Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Another plus on UFirst accounts is that with a joint account all account holders have full benifets. So you can have both phones etc covered.

Does this still apply? ie if my and the gf have an account, can we get cover for 2 x mobiles etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Does this still apply? ie if my and the gf have an account, can we get cover for 2 x mobiles etc?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Dexterd

I might be wrong but of the top of my head it has to be the ticketmaster.co.uk site to avail of the cash back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

interesting.....

Will they pull it altogether I wonder? i've saved literally hundreds on tickets alone.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

I'm being charged €4 a month anyway. For an extra €6 being covered for an iPhone and two definite trips in Europe this year it seems worth it for that alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Use ufirstaccount.ie, there is a section to enter the ticketmaster ref number.
    Beware that automatic cash back is very unreliable, you may need to chase them.

I've had to chase them over every ticket in the last few months. It's an absolute nightmare. You'll have no sign of cashback for two weeks, very obviously there's none in sight and none coming. You'll ring them and they'll say to hang on until a month has passed. It's an utter pain in the @ss.

Yes it's a great facility, but the service is shocking.

Also depending on who you ring, the treatment you'll get and the action the agent takes seems random.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Maybe its your browser cookie setting or something as every one of my Ticketmaster purchases get tracked. Usually get an email 24 hours later and get the refund after a couple of weeks. My only complaint in when tickets are not sold through Ticketmaster and I have to call them to book. Thus has a turnaround of a day and if a popular gig, the best tickets can be gone.

The tenner a month is well worth it especially since its a joint account.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

I'd looked into this before and decided against. Now that they're withdrawing it I'm tempted again although i currently pay no fees at present.

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Maybe its your browser cookie setting or something as every one of my Ticketmaster purchases get tracked.

Yes, I booked from work laptop once and didn't get the cashback - i assume it was something to do with the firewall. Every time I use it from home it's worke perfectly.

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Yes, I booked from work laptop once and didn't get the cashback - i assume it was something to do with the firewall. Every time I use it from home it's worke perfectly.

When it does work, do you go via the ufirstaccount site, which redirects to ticketmaster?

• Advertisement

When it does work, do you go via the ufirstaccount site, which redirects to ticketmaster?

Yes. Almost always you have to search yourself as the show doesn't come up on the initial search. It re-directs to tm.co.uk and I either log in from there or usually, it'll recognise my login.

The only time it didn't work was from work. As you may see from my sig below, I've attended quite a few Bruce Springsteen shows in the last couple of years so saved quite a few bob!. My only regret is I only started using this two years ago as I mistakenly thought you wouldn't be able to get in quick for potentially sold-out gigs.

Cheers, my auto cash back hasnt been happening much of late. Search on ufirstaccount is pointless, so I just go via ticketmaster.ie and then enter the ref number on the ufirstaccount site. But that rarely works and I just email them.
    I have been using it for years, I remember when you used to call it in instead of booking online, via a company called Seatem, with a call centre in Donegal.

Looks like tm.ie doesn't work. Go through the ufirst portal and follow the link to tm.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Airport lounge access: Enjoy access to over 600 airport lounges across the world for a small fee upon entry

Anyone know what the fee is?

Dining - A 25% discount with our ufirst dining service.

Anyone used this or know what restaurants participate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Airport lounge access: Enjoy access to over 600 airport lounges across the world for a small fee upon entry

Anyone know what the fee is?

Dining - A 25% discount with our ufirst dining service.

Anyone used this or know what restaurants participate?
    Dining, there should be a pdf around the ufirist site somewhere, probably in the faqs. I remember being distinctly unimpressed, Milanos really only stood out.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

Does anyone know if you have to pay extra for a premium handset for the mobile phone insurance? I've a HTC One and the last crowd I was with - Rose Hill via MobileCover.ie, never again - charged a premium. Also, is there any reasonable speculation about why they're withdrawing the account from new members? I don't want to go to the trouble of migrating an account only to have them withdraw it completely within a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

rovoagho wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to pay extra for a premium handset for the mobile phone insurance? I've a HTC One and the last crowd I was with - Rose Hill via MobileCover.ie, never again - charged a premium.

I've had iPhones 4 and 5 on it when they were both the latest, no mention of a premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭cson

The excess is €90 which is steep enough.

Still though; when taken in the context of a €500+ handset its not too bad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

whats all this about discounts on flights and hotels, can someone expand on this.

I actually have the account the last 2 years and have been content with my travel insurance and phone insurance from it for me and the other half but ive never gone onto the website and it appears i am not registered.

Im a ufirst gold account which makes me sound proper posh altogether! for the life of me i cant remember why i ended up getting the account, i think it was to assist with my mortgage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

lolosaur wrote: »
    whats all this about discounts on flights and hotels, can someone expand on this.

I actually have the account the last 2 years and have been content with my travel insurance and phone insurance from it for me and the other half but ive never gone onto the website and it appears i am not registered.

Im a ufirst gold account which makes me sound proper posh altogether! for the life of me i cant remember why i ended up getting the account, i think it was to assist with my mortgage.

Even if you have had the account 2 years, you need to register initially for the website. Once you do, then all the benefits of the account are explained and the ways in which you can make the most of it are all laid out.

On the website it says for holidays and trips:
    "Up to 10% off selected holidays
      • Holiday packages, tours and cruises
      • Tickets for scheduled airline flights
      • Tickets for any chartered airline flights offered to the public
      • Holiday cottages and villas
      • Ferry tickets
      • Hotel accommodation"
    Exclusions are:
    What are the key exclusions?

• The following can be booked, but you will not receive a discount:
      • Low cost Airlines
      • Tour Operator direct promotions which
        cannot be booked through a Travel Agency
      • Any amount in excess of the published base price,
        for example, surcharges or optional products
      The following cannot be booked:
      • Any reservations which cannot be booked through a Travel Agency
      • Non-UK based Low Cost Airlines and Ryanair
      • Travel into Cuba

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 433 ✭✭lolosaur

i just signed up to check it out there, it is all a little vague.

So if i am going to parisat the end of january for instance. do i ring them and say hi, id like 5 nights in paris with flights and accomodation and they will say here ya go, these are flight times and hotel number or do i book and then tell them what i have booked?

how exactly are they a travel agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

quite simply that. they have a travel agency they use. You tell them where and when and they will make you an offer for it.

As for priority pass its 24€ a visit so really not worth it unless you have LOADS of money or really really need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

lolosaur wrote: »
    i just signed up to check it out there, it is all a little vague.

So if i am going to parisat the end of january for instance. do i ring them and say hi, id like 5 nights in paris with flights and accomodation and they will say here ya go, these are flight times and hotel number or do i book and then tell them what i have booked?

how exactly are they a travel agent?

For an example I recently wanted to stay in The Westin in Dublin.
    I shopped around all the usual sites (hotels.com, booking.com, etc) using any discount code I could find on here. Found the lowest I could get.

Rang UB & they got it for €30 cheaper.

This was my first time using it but will use it again.

I see they have rejigged the site now. I can no longer view my usage history. That was handy to be able to track unpaid/pending cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

are they still as unreliable as ever for claiming cash back - this has put me off joining...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I see applications for UFirst Accounts close this Saturday...

terencemc wrote: »
    are they still as unreliable as ever for claiming cash back - this has put me off joining...

I ALWAYS get my cashback except for one time I used it in work - assume firewall was the issue.

I USED to always get my cashback until July '12, then something changed with their system. The ufirstaccount search for events is diabolical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

tallpaul wrote: »
    I see applications for UFirst Accounts close this Saturday...

You need to ring up to do it and then go in the bank and more or less do the whole application again in the bank.

Advertisement