Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Just got a mail - €96.10 on the way back (must have included booking fee also)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Just got a mail - €96.10 on the way back (must have included booking fee also)

Me too! Really didn't expect the booking fee - a nice bonus! Still haven't mentioned it to the other three....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone use the Ufirst for tickets, i've bought a good few and they never show up on that table on the ufirst page i have to ring but still haven't gotten nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Sorry to drag up an old thread, but does anyone use the Ufirst for tickets, i've bought a good few and they never show up on that table on the ufirst page i have to ring but still haven't gotten nothing.

Do they charge basic transaction fees on transfers / using a laser card like aib do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Do they charge basic transaction fees on transfers / using a laser card like aib do?
    No, the new system just charges a flat E4 per month for E48 total per year. Ufirst is more than that but has benefits. Neither tier have per transaction charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

No, the new system just charges a flat E4 per month for E48 total per year. Ufirst is more than that but has benefits. Neither tier have per transaction charges.

But not if you lodge 3k a month in. I asked and it doesn't matter if if lodge 3k from your savings account into your current for one day then back to savings. Should still count as a deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Frequently event search fails for me on the ufirst page. I just enter the venue and it usually shows up (though for popular venues, you might have to wade through a few months of other events to get to the one you want to book).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

It will also bring you straight to ticketmaster and it tracks your purchase directly from it. I've always been emailed within 24hours that my Ticketmaster purchase was tracked and cash back is pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

bazwaldo wrote: »
    It will also bring you straight to ticketmaster and it tracks your purchase directly from it. I've always been emailed within 24hours that my Ticketmaster purchase was tracked and cash back is pending.

Hmmmm seems like theres something wrong with mine so.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Slunk wrote: »
    But not if you lodge 3k a month in. I asked and it doesn't matter if if lodge 3k from your savings account into your current for one day then back to savings. Should still count as a deposit.

Does it have to be 3k in one lump sum or can it be made up of different lodgements?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Hmmmm seems like theres something wrong with mine so.
    Mine hasnt worked automatically since last June, so I just email them with transaction number, event name, cost and sate of purchase, and they refund me that way.
    Not as handy at all, but works I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Was booking Electric Picnic tickets and they didn't show up on the first page but just followed the ticketmaster link and booked them the normal way. First time using the ufirst account for this and couldn't believe it when I got €77 back. EP tickets with the 3 year discount works out at about €120!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Mine are so random it's impossible to tell.

Sometimes I receive my booking e-mail within 5-6 working days (at best) and the refund goes through smoothly.

Sometimes I just don't receive it and I've to call them up and proceed through the most achingly painful conversation trying to explain the problem. They say someone will call me back within 24 hours and they never do. After that sometimes I have to ring again, sometimes the money magically appears about a week later.

If you're talking about just buying tickets, it happens so often for me that tickets don't show up when I search for them so I manually proceed.

Whether it's manual or the event is in the list, there's no certainty to whether I'll get the money automatically or I have to pursue them. It's a nightmare, but I guess the refund makes it worthwhile.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Does it have to be 3k in one lump sum or can it be made up of different lodgements?

Different lodgements once it all adds up to 3k I think because I asked about my wages then the balance transferred from savings account and said that would be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭hargo

I always use the link from ufirst to ticketmaster and book event on ticketmaster in the normal way. I have always got my 25% back within 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Mine are so random it's impossible to tell.
    My cashback is somewhat sporadic too, I maintain a spreadsheet of what I bought and what was refunded. I haven't done any conclusive tests, but anecdotaly, using Internet Explorer from home (i.e. not through work proxy) has always worked. Any time it's failed I've been using chrome and/or my work PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

snappieT wrote: »
    My cashback is somewhat sporadic too, I maintain a spreadsheet of what I bought and what was refunded. I haven't done any conclusive tests, but anecdotaly, using Internet Explorer from home (i.e. not through work proxy) has always worked. Any time it's failed I've been using chrome and/or my work PC.

I always use Chrome on a work PC

Never had any issues.
    Bought loads of tickets and always get the cash-back

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

Can anyone help me with this, I have registered and can get on to the buy tickets page - however its directing me to ticketmaster.co.uk ?

If I change it to .ie will it lose the connection with the ufirst partner ?

Its very very slow too

magicray wrote: »
    Can anyone help me with this, I have registered and can get on to the buy tickets page - however its directing me to ticketmaster.co.uk ?

If I change it to .ie will it lose the connection with the ufirst partner ?

Its very very slow too

I would leave it as the .co.uk if that is where the link brings you. Or you will probably not get the cash back automatically

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

On the user guide it says things about buying tickets from non-ticketmaster. How exactly does this work and what for? Does anybody know?

Also, it says about having to use the tickets yourself. But what if its a present? How would they ever know who actually went to the event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Raoul wrote: »
    On the user guide it says things about buying tickets from non-ticketmaster. How exactly does this work and what for? Does anybody know?

Also, it says about having to use the tickets yourself. But what if its a present? How would they ever know who actually went to the event?

That is probably them "saying" you can't sell the tickets on for a profit!

That is probably them "saying" you can't sell the tickets on for a profit!
    I wouldn't be doing that...:cool:. But presume there is no problems with someone else using the tickets.

Raoul wrote: »
    I wouldn't be doing that...:cool:. But presume there is no problems with someone else using the tickets.

No problem at all, the tickets are identical to any other ticketmaster tickets, no way of any venue telling they were re-sold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Hi guys, used ufirst ticket benefit for the first time last night. I couldn't find the tickets on the uFirst site so I just went straight to ticketmaster.ie and booked the tickets and used the Order Number as the booking reference when claiming the cash back. Will this work for me or will I not get my 25% cash back does anyone know? I was in a hurry booking tickets and didn't realise I could enter ticketmaster by following a link on uFirst. My mistake obviously.

Thanks.

Use ufirstaccount.ie, there is a section to enter the ticketmaster ref number.
    Beware that automatic cash back is very unreliable, you may need to chase them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Use ufirstaccount.ie, there is a section to enter the ticketmaster ref number.
    Beware that automatic cash back is very unreliable, you may need to chase them.

Thanks!

How long should I wait before chasing them do you recommend?

Thanks!

How long should I wait before chasing them do you recommend?

A month usually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Potential bad news:

http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts/extra-benefit-accounts/ufirst.ashx

Ulster Bank are not taking new applications from January

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Potential bad news:

http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts/extra-benefit-accounts/ufirst.ashx

Ulster Bank are not taking new applications from January

interesting.....

• Advertisement

Might sign up for one now then.

Does anyone know if they are open on Monday?

Advertisement