Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

That sounds promising…

Edit!

Everyone with a uFirst account....!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah it is a joke. I am only with them about 2 months. Already I have had to chase them up about two sets of tickets. The one set of tickets I did get cashback for were the Dublin Bus tickets. Then I got a call about other tickets I had ordered and the one on the phone was trying to help see any record of the tickets (even though Ulster Bank actually sent me confirmation, she couldn't see it) and she saw the Dublin Bus ticket and said "oh....you shouldn't be getting cashback for them, they have been taken off as they do not fall under concerts and sporting events".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

The ticket search seems to produce results now, so looks like they have fixed it. Going through that will probably mean the auto cash back works ok too.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Best off just to order on the normal ticketmaster.ie site and submit your claim to the following address (ticketbooking@ufirstaccount.ie), you will need to include the following info:

Name of Event:
    Date of Event:
    Venue:
    Number of tickets booked:
    Price per ticket:
    Booking fee:
    Postage Charge:
    Booking Reference:
    Date tickets were booked:
    Your contact telephone number:

This is working for me lately.

Send them the list of details for all your outstanding tickets - There is the waiting period, which if you are stuck for the money can be a pain. But if you're not waiting on the cash, who cares how long it takes. For tickets i've bought over the last few months (i go to quite a few gigs) - i've gotten back 100+ EUR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    This is working for me lately.

Send them the list of details for all your outstanding tickets - There is the waiting period, which if you are stuck for the money can be a pain. But if you're not waiting on the cash, who cares how long it takes. For tickets i've bought over the last few months (i go to quite a few gigs) - i've gotten back 100+ EUR.

got tickets to Gareth Brooks few weeks back and thought about booking them through uFirst as my husband is signed up with them but last time he tried to book tickets with them he had awful hassle.
    so in the end I booked them myself using my credit card. Can we send off the claims to uFirst for these tickets now even though they were booked using my credit card?

• Advertisement

This has actually been working pretty well for me lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Any idea how far back you can claim cash back on tickets from? Had a look on the website but couldn't see any time frame mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Whipping Boy

Can you still sign up for this or is it totally
    finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Can you still sign up for this or is it totally
    finished?

Gone I'm afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Have to say i've never had any hassle with Ufirst, money back from all ticket purchases and my gf claimed phone insurance when it broke and they replaced it within 48 hours hassle free. (I always log into Ufirst, ticket search and when it doesnt find it click the link to ticketmaster.co.uk that they provide and search and once i purchase through that window, hunky dory)

In a time where bank charges are a plague at least with the 10e a month you ACTUALLY get something!

• Advertisement

tallpaul wrote: »
    Gone I'm afraid...

This product is no longer available to new customers.
    I notice that is is still available to NI customer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭bren2001

Put in my application for this the day before it closed. The account was finally set up 3 weeks later (application was valid for 28 days). In just over a month, the account has already paid for itself for the year. Already claimed back over 120e in tickets. The rest is profit from here.

bren2001 wrote: »
    Put in my application for this the day before it closed. The account was finally set up 3 weeks later (application was valid for 28 days). In just over a month, the account has already paid for itself for the year. Already claimed back over 120e in tickets. The rest is profit from here.

Yeah it works out quite well if you know what you are entitled to.

I have 2 phones insured (which would be ~20 anyway per month elsewhere) and then i buy a lot of concert tickets so the cashback is a big bonus.

Chance your arm in the branches with Foreign Exchange also as i have been getting free commission recently (every little helps). I think the commission only applies to uFirst Gold but i have been getting it on my uFirst

Wont be getting rid of it any time soon. And in fairness, the helpdesk people are very helpful also if you are stuck/have doubts with anything

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah if you stretch the legs of this account with the various benefits you're in profit. Phone Insurance (the large excess aside - €90!) is probably worth ~€100 a year and if you spend €200 on tickets which I would easily do then that's €50. I've the Gold account so its €168 a year which minus the above essentially equals €18 for free banking, an interest free €1,000 overdraft facility, multi trip worldwide travel insurance and a life assurance policy too.

The travel service also gives 10% off the price of long haul flights too which could be very handy for some; I rang them up to get a handle on it and they basically said; go pick the flights and give them a link and they'll cut 10% off the ticket fare (not taxes & charges). That's typically ~ €40 on anything transatlantic which is not to be sniffed at.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I have to say I am finding it great. Booked two sets of tickets and had to chase them but got my money in the end. Also getting free travel insurance to US for the family which covers the yearly cost of the account. Registered the life assurance and phone.

I have well covered my costs already this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

That link is for the NI site not ROI.

Anyone still using ufirst for ticketmaster bookings? My automatic cash back hasnt worked since June 2012. That's regardless of whether I use ufirstaccount.ie or ticketmaster.ie.
    I have been sending in details of transactions for them to process the cashback manually.
    I have been doing this for almost 3 years. Now today all of a sudden, they have told me I am not entitled to cash back as I didnt follow correct procedure.
    Anyone else get this response? Absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone still using ufirst for ticketmaster bookings? My automatic cash back hasnt worked since June 2012. That's regardless of whether I use ufirstaccount.ie or ticketmaster.ie.
    I have been sending in details of transactions for them to process the cashback manually.
    I have been doing this for almost 3 years. Now today all of a sudden, they have told me I am not entitled to cash back as I didnt follow correct procedure.
    Anyone else get this response? Absolutely ridiculous.

The automatic cashback has worked on and off for me. I usually have to email them but I always go through the link on the ufirst website, I presume they track it.

Mine has worked better than ever recently.

bren2001 wrote: »
    The automatic cashback has worked on and off for me. I usually have to email them but I always go through the link on the ufirst website, I presume they track it.
    Yeah I persisted with using the ufirstaccount site for a few months, but it never worked consistently, so I gave up and went direct to TM
    Now all of a sudden it's not good enough for them. I have a fair few transaction with cashback pending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Raoul wrote: »
    Mine has worked better than ever recently.

It's better now - as you put in the reference number after you make the booking.

There was 1 time automated way did not work for me - I had to do a fair amount of chasing to get the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Yeah I persisted with using the ufirstaccount site for a few months, but it never worked consistently, so I gave up and went direct to TM
    Now all of a sudden it's not good enough for them. I have a fair few transaction with cashback pending.

Look for T&C's that state you are not entitled to the cashback ... I wouldn't let it go!

I've clocked up €750 in Cashback since 2012

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Look for T&C's that state you are not entitled to the cashback ... I wouldn't let it go!

I've clocked up €750 in Cashback since 2012
    No way I am letting it go, I use it a lot to get tickets for me and friends. He just replied to my email, said:
    I am obliged to advise that you may treat this letter as our final response, and pursue your complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service should you remain dissatisfied, within 6 months from the date of this letter. I have enclosed the leaflet ‘Your complaint and the ombudsman’.

I just tried using the search on ufirstaccount.ie, and it's as bad as I remember it. It only seems to show shows in the UK?

Managed to sort this myself. All I did was enter all the TM ref. numbers from my email receipts into the ufirstaccount.ie site. (go to the section for cash back summary)
    So it seems that is all that is needed to get the auto cash back. No need to search for the event on the site, just buy form ticketmaster and then enter the ref number on the ufirstaccount.ie site.

I dont know why they couldn't just tell me that, instead of being arseholes and directing me to the ombudsman.

Managed to sort this myself. All I did was enter all the TM ref. numbers from my email receipts into the ufirstaccount.ie site. (go to the section for cash back summary)
    So it seems that is all that is needed to get the auto cash back. No need to search for the event on the site, just buy form ticketmaster and then enter the ref number on the ufirstaccount.ie site.

I dont know why they couldn't just tell me that, instead of being arseholes and directing me to the ombudsman.

I have gotten cashback countless times through this process.. admittedly its about 2 months since i did it. I just email ticketbooking@ufirstaccount.ie with the below details:

uFirst details: account name

Event
    • Name of Event:
    • Date of Event:
    • Venue:
    • Number of tickets booked:
    • Price per ticket:
    • Booking fee per ticket:
    • Postage Charge:
    • Booking Reference:
    • Date tickets were booked:
    • Your contact telephone number:

I have yet to face any issue

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    I have gotten cashback countless times through this process.. admittedly its about 2 months since i did it. I just email ticketbooking@ufirstaccount.ie with the below details:

uFirst details: account name

Event
    • Name of Event:
    • Date of Event:
    • Venue:
    • Number of tickets booked:
    • Price per ticket:
    • Booking fee per ticket:
    • Postage Charge:
    • Booking Reference:
    • Date tickets were booked:
    • Your contact telephone number:

I have yet to face any issue
    I was doing that for about 2 years, but they only took issue with it this time, maybe as I had a lot of transaction built up, and they weren't arsed processing them.
    It's handier just to enter the ref number on the ufirstaccount site, then email for any outstanding ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjulien88

sorry to jump on that thread but any of you got decline cash back?
    I've booked tickets in past using pre sales and received cashback. today they are telling me that 3arena presales (booked on ticketmaster site) are not elligible. Can't see this anywhere on their T&C

• Registered Users Posts: 31 crazyjulien88

I've booked tickets in past using pre sales and received cashback. today they are telling me that 3arena presales (booked on ticketmaster site) are not eligible. Can't see this anywhere on their T&C

• Advertisement

I've booked tickets in past using pre sales and received cashback. today they are telling me that 3arena presales (booked on ticketmaster site) are not eligible. Can't see this anywhere on their T&C

Nope, I've gone through the presale a few times and got the cash-back no problem. Will be doing it for Adele tomorrow.

Advertisement