following sw recipe), with either whole grain rice or chickpeas.

Drinks: black coffee in the morning, water throughout the day, maybe the odd diet 7up (twice a week tops).

To add - my diet for the past week has been mostly turkey and crisps :o

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

Just wondering if by any chance there might be members from Cork that might be able to tell me if there is still a class on a Saturday morning and if the leader is nice also, many thanks for your help!

• Advertisement

Haven't a clue how to multiqote/reply!
    So well done to Millem and Claude Burgandy. Getting past that stone mark is great.

Dee_mc. Congrats on being so close to your target. Your a great help to all on this thread including myself!
    1lb up today which is great considering!
    pinkstars wrote: »
    Just wondering if by any chance there might be members from Cork that might be able to tell me if there is still a class on a Saturday morning and if the leader is nice also, many thanks for your help!

Hi Pinkstars! It looks like there's a group at 9:30am Saturday at Nemo Rangers GAA club. The consultant's name is Colette and her number is 087 4400668. I used to work in Cork and I remember a colleague raving about a slimming club run by a lady called Colette so presumably it's the same person!
    It would be worth giving her a text or a buzz to check if times have changed for this week.
    It's a good time to join, lots of new members and there's a new free recipe booklet available to members for the next 2 weeks.
    Good luck with it and if you've any questions fire away, plenty of old pros on this thread always happy to help! x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement