Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Raoul wrote: »
    You need to ring up to do it and then go in the bank and more or less do the whole application again in the bank.

You can do it online also. Took me 2 minutes and it was done within 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

You can do it online also. Took me 2 minutes and it was done within 2 days.

Did you get an application number? For some reason when I filled out the forms online I didn't get an email or application number.

Did you get an application number? For some reason when I filled out the forms online I didn't get an email or application number.

After I filled in the form I just got two emails. A confirmation my account was transferred and then once I had a registered for the website a confirmation my details were registered.

Didn't require a registration/application number for any part of the process as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

I wasn't getting any email. Took me an hour to do over the phone and then an hour in the bank too. Disaster! Hopefully worth it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

You need to ring up to do it and then go in the bank and more or less do the whole application again in the bank.

The same thing happened to us, just as well we did as we had to correct a lot of mistakes on the form. Even the branch was wrong as well as names just hope that is the end of problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭terencemc

can you cancel at anytime? Might be worth buying some tickets to gigs in the summer and then cancelling....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

I talked to Aviva via Ulster Bank, they say that the only limitation on handsets is screen size, up to 6".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    I ALWAYS get my cashback except for one time I used it in work - assume firewall was the issue.

God I wish I had that service. I have to chase nearly everything I book. Their site is an absolute shambles since they updated it last year.

Last month I had to chase them over about 8 different tickets. I got the money back yes, but the chase is a nightmare.

Also what's most frustrating is that depending on who you get, you've no idea of the service. Sometimes I have the cash forwarded to me within a few days, other times I'm told to call back after 30 days, sometimes they say sorry and call me back but one time last month I received two letters about one booking that hadn't gone through apologising and saying the money would be transferred. It really seems like every experience is pot luck.

can you cancel the service at anytime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

God I wish I had that service. I have to chase nearly everything I book. Their site is an absolute shambles since they updated it last year.

Last month I had to chase them over about 8 different tickets. I got the money back yes, but the chase is a nightmare.

Also what's most frustrating is that depending on who you get, you've no idea of the service. Sometimes I have the cash forwarded to me within a few days, other times I'm told to call back after 30 days, sometimes they say sorry and call me back but one time last month I received two letters about one booking that hadn't gone through apologising and saying the money would be transferred. It really seems like every experience is pot luck.

That's mad - I've bought countless tickets & never had to chase
    Always comes in within the 30 days

Once I went to book & their site was down.
    Rang them to book but their system was down too.
    Bought direct with ticketmaster, emailed them in my reference & then again no issue with the cash-back.
    Very happy with the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Exact same as me. Very inconsistent responses from ufirst. Sometimes an email, sometimes a letter, sometimes a phone call.
    Out of interest, do you book on ticketmaster.ie?

terencemc wrote: »
    Maybe just keep asking the question repeatedly indefinitely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

terencemc wrote: »

Try This

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=can+i+cancel+my+ufirst+account+at+anytime%3F

You can cancel at any time, just to prevent terencemc asking again

Haha, thanks guys. Just thought that someone would know off hand to circumvent trawling through t&c's.
    It did say that if you cancel within the first 6 months ulsterbank may revoke your refunds though

I see they have rejigged the site now. I can no longer view my usage history. That was handy to be able to track unpaid/pending cashback.

Actually the cashback summary is still there on the redesigned site. The event search is still just as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Exact same as me. Very inconsistent responses from ufirst. Sometimes an email, sometimes a letter, sometimes a phone call.
    Out of interest, do you book on ticketmaster.ie?

I previously booked on ticketmaster.ie with the website address extension which was inconsistent at times but have reverted back to ticketmaster.co.uk directly through the site, but still getting the same random levels of service.

It's catch 22 really, the service is downright appalling at times but the benefits are massive. I even get my monthly bus ticket through ticketmaster and I get the 25% back on it. So regardless of the service provided, I have to put up with it!

I previously booked on ticketmaster.ie with the website address extension which was inconsistent at times but have reverted back to ticketmaster.co.uk directly through the site, but still getting the same random levels of service.

It's catch 22 really, the service is downright appalling at times but the benefits are massive. I even get my monthly bus ticket through ticketmaster and I get the 25% back on it. So regardless of the service provided, I have to put up with it!

Yeah the address extension used to work for me for about a year or so on .ie too. Then it just stopped working. It was handy, rather than messing with ufirstaccount.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is this stopped now? Saw something on the web site

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is this stopped now? Saw something on the web site

"The ufirst account will no longer be available for sale after 9.45pm on Saturday the 11th January 2014."
    http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts/extra-benefit-accounts/ufirst.ashx

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

"The ufirst account will no longer be available for sale after 9.45pm on Saturday the 11th January 2014."
    http://www.ulsterbank.ie/roi/personal/daily-banking/current-accounts/extra-benefit-accounts/ufirst.ashx

Was just going to sign up today ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

This topic is not expired! Ufirst account holders will surely still want to discuss issues here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Can probably do that better over in banking since it's a closed shop now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    This topic is not expired! Ufirst account holders will surely still want to discuss issues here?

You can no longer apply for an account so the 'bargain' is Expired.

Ongoing discussion would be better suited in the banking forum (here)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭rovoagho

So move the thread there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

So when you login to ufirstaccount.ie and try to purchase tickets for an event.
    When you try the search and its not found you can click on the link to ticketmaster and purchase the tickets.

After you have purchased the tickets you are supposed to send the ticketmaster reference via the 'cash-back' tab in the ufirst account. My problem is there is no such tab in the website.

I rang the helpdesk and they should be a tab on the tickets main page, they will get someone to call me back but god knows when. Tried firefox and IE no luck

Anyone else find this? am I doing something wrong?

any help appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

I was booking an event last week & had to call & the girl told me that they're cracking down on ticket abuse as people are buying them for non Ufirst members & getting them discounted. Asked me if I'd be attending, as it happens I wasn't, I was buying them for the missus & her mate, so they wouldn't process the tix for me. could be something to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

OU812 wrote: »
    I was booking an event last week & had to call & the girl told me that they're cracking down on ticket abuse as people are buying them for non Ufirst members & getting them discounted. Asked me if I'd be attending, as it happens I wasn't, I was buying them for the missus & her mate, so they wouldn't process the tix for me. could be something to do with that.

There is noway they can prove you didn't attend. They are hardly going to be at the door checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

Yeah, I am attending but even if I wasn't it just the fact there's no 'cash-back' tab to submit the Ticketmaster reference. Does anyone else have a cash back tab in the tickets section - its simply not there for me and I'm wondering is it just me or has it been removed, was it ever there?

Advertisement