Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ufirst Account

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Nope, upgrade to your current account. You keep your acc no and sort code, all your DDs anything like that are unaffected.
    Thanks for the reply,i went for the 14 aswell,worth the extra money for insurance on both phones and holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

antodeco wrote: »
    Once the tickets can be purchased through Ticketmaster, they are eligible

It's not exclusive to Ticketmaster. However, Ticketmaster are the only ones that can be bought online. For anything else, you ring them and tell them what you want. They then get in contact with the box office and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Slunk wrote: »
    Has anyone got a list of the restaurants where ye get a discount?

Yes, here's a PDF: https://www.ufirstaccount.ie/bca/HUB_ULSTER_ROI/Images/pdf/Restaurant-list.pdf

Most aren't anything special. Cheap enough restaurants (and a lot of Indians for some reason). Citron Restaurant in Dublin is probably the only stand-out one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Pretty poor selection of restaurants alright. Still could be worth it for Ticketmaster alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Has anyone tried booking ticketmaster tickets on a high-demand event, i.e. where tickets sell out quickly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    Has anyone tried booking ticketmaster tickets on a high-demand event, i.e. where tickets sell out quickly?

I have online. It can be a tiny bit slower going through the portal site, so if I ever NEED the best tickets, I buy them straight from ticketmaster. It's not massively slow, so if you're not pushed on being Row 1 or Row 10 or just general standing tickets, I'd happily recommend ufirst. But if you want Row 1 or Row 2 or its a very small venue, definitely go straight to Ticketmaster.

I've not tried using their phone service, but I have heard its better for booking high demand tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭ablelocks

does anyone know if it's possible to use ufirst ticket login in conjunction with a special pre-sale on ticketmaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭swampy353

ablelocks wrote: »
    does anyone know if it's possible to use ufirst ticket login in conjunction with a special pre-sale on ticketmaster?
    Unlikely as to get cash back you have to go through the u first site, and to get presale you have to go through the O2 site

swampy353 wrote: »
    Unlikely as to get cash back you have to go through the u first site, and to get presale you have to go through the O2 site

Presuming it's O2 the presale is for, it often isn't, e.g. Munster Supporters pre-sale for Springsteen tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

www.ufirstaccount.ie doesnt seem to be working. anyone have a list of the restaurants etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

fifib wrote: »
    www.ufirstaccount.ie doesnt seem to be working. anyone have a list of the restaurants etc?

A poster posted it above: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81578670&postcount=96

Restaurants are very few in number.

I signed up only because the iPhone insurance is cheaper than the insurance 02 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

quaalude wrote: »

yea tried this link too..not working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

fifib wrote: »
    yea tried this link too..not working

Weird - link's working fine for me.

Anyway, I attached it to this post, hope that helps.

testicle wrote: »
    e.g. Munster Supporters pre-sale for Springsteen tomorrow.

got it in one.

I think it'll work if I log in to ticket master under my ufirst account, don't close the browser (to keep the cookies active), and then copy and paste the pre-sale link into the address bar rather than clicking on it?

I'll try it out anyway and report back...

UK pre-sale for Springsteen Thursday 9am.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adlerhn

In the benefits (http://www.ulsterbank.ie/documents/roi/ufirst_terms_and_conditions.pdf) it is stated that offers a 10% discount in:
    • Holiday packages, tours and cruises
    • Tickets for scheduled airline flights
    • Tickets for any chartered airline flights offered to the public
    • Tickets for UK based low cost airline flights (excluding Ryanair)*
    • Holiday cottages and villas
    • Ferry tickets
    • Hotel accommodation
    • Car hire
    *You can book low cost airline flights through the Travel Service but the 10% discount will not apply.

I am considering this, as I travel often (every 3 weeks in average), even though it is mostly with Ryanair.

Has anyone tried this service? How are prices of normal flights booked through their agency, compared to buying them on the Internet?

It is explicitly stated that Ryanair is not supported. Is every other airline supported? Aer Lingus, EasyJet, British Airways...

What about hotels? Are prices comparable to booking.com or edreams?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyB466

Tickets are usually available for big events without any hassle. refund usually comes in within 2weeks straight into your bank account - it doesnt matter who's card you pay with, refunds go directly to your account!!

Travel service is good, got a 10% discount of flights but sometimes not great, so simply shop around, tell them the price you have & they try beat it.

travel insurance is a great bonus, I have never claimed but.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Signed up myself today, said it's be three days before it's complete (which seems a little hong, but whatever). Want to buy Tickets for Oliver in the GCT over Xmas at €60 each 25% back is a nice saving.

got it in one.

I think it'll work if I log in to ticket master under my ufirst account, don't close the browser (to keep the cookies active), and then copy and paste the pre-sale link into the address bar rather than clicking on it?

I'll try it out anyway and report back...

it didn't (seem to) work - event not found page when i copied the pre-sale link into the ufirst / ticketmaster address bar, so i just re-entered the pre-sale link in the same browser window, bought my tickets and will call them later to see if i can get reimbursed.

it didn't (seem to) work - event not found page when i copied the pre-sale link into the ufirst address bar, so i just continued on, bought my tickets and will call them later to see if i can get reimbursed.

You won't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

The trick was to log into ufirst.

Click on the link to uk ticketmaster.

Then paste the following into the address bar:
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1800497DA6BF4FE1?did=season

(http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/brucesupporters didn't work)

I have rang them up before after not getting reimbursed, gave them my ticketmaster confirmation number and they honoured it

keith_d99 wrote: »
    The trick was to log into ufirst.

Click on the link to uk ticketmaster.

Then paste the following into the address bar:
    http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1800497DA6BF4FE1?did=season

(http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/brucesupporters didn't work)

I have rang them up before after not getting reimbursed, gave them my ticketmaster confirmation number and they honoured it

so what's different about that first link (it also worked when i substituted .ie for .co.uk)? And what's to stop anyone from purchasing tickets - while they said there would be verification, there wasn't any obvious check on MRSC membership.

I have also been reimbursed for other non-ticketmaster events before, so not expecting any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

so what's different about that first link (it also worked when i substituted .ie for .co.uk)? And what's to stop anyone from purchasing tickets - while they said there would be verification, there wasn't any obvious check on MRSC membership.

I have also been reimbursed for other non-ticketmaster events before, so not expecting any issues.

the "brucesupporters" was just a redirect to the first link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

TonyB466 wrote: »
    Tickets are usually available for big events without any hassle. refund usually comes in within 2weeks straight into your bank account - it doesnt matter who's card you pay with, refunds go directly to your account!!

Is this automatic Tony? Just bagged 4 tickets for Bruce Springsteen. At €90 a pop, that'll be a lovely refund! Am debating whether to pass it on to my siblings or just keep it myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TonyB466

Is this automatic Tony? Just bagged 4 tickets for Bruce Springsteen. At €90 a pop, that'll be a lovely refund! Am debating whether to pass it on to my siblings or just keep it myself!!

YES ITS AUTOMATIC!! Sit back & wait approx two weeks, you should see it pending in the ufirstaccount.ie site under ticketmaster - it will say paid when refunded.
    _As long as you went through the Ufirstaccount website of course!
    Enjoy the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Has anyone else had problems registering for the Travel Insurance?

I have rang up on 3 different occasions to try get it sorted and keep getting passed from uFirst to the insurance providers to my branch and back again!

Worked ok on tm.co.uk for 4 Bruce Wembley tickets....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

TonyB466 wrote: »
    YES ITS AUTOMATIC!! Sit back & wait approx two weeks, you should see it pending in the ufirstaccount.ie site under ticketmaster - it will say paid when refunded.
    _As long as you went through the Ufirstaccount website of course!
    Enjoy the gig

Supposedly automatic, but mine hasn't been since June. I have to keep calling them to get my cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

The handiest way to get to the ticketmaster page and get ufirst cash back is to find the event page on Ticketmaster.ie, then paste this after the url:
    camefrom=CFC_UK_BUYAT&brand=uk_ulster

Saves having to log in to ufirstaccount, search on their (****ty) search and find the page that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Supposedly automatic, but mine hasn't been since June. I have to keep calling them to get my cash back.
    I've started to experience this problem too :(
    Calling them has sorted it out, but it's so inconvenient.

Advertisement