Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I was up 3. Very well deserved after a week spent enjoying myself!! Rarely happens that I have so many things on so I expected more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 muddlemuffin

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am considering not going to group to get weighed in each week, or possibly going and just weighing & going, it feels really strange for me to sit there when everyone is talking about losses and what loss they are getting and I am looking at maintaining so not sure that I get so much out of it.

Still trying to get used to this maintaining lark, just don't want to slip back into bad habits (which I don't think will happen)

Congrats on reaching target. You posts are an inspiration.
    I reached target in June and as well as being delighted there was a funny adjustment period.....It wasn't that it was a letdown it was more that I had to adjust to a new focus. I decided to keep going to weekly group as much as possible as this is what had worked for me. (not paying is great too!) Target members don't get much attention but I would hate to slip after all the effort.
    If it works it works!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Dodge wrote: »
    Go and enjoy yourself. What's the point in trying to lose weight if you can't enjoy the odd night out. It's not like you'll be saying no to everything for the rest of your life

The worst that will happen is it delays you reaching your goal by a week. I think a night out is worth that

Sorry dodge I mean the party will crap!!! I would prefer spending my syns on a night that I will enjoy myself! Never usually go but have to this year. Not going to drink and use syns on the dinner!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,163 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Ha! Sorry about that so. I know the feeling too. Avoiding an Xmas do on Friday and going out with some mates I don't see so often on Saturday instead

Dodge wrote: »
    Ha! Sorry about that so. I know the feeling too. Avoiding an Xmas do on Friday and going out with some mates I don't see so often on Saturday instead

Hehehe dodge a group of us usually have our own XMAS party on the same night as official party!! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am considering not going to group to get weighed in each week, or possibly going and just weighing & going, it feels really strange for me to sit there when everyone is talking about losses and what loss they are getting and I am looking at maintaining so not sure that I get so much out of it.

Still trying to get used to this maintaining lark, just don't want to slip back into bad habits (which I don't think will happen)

Hi Vahevala , I had a similar conversation with my consultant last week, in addition to what you said above I was also feeling nervous that the 'buzz' that I get from losing weight and getting the stickers and certs would obviously be gone and that I could get bored. She suggested that I'd get a buzz from helping others during image therapy.. Which I think I will.

Personally, I wouldn't give up staying for class just yet, you might still need that bit of support..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

m'lady wrote: »
    Hi Vahevala , I had a similar conversation with my consultant last week, in addition to what you said above I was also feeling nervous that the 'buzz' that I get from losing weight and getting the stickers and certs would obviously be gone and that I could get bored. She suggested that I'd get a buzz from helping others during image therapy.. Which I think I will.

Personally, I wouldn't give up staying for class just yet, you might still need that bit of support..

I won't be staying to class till January with the taster night this week & the next two weeks are weigh & go so I will reassess it in January and see how I feel. I honestly feel the support when you get to target is pretty much non existant.
    Congrats on reaching target. You posts are an inspiration.
    I reached target in June and as well as being delighted there was a funny adjustment period.....It wasn't that it was a letdown it was more that I had to adjust to a new focus. I decided to keep going to weekly group as much as possible as this is what had worked for me. (not paying is great too!) Target members don't get much attention but I would hate to slip after all the effort.
    If it works it works!!!!

Thank you so much, well done to you, that is brilliant. It is hard refocusing after getting to target, you lose the buzz of getting to the scales and seeing what you have lost.

I do want to continue at least weighing in as it helps me, I do enjoy the group of people that are there, I just wish consultants gave more support to the target members or at least people who have just reached target.

Vahevala it won't let me quote your reply..

That's a shame as obviously each consultant is different because mine gives the same support to target members.. Congrats on reaching your target again, well deserved! I'm only getting my high from reaching it this week as I was so sick last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Well this week has sucked, lot going on with family at the minute and seems I've gone into a bit of a depression ( very prone to it but this is the the worst its been since I started slimming world) not looking at what I'm eating at all, so god knows how weigh in will go tomorrow. I'm usually fairly good at getting myself back on track but not been able to thus far. Anyone have any tips? Would a food diary help?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Well this week has sucked, lot going on with family at the minute and seems I've gone into a bit of a depression ( very prone to it but this is the the worst its been since I started slimming world) not looking at what I'm eating at all, so god knows how weigh in will go tomorrow. I'm usually fairly good at getting myself back on track but not been able to thus far. Anyone have any tips? Would a food diary help?

Ah that's tough, I've suffered from depression in the past and I know how mindless eating can be a part of it. I'd say a food diary might help make you more mindful of the whole thing? Away from the SW side of things, I know for me a bit of fresh air always helped clear my head a bit. Don't worry about weigh in anyway, just do your best and I hope you feel much better very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down 1 and half tonight. Delighted but I think the fact that I hardly ate all day on Sunday played a bit of a part in that lol. Would love even another half off next week if possible.

Down another 3lbs! :D:D
    15lbs now in 5 weeks! Still haven't set a target. Clothes defo feeling looser. Maybe lose another stone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Haven't posted in a while, crazy busy with work and business. Anyway down a total of 17 lbs now and close be being at my lowest weight in 10 yrs.

I've made a few small changes that seem to be working for me. Booze wise i only drink red wine, i use protein bars as a snack, i'm limiting bread and trying to have breakfast as early as i can.

Down another pound! Half a pound to target now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Haven't a clue how to multiqote/reply!
    So well done to Millem and Claude Burgandy. Getting past that stone mark is great.

Dee_mc. Congrats on being so close to your target. Your a great help to all on this thread including myself!

1lb up today which is great considering!

Thanks tickingclock :)
    Good job StillThinking, keep the chin up ;)
    I can't do multiquote either... or can I...
    Edit: nope, no I can't!

Well done Dee, you are so close now! Great news Claude, what a fantastic feeling that is! :)

I weighed in again and for the 2nd week running, I gained 1/2 lb, ah well I am still in target but no clue why I am gaining to be honest.. it is a mystery to me...

Having an early Christmas dinner with some family (who live abroad) at the weekend so I plan to be on a flexi and enjoy myself. I haven't really ventured away from the plan since I got to target. If I am gaining, I may as well enjoy myself while I am doing it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 2lbs tonight and got slimmer of the week. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I was up 2.5lb on Wednesday! I'm peeved as I wasn't *that* bad, I even had some good days.

Edit: I don't mean to sound so negative, I think I'm just burnt out with it all at the moment. Think I'll just enjoy my Christmas and start afresh in January (along with the rest of Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I was up 0.5lb on Thursday. Not even a bit put out 'cos I'm enjoying myself! January will be here soon enough, enjoy it while you can!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭araic88

Sorry if this has been discussed before, new to the thread & there's a lot of pages!
    Curious about the process at the beginning, I'd like to try it but was a bit confused on the website how much you've to pay upfront at the beginning.
    Do they help you decide what your target should be, my BMI is normal after loosing 10-12 last year through running. My body fat percentage is quite high though and the last half stone or so I'd hoped to lose hasn't budged. I don't want to cut out too many carbs etc though as I run quite a lot and will be training for half & full marathons so don't want to get injured with an unhealthy diet even if I'm losing weight. Is slimming world healthy?

araic88 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been discussed before, new to the thread & there's a lot of pages!
    Curious about the process at the beginning, I'd like to try it but was a bit confused on the website how much you've to pay upfront at the beginning.
    Do they help you decide what your target should be, my BMI is normal after loosing 10-12 last year through running. My body fat percentage is quite high though and the last half stone or so I'd hoped to lose hasn't budged. I don't want to cut out too many carbs etc though as I run quite a lot and will be training for half & full marathons so don't want to get injured with an unhealthy diet even if I'm losing weight. Is slimming world healthy?

Are you looking to go online only or go to a group, if you go to a group, you have the initial join up fee and then it is 9 euro after that (you can buy countdowns, 6 week in advance or 12 weeks (you pay for 10 and get 2 weeks free). Your target is what you choose to pick. They may be able to give you a suggestion though if you are not sure. I am sure in early January, there will be a voucher in magazines offering free membership or lower join up fee.

Yes Slimming World is healthy and a lot of Doctors recommend it. Personally, I feel healthy & fit but the BMI tells me I am overweight so I think that scale is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

I had been following another well known diet plan before I joined Slimming World and my gp kept recommending SW instead. I waited almost a year before switching.

Group early this week and I managed a maintain, quite proud of myself if I'm honest!

Group early this week and I managed a maintain, quite proud of myself if I'm honest!

Well done! I gained a pound and was raging, I'm in maintenance so really wanted to maintain! I'm still within the 3lb leeway but was annoyed with myself!

I'm praying to Santa for the half pound loss that would bring me to target tomorrow morning :D

dee_mc wrote: »
    I'm praying to Santa for the half pound loss that would bring me to target tomorrow morning :D

Awww I'll keep fingers crossed for you! Wear the lightest clothes possible lol

I stayed the same this week. I weighed in earlier in the week than usual because of Christmas! I am delighted as had Christmas party and star week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Down 3lbs this week definitely not deserved but I'll take it! Really hopeful for you Dee! Fingers crossed! Going to be good today and tomorrow but there will definitely be some drinks tomorrow evening! Christmas is only once a year so I can get myself back on track in the new year! 2 weddings next October and I will hopefully be at target by then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement